• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good counterpicks with Cloud?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Uh no..... I was asking: What characters would Cloud be a good counterpick against?
That's what I'm saying—Cloud does particularly well against the majority of the roster. I'd say that he only struggles against Bayonetta due to his long-lasting hitboxes that Bayonetta can Witch Time. Other than that, he generally goes even with or beats the rest of the characters, which makes him a great counterpick and pocket.

Captain Meta Knight

Smash Rookie
That's what I'm saying—Cloud does particularly well against the majority of the roster. I'd say that he only struggles against Bayonetta due to his long-lasting hitboxes that Bayonetta can Witch Time. Other than that, he generally goes even with or beats the rest of the characters, which makes him a great counterpick and pocket.
What would you say are Bayonetta's worst matchups?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
What would you say are Bayonetta's worst matchups?
Bayonetta is quite strong all-around, but floaties (Jigglypuff, Villager, Mewtwo) tend to do better than average against her because they can break out of her combos easier. Other than that, I'd say your top tiers Sheik and Diddy Kong go even with her and can often beat her.

That isn't to say that if you're a floaty character you are going to win, but it just prevents Bayonetta from combo-ing you to death like she can with most characters. In my personal opinion, Sheik, Diddy, and Mewtwo are your best bets, but I'm no professional so don't take my word for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom