• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good day for a swell battle! - CUPHEAD rolls the dice!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sorry guys, Cuphead has been Mii Costume'd.

But Floral Fury is also coming with the costume!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sorry guys, Cuphead has been Mii Costume'd.

But Floral Fury is also coming with the costume!
Another costume where the head is entirely replaced. Makes one wonder why they didn't do that with, say, Chibi-Robo's.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
The most exciting part of this whole video presentation for me was Cuphead. Congrats to the Cuphead devs.
Byleth wasn't the character we wanted, but it was the character I never knew I needed. Cuphead looks great! My only issue is that they will never run out of mega man variants to keep adding in.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
As for the Megaman variants, that was the last of the original Smash 4 Mii costumes. Only Megaman Zero is left, I think and Starforce.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Cuphead's basically in Smash now, like what happened with Sans. Of course it's not exactly the same as having him without being a full costume, but the costume looks so good it might as well be Cuphead. As someone who regularly plays the Miis I'm pretty hyped, and it makes me wonder what other Mii costumes will get the Sans & Cuphead treatment (proportionally accurate character costumes with free music).

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Cuphead's basically in Smash now, like what happened with Sans. Of course it's not exactly the same as having him without being a full costume, but the costume looks so good it might as well be Cuphead. As someone who regularly plays the Miis I'm pretty hyped, and it makes me wonder what other Mii costumes will get the Sans & Cuphead treatment (proportionally accurate character costumes with free music).
Still waiting for shovel Knights costume, a Hollow knight and hornet swordfighters would be sick and i wouldn't say no to Quote. (let them all come with songs though)

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Still waiting for shovel Knights costume, a Hollow knight and hornet swordfighters would be sick and i wouldn't say no to Quote. (let them all come with songs though)
Yeah there's some pretty good choices for Indie Mii costumes. I've wanted Shovel Knight since Smash 4 so maybe in the future a Mii Swordfighter could be revealed.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That Cuphead costume was such an awesome surprise. I love that they've started doing that, it was amazing with Sans and just as cool with Cuphead! The costume looks basically exact!

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
That Cuphead costume was such an awesome surprise. I love that they've started doing that, it was amazing with Sans and just as cool with Cuphead! The costume looks basically exact!
Next I want a Pokéball Guy from pokémon sword & shield, and for the Heihachi one to return

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Super excited Cuphead costume was announced. I popped off because even though I dont play Mii's and kinda despise them. The Cuphead costume will be the only DLC costume I purchase. I need Floral Fury (though Carnival Kerfuffle would've been better). I will never play online with a Mii but in fun local battles sure what the hell. Lol

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Super excited Cuphead costume was announced. I popped off because even though I dont play Mii's and kinda despise them. The Cuphead costume will be the only DLC costume I purchase. I need Floral Fury (though Carnival Kerfuffle would've been better). I will never play online with a Mii but in fun local battles sure what the hell. Lol
Wait you didn't even buy sans or team rocket? Its the meme crew!

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** I gasped at that reveal. I was expecting absolutely no Cuphead this game so to see him get the Sans treatment saved that direct.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Looks like the boys don't mind it.

Yeah, Cave Story is stuck with one game, which is a death knell for third party inclusions as far as I can see.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Congratulations to all you Cuphead fans. It might not have been the Gold trophy you wanted, but it's still a nice silver.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what other characters get the full Mii mascot treatment.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'll call the Mii Costumes like the Sans and Cuphead, enhanced.

That being said, I wish the results had been flipped. Cuphead reveal and Byleth costume with music track. I did get the book intro right for his reveal.

I like Cuphead, but I like the music even more and it is a shame that it was just limited to Floral Fury. Would Cuphead's stage have been the Cagney Carnation stage then?

I thank that he was at least made a costume and maybe we will get a Cuphead Spirit Event. Maybe he'll be playable in the next Smash. We did have a few SSB4 costumes that had newcomers in Ultimate.

As for further enhanced Mii costumes, I think Shovel Knight is a leading contender. I never played any of the SK games, but I can see a SK costume happening for Swordfighter.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Glad they are happy cuphead got in some way even though it’s the sans treatment

Who knows maybe they get the real cuphead in the next smash bros

Glad we got cuphead in way as a playable

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Ideal special moves for the costume? I'm by no means an expert of the game, have only gotten to the carnival area and just watched a YouTube video of all his moves:
  • Neutral: He does have moves similar to Charge Blast and Grenade Launch (when he's in the plane), but Laser Blaze best replicates his default appearance.
  • Side: His in-game "Charge" move is similar to Stealth Burst, but Gunner Missile could also act as his plane form.
  • Up: Ideally this would act as his air dash, so I'll give it to Arm Rocket.
  • Down: Absorbing Vortex could act as his parry though he does have some moves in-game "close" to Bomb Drop... 50/50 but leaning toward Absorbing Vortex.
At the end of the day I'm going Laser Blaze/Stealth Burst/Arm Rocket/Absorbing Vortex because I've spent too much time on this lol; this is actually a fun way of constructing a moveset for a character who doesn't get in... I'll probably cry when I have to do Geno's lol.

Edit: I ended up scrapping all this and doing Charge Blast/Gunner Missile/Arm Rocket/Bomb Drop because it felt better lol.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Cuphead gets special treatment at least!

His DLC Mii Costume changes the battle in ways other ones don't. If you have it, his spirit and Mugman's feature him! Floral Fury also serves as the musical track if Cuphead's been bought, but this also applies to all the Spirit battles.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Cuphead gets special treatment at least!

His DLC Mii Costume changes the battle in ways other ones don't. If you have it, his spirit and Mugman's feature him! Floral Fury also serves as the musical track if Cuphead's been bought, but this also applies to all the Spirit battles.
That is rather interesting.

Maybe this could apply to another character we know who’s a Mii Costume but treated like he’s part of the roster?

Brazillian Cara

Smash Cadet
Out of curiosity, what are the tracks used in the Spirit battles for those that didn't buy the costume?

Brazillian Cara

Smash Cadet
Cuphead: Final Results-Wii Party U
Mugman: Clu Clu Land
Devil: Flashes of Fear
King Dice: Jungle Level Jazz Style
Just had a listen and man, those fit really well.
As much as I like that the DLC songs can be included in the content, I'm not sure if a single song overriding all the others in the related battles is the best way to go, specially since Spirit battles tend to offer a chance for underutilized (or not utilized at all, as I think is the case with Flashes of Fear) tracks to shine.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Recently played and finished Cuphead last week for the first time ever and I love it! Put me on the support list please or per say let me sign the Devil's contract please.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
hey cuphead fans, i came here to ask a little question since i'm rather curious, the spirits from old spirit events do come back and aren't exclusive recently i was playing spirit board and saw the lotus spirit so i want to ask, has anyone seen the cuphead spirits after the event?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
hey cuphead fans, i came here to ask a little question since i'm rather curious, the spirits from old spirit events do come back and aren't exclusive recently i was playing spirit board and saw the lotus spirit so i want to ask, has anyone seen the cuphead spirits after the event?
They haven't come back yet, but they tend to. Wait a while, and they'll probably return

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
So, no one has seen the cuphead spirits and will they ever come back? i never got them.
Supposedly when the spirit event happens, those spirits in the event will keep popping up and you earn bonus rewards for beating those select spirits. After the event is over those spirits will become really rare and you'll need to keep checking the spirit board until one of them comes up again but they won't give you bonus rewards.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Supposedly when the spirit event happens, those spirits in the event will keep popping up and you earn bonus rewards for beating those select spirits. After the event is over those spirits will become really rare and you'll need to keep checking the spirit board until one of them comes up again but they won't give you bonus rewards.
i see, so far iv'e only seen lotus, kunio, and one of the sword & shield pokemon so i guess i'll have to do that.thank you

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thought y'all might like this.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Top Bottom