• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good S*** Stratford! 130 total entrants, full results up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
6th Pillar Presents

Good **** Stratford

3/19/2011
Ann Arbor, MI

LightniN (1:42:29 AM): so can you make it to MI during spring break?
Teczero8 (1:42:46 AM): I'm gonna ask Brad right now
Teczero8 (1:42:55 AM): maybe we can get something set up

SuperBrad2500 (1:45:01 AM): yeah, you'd definitely be able to hitch a ride back with me
SuperBrad2500 (1:45:03 AM): in march or whenever
SuperBrad2500 (1:45:08 AM): but I won't be going back east haha
Teczero8 (1:45:41 AM): oh yea thats fine
Teczero8 (1:45:46 AM): I'm gonna take the plane back

LightniN (1:46:35 AM): niceeeeeeeeee
Teczero8 (1:46:50 AM): xDDD
Teczero8 (1:47:03 AM): so yea the 19th sounds pretty good actually
LightniN (1:47:19 AM): good **** stratford
Teczero8 (1:48:11 AM): good **** indeed

= = Schedule = =

10:00am - Venue Opens
11:00am - Tournament Registration (bring exact change!)
12:00pm - Melee Doubles Bracket, Brawl Doubles Bracket
1:00pm - Singles Registration closes
2:00pm - Melee Singles Pools, Brawl Singles Pools
5:00pm - Dinner Break (you must finish your pool(s) first!)
6:00pm - Melee Singles Bracket, Brawl Singles Bracket
8:00pm - Smash 64 Singles Registration, Bracket

* Registration will close at 12:00pm for both doubles events and 1:00pm for both singles events. Smash 64 registration will be done separately in the evening.
* Travelers from out west, please note: Michigan runs on EASTERN STANDARD TIME! In case this isn't common sense, you are behind by an hour if you travel here during the morning, so plan accordingly.
* Remember that any DQs handed out due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning you are removed from the entire tournament event.

= = Venue/Parking = =

Melee and Brawl will be held in Mason Hall Rooms 1401 and 1427 (the old SWEET venue) with the two closest doors opened at all times. This will ensure enough space and communication to players who are entering multiple events.

Address:
419 South State St
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

1. Mason Hall Rooms 1401 and 1427 are on the first floor, which is one flight of stairs up. Remember this, because we will NOT attempt to give you directions on the phone or go out and try to find you. It's your responsibility to save/print these maps ahead of time.
2. Drop your TVs off at this temporary parking lot, but do not park permanently in it, I guarantee you'll get ticketed/towed!
3. Park here instead. The Liberty Square parking structure only charges a $2 one-time fee to enter for the entire weekend (Friday 4pm through Sunday night) which is perfect for us.
4. Potbelly
5. Chipotle
6. Panera Bread
7. 7-Eleven
8. Noodles & Co.
9. Jimmy John's

= = Housing = =

Housing is limited but available on both Friday and Saturday nights. Current housing options are:

Friday night:
Moose (5 min walk from venue, room for 3-4) *full*
Aceplayer (5 min walk from venue, room for 1-2) *full*
Juggleguy (10 min drive east of venue, room for 9-10) *full*
Technical_Chase (35 min drive east of venue, room for 5-6)
Xyless (25 min drive east of venue, room for 5-6)
Tr3MoR (45 min drive west of venue, room for 5-6) *tentative*
Junglefever (45 min drive west of venue, room for 5-6) *full*

Saturday night:

Moose (5 min walk from venue, room for 3-4) *full*
Aceplayer (5 min walk from venue, room for 1-2) *full*
Juggleguy (10 min drive east of venue, room for 9-10) *full*
Technical_Chase (35 min drive east of venue, room for 5-6)
Xyless (25 min drive east of venue, room for 5-6)
Tr3MoR (45 min drive west of venue, room for 5-6) *tentative*

Contact these guys through PM on Smashboards for more information.

If you're going for a hotel, the cheapest one I can recommend is the Red Roof Inn on 3505 South State St. It's right off I-94 and only 10 minutes south of the venue, which is literally on the same street. The Red Roof Inn has rooms going for as low as $50/night.

= = Special Promotion = =

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292146

Good **** Stratford and CoT5 have joined forces!

Get ready for some intense Brawl competition, because Michigan and CoT5 are teaming up to bring you a special promotion at GSS! The highest placing Midwest player in Brawl Singles at Good **** Stratford will receive a free CoT5 Combo Pass! This combo pass gives the player free venue, singles, and doubles (their share of the team) for Clash of the Titans 5 on June 25th and 26th in Philadelphia, PA.

A Midwest player is defined as any entrant whose state of residence is in MI, OH, IN, KY, MI, IL, WI, MN, ND, SD, IA, MO, MT, NE, KS, or WY. If two Midwest players tie for the highest placing, then they will play a set to determine the winner. Example: if Lain and Shugo tie for 5th place and 1st through 4th place are not Midwest players, then Lain and Shugo will play a set to determine who wins the pass. Or if Anther gets 2nd place and 1st is a non-Midwest player, then Anther would win the pass. There will be a CoT5 Combo Giveaway in several areas throughout the nation, so everyone has a chance to win it in their home region.

= = Entry Information = =

Venue Fee: $5 per person
Melee Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Melee Singles: $10 per person
Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Brawl Singles: $10 per person
Smash 64 Singles: $5 per person

Bring a full setup to waive your venue fee. This is a full setup:
Melee: TV, Cube, Melee disc, complete memory card
Brawl: TV, Wii, Brawl disc, complete memory card

Prizes for each individual event are distributed from the money pot as follows:

32 or fewer entrants
1st place: 55%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 15%

33 to 48 entrants
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 10%

49 or more entrants
1st place: 45%
2nd place: 20%
3rd place: 12.5%
4th place: 10%
5th place: 7.5%
6th place: 5%

= = Melee Ruleset = =

* 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items OFF
* Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers 4th Round matches (see hybrid bracket below for details on this), Losers Finals, and Grand Finals, which are best-of-5.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned. Wobbling is defined as any continuous Ice Climbers grab combo that does not require throwing (this includes blizzobbling).
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* For Melee Singles only, we will be using the Round Robin Bracket Hybrid format that originally debuted at Who's Got Salt. For more information on the hybrid format, visit:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296648

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

= = Brawl Ruleset = =

* 3 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items are set to "OFF" and "NONE"
* Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals, which are best-of-5.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* In the event of a dispute, higher seeded players have the choice of controller port. If there is a question of who is the higher seed, let the TO decide.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will determine who chooses first, or you may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method to decide this.
* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.
* King Dedede's Standing infinites are banned.
* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned. Extending it via the air is acceptable.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
* In the event of a Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbycide, the player who initiates the action is the winner.
* If a sudden death is initiated by both players dying at the exact same time or a tie in both stock count and percentage, players will have a 1 stock, 3:00 minute game to determine the winner. If this game ends in another tie, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set.
* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
* If there is an action that causes a freeze that doesn't require a game reset, you must hit that player out of stun immediately. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the team that initiated the freeze glitch. (see the diddy teams freeze glitch as an example)
* There will be a 40 ledge grab rule in singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 40 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 40 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.
* There will be a combined 100 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 100 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both teams have over 100 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. The opposing party has EVERY RIGHT TO CALL A JUDGE TO DQ YOU FOR PAUSING MID MATCH TO FIX THIS. I recommend x+y+starting before each match.
* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. We do not care what the reasoning is. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the TV loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.

Stagelist:

Starter (Singles and Doubles)
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick (Singles and Doubles)
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Battleship Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

= = Miscellaneous = =

* Bring EXACT CHANGE to tourney registration! It will save everyone time and a lot of effort on the TO's part.
* Failure to report to your match within 10 minutes of its announcement will result in forfeiture of the first match, and then a complete disqualification from the tournament after another 10 minutes has passed.
* Plank's DQ Rule: Any and all disqualifications that are handed out at the tournament due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning you will be removed from both winners and losers bracket, or removed from the entire event if you're late for pools matches. There are a number of reasons to this, but that is the rule.
* GET HERE ON TIME. If you're late, call a TO and we'll do our best to work something out. Leave a voicemail if you can't get ahold of us, but please call ONLY IF YOU HAVE TO!

Main Melee TO: Juggleguy (Rob)
Cell Phone: 734-945-4702
Email: robharn@umich.edu

Main Melee TO: Junglefever (Travis)
Cell Phone: 248-767-7895
Email: talboyst@msu.edu

Assistant Melee TO: SCOTU (Dan)
Cell Phone: 248-444-6269
Email:

Assistant Melee TO: Dre the Ace (Andre)
Cell Phone: 248-842-9120
Email: dre.the.ace@gmail.com

Pool Monitors: Kail, BloodyJoker

Main Brawl TO: Roller (Brian)
Cell Phone: 908-868-3016
Email: bnorth@umich.edu

Main Brawl TO: Technical_Chase (Derek)
Cell Phone: 248-796-1479
Email:

Assistant Brawl TO: Ori_BRO (Kalle)
Cell Phone: 248-494-0368
Email: kjwanaga@oakland.edu

Assistant Brawl TO: Tutu (Chioke)
Cell Phone: 734-223-3482
Email:

Smash 64 TO: Gio (Gio)
Cell Phone: 248-464-9149
Email: gsantia@umich.edu

= = Attendance = =

East Coast:
Teczero (Melee)
Stratford (Melee)
Crismas (Melee)

Pennsylvania:
Taki
Carroll
SilentSwag
Laudandus

Illinois:
Kels (Melee)
Tink (Melee + 64)
Rat (Melee)
ORLY (Melee) ?
Sveet (Melee)
Oro?! (Melee + Brawl + 64)
Zwarm (Brawl + 64)
MachinegunNorm (Melee + Brawl + 64)
Kain (Brawl)
Kappy (Brawl)
Scythe (Melee + Brawl)
Looshkin (Melee)
Arty (Melee + Brawl)
Quik (Brawl)
DLA (Brawl)
DBD (Brawl)

Indiana:
Little England (Melee)
CunningKitsune (Melee)
Lanceinthepants (Melee)
Jayford (Melee + Brawl)
Composer (Melee + Brawl)
Hilt (Melee + Brawl)
Crash (Brawl)
Squid (Melee + Brawl)
LoZ (Brawl)

Wisconsin:
Sago (Brawl)
SpongeJordan (Brawl)
Red Ryu (Brawl)

Ohio:
Impp (Melee + 64)
KittyMW (Melee)
Klob (Melee)
FlipX (Melee)
Dempt (Melee)
defqon (Melee)
Skyson (Melee + 64)
slartibartfast42 (64)
LookingforAlaska (Melee)

Michigan:
3Chairz (Melee + 64)
Aceplayer (Melee)
apasher (Melee)
AtotheZ (64)
Azure Kenny (Brawl)
BigDaddy (Brawl)
BloodyJoker (Melee)
Boxxy (Brawl)
Brainjack (Melee)
Chad (Melee)
Coco (Brawl) ?
Dablackpacman (Melee)
Dre (Melee + 64)
Duck (Melee + Brawl + 64)
Flame (Brawl)
fZk (Brawl)
Gifts (Brawl)
Gio (Melee + Brawl + 64)
GL (Melee)
Ham (Brawl)
Hellsinglover (Melee)
HIV+ (Melee)
Hot_ArmS (Brawl) ???
Hotel (Melee + 64)
Jimbo Slice (Melee)
Judge (Brawl) ?
Junglefever (Melee + Brawl)
Juggleguy (Melee)
Kail (Melee)
Kalamazhu (Melee)
Kinglit (Melee)
L_Cancel (Brawl)
Lain (Melee + Brawl)
LOE1 (Brawl + 64)
lordhelmet (Brawl)
Mikey Lenetia (Melee + Brawl)
Moose (Melee + 64)
Mr. C (Brawl)
Ori (Brawl)
Tech_Chase (Brawl)
TheMann (Brawl) ?
Toadster (Melee)
Tremor (Melee)
Tutu (Brawl)
Robjoe (Brawl)
Roki (Melee + 64)
Roller (Brawl)
Sam (Melee)
SCOTU (Melee)
Shady (Melee)
Shaeden (Melee)
Soul (Melee)
Sparta Kick (Brawl)
Sumer (Brawl)
SuperTH (Brawl)
Velynn (Melee)
WTP (Brawl)
Yoshi101 (Melee)
Zeldamaster (Melee)
Zhu (Melee)

EVERYONE PLEASE BRING A SETUP OR EXTENSION CORD/POWERSTRIP!

Remember to bring a full setup (TV, Cube/Melee or Wii/Brawl, complete memory card) to waive your $5 venue fee.

Melee Room Setups (goal: 16)
Gio
Junglefever
Juggleguy
Hot ArmS
Kail
ORLY
Scythe
Oro?!
Impp
Sveet
Lance
Aceplayer
Warlock Don
HIV+
SlayerTokey
Stratford
Rye

Melee Room Extensions/Powerstrips (goal: 8)
Dre x2
Junglefever x2
Juggleguy x4
Little England
RyeJew x5

Brawl Room Setups (goal: 12)
Roller
Roller's friend
Tech_Chase
WTP
Ori
Composer
Zwarm
Squid

Brawl Room Extensions/Powerstrips (goal: 8)
Roller x3
Tech_Chase
Tutu

Smash 64 Setups (goal: 3)
Gio
Skyson
MachinegunNorm

Recording Setups
Juggleguy
Tech_Chase
lordhelmet

This is going to be the Smash event of the year in Michigan. We are stepping it up as a state to host our biggest Melee and Brawl tourney in years. And better yet, this time we're being treated with some guests of honor from East Coast! You don't want to miss this.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
THIS IS LITERALLY CALLED GOOD **** STRAFORD LOL

mad

also Rob

Crismas is coming as well

Since they are leaving the next day, any sort of housing for all three of us would be really welcomed.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Cool

cuz we wanna go out =D

also since i already ahve 2 people in my car i can probably only bring one more so EL cars need to step up this time round

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
also Rob

Crismas is coming as well

Since they are leaving the next day, any sort of housing for all three of us would be really welcomed.
Super hype for more EC guests!!

My place is already a guaranteed housing location and can comfortably hold at least 10 people. There will be no shortage of other housing options, too, I'll personally make sure of it.

Roller

Smash Legend
SO. MUCH. HYPE!!!!!!!

I'm 1 block from the venue, but only have a single in a dorm. So I can only house like 2 people who wouldn't mind sleeping on a comfy chair/floor. But that's about it. You would be mad close to the venue though.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ that sounds great, i appreciate it, but I will be with a full car and therefore need somewhere for the rest of my car to sleep (or at least 1 other person to step up the same way you did).

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Dat ****. I'll try to be there, it one of my open weekends to be sure, just gotta keep the car moving and I'll be there with my buddy Robjoe. That's 2 full setups if we make it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Nice. I'll be here. Oh wait I'm a Brawl TO I have to be here lol.

248-796-1479 is my cell btw if you want to add it to the OP.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
My calendar is marked.

i'm gonna need housing for this
Good **** Sveet! And don't worry about housing, it will be plentiful and in large quantities of space. Just gotta confirm with the resident AA smashers first.

Dat ****. I'll try to be there, it one of my open weekends to be sure, just gotta keep the car moving and I'll be there with my buddy Robjoe. That's 2 full setups if we make it.
Sounds great. Hope the drive isn't too bad, West MI always has to travel so much.

Assuming nothing stupid, I am gonna have to go to this.
5th Column in the house!! You should bring Levitas. And convince Bowyer and Ankoku, too, so we don't have to bribe them into attending.

ORLY

Smash Master
Count me in. I will definitely be winning a proper title change this go.

Tec0 will not cheat me again.

Edit: +1 set-up.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
YESSSSSSSSSSS!

I'm so psyched for this trip. LOL @ the title name... xD

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Oh, right. I'm gonna need housing for 2 guys, and seeing if L wants to go, I'll probably be the one picking him and possibly even lordhelmet(if he's free to go) up as I drive by, so that'd be four people. Anyone good for housing up to four people? Want to get my foot in the door now.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
will prob make it to this. fear my melee marth and sheik ;)

I'm offended to be labeled as only a brawl player ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom