• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good luck, Links.

Skler

Smash Master
I think I've attended my last tourny. Just hoping somebody rocks everything with Link for some time. He's a fun character with some big drawbacks, but he's likely the most fun you'll have playing Smash bros.

I had a good run, and I'd tell people my history but it's long and frankly not that interesting (I beat a bunch of really good players in 2007, but then I stopped coming close to winning nationals and started randomly winning games in tournies) so it's up to the future Links to represent the character. You can do better than me, I wasn't even all that good. Heck, I could hardly L-cancel. Just play smart and mess with some heads. You're probably better than me anyways.

Love,
Skler

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'm ditching Melee Link for Project M Link.
Like you said, he's fun but has big drawbacks, why not just play a version of him that's potentially funner AND viable?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm ditching Melee Link for Project M Link.
Like you said, he's fun but has big drawbacks, why not just play a version of him that's potentially funner AND viable?
Because it can be hard enough as it is to find people to play Melee. Try finding a 30+ man tournament for Project M in Texas.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Because it can be hard enough as it is to find people to play Melee. Try finding a 30+ man tournament for Project M in Texas.
I don't care about tournaments, I'll likely never be good enough to make any money, I enter them for fun, but honestly, I have more fun just playing friendlies.
Also I do have a friend in Austin that has Project M smashfests, though I'm usually better than everyone there. We also usually have a PM set-up at UT smash club meetings. It doesn't get the attention that Melee does but I get a decent number of friendlies in every meeting.
After playing PM Link Melee Link just feels so weak. With some better frame data, Melee Link could have been so much more viable.

Dan Goodine

Smash Rookie
Thank alot man, I am constantly practicing my Melee Link, just wanted to know that ive learned alot from you and greatly appreciate what you do for the Link community. I haven't logged in in 2 years, but seeing this thread just begged me to put in my 2 cents. I don't get around to attending tourneys that much and don't really do all that well, but none the less am proud to be a Link main. Thanks. :)

Construct

Smash Journeyman
You will be missed. Your incredibly awesome link guide is the reason I began to play melee at a higher level, and it's still one of my three bookmarks. Best wishes to you in whatever you go on to do in life.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Many of you will never come to appreciate how much of a loss Skler from the Link player pool actually is.

You will be missed <3

Bing

Smash Master
No I think they understand its like 25% of the Decent Link players who attend tournies.

David, Train DRL. He's a link player in the GTA who got solid tech skill for being a new player who doesnt make it out of pools.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
You'll be missed Skler. Its unfortunate that there aren't that many Link players left anymore. I wish to help represent the future Links you had in mind someday. If I do, it may take me a while though since the smash scene where I'm at is small at the moment =/; just wish I could compete in bigger tournies and in bigger cities. Besides that good luck to you in the future Skler.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I decided to try Link vs Falco this weekend just for the hell of it.
One of my friends secondaries Falco but his tech skill is very solid.
At first it was going surprisingly well, but this ended up just being his MU inexperience.
After about 6 friendlies he figured out all my options and cut them off one by one...
Once he got in my face, it was lights out. Particularly when he regenerated, he'd get in face and deny any chance to close in with a nair or throw a bomb, which I figured out are the two best options. And god damn those lasers...

Skler

Smash Master
I was expecting at least one "cool story, bro" response. Kind of surprised it didn't happen!

It's cool that people read my guide and liked it, hope it helped (helps?) you out.

I might still post sometimes, but unless there's a tournament that literally knocks on my door and gives me free entry (TOs, take note!) I probably won't be going to any more. Maybe I'll even make more promises to update my guide while still not doing it (no more free hosting from my school).

For those who would like drama:

My only regret... is never... beating... Kir...b...k..ze...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
David, Train DRL. He's a link player in the GTA who got solid tech skill for being a new player who doesnt make it out of pools.
I'll decide who has "solid tech skill for being a new player" tyvm. :)

Anyway, direct him to the GTA thread and tell him to contact me and when school stops being mean then I'll figure something out I guess.

My only regret is not playing Skler profusely at Pound 4.

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
Well Skler, Im litteraly new in the forum and playing Link competitively and too bad we wont be seen more of you man, good job showing everyone that Link still can beat good people with high tier chars.

I have 2 request and i hope not to take much of ur time with them, 1st can you post a link of your guide please?? when i click the link for your guide says that doesnt exist anymore, 2nd can you please comment on my videos (which are posted on here http://smashboards.com/threads/the-link-video-critique-thread.307117/) and critique them, thanks man :D

Hope to see your Link in Smash 4 or maybe in PM in the future if thats possible, and that everything works out good in life for you man :D

Bigglestheman

Smash Apprentice
Well Skler, Im litteraly new in the forum and playing Link competitively and too bad we wont be seen more of you man, good job showing everyone that Link still can beat good people with high tier chars.

I have 2 request and i hope not to take much of ur time with them, 1st can you post a link of your guide please?? when i click the link for your guide says that doesnt exist anymore, 2nd can you please comment on my videos (which are posted on here http://smashboards.com/threads/the-link-video-critique-thread.307117/) and critique them, thanks man :D

Hope to see your Link in Smash 4 or maybe in PM in the future if thats possible, and that everything works out good in life for you man :D
He was at Apex 2013....:linkmelee:

Skler

Smash Master
Oh retirement thread, how I missed you. I'm planning on making it to more tournies in my area, but it will be super sporadic and I'm really not as good as I used to be.

I did ok at Apex though. Then they never game me by gamecube, game, or memory card back. Hard to play without those things.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I think I've attended my last tourny. Just hoping somebody rocks everything with Link for some time. He's a fun character with some big drawbacks, but he's likely the most fun you'll have playing Smash bros.

I had a good run, and I'd tell people my history but it's long and frankly not that interesting (I beat a bunch of really good players in 2007, but then I stopped coming close to winning nationals and started randomly winning games in tournies) so it's up to the future Links to represent the character. You can do better than me, I wasn't even all that good. Heck, I could hardly L-cancel. Just play smart and mess with some heads. You're probably better than me anyways.

Love,
Skler
Skler read you guide my link wouldn't be half as good without watching your vids and getting advice straight from you. You will be missed good luck with you teaching career.
Many thanks.
CJ

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
i thought Texas was the prime PM region with players like Strong Bad, Lunchables and Sethlon ? Isn't infinity and beyond a texas weekly ?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
i thought Texas was the prime PM region with players like Strong Bad, Lunchables and Sethlon ? Isn't infinity and beyond a texas weekly ?
Yeah, things have changed in 3 years for sure! At the time i posted this, it was still true. We were having about 10 - 18 players a tournament, even with names like Sethlon, Oracle, and Awestin.

Oracle and the Tourney Locator team worked very hard to get the scene where it is today.

Top Bottom