• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good secondaries for Pokemon Trainer mains?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I've tried a whole bunch of characters, but so far nothing as really worked for me to complement my Pokemon Trainer.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pokemon Trainer is probably the one character I wouldn't recommend having a secondary for, since they're actually three fighters instead of one and they already complement each other. For instance, Squirtle might struggle to get in on swordfighters but can switch to Ivysaur who can match their range. Charizard struggles with zoners but Squirtle has as easy time dancing around their projectiles. Besides that you're already putting in the work of learning three characters, so learning to play a fourth at a competent level might be overkill.

If I had to pick a character type I struggle against with the trainer though I'd say speedy swordsmen like Chrom or Ridley (an effective swordsmen) give me issues since they can outrange Squirtle and capitilize on Ivy's and Zard's disadvantage states. I don't know if you have similar issues though, and it might just be that I'm bad at playing Squirtle.

Last edited:

BigRedMonster07

Smash Cadet
I recommend Spacies for the sole use of shine.

The thing is, PT is terrible against Projectile users particularly :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:. Therefore the spacies (maybe also game and watch) are good because they have the best reflectors in the game. I second Wolf because that is the spacy I am best at

Top Bottom