• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Secondaries for the King?

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
With K. Rool as my main, I've struggled a lot against fast, aggressive characters (like Pichu and Inkling) and zoning characters (like Ness, the Samuses, Olimar, Isabelle, etc.). K. Rool's body is like a punching bag against characters like these, and I've been trying to find a secondary that can:

A) Not get combo'd so easily
AND/OR
B) Not get walled out so easily, by disjoints or projectiles

Generally a character that can counter some or all of K. Rool's weaknesses. Any suggestions?

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
PICHU is literally what you described
I've definitely been considering Pichu, I just want to know if there's other options out there for a good secondary that compliments K. Rool.

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
I've definitely been considering Pichu, I just want to know if there's other options out there for a good secondary that compliments K. Rool.
wario luigi sonic so on and so forth

hold on wait I you want a zoner still. duck hunt his can comes out on frame 1 so if you get caught in a combo hold b and if they are a frame off boom trade no mare combo

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Chrom is his best and most successful secondary at the moment. Easy to pick up, only need to learn K. Rool's negative MUs, etc.

Top Bottom