• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goodbye Sakurai?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
I'm really stumped about this. (And I dug a little to try and see if this topic was addressed already and found no thread) All the previous SSB games have been directed by Masahiro Sakurai, and as a community we love him and everything he's done, but he's gone on record saying he's tired of it, the stress, the commitment, the obligation. And given the release date of the new Smash I'm honestly thinking Sakurai has already left the SSB franchise in someone else's hands. That is if and only if Smash on Switch IS an all new game and NOT a modified port. Because I couldn't see him putting all the effort into Smash 5 directly after finishing Smash 4. The math just doesn't work out. Unless maybe it was his one last big push before retiring.

Anyway i'm just wondering what other people think about this. Should the Smash franchise go on without Sakurai at the helm? Do you also think it's already happened?

D

Deleted member

He already confirmed that he's been working on it on Twitter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We already know he's among the people working on the game. Albeit, we don't know anything beyond that due to a lack of any details.

Thread has been answered, and will now be locked due to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom