• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goopey Green Doppelganger- Gooigi support Thread

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Dr. Mario, Metal Mario, Shadow Mario, Tanooki Mario, Cat Mario, with so many Marios you'd think there'd be more Luigis. Well the balance is being adressed with the addition of E Gadd's co-op Simulacra...

Gooigi

LM3GooigiArt.jpg

Differences from Luigi

While Gooigi may look like a rare Luigi blind bag miniature, he's actually got his own characteristics that could make him an interesting Echo Fighter. He's immune to sharp objects and can move through bars and grates with ease, but is damaged by fire and water. Oh, and he has a "G" on his hat instead of an "L", very important that.

How this would manifest in Smash gameplay is up to interpretation but the way I see it, he would have a different neutral special as he can't touch fire, let alone produce it.

Supporters
Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6
Shyy_Guy595 Shyy_Guy595
Sebas22 Sebas22
fogbadge fogbadge
C chocolatejr9
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
Pokelego999 Pokelego999
amazonevan19 amazonevan19
NintenZ NintenZ
Darktheumbreon Darktheumbreon
MooMew64 MooMew64
Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Honestly, though? Gooigi opens up the possibility for a Luigi's Mansion rep (beyond King Boo) that's an easy echo/clone or could actually be unique -- like as a reference to his source material, spikes and blunt attacks do less damage but specials will do normal damage unless they're an elemental which would deal twice the damage. He could have more of a focus on the other features the Poltegust has had over the years, like maybe he can use the elemental medals, perforn the slam attack, utilise the gust as his recovery as well as to perform small damage with decent knockback if used when near opponents, and maybe even take some creative liberties like swing the tube and nose of the vaccuum around for general attacks, the suction being a grab, and the blower being able to shoot balls of air or just simply being a ledgeguarding tool like the F.L.U.D.D.

I'll support our gooey overlord.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be fine as a 100% echo. Just give him some jelly-like movement and animations.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id love this (not before toad) but thus far i love him, he could easily be an echo or be a semi echo with some of the new moves from lm3

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Call me crazy, but I would be perfectly fine if they added Gooigi solely to promote Luigi's Mansion 3 (though if he's an Echo, can he he at least be incredibly cheap, if not completely free?). Add me as a supporter.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Assuming that he can't use Fireball, what with his fire weakness, what would Gooigi's neutral B be?

Firing a plunger (like how Yoshi uses his tongue for both his grab and neutral B ), Or using his vacum the way we all thought Luigi's Brawl moveset would be? Something else perhaps?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Assuming that he can't use Fireball, what with his fire weakness, what would Gooigi's neutral B be?

Firing a plunger (like how Yoshi uses his tongue for both his grab and neutral B ), Or using his vacum the way we all thought Luigi's Brawl moveset would be? Something else perhaps?
perhaps he could use the poultergust's blow function in a similar vain to water gun and fludd

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
perhaps he could use the poultergust's blow function in a similar vain to water gun and fludd
That would probably be a bit overpowered if he could just hold down B and blow people away at the ledge. But if it's just a short blast that you have to time well to use maybe.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Technically, Gooigi is already in Ultimate. He’s been in the whole time.

FFBDAE6B-A2D2-4DE3-8282-65611B3AD669.jpeg

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

That would be a fun hint to it, in another character's trailer or a patch showcase Luigi makes a failed grab at them and we dont' notice in the heat of the moment but the canister is empty...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That would probably be a bit overpowered if he could just hold down B and blow people away at the ledge. But if it's just a short blast that you have to time well to use maybe.
yeah a shorter blast would probably be best otherwise itd be like having a gust bellows on him at all times

huh so he is

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Add me to the list of supporters.

I actually made some Gooigi alt mockups today. Here they are.
Goo1.png
Goo2.png
Goo3.png
Goo4.png
Goo5.png
Goo6.png
Goo7.png

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Add me to the list of supporters.

I actually made some Gooigi alt mockups today. Here they are.
love em, though they are giving me a craving for jelly babies

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I did have some other ideas I could list here... First off, as for properties I think he would be a lightweight, ya know, being made of goo and all. Unlike other lightweights though, his run speed is relatively normal. He has a new down special too, which I'm dubbing the "Gooigi Grit" for now. This let's him take one hit with super armor, as a reference to his ability to be completely unphased by spikes and metal bars. His down smash is the burst. It pushes Gooigi up slightly, and it pushes his foes away a lot. For his neutral special, he shoots a plunger end attached to a stick to his foe. This stays on them for awhile, and makes their grab hurtbox extended.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Dude. Echoes are different. Clones can have different smash attacks and specials and hitboxes and weights, while the most different echoes are are a different up special, a few minor hitbox changes, and different elemental effects. They are different.
not really there is no uniform pattern to echoes, some are as about as different as other clones, some are as different as pichu some are as different as dr mario everyone's always pointing out how different ken is, really the only distinction seems to be whether or not someone's an echo seems to be whether or not the debuted before smash 4

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
not really there is no uniform pattern to echoes, some are as about as different as other clones, some are as different as pichu some are as different as dr mario everyone's always pointing out how different ken is, really the only distinction seems to be whether or not someone's an echo seems to be whether or not the debuted before smash 4
Ken and Chrom i'd say are the most unique. Dark Pit just behind. Everyone else is pretty much what I said previously.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ken and Chrom i'd say are the most unique. Dark Pit just behind. Everyone else is pretty much what I said previously.
pitto is the one of the least different, just two moves, and lucina and chrom's differences change up the gameplay quite a bit so id say theyre ahead of him

Dangthatwasmyapendix

Smash Rookie
I for one support our gooey overlord's entry to smash, I mean think of all the wonderful things it would accomplish:
.You'd be able to play as Gooigi in smash
.We'd get more Luigi's Mansion tracks in the game possibly including Dark Moon's great victory theme, that should of one hundred percent been Luigi's victory theme in Ultimate (I mean if Rosalina gets her own one why not Weegee)
.Seeing Gooigi's classic jiggle physics in inopportune times (no seriously just imagine say in the intro of the final boss fight, an ultimate struggle is taking
place, destroying the universe in the process then this green boy wobbles in to join the fight
.We'd get some Gooigi merch in the form of his inevitable Amiibo
.With DLC characters they just randomly join your party in WoL if you defeat a certain amount of spirits so this would mean Gooigi survived Galeems
onslaught on his own (and he didn't cheat like Kirby)
.It would solidify Gooigi as a multigame character and guarantee him roles in future Mario Spin-offs
.YOU'D BE ABLE TO PLAY AS GOOIGI IN SMASH

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I for one support our gooey overlord's entry to smash, I mean think of all the wonderful things it would accomplish:
.We'd get more Luigi's Mansion tracks in the game possibly including Dark Moon's great victory theme, that should of one hundred percent been Luigi's victory theme in Ultimate (I mean if Rosalina gets her own one why not Weegee)
.Seeing Gooigi's classic jiggle physics in inopportune times (no seriously just imagine say in the intro of the final boss fight, an ultimate struggle is taking
place, destroying the universe in the process then this green boy wobbles in to join the fight
.We'd get some Gooigi merch in the form of his inevitable Amiibo
.With DLC characters they just randomly join your party in WoL if you defeat a certain amount of spirits so this would mean Gooigi survived Galeems
onslaught on his own (and he didn't cheat like Kirby)
.It would solidify Gooigi as a multigame character and guarantee him roles in future Mario Spin-offs
.YOU'D BE ABLE TO PLAY AS GOOIGI IN SMASH
So basically... you'd be able to play as Gooigi in Smash?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I can't lie, I love Gooigi. He would bring more Luigi's Mansion rep to Smash, could be fun with the goo-based mechanics, and in general the character makes me laugh. Even the name is hilarious. Gooigi. I gotta support. Or at least he should be in Mario Kart 9.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well now the direct has confirmed there's more fighters than just those in the pass, it could be a real possibility. A month and three quarters until Luigi's Mansion itself releases so let's see if he gets the echo treatment or the spirit one.

Renjamin

Smash Cadet
Well now the direct has confirmed there's more fighters than just those in the pass, it could be a real possibility. A month and three quarters until Luigi's Mansion itself releases so let's see if he gets the echo treatment or the spirit one.
They need to, currently Peachette is in more games than Gooigi and that's a sin

Renjamin

Smash Cadet
hang on arent they both just in two?
Well, Peachette is already in Mario Kart, so she's already ahead of Gooigi.
Including Upcoming Games Peachette has Smash Ultimate, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Mario Kart Tour
Gooigi has Luigi's Mansion 3DS and Luigi's Mansion 3

The worst part is she's in Mario Kart Tour so she's probably gonna be a regular in spin offs mean while actual characters Like E.gadd, Gooigi and King Boo (If you can't tell I'm a wee bit of a Luigi's Mansion fan) get ignored.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Including Upcoming Games Peachette has Smash Ultimate, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Mario Kart Tour
Gooigi has Luigi's Mansion 3DS and Luigi's Mansion 3

The worst part is she's in Mario Kart Tour so she's probably gonna be a regular in spin offs mean while actual characters Like E.gadd, Gooigi and King Boo (If you can't tell I'm a wee bit of a Luigi's Mansion fan) get ignored.
well shes not really in ultimate its just a small cameo

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Gooigi is one of my most wanted echo fighters. He'd be really dope. Add me to the support list

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not really, no matter the size of the role she's in the game. (Also spirits is a core game mechanic so being one is much more than cameo)
one spirit among more than a thousand, that is dlc and easily missed. look maybe instead we should focus on what separates peachette and gooigi, peachette is a power up character something theyve done before in mario kart and something theyve yet to in smash (cant rue anything out) and itd be dead insulting to the fans to include her over the base character. gooigi on the other hand is his own character who is going to be a vital part of luigi's mansion 3.

also lets face it number of appearances doesnt mean anything other wise toad would have been next in line after peach and bowser

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I legit think Gooigi could be included as an Echo Fighter of Luigi considering how the Nintendo staff has said several times they have plans for him.

Here's what I'm thinking, they could change his weight and make him lighter, as well as his animations which highlight the goo aspect of him, also either make him get damaged in water, or have him totally dissipate in it.

Top Bottom