• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
hey I was playing around with some friends and we were on ps1, I was trying to SD under the stage and then somehow d3 went right through it...we messed around with it for awhile and figured out that if you hit the little thing sticking out of the middle of the pole holding the stage up that you go right through the stage. Does anybody know what this is called? Heres a video I took of me doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAMLsW1TsP0

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Lol.

It's these small, almost useless advances in D3's game that make us love that penguin so much. <3

Srrsly though, nice find.

Cheers.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Kirby is actually very easy to play against but don't play against him in the same way as mk. Kirby is a lot more predictable, such as in the beginning when most of the time they wait for a grab. Our back air beats his and we have a lot more range than him.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I need some help with something. What is the best way to avoid the **** when recovering. Man...Lain ***** me when he forces me to use the Super Dedede Jump :( Any suggestions or general tips? Going to my first out of state tourney this weekend.

CO18

Smash Hero
Umm it depends, if youre high up and have alot of percent or more than him or w/e, I just hold inhale to keep them away then cancel before I get to the ledge.

Most of the time vs mk once I get hit off stage I just turn around since bairs are faster than fair, up airs are good, then if the mk is like really close to you just up+b and abuse super armor since he wont really be able to punish you that easily after that. I never usually get gimped youll still take percent if they know what theyre doing but theres rarely ever a situation that I dont recover vs the mk

Coney

Smash Master
be wary of recovering high, he can catch you out of your jump with the tornado and kill you off the top

be wary of recovering low, he can grab you off the ledge and you won't get your jumps back

just be wary of recovering

ZTD | TECHnology

be wary of recovering high, he can catch you out of your jump with the tornado and kill you off the top

be wary of recovering low, he can grab you off the ledge and you won't get your jumps back

just be wary of recovering
Yeah I found that out yesterday when I kept getting grabbed out of the jump. His recovery is a bit tricky for me to handle but I'm getting a litter better with mixing up how I use the jumps.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Is it possible to SDI out of D3's Uair and Dair?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Uair, yes, pretty easily, especially if your character is light/floaty.
Dair, I'm not entirely sure. I think you can, since I THINK I've seen it done, but I believe it's a bit harder to get out of. For me, all the hits usually hit with this move if they are caught in it.

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
Here in Norcal, despite who I play against, nine times out of ten the character I lose to is Falco or MK. I have no competent secondary and think it may finally be a good time for me to get one. I don't want to second MK (years of making fun of MK's would make it hard for me to eat my pride) so who do you guys think i should go instead?

Beating a falco with falco would be hard, since usually the other falco would have more experiencing than I. MK is an obvious choice. Snake does ok against MK but the Falco matchup seems to be getting harder and harder, so I don't feel comfortable there. Wario still loses to MK. ICs lose to MK. Diddy....loses to Falco and MK? It's not bad though. I've even thought about using Kirby and Pikachu, but their matches against MK arnt very good.

So whatever suggestions you guys have, throw 'em at me with some justification. I really appreciate it!

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
No one beats mk, just pick someone who does better against him than D3, then if he tries to take you to rainbow cruise, switch back (you'll probably still lose if it's a good mk but w/e). And pikachu does well against mk; I don't know what you're talking about! I say you should go with Kirby to keep it in the dreamland family.

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
Heh, I like Kirby a lot because he plays like DDD, is from the same game, and is awesome, but he doesnt really strike fear into the falcos I know. and I hear he is 40:60 against MK :(

As for Pikachu, I believe he hard counters Falco, but still loses to MK about 40:60. maybe thats the best I can do :((((

Technodeath

Smash Champion
I don't know about anyone else. But I don't consider 60:40 to really be THAT bad a matchup.

It's no definite loss by any stretch, it's just slightly more uphill than an even battle.
I'm comfortable with fighting fights where I have a disadvantage, being I play Cpt Falcon a good deal.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
1) Pika vs mk is not 6/4. It's waaaaaaay easier than D3 vs mk.

2) Kirby also has an easier time with mk than DDD. It's more of a soft 6/4 were D3 mk is a hard 6/4 if not 65:35.

3) If you look at the matchup threads, they often make things look worse than they really are. Most matchup charts are outdated and too many of the people in character discussion are clueless, low-level players who don't understand how matchups work at high levels of play...so be careful whose advice you trust.

4) You didn't mention Marth, Olimar, or Game and Watch. Basically all of the other high tiers can handle mk (and Falco of course) better than D3 can.....maybe not marth (I haven't played pierce in a year and have never played mikehaze or NEO so I can't be entirely sure).

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Can anyone play me online since I want to improve with DDD.
I'm sorry but I don't play online anymore...it wasn't getting anywhere. :(
Here in Norcal, despite who I play against, nine times out of ten the character I lose to is Falco or MK. I have no competent secondary and think it may finally be a good time for me to get one. I don't want to second MK (years of making fun of MK's would make it hard for me to eat my pride) so who do you guys think i should go instead?

Beating a falco with falco would be hard, since usually the other falco would have more experiencing than I. MK is an obvious choice. Snake does ok against MK but the Falco matchup seems to be getting harder and harder, so I don't feel comfortable there. Wario still loses to MK. ICs lose to MK. Diddy....loses to Falco and MK? It's not bad though. I've even thought about using Kirby and Pikachu, but their matches against MK arnt very good.

So whatever suggestions you guys have, throw 'em at me with some justification. I really appreciate it!
That's how it is for all dededes, losing to those two matchups. Snake is a wonderful secondary for both of those! You honestly just need to work on the Falco matchup though. It is close to even. Also, what Fizzle Boy said.

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
I beat as many falcos as I lose to. :p Its just so hard! But thats also a personal bad matchup, i hate lasers with a passion. So far using Pikachu is looking pretty good, he's an underrepresented character who does well against MK and REALLY well against Fox and Falco (i hate fox too, lol). Plus, i like chaingrabs :p

ZTD | TECHnology

Personally I don't feel like Falco is too bad. Powershielding is a must here however and being able to make hard reads will be the key to your success. Getting Falco off the stage should also be your number one goal. It doesn't take too many hits to put him in killing percent to be honest. B-throws are very good here. Make liberal use of those. Tech chasing is a great option afterwards if youve staled the B-throw. But once you get him off the stage you can gimp him if you know what hes doing. A good Falco never used Fire Bird unless they have to and at that point we can **** them offstage from there. We have options. It just requires a lot of patience and strong reads. Pay attention to everything. The patterns in their lasering, how they recover, what they do after a D-Throw, when they jab, all of it. This is matchup where playing smart is the only way to play.

ZTD | TECHnology

Oh well I posted anyway lol. Man I hate Snake vs Falco. Its evenish but I just hate how the mechanics of that MU work.

I need some solid advice against Luigi though if anyone has it. I find it annoying without the use of the standing infinite.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm gonna try to upload some vids of my DDD sometime this week.

I don't have much content of it online, and I could use some good critiquing.

Mostly will upload friendlies with masky and such

I just found out that Falco can DI down the dthrow, tech, and pop up right in front of DDD. I assume others can do the same. Is it possible to regrab falco if they do this, or does one have to worry about getting jabbed before DDD's grab comes out?

I know that Bthrow is always better option against those we cannot CG, but having that tech chase option does lead to an occasional death if you read it right. However, if Falco can just jab me out of my Dthrow tech chase, it might not be worth it.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I just found out that Falco can DI down the dthrow, tech, and pop up right in front of DDD. I assume others can do the same. Is it possible to regrab falco if they do this, or does one have to worry about getting jabbed before DDD's grab comes out?

I know that Bthrow is always better option against those we cannot CG, but having that tech chase option does lead to an occasional death if you read it right. However, if Falco can just jab me out of my Dthrow tech chase, it might not be worth it.
Yes others can do the same, including Meta Knight, Kirby, Game & Watch, Olimar, and others whom you cannot chaingrab. Definitely go for another grab if you can react well enough while they're still shielding.

And I think you just answered your own question there buddy. It means that you can do either one. That's only if Falco thinks about teching and jabbing of course.

And DewDaDash I don't do this matchup anymore so I don't think my critique would even suffice.

Top Bottom