• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good counterpicks to isabelle?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Hello, I am trying to learn the isabelle matchup since all of my mains (ROB, Olimar, and Wolf) I feel don't do very well against her, can anyone recommend a good counterpick?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
judging from he characters in your sig, id say richter or inkling would be decent picks. k rool's good too if youre good at armoring

i personally struggle against young link but that might just be me

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Tough to say right now. When I play as her I struggle against swordies, Falco, Inkling.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
From my experience, fighters with heavy zoning pressure, and good swordies players. You can deny her traps very easily with a sword while stsaying at a relatively safe distance.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
ive found myself struggling against good kirby players

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd argue that Megaman, Young Link, and Pichu are her worst match ups. The first two can outcamp her hard. Pichu is simply a nightmare because of its size and speed, easily avoiding attacks like the slingshot and be one of the characters that can simply run over Lloid rockets.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Fighters without projectiles aren't at a disdvantage. Any swordsmen is a good start, save for hybrid swordsmen like Robin.

USAnyan

Smash Cadet
from what I can tell anyone with pure agression, speed, or big enough disjoints (can) absolutely destroy her.

How aggressive are you with wolf? Because I’m pretty sure reflector essentially forces her to approach which wolf usually can outbeat- or at least beats out most of her biggest attacks.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
from what I can tell anyone with pure agression, speed, or big enough disjoints (can) absolutely destroy her.

How aggressive are you with wolf? Because I’m pretty sure reflector essentially forces her to approach which wolf usually can outbeat- or at least beats out most of her biggest attacks.
Usually once I get her cornered I stay on top of her until she's dead

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I feel Wario is a good counterpick. Isabelle's unique specials (Lloyd and fishing rod) are more geared towards catching the opponent in a bad situation as they try to approach her. Wario benefits from people not attacking him due to his waft building up, so Isabelle is forced to approach him instead. Yes Isabelle has f-air/b-air which can be annoying at times but as long as you shield properly with Wario it isn't too bad. If she tries to spam it on the ledge you can just wait on the other side for your waft to charge. Aside from that, Wario has a great recovery so Isabelle can't pressure him too much offstage and he has considerably better kill power in the form of waft and d-tilt --> dash attack (not to mention Wario is really good in general). The only thing you need to look out for is using the bike as a projectile since she can pocket it.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I feel Wario is a good counterpick. Isabelle's unique specials (Lloyd and fishing rod) are more geared towards catching the opponent in a bad situation as they try to approach her. Wario benefits from people not attacking him due to his waft building up, so Isabelle is forced to approach him instead. Yes Isabelle has f-air/b-air which can be annoying at times but as long as you shield properly with Wario it isn't too bad. If she tries to spam it on the ledge you can just wait on the other side for your waft to charge. Aside from that, Wario has a great recovery so Isabelle can't pressure him too much offstage and he has considerably better kill power in the form of waft and d-tilt --> dash attack (not to mention Wario is really good in general). The only thing you need to look out for is using the bike as a projectile since she can pocket it.
I used to use wario but he is by far my worst main

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
wario also has great air mobility to get around a lot of isabelle's linear or other short ranged moves.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
A thing to note is that Slingshot pellets get beat out by lingering hitboxes due to it's extremely low priority. Wario can use his nair to eat the pellet and hit her with the late hit.

Top Bottom