• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This. And I quoted it twice to emphasis. Not cause my phone glitches the **** up. Totally not that.

Please don’t dig through the thread to bring up prior topics unless it’s absolutely necessary. In this case, it wasn’t necessary.

Dammit...Stupid phone
The only way to drill the point into everyone's head is to repeat it three times lol.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicLink125/status/1102743565254373377

The Camelot Bros are being trained by The Reptile Squad as the next big Smash Duo!

Thought you guys would enjoy this! Wasn’t easy to do. If only I could mod/hack the game, it would have been much easier.
Dude those are some great shots! I've taken plenty of photos so far but Waluigi is only in a few of them. Oh what could have been. They fit so perfectly on the battlefield next to those legends.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Cosplay Updates!

So this week has been tough on me. I wore myself out on Monday as the jacket had a disaster but has been resolved. So I took Tuesday off and last night spent the evening getting the measurements for the jacket's trims and the boning for the jacket sleeves and boots. As well as basting the hem folds to allow me to get the best hem possible. So a lot of prep work!

Tonight I am cutting the boning and starting active work on the boots. The jacket will be left until tomorrow which is a crafting day for me (nothing but crafting all day!) so the jacket should be as far ahead as I can make it. As the next step will be try it on with the armour plate to figure out the lengths of the leather and placement of the strap washers. Isaac's outfit is simple but it has a lot of design work to it.

By the end of the week the Boots and Jacket should be mostly done and the Strap Washers will be in progress so I can finish the Jacket. For now this is where my Jacket is at the moment. It fits very nicely!

53648511_507745279629260_803406038245048320_n.jpg

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Cosplay Updates!

So this week has been tough on me. I wore myself out on Monday as the jacket had a disaster but has been resolved. So I took Tuesday off and last night spent the evening getting the measurements for the jacket's trims and the boning for the jacket sleeves and boots. As well as basting the hem folds to allow me to get the best hem possible. So a lot of prep work!

Tonight I am cutting the boning and starting active work on the boots. The jacket will be left until tomorrow which is a crafting day for me (nothing but crafting all day!) so the jacket should be as far ahead as I can make it. As the next step will be try it on with the armour plate to figure out the lengths of the leather and placement of the strap washers. Isaac's outfit is simple but it has a lot of design work to it.

By the end of the week the Boots and Jacket should be mostly done and the Strap Washers will be in progress so I can finish the Jacket. For now this is where my Jacket is at the moment. It fits very nicely!

View attachment 196712
Hang in there man. Hope everything turns out alright.

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Do we have any major plans to promote Isaac this month? I know we're preparing for a second Golden Sunday in April, but I think a smaller event would be a good lead-in to attract more attention to the event.
Cosplay Updates!

View attachment 196712
It looks like you've done well so far. Just be careful not to burn out.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Do we have any major plans to promote Isaac this month? I know we're preparing for a second Golden Sunday in April, but I think a smaller event would be a good lead-in to attract more attention to the event.

I kinda gave up... Smash Ultimate, the ONE game where Nintendo and Sakurai finally seemed to listen to their Fans, and still we got sidelined. Not only we simply didn't get a spot, no we were hard deconfirmed by beeing trapped an assist, and i think it's not that likely to get out of there until the next sequel, which COULD take 10 years to be released, a point in time where we will have lost a lot of the Momentum we had...
Of course I'll be rioting for GS for a second season of dlc, but for now i don't see how we would benefit from bringing GS to the Spotlight right NOW. Golden Sunday should retain it's value and be celebrated on the nost important days of our beloved Franchise. I don't want us to be hated or beeing taken not seriously as the Waluigi Fanbase sadly is.

If a Sequel or a remake is in the Works it will be in the works already and the have alrwady heard us, camelot has no other project we know about in the works right now, If not.. then i guess camelot is trapped into making sports games forever. Nintendo has heard us already. Loud and Clear. I don't know what else would convince them to revive GS.

I don't want to come off as too pessimistic, i'm still an isaac supporter 100%. But i feel we have done a lot. And i feel the Time for a second golden sunday hasn't come yet.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hang in there man. Hope everything turns out alright.

Everything turned out ay okay! I took a few days of casual cosplay crafting and had a nice blowout of crafting all day and it has been very relaxing! In fact, it went perfectly. The Boots are done and they look FANTASTIC! (photo will come tomorrow morning)

The Jacket is nearing completion too! I have the Trims/Brims (unsure what they are called now) fully pinned to sew the folds and take on the final stretch of the Jacket. There is an upgrade to the jacket in the future but that requires the plate straps. But for now, it is looking HIGHLY positive.

In fact, this might be the Magnum Opus to my cosplaying career. It is looking to be the best Isaac cosplay ever created too!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I just know we can’t stop fighting for Isaac until he gets in smash along with golden sun returning as a franchise. It’s an amazing rpg series that more people need to experience and we aren’t officially out of the running until smash ultimate dlc is all said and done. Heck after that backlash Nintendo of America got from that Isaac assist trophy and all of us golden sun fans fighting harder than we ever have in years, I’m getting optimistic about our chances. Will something come out of it? I don’t know and nobody else, so I say we keep the fight going until nintendo or sakurai himself says they are done. No way am I giving up!

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
How could I more easily promote GS in my school/city?

I've been trying to play as Isaac against people in SSF2 and suggesting Golden Sun to people who ask for new games to play, but my efforts are largely being ignored/overlooked by those who pick the more popular stuff to support instead.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
They said Joker would release no later than April, right? So we should be seeing some DLC new soon.
They will probably tease the next DLC character after Joker's release, maybe even on the same day.

That should give us a good idea of how they're going to handle characters that have yet to be announced.
Hoping Isaac or Elma make the cut.

The good thing about having this much support for Isaac even if he wasn't included this time around is that the chances of him not being playable in the next game are very slim. I think we can all agree that not including Isaac in the next Smash would be very suspect, especially after the 'backlash' when he was an AT.

I hope we get a GS game announcement alongside him as DLC; that's dreaming but it'd be dope.

Holy hell, dude that's basically brand new! That's so good ****ing luck right there.
Yeah, I was surprised at how good the condition was, especially the box.
At £22 for a game this old, it's a steal for sure.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Cosplay Update!

The Boots are fantastic! I did a cosplay test with them and the look totally the part! I will make some socks to ensure it doesn't show any ankle. But through the use of metal and plastic boning and my own pattern design, Isaac's boots are done!

_20190309_111824.JPG

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys, I just received a response letter from Nintendo during the Golden Sun Letter Campaign back in January. I figure I should post it here since I sneaked in a request for Isaac to be in Smash Bros Ultimate. Now it isn't much, but it's cool to get a response. (btw the black marking is to cover up my name and address)

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Whoa, saying they'll share the intent with other department ? Even if they don't that's a big thing.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I just received a response letter from Nintendo during the Golden Sun Letter Campaign back in January. I figure I should post it here since I sneaked in a request for Isaac to be in Smash Bros Ultimate. Now it isn't much, but it's cool to get a response. (btw the black marking is to cover up my name and address)
Hey that is so cool! I am glad someone has gotten an answer back! I hope they noticed the campaign as a whole. If anyone else gets a reply do let us know!

By the way! In the light of Golden Sunday coming soon I wanted some opinion, the first batch of pins I designed should be coming around at the end of this month but I didn't know what is best. Announcing them on the Golden Sunday day (I am also planning on a fanart for the day) or should I post them before so people can buy them and maybe get them before the date? What do you guys think?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Whoa, saying they'll share the intent with other department ? Even if they don't that's a big thing.
Wasn’t that what you guys were looking for though?

Nintendo sometimes sends suggestions from letter like these. I think the Golden Sun Letter Campaign was a good start to help notify that people want to see GS come back (and Isaac in Smash).

You need to keep the momentum up, and soon, Nintendo may seriously consider pushing the series.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like Isaac's and Golden Sun's fanbase as a whole is one of the most dedicated out there and it's great to see our little game become a big part of internet culture over this last year. We took the Isaac Deconfirmation in the best possible way and I'm so proud to be a part of this community.

I do think Nintendo heard us this time. I think we've become the new King K. Rool with what we've done this time around. Let's hope Season 2 happens and that Isaac breaks the Assist Rule.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We took the Isaac Deconfirmation in the best possible way and I'm so proud to be a part of this community.

I do think Nintendo heard us this time. I think we've become the new King K. Rool with what we've done this time around. Let's hope Season 2 happens and that Isaac breaks the Assist Rule.
If Isaac is K. Rool that can only mean Waluigi has become Ridley. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So let me get this straight...

Waluigi = The New :ultridley:
Isaac = The New :ultkrool:

So therefore, Andy becomes the new Isaac by having his franchise's AT reinstated? :confused:

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I still think, that if Isaac makes it in (in Season 2), that for the first time ever, there will be a mechanic where a fighter that's also an AT will not appear in battle if they are already part of the battle.

I just rly hope nintendo is aware of the demand by now.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I still think, that if Isaac makes it in (in Season 2), that for the first time ever, there will be a mechanic where a fighter that's also an AT will not appear in battle if they are already part of the battle.

I just rly hope nintendo is aware of the demand by now.
Some assist trophies are disabled on certain stages proving it's easy for them to just not allow them to appear under certain conditions. Anyway another reminder for the second Golden Sunday coming April 14th, please spread the word

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well Andy’s not the AT, it’d be Saki if anything.
Well lets say the AT is upgraded and it's Andy commanding the Infantry & Tanks. Along with more interesting visual effects.

Smash Lord
Well lets say the AT is upgraded and it's Andy commanding the Infantry & Tanks. Along with more interesting visual effects.
It all depends on whether we'll get additional assist trophies post launch. Persona 5 has a bunch of characters so we'll see if that's on the table when Joker releases.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It all depends on whether we'll get additional assist trophies post launch. Persona 5 has a bunch of characters so we'll see if that's on the table when Joker releases.
Hey man I was thinking Smash 6 but if he gets in via DLC, i'd be stoked lol.

Although being a playable character would be much preferred.

Smash Lord
Episode 3 of the Golden Sun dub is out. Please give it a look and share it
Hey man I was thinking Smash 6 but if he gets in via DLC, i'd be stoked lol.

Although being a playable character would be much preferred.
Lol of course having Andy as playable is always my preference. The lacking Advance Wars representation is pretty disappointing as is

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Episode 3 of the Golden Sun dub is out. Please give it a look and share it

Lol of course having Andy as playable is always my preference. The lacking Advance Wars representation is pretty disappointing as is
Well rest assured, that's my preference as well. To the surprise of no one i'm sure lol.

And nice to a see a new episode in the Golden Sun Dub series. Animation is on point.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Here is a sneak peek on the physical pin just for you guys ;) I won't be posting these on other platforms until I receive them and have designed the backcard but I wanted to show you, specially since you are the group who made me more open with my Golden Sun love. Hope you like it! Lemme know what you think

Attachments

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Here is a sneak peek on the physical pin just for you guys ;) I won't be posting these on other platforms until I receive them and have designed the backcard but I wanted to show you, specially since you are the group who made me more open with my Golden Sun love. Hope you like it! Lemme know what you think
Looks great!

It's purpose is to go on shirts and whatnot, right?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I want one right now. It will be pinned with pride on my Isaac cosplay when I head to MCM

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Well I finally received my letter from Nintendo in the mail today. Here's what it says about Golden Sun:

"You mentioned that you would like to see a new game for the Golden Sun series on our newest console the Nintendo Switch to bring more light back to the series as well as to continue the plot line! I am more than happy to document your suggestion to have this added to the Nintendo Switch so that the other departments here at Nintendo can have access to your suggestions as well."

I like how personal these letter responses are, sure there's the usual copy/paste like the whole, 'We always strive to create...' part that shows up further down in the letter but it's nice to hear them mention similar games to some of your suggestions for you to try out or what they've been playing themselves. My letter also mentions a delay and since we all sent our letters around relatively the same time, I'm pretty hopeful that this means the letter campaign did make an impact.

Also I got a Princess Peach bookmark, like my 3DS is decked out in Princess Peach stickers so I'm pretty stoked about managing to get her at all lol.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well I finally received my letter from Nintendo in the mail today. Here's what it says about Golden Sun:

"You mentioned that you would like to see a new game for the Golden Sun series on our newest console the Nintendo Switch to bring more light back to the series as well as to continue the plot line! I am more than happy to document your suggestion to have this added to the Nintendo Switch so that the other departments here at Nintendo can have access to your suggestions as well."

I like how personal these letter responses are, sure there's the usual copy/paste like the whole, 'We always strive to create...' part that shows up further down in the letter but it's nice to hear them mention similar games to some of your suggestions for you to try out or what they've been playing themselves. My letter also mentions a delay and since we all sent our letters around relatively the same time, I'm pretty hopeful that this means the letter campaign did make an impact.

Also I got a Princess Peach bookmark, like my 3DS is decked out in Princess Peach stickers so I'm pretty stoked about managing to get her at all lol.
Does anyone else find it weird that they're specifically mentioning passing on the suggestions? It could just be due to the coordinated letter campaign, but wouldn't it be nice if it meant something going on behind the scenes?

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Very cool! Wish I had one to rep at PAX East later this month, but at the moment I'm just glad it's becoming a reality.

By the way, the State of Switch 2019 survey with over 15k responses just released their results yesterday: here's a link to the article. Notably, it looks like over 500 respondents said that Golden Sun is the Nintendo franchise they most want to see on the Switch, and while there are seven other franchises ahead of it, even the best performer, F-Zero, only got a little under 1300 votes. Also I'm apparently the only respondent who got their Switch by winning one from a Frito-Lay giveaway (seriously), so to my chip-loving, already-Switch-owning younger brother, thanks again?

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Does anyone else find it weird that they're specifically mentioning passing on the suggestions? It could just be due to the coordinated letter campaign, but wouldn't it be nice if it meant something going on behind the scenes?
From a general perspective we know Nintendo has likely received a couple letters over the years that also expressed their wishes for the Golden Sun series to return, which I could see also received the 'passing on suggestions' response. Which of course likely wouldn't be much sway on it's own with a few fans. Yet to go from only receiving a few of those letters every once in a while to suddenly getting a wave of letters specifically wanting Golden Sun's return in a span of a few days/week certainly feels like something noteworthy that'd catch Nintendo's attention a bit more and maybe actually give it some consideration. Of course I could just be getting too ahead of myself.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
That's PR answer. Nobody knows if it's true or not. But it's still better than the answer I got from Nintendo France, basically "Japan creates games, we can do nothing".

Like I previously said, I would have prefer the sun alone without the little spell icons.

By the way, the State of Switch 2019 survey with over 15k responses just released their results yesterday: here's a link to the article. Notably, it looks like over 500 respondents said that Golden Sun is the Nintendo franchise they most want to see on the Switch, and while there are seven other franchises ahead of it, even the best performer, F-Zero, only got a little under 1300 votes.
*welsh cat accent* Not bad! Not bad at all!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Cosplay Update!

The Jacket is now done and looks great along with the undershirt! To think I only started machine sewing four months ago!

(Excuse the moody human. It was 8:15am here)

Up next is the Belt and Weapon Harness! The leather is already cut and ready to sew! After the manic jacket, this should be a nice cooldown period.

Thanks for the support so far Adepts! You have really got me through this!

D1cjbazWsAEUAB7.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom