• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hiring a single programmer is likely just normal turnaround; you guys are absurd, lol.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
INFINITE DARKNESS THEORY: CAMELOT ADDS A GS REFERENCE TO A MOBILE SPORTS GAME, BUT IT GETS CHANGED TO AN UNRELATED NAME IN THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
The craziness that this thread gets into sometimes always makes my day haha, but that hanafuda card joke does get me thinking how awesome a Golden Sun card game would be, I'm not good at making card games (or playing them for a matter of fact lol) but the idea definitely has potential.

Also we are one page away from 900 and then we would just need 100 to reach 1000. Definitely an exciting milestone that may take some time to reach but still would be rewarding once we do

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
The craziness that this thread gets into sometimes always makes my day haha, but that hanafuda card joke does get me thinking how awesome a Golden Sun card game would be, I'm not good at making card games (or playing them for a matter of fact lol) but the idea definitely has potential.

Also we are one page away from 900 and then we would just need 100 to reach 1000. Definitely an exciting milestone that may take some time to reach but still would be rewarding once we do
honestly, I really didn't expect anyone to get the Hanafuda joke lol

RandomAce

Smash Champion
THE HELL OF ALL THEORIES:

Nintendo cancels Golden Sun. Saying FE and Xenoblade are enough and Golden Sun isn’t needed.

Golden Sun trademark then gets cancelled, Camelot shuts down.

Nintendo:
912C5E8E-4346-43FD-8914-DA74050EB83D.gif

*I ran out of stuff to say.

Last edited:

Smash Lord

Nintendo cancels Golden Sun. Saying FE and Xenoblade are enough for and Golden Sun isn’t needed.

Nintendo:
View attachment 185997

GS fans:
View attachment 185998

Well that was something:surprised:
Anyway it's our job to make sure something like that never happens:bluejump::smirk:

Last edited:

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
Well tomorrow’s the big day I go out to the winter conference for smash. It’s going to be my first ever major and I’m going to let everyone know of our campaign to bring back golden sun. I will do my best for you guys and I’m rocking the Isaac cosplay with this all new banner!
holy **** I saw you in the background while watching the stream, im like wait I know that guy

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Can someone add me to the support list? Isaac just undoubtedly deserves his spot on the roster.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Whenever I imagine Isaac's reveal, I actually see it as being a really funny one that has nothing to do with anything at all:

To start, there's a cranky old lady helping a customer do whatever, and she's shown being really rude to him. Then when she's done, the customer walks away aggravated, and the lady shouts out "NEXT!" in a croaky voice. The person who walks up is just barely off screen so no one can see (it's Isaac), and I'll show you the dialogue between them below.

Lady, miserable: Can I help you?

Isaac, enthusiastically: I'm here for my promotion! (since he's an assist trophy, it's his promotion from player to fighter).

Lady, in a sarcastic tone: Promotion? Sorry, hon, there's no openings. If anyone was being promoted I woulda--

(Isaac then hands her and envelope with the smash ball sealing it, and it quickly shuts her up).

Lady, handing the paper back: *scoffs* I see. I'm just gonna stamp your wrist, all right?

Isaac, excitedly: Thanks!

Lady: And what'd you say your name was again?

Isaac: My name? Oh, it's--

Lady, typing on her computer: Never mind, I found it.

Isaac: You did?

Lady: Yeah. Isaac, right? From Golden Sun? <---- part where he gets revealed.

Isaac: Yeah.

Lady, miserably (again): All right, Isaac. Go down wing 3 and walk in the second door to your left; you're scheduled to fight Mario in 10.

Isaac, respectfully: Thank you.

Lady, bored: Yeah, yeah, NEXT!

Isaac walks into view and smiles as he shows the camera his envelope. A brief scene of the lady helping someone else is shown.

I know it's like the least favorable reveal for hardcore Golden Sun fans, but for some reason I just imagined it going like that.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Some quick attempt on making this dream visually, lol.
View attachment 186004
Damn! Well done! You should've been the one to tackle the Photoshop Vs. Screen rather than me, you'd probably make it look better, lol.

Anyway: I say we propose a trade - we receive Golden Sun in exchange for something negative. I'll say this: I'd trade Golden Sun never getting any official merch (outside of Smash amiibo) for a revival of the series. How about you guys?

(Also - almost to 900! Wow! I can't even remember when I joined the thread [somewhere between 300-500 I think] and I hope our support is noticed soon.)

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Well lads, it's at this point I circle back to see if any of you all have some data for me. While fortune gave us new entries to five series in the 2000-2001 range, Information is not easy to come by in the name of sales numbers...and seeing Golden Sun's data empty makes me sad.

Here's the link to a spreadsheet I've made specifically about these five series. I'm working on a Spreadsheet specifically about Golden Sun as well, but I'd rather have all the information around me before I finish that one up. If anyone's got some information about Golden Sun's First Week US sales (somehow, I've had an easier time finding JP data), hit me up!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This is gonna give me nightmares.
Sorry bout that...

These videos were funny and seemed to fit with what I was going (except for something I realized happened in the first gif).

I can see why that Elmo one is gonna give nightmares.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)

I could totally make a GS card game as far as rules and card stats etc. I would just need someone more artistically inclined to do the artwork on the cards.

Nintendo cancels Golden Sun. Saying FE and Xenoblade are enough and Golden Sun isn’t needed.

Nintendo:
View attachment 185997

GS fans:
View attachment 185998

Watching Elmo disintegrate was oddly satisfying.

*continues watching with a creepy smirk on my face*

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
A GS card game would be so awesome. The djinn make for an excellent resource to base the game on like Pokemon or Magic. Setting, summoning, and standbys and recovery would make for great mechanics. Camelot come on.... Do it.........

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
It's like Sakurai knew or something Haha it makes me even more disappointed he didn't make the cut to playable
I hope we are just speculating wrong
View attachment 186004
Why can't we have nice things like this Nintendo? You missing on all of this money gdi!
Anyways that is beautiful! I hope one day we will get official merch like that

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
View attachment 186004
This is beautiful! It’s exactly how I pictured his amiibo would be for a long time. Now the question remains: How do we turn this into a 3D Printable file? I want this made ASAP! lol

Everything that we went though last year, despite not getting Isaac as a fighter, has been a blessing in disguise. No matter how you look it, we have finally come together to start making demand for Golden Sun’s revival. And it is proven that the demand IS there! The only problem is, in fact, too many fans are/were too quiet. I bet you that if Golden Sun got a remake now, floods of people will join. I saw it happen with the DOOM community when DOOM (2016) came out and it was an awesome experience to see so many old and new people joining. I joined r/doom back around 2014-2015 and it had about 500-5000 subscribers. After DOOM (2016), it reached over 200,000 in such a short time.

I know this can happen with Golden Sun! :D

Edit: Technically it was 2015 when I joined reddit, but I didn’t have an account in 2014 when I lurked there. Haha!

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Nice to see we are getting close to page 900. I'm sure getting to page 1,000 would be no issue if we still had the activity we had before the Nov. 1st direct kicked us in the bramble seeds.

Smash Lord
I could totally make a GS card game as far as rules and card stats etc. I would just need someone more artistically inclined to do the artwork on the cards.
I think it's a good idea to maybe use official or fan art as a placeholder until you can get an artist. I'm happy to help you get one

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Nice to see we are getting close to page 900. I'm sure getting to page 1,000 would be no issue if we still had the activity we had before the Nov. 1st direct kicked us in the bramble seeds.
The November direct really wasn't a great one to leave off on. Everyone expected a new Pokemon, and people predicted Ken a lot. It was kind of lackluster in comparison to the other directs, and it's amazing how Joker's reveal alone outshined almost everything in the direct.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Just gotta keep the faith lads. The long run, and all that.

P.S. Grats on 1k Posts, SonicLink125 SonicLink125 , That's a good post to have it on!
Oh wow! I didn’t even realize until just now. Haha! Thank you!
Also, thank you Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept for making me a new profile pic! It definitely needed an update and what perfect timing to do so. This really means a lot!
I love this community!

Edit: words

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
THE THEORY TO KILL IT: MatPat makes a Game Theory video about the Camelot Mass Hirings.

But that's just a theory...

Also I love that Isaac amiibo. I want it... :'(

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I'd legit want a Game Theory episode on Golden Sun. Even if he gets stuffs wrong or come up with a farfetched hypothesis. Would still bring interrest in the games. That's why I was so pleased with Lockstin's video on it.

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Well lads, it might not be too exciting to hear as compared to my discoveries for Custom Robo's developer, but I found out that Camelot Software Planning is going through a bit of a recruitment phase...though I think they're only looking for a single programmer from the recruitment files they have. I couldn't begin to guess what they're working on, especially so soon after the release of Mario Tennis Aces...but, who knows, maybe they're planning something of note?

Sorry that this isn't as major as some of the other developers I looked at, such as the aforementioned NOISE (looking to bulk up considerably, and Intelligent Systems (naturally, as they are now a larger group).
Sorry to disappoint you, but if you're refering the offer in the website, they have this offer for a long time. At least in July they had it ( https://smashboards.com/threads/gol...ostume-confirmed.446390/page-50#post-22198526 ). I remember searching in an important japanese recruitment website if Camelot was looking for new people but I didn't get any results (because I didn't understand anything and I searched in a wrong place or bad parameters tbh, I just put Camelot in japanase spelling and so lol ).

Changing the topic, I read somewhere a fake leak that claimed Camelot was doing a RPG, but it wasn't a Golden Sun title, the name of the game was Elements or something like that. Apart from that fake-leak, how would you react if Camelot does a RPG game but it wasn't GS?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would support a Camelot RPG that’s basically a spiritual revival to Golden Sun. It’s better than nothing and maybe it’s more likely than a new Golden Sun

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I would support a Camelot RPG that’s basically a spiritual revival to Golden Sun. It’s better than nothing and maybe it’s more likely than a new Golden Sun
Considering how hard working Camelot are, I'm inclined to buy any RPG they make! I'm considering buying every game they have made just out of support (even if they don't earn from Used games)

Top Bottom