• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Whadup D boards! I got a question. I just want to know how do I cancel D's swallow. I know when players mash buttons, D's swallow gets canceled and that makes them jump out. How do I cancel D's swallow by purpose? Meaning even if they don't mash any buttons, D's swallow can be canceled ether way Do I have to spin around and ****? ight then yall take it easy.
Umm, no you cannot force a release by any means unless your opponent is mashing. Reguardless if you are spinning or not they will just be spit out after like 3-5 seconds.

Joeythehero45532

Smash Rookie
WTF! You serious? I just watched a video of swallow to buffering to up tilt. I don't need to up tilt just release them out but not the star spit swallow way. The way where they exit on top of D'd head. Sebrik made the video and **** I can't find it and can't remember the name of the video.

Joeythehero45532

Smash Rookie
Umm, no you cannot force a release by any means unless your opponent is mashing. Reguardless if you are spinning or not they will just be spit out after like 3-5 seconds.

WTF! You serious? I just watched a video of swallow to buffering to up tilt. I don't need to up tilt just release them out but not the star spit swallow way. The way where they exit on top of D'd head. Sebrik made the video and **** I can't find it and can't remember the name of the video.

Ight found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yfMoegHvcY

**** I double posted!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261

Ight found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yfMoegHvcY

**** I double posted!
Dude calm down...

As I said, the condition for your opponent to be released from the head is completely dependent on if your opponent tries to mash out or not. :/ If you really need confirmation just ask Seibrik. You can mindgame your opponent into mashing by walking towards the ledge, faking a DDDcide.

Joeythehero45532

Smash Rookie
Dude calm down...

As I said, the condition for your opponent to be released from the head is completely dependent on if your opponent tries to mash out or not. :/ If you really need confirmation just ask Seibrik. You can mindgame your opponent into mashing by walking towards the ledge, faking a DDDcide.
Sorry man my bad... Aye I just want to know it from someone that knows him (no disrespect man). Could you ask him since he might think I'm some kind of alt and ****. Thanks fo the help mayne!

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Can someone give me a good run down on how to play the basic D3 in double ?
My advice is don't do it. It's just too painful with such a large and slow character. Use someone else more suited to doubles like Wario. In all seriousness you will struggle do to his lack of mobility. It very much limits what you can punish and what you can do to protect/assist your partner. As such your teammate selection is very important. You need a partner that will be covering your back and you take the front, so get a partner that is good at weaving in and out for cover and punishes like Wario or marth or zss. Then you need to be the aggressor and put the pressure on and count on your partner to follow up on any plays you can make with things like grabs and Bairs.

Horrigan

Smash Rookie
When chaingrabbing Marth, assuming he always up b's out of it, is it better to just vanilla dash grab him or dash shield grab him? I've had mixed success with both.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
When chaingrabbing Marth, assuming he always up b's out of it, is it better to just vanilla dash grab him or dash shield grab him? I've had mixed success with both.
Assuming the marth will always Dolphin Slash, you shouldn't be successful with regular dash grab at all since dolphin slash is faster. As long as you timing is correct, you always nail the dash shield grab. However if the marth always just up-b's you could just wait for the up-b without dashing the full distance then punish the lag as marth falls down.

Joeythehero45532

Smash Rookie
so like no one knows how to cancel d3's swallow? that's bull**** man! i just watched dat video from sebriks channel. canceling d's swallow and ****

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
you can"t cancel dedede's swallow with that attitude dah

there is two ways to get out of the swallow :
- wait, and after 4 seconds you automatically are being spit out (star way)

- if the D3 presses A, or B, or smash etc... spit out (star way)

- MASH and you will be released above D3's head. This is where D3 can spin and buffer the Utilt, and by that i mean it's where the technique can work. THERE IS NO WAY TO CANCEL D3's INHALE BEING D3

Coney

Smash Master
i don't play and when i do it's just for fun, i'm not gonna be a contender again until smash 4

i don't think 4GOD plays, he was my fav ddd

vex has been in tryhard mode getting his ddd ready for apex, i think he's the one to watch atm

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
vex is invincible ! gogo #freemkapex2014

Seibrik would be good if he was focusing on ddd :) i don't even know if we are going to see his D3 anymore :'(

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Yea i'll be rooting for Vex as well. His DDD is beyond amazing.

Seibrik still plays DDD but not so much. He's picked up ICs recently ;\

PhD H

Smash Rookie
Hello King D3 Boards,I don't know if we are very active or not but I want a summary over what we have over Meta Knight,how can we apply these advantages to have a much easier time taking out the knight?

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
You have a better grab range and you are heavier. You also have an air grab which is nifty. Other than that though we kind of get shut down. tornado seriously basically shuts down our whole moveset. We have a number of select ground moves that beat it but our whole air game is beat by it.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
If MK is approaching from the ground some options you have are F-Tilt or pivot grab. They counter MK's dash attack, tilts, SH f-air and running grab. If the MK is tornadoing low enough and your timing is perfect, you can pivot grab, u-smash, or d-smash the nado. But you are better off just sheilding and punishing. When above MK in a juggling situation, hovering down airs are a good way to deter air chasing and poorly place chuttle loops. Inhale is also great landing tool as long as you mix it up with other options such as inhale or air dodging away.

Your main focus would be to defend and punish the MK while taking note of its habits. You have to try your best to slow down the pace of the match and not let the MK toss you around the stage. A good stradegy is to f-tilt repeatedly to box out MK's tils then punish the option they choose to get around f-tilt. A lot of players like to power sheild the f-tilt then punish. You can anticipate this and grab them. You need everything you can get vs MK so perfect your tech chases. Thank and work on defending yourself from nado.

PhD H

Smash Rookie
In basic terms tornado is dangerous,and I should see if I can find a way to punish it.I need to use ftilt to shut down a dash approach and I need to find their bad habits and punish those habits,correct?

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Correct. But i'd prioritize just avoiding tornado rather than always trying to punish it. Punish if you can but its always better to be safe than sorry.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Properly used tornado is completely safe. As priorities go trying to punish tornado is a waste and your energy which would be much better spent focusing on walling out his ground game.

As courage said though a huge party is learning to get to the ground safely. mk is a juggle monster that lives on punishing your landing attempts. Make sure to focus on mixing your landings up or you will die so much more.

Edit- the only thing I do to punish predictable tornados is with utilt which is hard to time but cleanly beats it if used properly. biggest problem being that you are making your best kill move stale... It is valuable conditioning if you can pull it off frequently though. Nice to make an mk afraid to tornado.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I didn't read too much on the MK/ddd discussion, but the most dangerous MK's in this matchup are the ones that don't use tornado at all, things actually get way harder to control if they only use nado to cover landings

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Yea a lot of u-airs can knock DDD out of u-b before he can hit them. Plus it's just as easy for them to air dodge and put you in an edge guard situation.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Hi.

I'm teaming with D3 main for my next tournament.

I main Lucario but I was thinking of using these characters.
:wario::snake::metaknight:

Its preferable I avoid using MK but would Wario and Snake work well?

Does Lucario go good with D3 as well? If I go Lucario what's a good strat?

Same with Wario, Snake and MK. How would D3 with teaming with them?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If he jumps, Shield.
If he doesn't, get ready for jabs and grabs.

That's about as far as my experience gets, I haven't played any good Ike.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Thanks. Weell have you played any good foxes? I've always had trouble with that match-up for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVnmhN9gvW8

I found this. I know it's pretty old but this DDD handled this fox pretty well without many waddles and just getting in the fox's face. Is that the optimal way to handle the MU? I've usually taken the patient route rather than the aggressive route.

Top Bottom