• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Did Billybo leave this thread or something?

If he was still here, we could have used him to spread the message further...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Man, there's nothing greater than Isaac. I feel truly blessed to be a fan of this awesome character.

(yes this is totally random, but what a feel-good thought)

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Did Billybo leave this thread or something?

If he was still here, we could have used him to spread the message further...
Its weird how he went from optimistic for Isaac could end up being DLC to thinking all assists and field spirits are hard deconfirmations.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wish people would stop drinking the Kool-Aid of JPEGs affecting anything, otherwise overall support for characters will drop even faster than during 4's DLC cycle.

Although nothing can be done with ATs in the same game, that point I won't deny.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Still not convinced Spirits or Assists are hard deconfirms, but I'm also not convinced that they'd get upgraded until a second wave. I'm still a believer in Isaac's Wave 1 chances, but I think they get better if we get a Wave 2. I personally think the only thing keeping a character out of Smash is Sakurai, previously existing Assists be dammed. If Sakurai decides a character will be playable, that character will become playable, and that's all there is to it. (Obviously it's a little different with third-parties, given all the legal mumbo-jumbo, but my point stands.)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I like to believe in this idea that Nintendo agents push the "spirits disconfirm" idea to help Reggie's statement that DLC would be unexpected.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Apparently there's an Irish racehorse called "Golden Sunrise". Just something I discovered today.

The horse came third in it's race though, not exactly a sign. :p

Edit: By the way, have you guys heard about the Assist Alliance? It seems to be gaining traction on Twitter right now. I'm all for promoting the idea of assist trophies being made playable though I hope people don't go overboard making demands.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Apparently there's an Irish racehorse called "Golden Sunrise". Just something I discovered today.

The horse came third in it's race though, not exactly a sign. :p

Edit: By the way, have you guys heard about the Assist Alliance? It seems to be gaining traction on Twitter right now. I'm all for promoting the idea of assist trophies being made playable though I hope people don't go overboard making demands.
Well Isaac has been an assist two times, so maybe third time's the charm lol.

You know if this assist alliance picks up so much traction that Nintendo then makes the theme of wave 2 assist trophy promotions, boy what a time to be alive!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well Isaac has been an assist two times, so maybe third time's the charm lol.

You know if this assist alliance picks up so much traction that Nintendo then makes the theme of wave 2 assist trophy promotions, boy what a time to be alive!
I'm not sure how effective this will be....it's kinda hard to imagine an entire wave of assist trophy promotions but it would certainly be awesome to see it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Its weird how he went from optimistic for Isaac could end up being DLC to thinking all assists and field spirits are hard deconfirmations.
It's hard to believe in your most wanted character getting in the roster when they get confirmed as a Assist Trophy or as a Mii costume. I felt the same way when K. Rool was confirmed as a Mii costume in the last game and it broke my faith in him ever getting in after seeing that. Ultimate totally gave me back my faith in miracles happening in Smash when Ridley and K. Rool finally got confirmed.

So you guys should keep on believing and never giving up until you get your golden boy. Don't listen to all of these unconfirmed rules fans make up like:

1. If your character is a Assist Trophy, they can't be DLC.

2. If your character is a Mii costume, they can't be DLC.

3. If your character is a spirit, they can't be DLC.

Until Sakurai says anything about those subjects, you should ignore what ever fan rules people throw at y'all.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's hard to believe in your most wanted character getting in the roster when they get confirmed as a Assist Trophy or as a Mii costume. I felt the same way when K. Rool was confirmed as a Mii costume in the last game and it broke my faith in him ever getting in after seeing that. Ultimate totally gave me back my faith in miracles happening in Smash when Ridley and K. Rool finally got confirmed.

So you guys should keep on believing and never giving up until you get your golden boy. Don't listen to all of these unconfirmed rules fans make up like:

1. If your character is a Assist Trophy, they can't be DLC.

2. If your character is a Mii costume, they can't be DLC.

3. If your character is a spirit, they can't be DLC.

Until Sakurai says anything about those subjects, you should ignore what ever fan rules people throw at y'all.
I don't really understand why people would give up on Isaac at this point.

We've never got as much Golden Sun and Isaac content as we got this time around. Now's the time to be pushing for Isaac and Golden Sun.....not a couple years down the line when the next Smash game gets announced long after Sakurai has already decided what the roster will be.

I'm not optimistic for Isaac but we have more going for us than we've had in a while. (even if it doesn't seem like it) We know Sakurai is aware of us and we know that we made an impact on the ballot so that's why I think it's super important that we keep championing Isaac for Smash. Whether that means this game or the next, nothing changes.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't here when Isaac was discomfirmed, mostly because i knew the reaction would be negative (for the right reasons), but i just came here to say that im happy to see this thread hasn't quite died out yet. Even if i see Isaac as a pipedream at this point for any future installments, i so did with Simon.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I could see spirits being deconfirmations as far as the fighters pass in concerned; there are a plethora of third party characters they could choose from if that's the direction they are going in. For all I know spirits might not deconfirm even for the fighters pass, but I wouldn't disregard the possibility at the very least. I'd wait and see what the next DLC character or two are before making any definitive judgements.

As for DLC outside of the fighters pass, I could see spirits and maybe even assist trophies being fair game, but we'll see I suppose.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I wasn't here when Isaac was discomfirmed, mostly because i knew the reaction would be negative (for the right reasons), but i just came here to say that im happy to see this thread hasn't quite died out yet. Even if i see Isaac as a pipedream at this point for any future installments, i so did with Simon.
You know actually I feel like the thread was way more negative after Isabelle's reveal than Isaac's deconfirmation. Mainly cause we were still in the peak of speculation so there were plenty of people being more active in the thread at the time, to voice their dissatisfaction. Whereas when it came for the final direct, it's like, welp Isaac's an assist, it's been fun folks, peace! Whether there was no point to come back, or dreading the negativity, or returning back to the deep abyss. The thread pretty much went empty aside from a good few. So it didn't come off too crazy in my opinion.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know actually I feel like the thread was way more negative after Isabelle's reveal than Isaac's deconfirmation. Mainly cause we were still in the peak of speculation so there were plenty of people being more active in the thread at the time, to voice their dissatisfaction. Whereas when it came for the final direct, it's like, welp Isaac's an assist, it's been fun folks, peace! Whether there was no point to come back, or dreading the negativity, or returning back to the deep abyss. The thread pretty much went empty aside from a good few. So it didn't come off too crazy in my opinion.
I find it best to lay low in the thread of whoever got in while waiting for things to quiet down.

I could see spirits being deconfirmations as far as the fighters pass in concerned; there are a plethora of third party characters they could choose from if that's the direction they are going in. For all I know spirits might not deconfirm even for the fighters pass, but I wouldn't disregard the possibility at the very least. I'd wait and see what the next DLC character or two are before making any definitive judgements.

As for DLC outside of the fighters pass, I could see spirits and maybe even assist trophies being fair game, but we'll see I suppose.
Seems fair. Besides, we can't discount the possibility of miscellaneous DLC.

In regards to third parties for the pass, I can see them include one Western one at most to test the waters. Licensing two from different companies would be a bit of a hassle, if there ends up being diminishing returns for it, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I understand him though, it was a very rough moment for all and we don't know how it rolled for a more public person like him so it is hard to be optimistic.

That being said, I remain optimistic, not only for Isaac being in Smash, more importantly for GS, I want to believe a company as big as Nintendo wouldn't just ignore everything surrounding GS in this speculation cycle. That's why I feel the Assist Alliance is a great thing to happen

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I have
I understand him though, it was a very rough moment for all and we don't know how it rolled for a more public person like him so it is hard to be optimistic.

That being said, I remain optimistic, not only for Isaac being in Smash, more importantly for GS, I want to believe a company as big as Nintendo wouldn't just ignore everything surrounding GS in this speculation cycle. That's why I feel the Assist Alliance is a great thing to happen
It's why we must all stick together. Golden Sun is in our hands now. Our ballot votes did not go in vein. We just need to push further!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I have

It's why we must all stick together. Golden Sun is in our hands now. Our ballot votes did not go in vein. We just need to push further!
I fully agree! But I also understand we have lost some people along the way, this is a race of support, patience and resistance. Which is easier said than done, but also for them is that we must keep going

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Man I've been gone forever. Just didn't know what to come in with.

I wasn't expecting Joker at all though.
And I'm far behind on what the topic is now.
I was just kinda distancing myself while I got a few people to maybe share some GS related stuff around FB. I think it... kinda worked out slightly?
I dunno. Sorry I couldn't do more.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

I was just kinda distancing myself while I got a few people to maybe share some GS related stuff around FB. I think it... kinda worked out slightly?
Welcome back! Right now we're in campaign mode to revive Golden Sun. Our first plan of action is to write letters and send it off to Nintendo during the last week of January. This twitter account provides more info on the matter.

https://twitter.com/TheSunRisesAga2/status/1080241019537502213

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

Welcome back! It counts, everything counts. As pointed earlier we are working on the letter campaign, we also discusses starting a GS compendium and I am working out some details with oh.glory oh.glory
There is also another Golden Sunday planned for the TLA anniversary and the Assist Alliance has gained track lately on Twitter thanks to the GS **** post account!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say this: sending physical fan mail will be more effective than waiting to see if the bigwigs send a C&D towards a fan-made render.

Also, just hope the AA Twitter movement doesn't get misinterpreted as people wanting Chain Chomp to be playable.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
COSPLAY UPDATE Adepts!

Forgive for I sinned. I jumped the gun and started making a piece of my cosplay on Friday and it came out fantastically! I made Isaac's scarf which is 3 metres in length! It's also made out of the same material as t-shirts so it's really soft.

Also my Cosplay page if anyone cares for it :p (Mainly adding it here case anyone wants to learn how to make costumes so they can do their own Golden Sun cosplays!)

What do you think adepts? Up next is the leggings but that will be after I finish on the pyjama project!

SPEN18

Smash Champion
This one in particular I feel like Sakurai would actually try to make.

One would hope that the ballot would tell them exactly which ATs people want to be upgraded, but it's easy to see them misinterpreting the Upgrade Assists movement.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I fully agree! But I also understand we have lost some people along the way, this is a race of support, patience and resistance. Which is easier said than done, but also for them is that we must keep going
And alot of people don't have the time and energy to stay the course or to do anything big in terms of support besides spread GS name around online.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

One would hope that the ballot would tell them exactly which ATs people want to be upgraded, but it's easy to see them misinterpreting the Upgrade Assists movement.
In addition to the ballot, I think the backlash to both Waluigi and Isaac's assist trophy status should say enough. Even more so in Isaac's case Nintendo seemed completely blindsided by fans dissatisfaction. It's hard to imagine them taking note of an assist trophy movement and not immediately knowing the obvious more popular wants. Well unless it comes down to Sakurai's choice I suppose lol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Of course not. It's all about Thwomp, Vince, Dr. Wright, Flyswatter, and Blinky.
I would legit not mind Dr. Wright. Imagine him giving pointers to Isabelle about assisting a mayor!

It helps that Vince had supporters before his AT showed up.

In regards to Sakurai's latest interview, he specifically mentioned Simon, Richter, Ridley and Rool as picks influenced by the ballot. The former two seem especially interesting, since while Simon may have had some decent support, Richter was hard to find overall.

Who knows who else will be pulled from there?

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
haven't been here in a bit but I hope yall are in good spirits
our boy Pwnapplez (aka 50cent) main made a Golden Sun cooking video we gotta show our golden boy some love

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Just wanted to drop in to wish everyone a happy 20th anniversary for smash bros. It’s my favorite game series of all time for all the memories and awesome it’s given me all my life. So fellow adepts let’s never stop until we see Isaac join the fight truly. We will get him into smash bros! Here’s to the future.
F44C19C3-8C8E-4837-8DF9-FD52B76BA7DE.jpeg
2D88BD44-063A-45D5-9BE1-0DFC5456CD6A.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom