• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gorillaz Battle 2 - date

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
After the successful first edition of the Gorillaz Battle tournament series in July, we are proud to announce that the Monkeys Unit team will be hosting another edition of Gorillaz Battle in December.

Just like last time, Gorillaz Battle 2 will be a two-day event and sleeping at the venue will be possible.

In order to attract as many foreign players as possible, please tell us when exactly you would like the tournament to be held:

- December 1st/2nd
- December 8th/9th
- December 15th/16th
- December 22nd/23rd
- December 29th/30th

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
There's planning for a Spanish tourney late december, could be any of the 2 last weekends.

but I have exams early december so I'd say any of the last 2 dates and if the tourneys don't clash we will try to go.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
We already have a 32-man tournament in Germany with almost every good player from Germany :3
Shouldve been the week before for germans :S
And one week afterwards BiB4 :/

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
"32 man only"

You make it sound like a small number.
Smashfests here are like 6-8 man MAX ;_;
Well in germany we can fill 32 easily, the smashfest's cap was reached after 2 days (lol), and already 8 people on the waiting list XD

=> http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?19507-Worms-Armageddon-32-Leute-Sicher-confirmed!!!!!!

Just look at that list of confirmed people, this will be soooo hard, I'm sure we will see plenty of upsets x)

Hopefully we will be able to record a lot!

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
It was actually meant to be a 'smaller' sf/tourney so we didn't expect foreigners to attend tbh

e: or did you mean the clash of dates? xD

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
^this!

And if its because of the date... the tourney was just confirmed a week ago without anyone knowing about it before. (Beside the hosts of course)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yes it's about the dates, and a week ago is still 6 full days before the date of GB 2 was decided (yesterday).

So yeah during those 6 days you could have bumped this thread to inform about your lack of disponibility on said date.

Aint even mad, I'm just sad about the ****ty inter-TO communication (see also Marcbri's first post in the tourney thread).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's not like a tourney in Berlin with 32ish people and a regional tourney in Paris are stealing each other's attendance?

:059:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yes it's about the dates, and a week ago is still 6 full days before the date of GB 2 was decided (yesterday).

So yeah during those 6 days you could have bumped this thread to inform about your lack of disponibility on said date.

Aint even mad, I'm just sad about the ****ty inter-TO communication (see also Marcbri's first post in the tourney thread).
tbh I totally forgot about this thread, until it got bumped again... :S
(I think everyone did, as you can tell by looking at the attendance of WA, where other people like quiK and co. also did not post here)

And there were 5 or 6 possible dates for GB2, so, I could also say that you shouldve posted in advance that you are heading for 28.12.

But oh well, I agree that European TOs should be in contact a bit more, I even think that Europe should get their own Back-Room with experienced players & TOs.

But thats just me.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It's easy to set up, but hard to justify if most people stick to their own boards and the only European traffic is either posting results or (large) tournaments.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Well I warned about that tourney in this same thread before, but its not hosted by me and they haven't decided on the date yet, I'll let Arnold know your date so he keeps it as a factor.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I don't see the point of making a back room for TOs if all the information discussed requires community input. It's not like the current threads are being flooded with useless info (except for the character ranking thread, despite Gheb's hopeful ventures to keep it from being spammed with trashtalk).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Agreed.
What we need is an european agenda thread, summer 2011 style.
tbh I totally forgot about this thread, until it got bumped again... :S
(I think everyone did, as you can tell by looking at the attendance of WA, where other people like quiK and co. also did not post here)

And there were 5 or 6 possible dates for GB2, so, I could also say that you shouldve posted in advance that you are heading for 28.12.
Well yeah tbh this is quite a mess.
The truth is Leon should've made it more clear that this thread was important, he should've told that there wasn't any equivalent on the french boards and he made up his decisions mainly on the 3 responses this thread got (he means it when he says "in order to attract foreign players").
There was no "heading" towards anything, I posted the tournament thread asa I got the info.

So yeah, more communication. European agenda thread.

Top Bottom