• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goomba is Tired of Getting Stepped On! Goomba Support Thread

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
So Super Mario Party is out now, and Goomba looks silly as I thought he'd look! Unfortunately wont get the game til the 16th, but for those playing it right now how do you like Goomba? I like the way he holds stuff like hammers and pies and stuff just levitating it next to his body, that makes a good explanation to how he could carry items in Smash Bros.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Even though this would never happen, I would love to see Goomba in Smash. It is one of my favorite designs for an enemy in all of video games and I've always been a huge fan of them. Being slightly more realistic, I would still really enjoy it if Goombella was chosen since she's an actual character.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
YOU GUYS I MADE THIS THREAD BECAUSE I LOVE BOWSERS MINIONS AND THOUGHT GOOMBA WOULD MAKE MOST SENSE TO REPRESENT A COMMON ENEMY, BUT WE GOT FREAKIN PIRANHA PLANT!!! HOW CRAZY IS THAT??? INSTANT MAIN!
You were the first person I thought of when he was revealed!!! My roommate was going through some tough times and Pirahna Plant cheered him up - we are INSTANT fans. What a funny, fun pick! I love playing as Goomba in Mario Party but I love Pirahna Plants just as much! We did it! I'm happy for you and I can't WAIT to play as him - so fun and funny and we cheered hard for Petey!!

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
honestly...? I can't be mad. deep down i wanted this.

of all the minions i was expecting to be playable. Piranha Plant was the one i least expected due to the fact that... well... its a plant. it usually doesn't move around. but LO AND BEHOLD! there it is. and i honestly can't be upset about it cause it's such a wild card, it was something nearly nobody would call, which made it a genuine surprise for the community. I'm actually happy about it, and I'm probably going to try and at least play as it.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I know I said I would be okay with generic Mooks being playable once we got all the important characters out of the way first, but we haven't reached that point yet, and out of all the minions to pick, I don't think I would have put piranha plant very high up on the list.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I know I said I would be okay with generic Mooks being playable once we got all the important characters out of the way first, but we haven't reached that point yet, and out of all the minions to pick, I don't think I would have put piranha plant very high up on the list.
I’d disagree, I think we have plenty of important characters in right now. Sure we don’t have Geno Isaac Banjo Bandana Dee etc., but I think Piranha Plant embodies a really weird WTF spot that just makes it feel more of a surprise than any other ‘important’ character that could get in. But if you don’t agree that’s understandable, we can agree to disagree.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I’d disagree, I think we have plenty of important characters in right now. Sure we don’t have Geno Isaac Banjo Bandana Dee etc., but I think Piranha Plant embodies a really weird WTF spot that just makes it feel more of a surprise than any other ‘important’ character that could get in. But if you don’t agree that’s understandable, we can agree to disagree.
I'm on board with you. Think about it. The Goomba is one of the most iconic baddies of all time. The only one in the Mario series comparable IS the Pirahna Plant. Think about it - EVERYONE knows the Mario 1-2 theme, a level that takes place in a pipe.

Plus honestly this blows things wide open. Anyone can get in. Even generic mooks can get in if they're silly and fun. Sometimes you need characters to make you laugh and smile and the Pirahana Plant is that for me

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
So now that piranha plant is out, I can fully say this is likely a character I’m gonna main. Goomba can rest easy for now, but mayhaps one day he’ll join his plant brother in smash. For all it’s worth, piranha plant is an excellent stand-in for him and I’m just glad one of the many iconic bowser minions made it as a character!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So now that piranha plant is out, I can fully say this is likely a character I’m gonna main. Goomba can rest easy for now, but mayhaps one day he’ll join his plant brother in smash. For all it’s worth, piranha plant is an excellent stand-in for him and I’m just glad one of the many iconic bowser minions made it as a character!
So glad to see you enjoying your new Plant friend. I am too! I love how after seeing how he fits with the roster most everyone understands now the appeal of having such a fun and unusual rep. He puts a real smile on my face.

I know this is the Goomba thread but after Super Mario Party I gotta admit...Monty Mole would be wonderful to have in Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How the hell I didn't know about this thread's existence? I support. Goomba is an iconic Mario enemy like Plant and if the Piranha can get in than so can Goomba too. Plus, it would be funny to see how he would play.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Costumes:

Goomba
Goombario (Paper Mario)
Goombella (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Goombette (Super Mario Odyssey)
Captain Goomba (Mario Party 8)
Gold Goomba (New Super Mario Bros. 2)
Jack O' Goomba (Super Mario Galaxy/2)
Octoomba (Super Mario Galaxy/2)

Galoomba Echo Fighter
If this would be the result of having Goomba then that’s a win win for every Mario fan

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Absoultely support. I feel Goomba would've been a better choice than Piranha Plant as the bonus - good balance of being a funny haha reveal and representation for a legitimate, important part of gaming and Mario history. Plus I'm all for more diverse body shapes like serpentine, quadrupedal, and in this case no hands (not that PP doesn't have a unique shape, but still)

Top Bottom