• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Strats for Beating Cloud?

BunnyWarlord

Smash Rookie
Ok, before I begin, I should clear up the fact that I'm not all that great at smash. As of me posting this, my for glory win rate is 32.63%. I'm trying to get better, so bear with me.

So I think we can, for the most part, come to a consensus on the fact that For Glory Clouds can be real tough to deal with, and it really doesn't help that they're all over the place. Every once in a while I find one that's just straight up terrible at the game, but the chance of that is slim.
Mostly I'm playing Bayo and King Daddledingo, sometimes Mario or Lil' Mac, and I've been experimenting with Yoshi with fairly positive results (for my standards, anyway). However, I encounter many issues taking on cloud. My Mario, Mac and Yoshi just get outspaced, even when I try fireballs and eggs. As Bayo, I have trouble approaching and setting up combos. As King JingleGuy, I try and play it patient and wait for the punish, but I always react a tad bit late, and Cloud's moves just beat mine.

What's the best strategy for fighting Cloud? I don't want to have to change characters, so if you could provide options for each character, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

BunnyWarlord

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Gimp him.
his upb is super unsafe if you're above him.
Try picking up Sheik, Pikachu, DK, Diddy, or Bowser. They all win against him.
Didn't mention Bayo because we don't need another Bayo player clogging up the already horrible online system.

Top Bottom