• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good solo daily practice routine for Shulk

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

I'm starting to think that I'm getting better with Shulk, but I now want to start doing a list of things that I should practice daily. I know I already asked this question before in the Q&A boards, but I want to elaborate a lot more. With that said, what are good things that I can practice everyday with Shulk such as the timing of my moves and MALLC? I decided to create this, because I think that this thread might help new Shulk players to improve.

DJ Casca

Smash Cadet
Practice all MALLC timings, short hop, short hop fast-fall, full hop, full hop fast-fall, short hop double jump, etc.

Throw combos and Monado swapping for Jump
Pivot grabs, foxtrotting, combos, and spacing with bair and fair for Speed
Monado swapping and spacing for Shield
Spacing and combos for Buster
Spacing with all your aerials for Smash.

Wavebouncing and b-reversing with Monado Arts

The list goes on, man

Kulty

Smash Ace
Practice all MALLC timings, short hop, short hop fast-fall, full hop, full hop fast-fall, short hop double jump, etc.

Throw combos and Monado swapping for Jump
Pivot grabs, foxtrotting, combos, and spacing with bair and fair for Speed
Monado swapping and spacing for Shield
Spacing and combos for Buster
Spacing with all your aerials for Smash.
I saw a lot of Shulk players switching through Jump after a throw combo. Why do they do that?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Practice your use of Back Slash. It's not the best move for spacing due to it's end lag, but it comes out faster than shulk's other moves that that much range, and the endlag balances it out. Also practice using it for horizontal recovery.
Try testing out combos that you can finish with air slash, it's one of shulk's best combo finishers imo.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Practice your use of Back Slash. It's not the best move for spacing due to it's end lag, but it comes out faster than shulk's other moves that that much range, and the endlag balances it out. Also practice using it for horizontal recovery.
Try testing out combos that you can finish with air slash, it's one of shulk's best combo finishers imo.
What moves do lead into Back Slash? I mainly know that at mid-percents, you can do back-throw to Back Slash as a mix-up or potential tech-chase situation. Is there anything else that can lead into Back Slash?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Just off memory, might not be accurate because I only played shulk for a few months and stopped about 5 months ago, buuuut.....
jabs into back slash, back throw to back slash seems good. Try using a throw, then an aerial or two, and lead into back slash.
for air slash, try experimenting with your up and down throws into air slash.
What really helps is to experiment with combos with the types of monados, something tells me Jump would work with air slash combos.

Top Bottom