• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got banned from posting on Miiverse unfairly

Karter_90

Smash Cadet
Hello Smashers,

I recently received a permanent-ban from posting on Miiverse because I thought reporting two users who were being highly disrespectful (using curses with Paris / USA) on Mario Kart 8 would bring awareness to Nintendo. And yesterday night I noticed that I'm the one who got punished for bringing them forth.

So far I've sent an email to Nintendo of America and replied on Miiverse to the admins with that simpleton answer "I did not do anything wrong" or whatever it was, I mean, it doesn't even let the user reply in his/her own words to explain the situation at hand.

Evidence:
1) http://i.imgur.com/cd9zxJ8.jpg
2) http://i.imgur.com/OYLBl2U.jpg

Just why couldn't the Miiverse admins remove the posts but say "Thank you for bring this matter to Nintendo, we have forwarded it but next time please use Nintendo of America contact through email system.".

This is annoying because I really liked Miiverse to sometimes discuss and post screenshots of games for other people to see. :( So is there anything else I can do that I haven't already (wouldn't see much point calling Nintendo and it'd cost to call them)?

Thanks.

EDIT: My nickname on Mario Kart 8 is "Felipe M".

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Every official social media owned by big companies will be plagued by corrupted moderators. My advice is that you do not go back here, and avoid anything official - I learned this the hard way too, a few years back.

I don't know why tho... it seems mods here get picked by how they follow the rules and do backseat moderation, and then woops they abuse.

Stay here it's better.

Karter_90

Smash Cadet
Nintendo's got back to me and I've sent the information they needed from me so hopefully in the next couple of days it'll work normally.

It's a paid product and I didn't do anything wrong so's only fair to unban me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Miiverse has a pretty terrible reputation of moderators banning users for seemingly arbitrary reasons, just so you know.

Karter_90

Smash Cadet
Miiverse has a pretty terrible reputation of moderators banning users for seemingly arbitrary reasons, just so you know.
I hear that but if people fight back then there's hope that Nintendo realises what rubbish their Miiverse staff is and fires those bums. Yeah, I'm usually against companies firing people unfairly but the ones in charge of Miiverse have it coming.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This can be a problem when you consider that some games require you to have Miiverse access if you want to play them. Super Mario Maker is a huge example, since you need a Miiverse account to upload courses, AND to go to Course World.

Karter_90

Smash Cadet
Got banned from posting on Miiverse again. You may ask why. Why? I tried to be helpful to a Brazilian Wii U owner with a PAL Wii U in which I said I could send him games over to him if he wanted, and with an external forum address (apparently it's against the rules) plus listed a couple of UK retailers which are really good.

My god, Miiverse is so ********. *sigh* Will be contacting Nintendo again and this is rather unacceptable.

This is the last time that I'm going to request and if the stupid numbnuts of Miiverse do it again then I just don't care. Such a flawed social community.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I stopped using Miiverse after my first ban for an arbitrary reason. Best decision I ever made. The community is not worth staying for and only a few games require the feature.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Who cares if you get banned from Miiverse? That place is a hellhole anyways.

Last edited:

Karter_90

Smash Cadet
Got unbanned but just tired of it, a guy tries to be helpful and then someone stabs in the back so screw that deformed social community. I'll just make a new Nintendo ID account when the new Nintendo home console is out.

By the way, I included my suggestions on how to make Miiverse a better community but the Nintendo PR didn't even said a word about it so that pretty much says it all.

Top Bottom