• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
How quickly can we spread the word that GS fans should not forget about Isaac's cause?
Our two Twitter accounts, Isaac's Allies Adepts and The Sun Rises Again are good steps in the right direction to keep us informed with goals and what to do with keeping Isaac and Golden Sun in everyone's mind even after Smash Ultimate releases.

There's of course just general talking and bringing up Isaac and Golden Sun at every opportunity especially since there are fans that are trying to tell GS fans to be grateful and stop being jerks or whatever. I always make sure to interject and tell them that we will continue to support Isaac and Golden Sun until the series returns, being the quiet one's hasn't gotten us anywhere.

Also a top player on Twitter asked who our day 1 main would be and I managed to slip in Isaac's name still as I know they have almost 40k followers lol.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
It's been awhile since I posted here. That Mii costume looks really amazing and it's the closest thing to a playable Isaac we're gonna get. How is everybody here? It's good to see some high spirits here again.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
74C580EB-2B7C-454C-B504-B39642E4F6CC.jpeg

One last teaser before tomorrow! The Smash Midnight Release Tournament is going to get some Golden Sun love one way or another!

It's been awhile since I posted here. That Mii costume looks really amazing and it's the closest thing to a playable Isaac we're gonna get. How is everybody here? It's good to see some high spirits here again.
Hey BravadoMan_13 BravadoMan_13 ! We’ve been holding up well! We’ve decided to keep pushing for Isaac in Smash DLC (and Smash 6) regardless of his chances, but more importantly get Nintendo and Camelot to bring Golden Sun back. It’s time to stop being the quiet fanbase as it has gotten us nowhere. The more we keep Isaac/GS relevant, the better.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
So Smash is coming out in a few days. I doubt many of us will frequent smashboards as often with the game being out. Is there a # or a specific name we could use as a name tag (during online battles) to draw more attention to Golden Sun? It would stand out more if we all use the same name or #.
Maybe GSSB (Golden Sun Smash Bros/Boards) or OGS/OPGS (Operation Golden Sunrise).

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
A friend bought a hacked Switch online and downloaded the game early, so I played it this past weekend. The game is pretty fun, though getting a feel for it in a single afternoon with 8+ other people is impossible.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Getting ready to smash, if you know what I mean.

You guys watching the VGAs?
I will be, on the off chance my Banjo DLC prediction is right. Even then, I expect a Metroid Prime Triology Switch announcement, so seeing that'll be hype. I'll need something other than homework to keep me occupied before midnight.

(Also, Hestia is Bestia. DanMachi was such a great show that I should probably rewatch, if not for my massive backlog of anime to watch. *sigh*)

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
8098273C-D7A0-4BDC-ACAA-D2392875B4EA.jpeg

I will fight for these two until the very end. Please descend upon us tomorrow night Geno! I miss you!

ZelDan

Smash Master
If I watch the VGAs, there better be an awesome announcement(s) from Nintendo (or any other gaming company), to make up for the inevitable cringe I'll have to endure.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I might as well - It could be a nice reprieve from Smash Ultimate (Which will be out in my timezone by then), and I'm curious to see if there's going to be any sort of Metroid announcement of some kind. Metroid, Bayonetta 3 gameplay and Mortal Kombat XI are my top three predictions going into the show, but I might hold onto the glimmer of hope we see some sort of Smash Bros announcement beyond say Piranha Plant getting an official release date. Of course, the ultimate dream would be Isaac making the cut and defying everyone's expectations; He'd be playable and an Assist Trophy, but who knows if that law is ever going to be broken. But on a related topic, I'll definitely be using that Isaac icon for online, as well as the Mii Costume to show that I'm still going to keep fighting for Isaac becoming playable one day.

In the meantime, I'm just going to be trying to finish Super Metroid for the backlog and to get me ready for a possible announcement tomorrow.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Well, I am pretty slammed with work rn so I'll probably just leave the stream on while I'm working and check it periodically.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Getting ready to smash, if you know what I mean.

Hehehe. Lucky. :smirk:

A Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Switch would be awesome! I’ve always wanted to get it on my Wii U but my complaint was that motion controls were required. I hope that will be an option instead for the Switch.

Banjo or Geno would be hype for DLC because I have convinced myself that, unless AT promotions are among it (Isaac), the DLC will consist of terrible choices.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
What? But a Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch would be extremely hype. Loads of people haven't gotten the chance to play the Prime games, let alone in HD.
I don't find rereleases of games I've already played that exciting especially since it was on both the Wii and Wii U

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I'm not as interested as last year (because the GOTY candidates this year aren't as interesting for me), the only thing I'm looking forward about this year's VGA is the Nintendo announcements but I'll just wait for them to be uploaded to YouTube.
If we get the first Fighter Pass character announced, I'm expecting Sylux, but if it is from Square I'm expecting someone from Dragon Quest at this point.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Banjo or Geno would be hype for DLC because I have convinced myself that, unless AT promotions are among it (Isaac), the DLC will consist of terrible choices.
Yeah I'm kinda in a spot like that where I expect some bland picks.

But if there are really no AT promotions, then out of the characters people are saying have high chances I'd like Lloyd Irving. I am at a point now where I am generally content with the amount of Mother content we have, so I'm not really pushing hard for him, but I would enjoy Porky if he got in.

Banjo and Geno would be pretty hype as well, although more for the fanbase's sake rather than my own personal likelist.

It is kinda sad that if there are no AT promotions and Advance Wars stays dead, then I'll probably be going another game without any of my top 3: Isaac, Andy, and Lyn.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Maybe GSSB (Golden Sun Smash Bros/Boards) or OGS/OPGS (Operation Golden Sunrise).
I'd say it's best to keep the simple and very clear #Isaac4Smash / #IsaacForSmash (tbh I never understood why "4" was kept since it was made for Smash 4).
I don't know if there's a limitation on the number of letters you can have though. If so, it's gonna be hard to make it clear what we represent.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
That version was the Wii version, kinda like VC. Not exactly what everyone wanted. It didn't even support the Wii U gamepad iirc.
That really doesn't matter. It's still on the console. And either way I still would find a rerelease announcement really lame. There's plenty of time in general directs for filler announcements like that.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I'd say it's best to keep the simple and very clear #Isaac4Smash / #IsaacForSmash (tbh I never understood why "4" was kept since it was made for Smash 4).
I don't know if there's a limitation on the number of letters you can have though. If so, it's gonna be hard to make it clear what we represent.
That's a good reason but some people would like to keep their regular tag along with the campaign one.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
That really doesn't matter. It's still on the console. And either way I still would find a rerelease announcement really lame. There's plenty of time in general directs for filler announcements like that.
The reason I'm personally excited for a potential Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch announcement is because I never played on Wii/Wii U, and with the rumors of it coming to Switch, I'd like to play it on the newest console. I just don't feel like putting money into my Wii U, which is the same reason I haven't gotten Golden Sun or TLA on Wii U VC. If I'm going to play those, I'll get a DS Lite and play the OFG cartridge, or wait until a Golden Sun remake is announced. But I understand it's not all that exciting of an announcement to some. I'd be pretty disappointed if it was like New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe or whatever (like if that was the announcement, and it hadn't already been announced).

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Guys...

F516E5F2-999B-48F1-8D2C-2AAF995C5F4E.jpeg

Before any potential announcement of any kind, I need all of you to eat some pepper for good luck. No I’m not insane, this will totally work. Our luck stat just isn’t high enough.

Last edited:

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
Guys...

View attachment 181735

Before any potential announcement of any kind, I need all of you to eat some pepper for good luck. No I’m not insane, this will totally work. Our luck stat just isn’t high enough.
So the lucky pepper is not, like, a chili or something, but a bottle of spice? And they just eat that?

The stat-boosting items are weird. Cookies boost PP, so are all adepts diabetic?

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Guys...

View attachment 181735

Pass that down over here, I'm gonna need some of it,
for this week as a whole.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
So the lucky pepper is not, like, a chili or something, but a bottle of spice? And they just eat that?

The stat-boosting items are weird. Cookies boost PP, so are all adepts diabetic?
If only cookie clicker was in Golden Sun.

Sidenote, am I the only one that finds every stat boosting items in both games but never actually use them?

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Sidenote, am I the only one that finds every stat boosting items in both games but never actually use them?
I usually use them, but in my most recent playthrough of GS1 I intentionally left them unused so that if I transferred the data over to TLA sometime I could decide who to use them on then.

In my very first playthrough, I used them all on Isaac because why not lol. I wasn't really looking to optimize anything for a first playthrough.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Guys...

View attachment 181735

So you're telling me that even after collecting so many 4 and 5 leaf clovers under one hour once, my luck stat is still not enough? Man, improving the luck stat is so hard...

Last edited:
Top Bottom