• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I have been a huge golden sun fan now since the game came out, but my only real interaction about it has been during smash bros hype cycles.
I've tried to maintain some presence outside of smash. You see I think a big part of the problem, why we don't see more golden sun content. Is because we don't propagate like normal fandoms. We huddle up for smash, than we disperse when disappointment hits. If we stick together long term as a community, I have a strong feeling more will be accomplished long term than it would be otherwise. If we continue to exclusively rely on smash, we're only gonna keep getting disappointed. I talk about this at length in my upcoming video. But it's the conclusion i've come too. As horrible as that may sound.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Look below, SpaceKingScot brought up some interesting points. also, more sales not always equals to more representation
I read them and I can't say that his points hold very much merit. He's comparing apples to oranges.

"Xenoblade 2’a numbers are severely out of date. It’s nearly caught up to GS1 as of now. 1.52 million. VGchartz is not very accurate on games less than 10 years ol honestly. Also this analysis factors out digital re-releases which benefit most of the titles on the list."

Yeah, great. XC2 caught up to GS1, but why ignore the fact that at this point Shulk was in Smash by this point? Or the fact that XC2 is the third entry in seven years with XC1 even having a handheld port on the new 3DS? Or that XC2 has tons more support in the age of DLC? You can't compare the second sequel to a rising franchise to the very first game in a series in a time of word-of-mouth advertising and smaller internet prevalence. That's not to even ignore the fact that both of them have surprisingly good numbers behind sales.

"Also. As to why Shulk got a slot in smash 4 but Isaac didnt. They weren’t in direct contention. That’s for starters. But it’s because of the large scale critical success the first Xenoblade game. While it alone didn’t sell great. It has been very influential in console rpg design"

No, that's just head canon talking. Even Sakurai said he wouldn't normally add Shulk into Smash. Plus, does he really think that Golden Sun and TLA didn't have critical success? The reviews I see are filled with 9/10 which is the same that you see with XC1. The battle system is fun, but it wasn't the very first game to introduce it. Actually the first time I encountered it was FFXII. XC1 just took that battle system and changed it into something a lot more palatable for players. I will also key in on that final statement there - influential in console rpg design. I'd really like to see the examples of where it has specifically been influential. I can't think of any other rpgs that have adopted that battle system. If I said the same thing about GS1, I could effectively just get away with the same thing - its just words. There has been too little time XC has been out in the market to know how much impact its really had on rpgs in general.

"Blaming Xenoblade or fire emblem representation on golden suns lack of representation is an exercise in futility. While I very vehemently support Isaac in smash, louder so than any other fighter not represented as of now, a by the numbers analysis isn’t gonna lead to our answer."

Except the OP already prefaced this entire thing by saying that he doesn't think that FE or XC representation shouldn't be there. He didn't blame anything. In fact, the only people to blame here are Camelot and Nintendo for not continuing the legacy further than they did. While pure numbers analysis isn't a clear demarcation, it's also highly facetious to ignore it when it doesn't fit your narrative. Not to mention, it's not pure numbers analysis. The entire thread for OP goes into a lot more detail on why Golden Sun should be right up there. We have 811 pages discussing why Golden Sun should rightly be there and I can tell you that there's a lot more running on it than numbers analysis.

You can't throw it away though, that's a bigger mistake than just keying in on it alone. To think that GS sales numbers can be largely ignored is just garbage logic. At the very least you must acquiesce the fact that there is potential in Golden Sun as a series.

All of this is completely ignoring the narrative that it's all in the hands of the game company in control of the property. I've said this before. There are companies out there that have 8+ games in its series you've probably never even heard of in gaming. Between spin-offs and other things, that makes that total even higher. Camelot and Nintendo could have just kept pumping out Golden Sun games like many others in the industry do, but they didn't. It's as simple as that. Whether RPGs weren't their priority past a certain point or they didn't like the direction GS was going in is largely a moot point because none of us work for those companies. What we can do is criticize that decision because many of us believe it to be a mistake.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Basically same for me
Yeah, me too.

I read them and I can't say that his points hold very much merit. He's comparing apples to oranges.

"Xenoblade 2’a numbers are severely out of date. It’s nearly caught up to GS1 as of now. 1.52 million. VGchartz is not very accurate on games less than 10 years ol honestly. Also this analysis factors out digital re-releases which benefit most of the titles on the list."

Yeah, great. XC2 caught up to GS1, but why ignore the fact that at this point Shulk was in Smash by this point? Or the fact that XC2 is the third entry in seven years with XC1 even having a handheld port on the new 3DS? Or that XC2 has tons more support in the age of DLC? You can't compare the second sequel to a rising franchise to the very first game in a series in a time of word-of-mouth advertising and smaller internet prevalence. That's not to even ignore the fact that both of them have surprisingly good numbers behind sales.

"Also. As to why Shulk got a slot in smash 4 but Isaac didnt. They weren’t in direct contention. That’s for starters. But it’s because of the large scale critical success the first Xenoblade game. While it alone didn’t sell great. It has been very influential in console rpg design"

No, that's just head canon talking. Even Sakurai said he wouldn't normally add Shulk into Smash. Plus, does he really think that Golden Sun and TLA didn't have critical success? The reviews I see are filled with 9/10 which is the same that you see with XC1. The battle system is fun, but it wasn't the very first game to introduce it. Actually the first time I encountered it was FFXII. XC1 just took that battle system and changed it into something a lot more palatable for players. I will also key in on that final statement there - influential in console rpg design. I'd really like to see the examples of where it has specifically been influential. I can't think of any other rpgs that have adopted that battle system. If I said the same thing about GS1, I could effectively just get away with the same thing - its just words. There has been too little time XC has been out in the market to know how much impact its really had on rpgs in general.

"Blaming Xenoblade or fire emblem representation on golden suns lack of representation is an exercise in futility. While I very vehemently support Isaac in smash, louder so than any other fighter not represented as of now, a by the numbers analysis isn’t gonna lead to our answer."

Except the OP already prefaced this entire thing by saying that he doesn't think that FE or XC representation shouldn't be there. He didn't blame anything. In fact, the only people to blame here are Camelot and Nintendo for not continuing the legacy further than they did. While pure numbers analysis isn't a clear demarcation, it's also highly facetious to ignore it when it doesn't fit your narrative. Not to mention, it's not pure numbers analysis. The entire thread for OP goes into a lot more detail on why Golden Sun should be right up there. We have 811 pages discussing why Golden Sun should rightly be there and I can tell you that there's a lot more running on it than numbers analysis.

You can't throw it away though, that's a bigger mistake than just keying in on it alone. To think that GS sales numbers can be largely ignored is just garbage logic. At the very least you must acquiesce the fact that there is potential in Golden Sun as a series.

All of this is completely ignoring the narrative that it's all in the hands of the game company in control of the property. I've said this before. There are companies out there that have 8+ games in its series you've probably never even heard of in gaming. Between spin-offs and other things, that makes that total even higher. Camelot and Nintendo could have just kept pumping out Golden Sun games like many others in the industry do, but they didn't. It's as simple as that. Whether RPGs weren't their priority past a certain point or they didn't like the direction GS was going in is largely a moot point because none of us work for those companies. What we can do is criticize that decision because many of us believe it to be a mistake.
The fact that Xenoblade might just now be getting close to having a game sell as much as the original Golden Sun speaks volumes.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

In regards to Xenoblade 2. My comment was to indicate how far behind the numbers were. It as only a passing comment of mine that it was caught up. I was not actively comparing the two. As I know such a comparison would be dumb. And that's the end of that reply.

As for how Xenoblade has influenced RPG's? It's all in the art of the plot twist. What is the main critique of FF13, FF15, Persona 5, and, Fire Emblem Fates, and Fire Emblem Awakening? The plots are simple, and twists are predictable. Xenoblade began to make us question how we approach RPG storytelling from a critical perspective. To give context, games like YS 8, The Witcher 3, Undertale, Nier Automata, all VERY clearly took notes when it came to the art of the twist. Xenoblade not only showed the importance of an extremely well written story line, but how one that can constantly be used to surprise and engage the player through the medium of storytelling at every angle. And in a nintendo game no less, where story is usually always a backseat. It came in an era where games within other genre's were focused on force feeding you every tiny detail, as where Xenoblade maintained the same generally excellent writing, whilst also opening the door for vagueness and interpretation when the time called for it. The battle system is not at all what was influential. And perhaps I should have clarified there.

As for my comments regarding blame shifting. That was not in reply to the orignal post. That was in reply to many surrounding comments I had seen. We are not going to make progress by shifting the blame.

The prospect of ignoring GS's numbers never came up. I never have, and I really never will. They are very signifigant. Perhaps the single biggest factor in what led to Dark Dawn 8 years after the orignal releases. All's i've said the past day is that I seriously question the continued mind share Golden Sun still actively maintains. And I feel that mind share is the biggest hurdle we must overcome when it comes to the prospect of getting Nintendo to produce a new game. I am not ignoring numbers. I am questioning how reflective those numbers are towards our current scenario.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
While I don't recommend having too many expectations, with DLC being possible then Isaac might still have a chance despite being an Assist Trophy. If they decide to do it, they can use Isaac's Dark Dawn appearance while his younger self remains an AT to reduce the overlap of having an Assist as a fighter as well.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I love the Xenoblade series and I’m glad it’s looking like it’s going to continue for awhile now. And Xenoblade also has the fortune of Sakurai really loving the series too. That’s why Shulk got in Smash 4 and we had a segment dedicated to Rex’s Mii costume and why he wasn’t in the base roster. If Sakurai was deciding the DLC characters and not Nintendo I would be positive Rex would still get in even with a costume.

I’m hoping with the success of Xenoblade and us getting FF ports now and even Octopath doing well, Nintendo will see people love RPG’s and then hopefully remember they have an amazing one in Golden Sun that they don’t even have to share profits with Square to make it.

Last edited:

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
In regards to Xenoblade 2. My comment was to indicate how far behind the numbers were. It as only a passing comment of mine that it was caught up. I was not actively comparing the two. As I know such a comparison would be dumb. And that's the end of that reply.

As for how Xenoblade has influenced RPG's? It's all in the art of the plot twist. What is the main critique of FF13, FF15, Persona 5, and, Fire Emblem Fates, and Fire Emblem Awakening? The plots are simple, and twists are predictable. Xenoblade began to make us question how we approach RPG storytelling from a critical perspective. To give context, games like YS 8, The Witcher 3, Undertale, Nier Automata, all VERY clearly took notes when it came to the art of the twist. Xenoblade not only showed the importance of an extremely well written story line, but how one that can constantly be used to surprise and engage the player through the medium of storytelling at every angle. And in a nintendo game no less, where story is usually always a backseat. It came in an era where games within other genre's were focused on force feeding you every tiny detail, as where Xenoblade maintained the same generally excellent writing, whilst also opening the door for vagueness and interpretation when the time called for it. The battle system is not at all what was influential. And perhaps I should have clarified there.

As for my comments regarding blame shifting. That was not in reply to the orignal post. That was in reply to many surrounding comments I had seen. We are not going to make progress by shifting the blame.

The prospect of ignoring GS's numbers never came up. I never have, and I really never will. They are very signifigant. Perhaps the single biggest factor in what led to Dark Dawn 8 years after the orignal releases. All's i've said the past day is that I seriously question the continued mind share Golden Sun still actively maintains. And I feel that mind share is the biggest hurdle we must overcome when it comes to the prospect of getting Nintendo to produce a new game. I am not ignoring numbers. I am questioning how reflective those numbers are towards our current scenario.
Really? I found Xenoblade's storyline to be extremely predictable. I could see the twists coming a mile away, no different from any other RPG I've played of late.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

That's fair. I do have something to say about the mindshare bit. We can't really test it unless there's a release of Golden Sun in as fair of an environment as possible. We can't do these things in a vacuum, but we wouldn't really know how well Golden Sun on the Switch would do until it's done and we can see that outcome.

At the least this would mean not releasing a potential Golden Sun 4 at the very end of the Switch's life cycle or even the 3DS life cycle as that is possibly the worst marketing decision fathomable.

It really comes down to the branding. They probably won't call it Golden Sun 4 considering none of the others are numbered. If they just release a Golden Sun game on the Switch, which is already suffering on notable titles, how much would mindshare really matter? You will, of course, have the loyal players buying such a game, but that doesn't speak much to how many new players you could get to buy it as well. A poster earlier showed how you can easily make it feel like a new game instead of the third sequel based on how well you do the storytelling. I feel like you would get a lot of people wanting to try it out simply because it's a unique title they've never heard of before. You would also get people to play that have heard of the past games but simply don't have the ability to play them because they don't own a GBA or Wii.

Not to mention that the story isn't even the only reason to keep up with and play the games. That's actually an advantage it has on many other games in the genre. You have the battling gameplay but you also have the puzzling gameplay. It's easy to get into and becomes an integral part of dungeons.

As far as the risk involved in releasing one of these games compared to something else, there's arguments to be had there. I just think that the track record Golden Sun has going for it gives it more than enough evidence to show that it's not as risky as most others that exist in the genre.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
That's fair. I do have something to say about the mindshare bit. We can't really test it unless there's a release of Golden Sun in as fair of an environment as possible. We can't do these things in a vacuum, but we wouldn't really know how well Golden Sun on the Switch would do until it's done and we can see that outcome.

At the least this would mean not releasing a potential Golden Sun 4 at the very end of the Switch's life cycle or even the 3DS life cycle as that is possibly the worst marketing decision fathomable.

It really comes down to the branding. They probably won't call it Golden Sun 4 considering none of the others are numbered. If they just release a Golden Sun game on the Switch, which is already suffering on notable titles, how much would mindshare really matter? You will, of course, have the loyal players buying such a game, but that doesn't speak much to how many new players you could get to buy it as well. A poster earlier showed how you can easily make it feel like a new game instead of the third sequel based on how well you do the storytelling. I feel like you would get a lot of people wanting to try it out simply because it's a unique title they've never heard of before. You would also get people to play that have heard of the past games but simply don't have the ability to play them because they don't own a GBA or Wii.

Not to mention that the story isn't even the only reason to keep up with and play the games. That's actually an advantage it has on many other games in the genre. You have the battling gameplay but you also have the puzzling gameplay. It's easy to get into and becomes an integral part of dungeons.

As far as the risk involved in releasing one of these games compared to something else, there's arguments to be had there. I just think that the track record Golden Sun has going for it gives it more than enough evidence to show that it's not as risky as most others that exist in the genre.
That's a fair analysis. The gradual decline of the quantity of IP's that aren't already repped on the switch is the primary reason I believe GS4 is not only happening. But will be soon-ish.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
A way to test the waters is by releasing an older Golden Sun game on virtual console or an HD remake. It's a safe way to gauge the interest in the series while minimising the time, money and effort required. Capcom released Okami HD in 2017 and now in 2018 it's also out on Switch. With the sales of that HD remake closing in on the million, I think it safe to assume Capcom wanted to be reassured that it was safe to start working on a sequel.

Nintendo is the same. It's scared of failure and won't want to take unnecessary risks. Last time they announced a new Golden Sun title without testing the waters, it underperformed. The times were different, controversial choices, blah blah. Doesn't matter. It underperformed. Now Nintendo is uneasy about the series. Releasing it on virtual console or an HD remake is where I'd start if I were Nintendo. Smash would also be a good way by using a DLC character slot to see how it fares in terms of sales. Fire Emblem Fates was poorly received in Japan and divisive in the west and it shows in the DLC - Corrin selling the least. (There may be other reasons for Corrin but Smash DLC is still a safe enough guideline).

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, good luck spreading the word this weekend! I sent a PM to Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept as well but just to make sure it makes its way to everyone who wants to share it, here's a little translation I made for the event:

「黄金の太陽」ファンの皆様へ、
原作のアメリカ発売日の記念日である11月11日にあたって、ファンによる大規模なキャンペーンを行います!ツイッターなどのSNSで「#GoldenSun」,「 #黄金の太陽」シリーズの好きな思い出、エピソード、気に入ったキャラなどをぜひシェアしてください。「このシリーズは絶対にあきらめない!」と同感してくれる方々はみんな大歓迎です!よろしくお願いいたします。

The gist of it asks all Golden Sun fans to go on Twitter and other social media on Nov 11 to share their favorite memories, stories, characters, etc. from the series. There's nothing specific about Smash Bros. but it was already getting kind of long and I'm not sure it's necessary since we just want as many people as possible. Feel free to share and don't be afraid to modify it as needed for those of you who know Japanese and/or have Japanese friends.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, good luck spreading the word this weekend! I sent a PM to Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept as well but just to make sure it makes its way to everyone who wants to share it, here's a little translation I made for the event:

「黄金の太陽」ファンの皆様へ、
原作のアメリカ発売日の記念日である11月11日にあたって、ファンによる大規模なキャンペーンを行います!ツイッターなどのSNSで「#GoldenSun」,「 #黄金の太陽」シリーズの好きな思い出、エピソード、気に入ったキャラなどをぜひシェアしてください。「このシリーズは絶対にあきらめない!」と同感してくれる方々はみんな大歓迎です!よろしくお願いいたします。

The gist of it asks all Golden Sun fans to go on Twitter and other social media on Nov 11 to share their favorite memories, stories, characters, etc. from the series. There's nothing specific about Smash Bros. but it was already getting kind of long and I'm not sure it's necessary since we just want as many people as possible. Feel free to share and don't be afraid to modify it as needed for those of you who know Japanese and/or have Japanese friends.
So proud to be the first one to like your comment. I can't like this initiative enough.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

「黄金の太陽」ファンの皆様へ、

I made the tweet. What do you think? A few of them liked the tweet already so it's a good sign

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Looks great man! I would just change the bit in the text of the post itself that says “金色の太陽 注目ファン”

Not sure if that was Google translated or what but it essentially says “gold-colored sun paying attention fans”

I’m not too great at catch phrases/group names but maybe 黄金の太陽 エナジストのスペシャルファン部隊 or something, which would be Golden Sun Fan Special Legion of Adepts (sounds less weird in Japanese lol, also used Special because that’s the Japanese name for Smash Ultimate)

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Forgot to post this here! For those doing the Golden Sunday, here is the open letter! Ready to go! Had a great amount of help getting this ready!

Y_0ff3mY.jpg
3ojQzHgF.jpg

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Looks great man! I would just change the bit in the text of the post itself that says “金色の太陽 注目ファン”

Not sure if that was Google translated or what but it essentially says “gold-colored sun paying attention fans”

I’m not too great at catch phrases/group names but maybe 黄金の太陽 エナジストのスペシャルファン部隊 or something, which would be Golden Sun Fan Special Legion of Adepts (sounds less weird in Japanese lol, also used Special because that’s the Japanese name for Smash Ultimate)
エナジスト ? Energist?? Is that how they call the Adepts in Japanese? I actually didn't know.
And maybe it's just me, "Special Fan Unit/Legion" sounds a tad off to me.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
So anyone aware of this petition and when it started? It's using the Operation Sunrise tagline and has 17k supporters right now. I'm not sure if this petition is still seeing the rounds, seems like a lot of users have started up several Isaac/Golden Sun petitions. Though if anyone's tweeting any petitions at Nintendo on Golden Sunday, it makes sense to use what may be the biggest one. Of course 17k is still likely nothing in the grand scheme of things but certainly better than tweeting them petitions with less than 1000 and such as some fans have done already.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/#facebook-share

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
エナジスト ? Energist?? Is that how they call the Adepts in Japanese? I actually didn't know.
And maybe it's just me, "Special Fan Unit/Legion" sounds a tad off to me.
Well like I said, coming up with the names isn’t my forte so if you guys have any better ideas then by all means, haha. I just wanted to fix the Google translated bit to something intelligible.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
An old petition can be relevant again? Serious question by the way
Some of the comments on the petition are as recent as this week so fans are still finding this petition in some fashion. It doesn't seem like it's closed so it could still be usable. if anything it beats starting a whole other operation from ground zero again since it'll take ages to reach the amount of signatures that old one has. Either way it's less about the petition itself and more about being able to show Nintendo how much fans still care about Golden Sun, like it trending after the trademark renewal.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
After we do Golden Sunday though, we need to keep the voice going loud in the Golden Sun community so we don't disappear again. I will keep the the smash pro community interested through my cosplay plan but how else will we keep the demand consistent this time?

D

Deleted member

So, this Golden Sunday thing is happening soon isn't it? I'm hype tbh

I feel like you guys should also push this idea around other Golden Sun fan communities like the subreddit, in order to make more noise. A lot of the plans for that day seem reliant on fans pushing content like hashtags, memes, music, art, etc. Making sure that more fans are aware so that more people can make content is important. You can't just push to the outside world, you need a sizeable force in the beginning TO push in the first place

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
After we do Golden Sunday though, we need to keep the voice going loud in the Golden Sun community so we don't disappear again. I will keep the the smash pro community interested through my cosplay plan but how else will we keep the demand consistent this time?
I assume do the same as the Zelda/Mario/etc. communities do.

We can't be the quiet community anymore. We need to be vocal, but also respectful as we've been. Because of our passion for Golden Sun, we had new fans play the game and are on board for Isaac in Smash. Even people who've never played the game are ok with the idea of Isaac. If we keep that momentum, Golden Sun can/will be relevant again to the point that Nintendo can't ignore anymore.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I assume do the same as the Zelda/Mario/etc. communities do.

We can't be the quiet community anymore. We need to be vocal, but also respectful as we've been. Because of our passion for Golden Sun, we had new fans play the game and are on board for Isaac in Smash. Even people who've never played the game are ok with the idea of Isaac. If we keep that momentum, Golden Sun can/will be relevant again to the point that Nintendo can't ignore anymore.
All I want to know is if Nintendo is aware of all the demand for Isaac and golden sun to return given these factors:

Isaac coming back as an assist trophy after 8 years of not appearing in anything.
That rathalos tweet blowing up with golden sun hopes and how it got golden sun trending on twitter for a little bit
The amount of votes Isaac got from the smash ballot. I can assume he was at least in the top 10 most requested
The grinch leak may have been fake, but it raised more awareness of Isaac being included and got some fans hyped
The fact that golden sun has been getting so much attention this year than any other recent ones

Did I leave anything out?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
What we need to do us use the release dates of Golden Sun to drive our community. Did you know there is a release date in December too?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
What we need to do us use the release dates of Golden Sun to drive our community. Did you know there is a release date in December too?
If we start to mixup the releases dates per continent it's going to be quite a mess.

Staarih

Smash Master
I haven’t been posting here much, and even less when we learned Isaac is an AT (granted at least he IS back in Smash again, and he does look good). I’m not sure about where I stand as for him being DLC, but I’m really digging this movement for reviving Golden Sun - and especially keeping ”Isaac for Smash” as a side/additional bonus, and focusing on bringing back the franchise. I noticed a lot of people on Twitter are like ”Sakurai won’t put Isaac in the game” without realizing that reviving Golden Sun isn’t necessarily the same as Isaac in Smash - the two would correlate and benefit from each other, but I think a rebirth of Golden Sun is doable without getting Isaac in Smash as well. He could (and would and should) get in in the long run though.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Well either that or do it every one or two months

But basically, it needs to be one offs but frequent
Yeah we should definitely start thinking about planning dates for next year, to keep things consistent as we bring more awareness to the movement and grow in numbers.

I'd say every month might be a bit much just so it doesn't come off as a chore and there's some breathing room to plan for things like art/writings etc. Maybe every two or three months sounds good.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
If you do it every 3 months you could focus on a particular lighthouse I guess. Then in a year you'd have all four.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yeah we should definitely start thinking about planning dates for next year, to keep things consistent as we bring more awareness to the movement and grow in numbers.

I'd say every month might be a bit much just so it doesn't come off as a chore and there's some breathing room to plan for things like art/writings etc. Maybe every two or three months sounds good.
A few pages ago, I mentioned that we could do a special day every 3 months during the seasons to celebrate each element:

March/Spring=Venus/Earth
June/Summer=Mars/Fire
September/Fall=Jupiter/Wind
December/Winter=Mercury/Water

And during those seasons, we celebrate /appreciate the adepts (and non adepts related to that element) like Isaac/Felix/Matthew/Himi in Spring for example. I think that would be fun.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hmm… Should I make Isaac or Matthew as the full body smashified render? Now I'm curious because I don't know what people's hopes are in now (I haven't caught up with many previous pages yet, I've been away a bit).

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Hmm… Should I make Isaac or Matthew as the full body smashified render? Now I'm curious because I don't know what people's hopes are in now (I haven't caught up with many previous pages yet, I've been away a bit).
It's a tough one, but I think at the end of the day it should be Isaac for now as he seems more of the face of Golden Sun than does Matthew ( unless of course Nintendo is trying to push for Matthew). Maybe you can include Matthew in it in some way if possible as a way to push for Matthew as a DLC too if Isaac is deadset as being an assist trophy.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Isaac will be the better choice. I can honestly see a more realistic look of Isaac's clothing similar to that of Matthew's and how Smash Bros makes some characters look. Like the Belmonts for example. Keep it separate from the cartoony look his AT has.

I would, however, like to see a Matthew render after you do Isaac. And Felix too. :)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Do Isaac anyway. We’re banking on him, at the end of the day, even as an AT he’s still more likely than Matthew.

Top Bottom