• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ZelDan

Smash Master
I use stat boosting items all the time in RPGs.

Can't tell you how many times I nutted playing Octopath Traveler.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Both of the Limited Editions I have on the way are coming today! (one of them is for my boyfriend not me lol)

Guys I need to know, are there any known methods to unlocking Mii Swordfighter really quickly?

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Both of the Limited Editions I have on the way are coming today! (one of them is for my boyfriend not me lol)

Guys I need to know, are there any known methods to unlocking Mii Swordfighter really quickly?
From what I heard you can just create them. Apparently they don't count towards goals that requires you to unlock a certain number of character as well.

D

Deleted member

I just finished making my Mii for the Isaac costume. I hope to unlock the costume early so I can compare it with others for authenticity purposes.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Looks like the JP fans already got things started. Reminder to share the love with Golden Sun content after the game launches and to show your desire for having Isaac as a fighter on the side. Nintendo is paying close attention to social media during this time so it's a perfect oppurtunity for us to make a move in a clever manner

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Looks like the JP fans already got things started. Reminder to share the love with Golden Sun content after the game launches and to show your desire for having Isaac as a fighter on the side. Nintendo is paying close attention to social media during this time so it's a perfect oppurtunity for us to make a move in a clever manner
That's great to see the support showing up already in Japan itself.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Yeah if we could get Isaac to be huge in Japan that would be awesome, and probably would make him nigh impossible to ignore.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Gosh! As I look at that pic of Isaac, he just belongs in the fighter roster. Not as an AT. One day, Isaac. One day...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
PSA: Mii Fighters are playable online! YES! Isaac shall be known to all!
(Forgot source. Will find it soon)

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Not reading latests pages just in case. But guys remember NOT to spoil the game. Please.
Thanks.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Really though, stat boosters are wholly unnecessary items in most RPGs.
I still suck at RPGs for many other reasons.

I got a copy of the game! (Actually 2, one’s for a friend). Thank God for living in a country founded by smugglers.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
The circle is now complete. I will proudly attend the midnight launch of ultimate wearing this! :D
6FF3F1EF-C93B-4F40-903C-8FF6782281C6.jpeg
78395669-44CC-4E5A-A3CB-E9C0B7B44E88.jpeg

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
It would be nice if you showed us a pic of you wearing it (with your face censored or from the neck down for privacy reasons).
I will. And I will be holding this at the launch too. I’m open to any suggestions on what I could add to it!
6554C397-B839-4421-B9CC-401A83C7DBA3.jpeg

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Y'know what, Sakurai? You're forgiven. I wasn't sure what you could pull out to make up for adding Piranha Plant and not Isaac, but turns out you had something crazy up your sleeve after all. My brother and I were half-hoping we'd get a Smash reveal out of the Game Awards, but Joker...honestly, that rivals even the "Everyone Is Here!" trailer for the sheer hype we just had. A huge win for JRPG fans, and while I'm still sad Golden Sun in particular remains on the sidelines, as someone who deeply loves Persona 5, I can't help but be extremely excited.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
With Joker from Persona 5 getting added FIRST...I think the DLC will be all hype 3rd parties for Wave 1!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I wasn’t expecting much with the first DLC character and I’m still disappointed. *sigh*

Happy for those who wanted him though.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I am absolutely ecstatic!

Persona is one of my favorite franchises and seeing Joker was so awesome!

ZelDan

Smash Master
Only SMT game I played was the fourth game on 3DS. Never played a Persona game.

This first DLC does nothing for me. Only thing that makes this maybe interesting is if we get Persona 5 on Switch, giving me a chance to check it out.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Okay okay, I’m SO hyped right now! I loved Persona 5 to death but I never even thought about dreaming for him because I thought it would NEVER happen in a billion years. I guess I NEVER SAW IT COMIIIIIING!!!

Glad to see they’re starting it off with a bang! IM SO HYPE AAAAAAAAAAHHH

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
That reveal really hyped me up for some reason.
Maybe because Labrys is also a Persona character. Even getting a spirit of her would be like a dream. Like it'd be unbelievable.

This just goes to show that the DLC is looking to maybe branch out even further in terms of series; you can look at that in two ways, honestly. Wether they wanna get more 3rd parties or just more series in general, which might give Isaac a bit of an edge.

But not to take away from Joker; man, what a reveal. I might play my first non-fighting Persona game.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Seems like the opinions of the reveal are mixed here.

Unfortunately, Joker doesn't do anything for me. Not a character or series I have any interest in. It hurts to see so many third parties when a lot of first party franchises are left out in the cold.

And every time they say "Everyone is Here!" or "Everyone is in this game!" I just think...not everyone...not Isaac...( or Andy or Lyn lol)

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I loved playing the P5 series... but honestly I can't say that I'm very excited with Joker's inclusion in smash. Especially given Reggie's statement about the DLC characters being choices that "you won't expect" it just all seemed so underwhelming.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Doesn't Joker's inclusion kind of take a massive dump on some of the biggest insiders and "leaks?" If so that's probably the most exciting thing to come with this DLC reveal.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't Joker's inclusion kind of take a massive dump on some of the biggest insiders and "leaks?" If so that's probably the most exciting thing to come with this DLC reveal.
Yeah, they never seen it coming :p

Edit: Okay...I'll leave....

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Nintendo characters in a Nintendo game? Nonsense.

Well, this further confirms that I won't be buying Ultimate first hand (and it'll take some time before I find a used copy for cheap), and I most likely won't buy the Wave 1 DLC at all.
This game is 99% going in the exact way I don't want it to go, at this point it's amazing, Nintendo and Sakurai would make a game to annoy me on purpose, they wouldn't nail it as good as he is now. That's a feat in itself.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Hot damn! A big win for JRPG fans. I think Lloyd is a shoo-in as well.

And this means we'll most likely get Persona 4 music as well! I think the P4 soundtrack and cast was leagues above P5 personally, even if P5 had better gameplay and story.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Okay okay, I’m SO hyped right now! I loved Persona 5 to death but I never even thought about dreaming for him because I thought it would NEVER happen in a billion years. I guess I NEVER SAW IT COMIIIIIING!!!

Glad to see they’re starting it off with a bang! IM SO HYPE AAAAAAAAAAHHH
I didn't think so either but I guess they're using Cloud logic here.

SMT has a long Nintendo history and Joker is essentially the most marketable character from it even if his own game isn't on Nintendo.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Nintendo characters in a Nintendo game? Nonsense.

Well, this further confirms that I won't be buying Ultimate first hand (and it'll take some time before I find a used copy for cheap), and I most likely won't buy the Wave 1 DLC at all.
This game is 99% going in the exact way I don't want it to go, at this point it's amazing, Nintendo and Sakurai would make a game to annoy me on purpose, they wouldn't nail it as good as he is now. That's a feat in itself.
I feel you. I already ordered the game and am gonna get it tomorrow, but this reveal is actually making me less excited to open it up and play it right away. It feels like they just put another nail in the coffin when there was already one in there, kickin' a man while he's down so to speak. There's a part of me that really wants to have every character, but it's hard for me to put money into characters that I just have no interest in. Still 4 characters left, but if I had to decide right now I'd say I'm not buying DLC for this game.

This is one thing that we can salvage. But the Square rep and Steve could both still happen.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
At last Atlus gets its recognition finally! They have been on the sidelines fighting the JRPG fight longer than Golden Sun. I am thrilled!

It is obviously the Cloud logic here and does blow one heck of a dent into any leaker now. There is NO WAY this would not have been talked about on the design flaw with the rest of the roster. It is too big.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Hey, sorry I don't talk here much but figured I might as well say this much, golden sun would technically be considered a new franchise for smash so there's somehope if they ever do an assist trophy upgrade :)

Personally regarding joker it's not the character that makes me upset it's the company, Atlus games. Atlus has been pushing an active anti-lgbtq+ agenda in almost all their games and apparently in their company practices too, and them getting more big support and stuff just makes me feel sick. I know Nintendo's hand's aren't completely clean when it comes to this stuff but Atlus has been really active with this hateful and discriminatory **** unlike the big N. So yeah, not really looking forward to that. May pick up the fighter pass still if the other dlc characters interest me since it's more convenient and I guess it be nice to have the full game content just to say I have the complete game but I probably even then won't play joker much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom