• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

BlackSoL

Smash Rookie
Does Sheik have any advanced techniques that would be useful/worth learning? I already know how to DACUS, vanishglide, and jab-cancel.

jau682

Smash Rookie
So I've been working on the DACUS and I'm doing alright claw style, I'm just curious why you can't activate the dash attack with A then the up smash with the C-Stick. Is there some technical reason why it wouldnt work? It seems like it would be much easier.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Meh, I got use to it. Besides, I've always played with tap jump off so I was changing my scheme before.......

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Is "needle stopping" or whatever its called known by the sheiks yet? Ive been playing around with needles and realized you can use them to completely stop your dash momentum and jab/ftilt/whatever right out of it. Its about as fast as Yoshi's Dr.... This probably sounds so scrubby if this was discovered in like '08-'09 or something. xD

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Is "needle stopping" or whatever its called known by the sheiks yet? Ive been playing around with needles and realized you can use them to completely stop your dash momentum and jab/ftilt/whatever right out of it. Its about as fast as Yoshi's Dr.... This probably sounds so scrubby if this was discovered in like '08-'09 or something. xD
Yeah that's known, in fact we have a tech for when it doesn't stop your momentum. It's not really useful though since you have to be running off a ledge or platform to make it work.

I'm going to add a bit more meat to this post.
Try doing full hop fully charged up Needle storms, if your quick enough you be able to double jump before landing.
Needle storm has a big hit box so its easy to catch people out while they are landing as they wont be able to air dodge or shield the whole wave of needles.
You can cancel your tumble(I think it's tumble) with charging needles. Sometimes a good mind game is to get close to the ground while your still tumbling and then start charging needles for a split second before throwing them at your opponent.

edit: Oh you mean Dash into charge needles, canceled, into jab. Ya there was some talk about that... I think frame data proved it wasn't actually helpful, like shielding was faster I think.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yeah that's known, in fact we have a tech for when it doesn't stop your momentum. It's not really useful though since you have to be running off a ledge or platform to make it work.

I'm going to add a bit more meat to this post.
Try doing full hop fully charged up Needle storms, if your quick enough you be able to double jump before landing.
Needle storm has a big hit box so its easy to catch people out while they are landing as they wont be able to air dodge or shield the whole wave of needles.
You can cancel your tumble(I think it's tumble) with charging needles. Sometimes a good mind game is to get close to the ground while your still tumbling and then start charging needles for a split second before throwing them at your opponent.

edit: Oh you mean Dash into charge needles, canceled, into jab. Ya there was some talk about that... I think frame data proved it wasn't actually helpful, like shielding was faster I think.
Ah good to know... and yeah i meant that last part.

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
I currently have two mains, Pikachu and Lucario. I was looking for a third main or a secondary character to use in Brawl. I generally like fast characters that can poke at the enemy or do moderate damage. I know Sheik is the kind of character that I like, it's just I'm wondering if you think that Sheik would be a good main for me. I'm not the best Smash player and I'm still practising daily.

Top Bottom