• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good tips for Kirby?

jjh2

Smash Rookie
im not the best at him but i usually tend to try and make an opening to get the copy ability. it can give you so many opportunities for new combos, strategies, and ways of beating your opponent. whenever i go against my friend (mario) i always make it a point to get the fireball as fast as i can. after that i can start to zone him out, force him into shield and then just make it easier to grab and start up combos. i also recommend crouching. crouch all the time

Arepa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kirby
3DS FC
4227-3988-2314
Kirby works better with a "bait and punish" mindset, and that's the one I most use. Almost all of his attacks have really decent frame data, allowing you to initiate, extend and end enemy combos easily. his b-air can kill really early in the edges of the stage, too.

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
"Pichu pi pi" I usually just use air attacks with kirby. Maintain your distance from your foe. Use your copy ability only on a worth while opponent with a decent standard b move. Don't be predictable with kirby's stone ability because you will regret it. And whatever you, whenever you kill an opponent TAUNT, Taunt like you've never taunt before!

itsjustoskar

Smash Rookie
NNID
alexxblass
inhale doesn't only work for copying but also knocking out someone. For example, Kirby inhales someone and then they don't copy, but throw it at someone to hit. I believe pressing your Special button (mine is B) will copy, and pressing the attack button will do the technique I just explained, (sorry if you already knew this technique or don't understand me.)

Top Bottom