• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good stages for wolf

KingNinja

Smash Rookie
I haven't been able to find a thread on wolf's stage game. Can somebody please tell me what stages are good and bad stages and why they are. Thank you

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I think Wolf does well on a variety of stages. I think it is very match-up/player preference based however.

For example smaller stages are better for a Wolf if he's rushdown oriented, but larger stages may be better if he prefers to camp out with lasers.

Also typically FD would be a bad stage for Wolf against characters who can chaingrab him effectively.

Overall I think it's good to take these two key points as the main factors in picking a stage. The more knowledge you have about the stage the easier it is to apply a strategy to it. Oh yeah, make sure to take account of the blastzones, probably the 3rd key point I would add.

Cynic

Smash Rookie
Some stages, like Yoshi's Island B and WarioWare, have walls on the sides of the stage going all the way down the screen. Wolf can more easily use these stages to sweetspot his up-b with a well-angled wallride. And if a stage has narrow side blast lines, it can "equalize" a matchup against characters with better recoveries than Wolf's (since anyone hit very far offstage is dead anyway).

Stages where Wolf can be chaingrabbed, like FD, Smashville, and Green Hill Zone are dangerous (although I like GHZ because it has the previous two criteria).

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I think this is entirely based on the player or his/her playstyle. Because I enjoy playing on Norfair as where lots of others would probably hate the stage. I can't think of a whole lot of bad stages for Wolf because of his extremely versatile playstyles. I think his potential worst stage is FoD just because you can get hit through the platforms but that's just me. Green hill, Battlefield, Warioware, both Yoshi stages, really I don't think there are particularly bad stages. Avoid FD if you think you'll get chaingrabbed, if not then it's not a bad stage. Multiple recovery options would be good because Wolf has landing lag off his recoveries so if you have more options you can do some mix up's. Really you should explore and see for yourself, he's got a versatile bag of tricks in the game

Top Bottom