• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KMDP

Smash Legend
Haha, I am quite sure Isaac has a big following in Europe/UK, the dot will only get bigger around here!
I was talking specifically about where I live (Jersey), which is a small island in the English Channel close to France. ;)

I'm like 99% certain I'm the only person from here on this thread. :laugh:
Speaking of which, guess who recently painted this community as "toxic".

Lmao, that guy really shouldn't be a coward, since I don't remember anyone but me being super negative to Incenroar. xD
View attachment 169302
I had to read that post once or twice to understand what he was trying to say about Isaac.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Lol Felix wearing a mask would be similar to one of Lucina's taunt. They would share that in common along with the fact that they would both be echoes
-INB4 Lucina x Felix >:3
People already found similarities between her and Richter.
My "I'm your Venus!" taunt idea could still apply for him.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Hereby; the poll again (If you might have missed it) called:

What weapon should Isaac wield in SSBU if he is announced?

Vote here: https://linkto.run/p/C5YAJ7OQ

*If you have any requests for weapons not found on the poll, please tell us.
*If you have any questions about weapons found on the poll, check the following links:

- Gaia Blade (http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Gaia_Blade)
- Sol Blade (http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Sol_Blade)
- Excalibur (http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur)
- Stellar Axe (http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Stellar_Axe)
- Herculean Axe (http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Herculean_Axe)
- Bloody Claws (http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Bloody_Claw)

*If you have any more questions you have no answers to following the links, please feel free to ask.
*Poll closes on the 15th of this month. (10/2018)
Nice, what a cool poll. Thank you.
For my vote, I have to go classic with the Gaia Blade for the following reasons:
1) It is from the Original Golden Sun game (which is the game that has Isaac as the primary protagonist).
2) It is found in Venus Lighthouse (perfect for our Venus adept). Also Venus Lighthouse may be the stage we get.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
What really pisses me off that i directly said to him that "if you really want to go after anyone, go after me." Nobody else in this thread is particularly toxic about the big cat.

Nobody but me and a couple of others really have much to say on incenroar. In fact, most are just "okay" with him. As long as Isaac gets in.

What i think should be used appropriately is the word "doubt", not "hate", Vex.

-.-
I mean... I may be brimming with positivity most of the time, I’ll fully admit I wholeheartedly hate the idea of Inciniroar. I do not see the appeal, Especially when his “popularity” only sparked with Vergeben.

Before that most people hated Inciniroar too. Especially at the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon because he was just another fire brawler starter sans fighting type.

I hate hypocrisy and I’ll point it out. Every. Single. Time.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I didn't even notice that detail but....Did he just say that Golden Sun has a farmer/Rancher class?
I think the idea was that Isaac looks like a generic farmer/rancher, like a protagonist from Harvest Moon or whatever.

Doesn’t make sense either, but hey, maybe farmers be wearing capes and wielding blades where he’s from.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think the idea was that Isaac looks like a generic farmer/rancher, like a protagonist from Harvest Moon or whatever.

Doesn’t make sense either, but hey, maybe farmers be wearing capes and wielding blades where he’s from.
Did he even READ the starter post for this thread? The reason to come onto this thread in the first place? (Heh, Call-back.)

TappyBat

Smash Ace

rune factory sure, but golden sun isn't rune factory. nor can they use magic over there

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Lmao, that guy really shouldn't be a coward, since I don't remember anyone but me being super negative to Incenroar. xD
View attachment 169302
Imao I knew he was trouble the moment he commented in this thread who cares If he's fake not like his support would have helped much you said what you said if they can't handle someone's opinion they shouldn't be here some people like frosted flakes others don't

Last edited:

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet

I think it's best if we drop the subject of him / her to avoid any unnecessary stigma growing about this thread. The only thing i'll say on the subject is it's a little silly for them to complain about us "hating on incineroar", only to do something basically identical to Isaac. That kind of invalidates his / her own point, so... whatever, let's all move on, alright?

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
To be honest, I like sword characters! Isaac seems like he’s be really fun, especially after playing him in smash flash 2

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I just thought i'd point out a hilarious detail now that KM brought it up xD

That made my day ngl.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Even then, Jack can qualify as a Smash fighter too, with all the stuff he has in his games (not to mention the peaceful people we already have :ultvillager::ultisabelle:), so the argument is really pitiful.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I wonder did any of us go down to any thread at all saying how much we disliked the character and don't want them I'm pretty sure we stayed were we are

Confirmation

Smash Ace

View attachment 169302
As the resident Incineroar fan, I find this hilarious. "For some reason people can't portray negative thoughts without bashing the character, by the way Lycanroc and Isaac suck."

I think Incineroar gets a bad rep the same way Isaac does where people get a first impression and stick with it forever. The Pokemon's signature move is literally T-Posing against your enemies while spinning at high speed, absolutely the best. Facial expressions and animations really make the firecat awesome; heck, his angry expression in Refresh is a meme.

I have noticed people say Firecat's a bandwagon and I think it's BS to say Incineroar didn't have fans before Verge because I was one of the ones who hoped the inevitable starter would be the cat; he's not in Pokenn and would be awesome here. I think it's the same situation as saying Isaac was a nobody before August since the fanbase was admittedly pretty dormant back then. It also doesn't help Incineroar's haters are way louder than those who like wrestlercat.

Cassi

Smash Rookie
Just got done with a job interview probably shouldn't have waited until I was 15 to get one. At least if I get it I can buy Ultimate with hope Isaac is in.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Just a heads up, someone on 4chan made, once again, a fake leak saying that it will be true if tonight's blog on the smash website is a specific character, this time being Greninja. As someone as myself who works on the blog theory, I have researched WEEKS ago the chances of fighters blogged at certain dates based on anniversaries or important dates, and Greninja has X and Y release date of the game. So regardless of Greninja being truly tonight's blog or not (we still have a little over two hours to find out), don't trust such leak. It claims Skull kid to be a boss and Isaac to be back as an AT (which is ******** if you ask me, lol). So if you saw or see that leak, and it happens to be greninja tonight, there is still no reason to believe it, Greninja as tonight's blog is an easy prediction, just like Wii Fit trainer was this Monday because of Sports day in Japan. Cheers and keep the support strong :)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Just a heads up, someone on 4chan made, once again, a fake leak saying that it will be true if tonight's blog on the smash website is a specific character, this time being Greninja. As someone as myself who works on the blog theory, I have researched WEEKS ago the chances of fighters blogged at certain dates based on anniversaries or important dates, and Greninja has X and Y release date of the game. So regardless of Greninja being truly tonight's blog or not (we still have a little over two hours to find out), don't trust such leak. It claims Skull kid to be a boss and Isaac to be back as an AT (which is ******** if you ask me, lol). So if you saw or see that leak, and it happens to be greninja tonight, there is still no reason to believe it, Greninja as tonight's blog is an easy prediction, just like Wii Fit trainer was this Monday because of Sports day in Japan. Cheers and keep the support strong :)
Said leak also said tomorrow while being posted today, though today's blog is the last for this week :p

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I wonder did any of us go down to any thread at all saying how much we disliked the character and don't want them I'm pretty sure we stayed were we are
The most I do is hate-read the Steve thread, but I don’t post there because A. It’s not cool to do that and B. Nobody really posts there anyways.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
At this point, people are trying their hardest to kill Isaac, not that it matters. He will be coming.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
The most I do is hate-read the Steve thread, but I don’t post there because A. It’s not cool to do that and B. Nobody really posts there anyways.
I mean I wouldn't do that it would anger me to no end but hey whatever floats your boat at least your not talking they cuz alot of us have many nice things to say about Steve lol

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Said leak also said tomorrow while being posted today, though today's blog is the last for this week :p
Probably meant tomorrow as today in japan cause it's already friday there. Dunno. Either way the leak is poop lol.

At this point, people are trying their hardest to kill Isaac, not that it matters. He will be coming.
Ehh -shrugs- it's not the first time, it shouldn't affect us anymore, we will laugh in the end when we actually get the reveals coming :p

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
rune factory sure, but golden sun isn't rune factory. nor can they use magic over there
Oh man! I remember the Pre-3DS release days where a Rune Factory character was also a possibility. Never played the games, but I was intrigued by the idea.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I mean I wouldn't do that it would anger me to no end but hey whatever floats your boat at least your not talking they cuz alot of us have many nice things to say about Steve lol
Back in the 4 days before Ike was confirmed to return, I used to hate-read the Chrom thread. Didn't know there was a name for that though lol.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Back in the 4 days before Ike was confirmed to return, I used to hate-read the Chrom thread. Didn't know there was a name for that though lol.
Learning alot about you guys today hate reading is a thing huh would have never thought

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Is it the same person who made the Zeraora post? If that is the case, and they do get it two times in a row...i'm not sure how i'll feel. It can only be a coincidence or educated guess so many times before it's legit.

Top Bottom