• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gonna pick up Roy, Any thing I should now?

Vincey_Boi

Smash Apprentice
So, I want to pick up Roy for my new main in melee and I was just curious if there is anything you guys think I should know before I switch to Roy?

D

Deleted member

Know about Roy’s game plan, read the Melee guides on Smashboards. The meta has since outdated stuff but a lot of the 2012 (and even earlier) concepts will still apply

R4ZE

Smash Ace
Know that the path forward is not for the feint of heart. In fact, there are none who have "succeeded" before.

Most people consider Roy a meme character in melee.. So you will often find people upset with you for picking him, either because you pose no challenge at all, or are beating them.. which they will see as being beaten by a character like Pichu- a huge insult.

Also, when trying have a real discussion about options or techniques.. people will just shout memes louder.. and drown out any serious talk of improving roy's meta.

Most people have given up on Roy, and that's the sad truth.

I never will though.

Top Bottom