• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun Warriors? Gross. No thanks, I’ll pass.

So I’ve been writing my story and I gotta say...

I’m so rusty lol. I really hope I can get a couple chapters in before Golden Sunday and I hope they aren’t terrible. Although I’ve always been too critical of my work...

It doesn’t really help that I’m diving into this with a plot and characters I’ve only made up within a few days... there is that too...

Ugh now I’m nervous.
You could ask someone you trust for feedback around friday.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
At this point I’d take Golden Sun anything, so I’d gladly take Golden Sun warriors.

Also, if the DLC is sadly all promotional stuff, you guys might not realize how good this is for us. In fact, we win either way. If a new Golden Sun is in development, Isaac would make sense as that would be promoting something and, to be frank, Golden Sun needs it. If he isn’t in, this is also good, as much as it pains me to say it. If no fan favourites come in for DLC, that almost confirms to me that Isaac’s place on the ballot is indeed one step behind K Rool. They brought back his AT from 2008, and even added new moves to it. No other ballot character got this kind of treatment, with most being spirits. Isaac’s support could’ve been deemed too strong to ignore again, but they just didn’t have the time to add him in fully given the small amount of newcomers they had, so a compromise had to be made.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
At this point I’d take Golden Sun anything, so I’d gladly take Golden Sun warriors.

Also, if the DLC is sadly all promotional stuff, you guys might not realize how good this is for us. In fact, we win either way. If a new Golden Sun is in development, Isaac would make sense as that would be promoting something and, to be frank, Golden Sun needs it. If he isn’t in, this is also good, as much as it pains me to say it. If no fan favourites come in for DLC, that almost confirms to me that Isaac’s place on the ballot is indeed one step behind K Rool. They brought back his AT from 2008, and even added new moves to it. No other ballot character got this kind of treatment, with most being spirits. Isaac’s support could’ve been deemed too strong to ignore again, but they just didn’t have the time to add him in fully given the small amount of newcomers they had, so a compromise had to be made.
Same! I dream of the day when Golden Sun is as big as Fire Emblem/Zelda/etc. GS Warriors would be a lot of fun using each characters Psynergy attacks on enemies and whatnot. GS official merch would be amazing too! So much potential with this series, it really makes me sad that Nintendo (or Camelot) doesn't take advantage on it.

I truly hope a GS game is in the works and Nintendo wants to use the Smash DLC for it to promote the game. That would be awesome!

Of course, that's all wishful thinking. I'm not going to hold my breath on that possibility until something happens. The fight for GS will go on!

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
The fact that Isaac is the only returning AT to actually have a modified moveset is a curious one. I don't want to look too deeply into it, but maybe there is something here hopefully.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

I do lean more towards DLC being promotional stuff, even more now with Nintendo picking the choices. If they were just going to continue adding the rest of the ballot fan favorites, seems silly to deconfirm one of the biggest requests and then pick characters that don't have the same level of popularity as DLC anyways. Sakurai also could have prefaced it by saying how he didn't have time to get to all the ballot characters for base, but look forward to their inclusion in DLC.

This makes me think that Nintendo is going in a different direction than how Sakurai chose the Ultimate roster to the point even Sakurai makes note of this on his twitter, otherwise why would it matter to say who picked the choices? Sakurai's bias would have helped a lot of fan favorite characters in the community but Nintendo is a different story in that regard. Nothing short of Golden Sun miraculously getting a new game announced would help a GS rep for DLC, well at least that first batch.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Sora, Lloyd, Steve, katalina, gen 8 pokemon.

In other words, 2 awesome additions, then things very quickly go to hell.
Not really familiar with katalina, and depending on the pokemon (why couldn't we get Lycanroc instead?) It could be good, if they use a type like ground or rock we would finally have a character with earth based attacks. I would honestly be ok with that, especially if the character looks cool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow, I'm not sure whether I should feel hopeful or not at this point.
You should feel neither, because there's just not enough info at this time. Just be happy that Isaac is back in some way right now.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If Nintendo is picking the DLC then I think this is most likely:

1. FE 3 Houses character (They’ll want to promote this game. Hopefully the character is at least an axe or lance user)

2. Rex + Pyra (Best selling Xenoblade game and I’m sure Nintendo wants that series to grow)

3. Banjo-Kazooie (Really do believe they have a good chance and regardless I think we’ll get Minecraft content with their inclusion)

4. Sora (I just have a feeling that we’re going to get some KH ports to the Switch and having Sora in Smash would promote that)

5. Rayman (I think Ubisoft will finally get a rep and it’ll be him)

Again, I’m hopeful we’ll have some kind of miracle and get a Golden Sun rep, but that’s only if Nintendo has a new game in the works and even though the trademark speculation is exciting and could mean something I think it’s still too early for that. Maybe a second round of DLC.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo is picking the DLC then I think this is most likely:

1. FE 3 Houses character (They’ll want to promote this game. Hopefully the character is at least an axe or lance user)

2. Rex + Pyra (Best selling Xenoblade game and I’m sure Nintendo wants that series to grow)

3. Banjo-Kazooie (Really do believe they have a good chance and regardless I think we’ll get Minecraft content with their inclusion)

4. Sora (I just have a feeling that we’re going to get some KH ports to the Switch and having Sora in Smash would promote that)

5. Rayman (I think Ubisoft will finally get a rep and it’ll be him)

Again, I’m hopeful we’ll have some kind of miracle and get a Golden Sun rep, but that’s only if Nintendo has a new game in the works and even though the trademark speculation is exciting and could mean something I think it’s still too early for that. Maybe a second round of DLC.
But the point of the Rex Mii costume is that he and XC2 came too late to be elegible for the Fighters Pass. So they can't be on this one but are guaranteed if there's a second Pass. I'd say replace them with a Gen 8 Pokémon.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
But the point of the Rex Mii costume is that he and XC2 came too late to be elegible for the Fighters Pass. So they can't be on this one but are guaranteed if there's a second Pass. I'd say replace them with a Gen 8 Pokémon.
Would't Elma be more likely then Rex considering the roster was finalized in 2015? Or do you guys think that we are only due for promotional characters given how nintendo selects their dlc compared to Sakurai? For all we know Waluigi might come thanks to all that social media demand he has going for him and allow assist trophy promotions.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Would't Elma be more likely then Rex considering the roster was finalized in 2015? Or do you guys think that we are only due for promotional characters given how nintendo selects their dlc compared to Sakurai? For all we know Waluigi might come thanks to all that social media demand he has going for him and allow assist trophy promotions.
The DLC roster wasn't finalized in 2015. However, based on Sakurai's statements, Rex probably isn't happening. So I don't exactly know what's going on. I DO NOT think Elma is happening because it serves Nintendo no purpose. They're not porting X to Switch and X wasn't that well received anyway. I also do not think Rex is happening because of what Sakurai said, so yeah, I just don't think we're getting anything Xenoblade as DLC.

KMDP

Smash Legend
My brother and I have been discussing Nintendo controlling the DLC. And the more we discuss it the more questionable it is sounding. Do you guys think they are gonna make promo characters for their big titles for the next 2 years? A Pokemon is coming out maybe getting another rep? If this is the case it could be good or very bad. And if Steve....urk...is a character the others will have to be really **** good to make up for it.
Don't worry about the Nintendo DLC thing.

All that has happened is that Sakurai was given a shortlist of characters by Nintendo that he can choose 5 from to make DLC out of.

While we don't know how long the list was specifically, can safely assume this list was probably more than about 10 or so.

It's not like the Nintendo execs came to Sakurai and told him: "You have to make Elma, Melmetal, Edelgard, Sora and Steve, now get to work."

Sakurai actually has the final say in who gets made (like always).

I imagine it's more like the situation with Corrin; for those who don't know, Corrin was actually chosen by Smash 4's DLC Dev team to make (though Sakurai still had to give the okay, which he has gone on record as saying he was reluctant about); I imagine that the list was a list of characters formed by the Smash Dev Team and higher ups (like the President, Miyamoto and everyone of similar standing) to make suggestions to Sakurai.

For all we know a fair bit of that list was made up of Ballot runners, just like the base game.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isRWP1a78dI&feature=youtu.be

This is a small preview of what i've been working on. The first segment, which i'm calling "A golden Eulogy" is a basic summary of my journey in this smash cycle, basically compiling all the videos that stood out to me, and stuff that I partook in in the leadup. After that part I plan to cover several explanations for why or how we didn't make it. Than the bulk of the video will be a discussion into what the future of the golden series could be. And what need's done in order to heal from this defeat. As well as come back stronger than ever.

D

Deleted member

The World of Light could also feature a nod or two to the franchise. It's highly likely we'll see a few more Spirits from the franchise (such as the Djinn being Novice support spirits and a few party members being added, most notably Jenna and Garet), as well as possibly a costume for Felix or Matthew (unlikely, but who knows) and maybe even Kraden serving as a Master Spirit. Besides, Isaac and Gray Fox were the only two cut ATs from Brawl to return (with Gray Fox simply being a package deal) and Isaac not only got a new build, but a modified moveset and will likely get a social media update touting his return.

It's not all gloom and doom, even though it sure felt that way last week.

In real-life news, I have my actual appointment with the Social Security Administration set up for next Thursday morning, so that'll give me plenty of time to dig up my employment history and finalize everything I need to get this over with. While it does suck that a judge has made it clear that I can't work again on an actual basis (will have to settle for freelance work), I won't have to worry about money troubles.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I really hope we can find out one day if Isaac was debated on being a playable character for Smash 4 and that’s why his AT was taken out. Because it doesn’t really make much sense other than that.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isRWP1a78dI&feature=youtu.be

This is a small preview of what i've been working on. The first segment, which i'm calling "A golden Eulogy" is a basic summary of my journey in this smash cycle, basically compiling all the videos that stood out to me, and stuff that I partook in in the leadup. After that part I plan to cover several explanations for why or how we didn't make it. Than the bulk of the video will be a discussion into what the future of the golden series could be. And what need's done in order to heal from this defeat. As well as come back stronger than ever.
Wow, that hit me in the feels D:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
sakurai has failed once again. can't trust the guy to make the right choices. wonder what chance isaac has for the next game.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Wow, that hit me in the feels D:
I'm sorry if I made you feel bad. Though...this was sort of an expression of my own sadness when viewing this whole thing. So...perhaps on a subconscious level that was the intent. I just finished the full version. The full fat video will be ready for Golden Sunday at this rate. Or at least it should.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So its been awhile since I've been around here so whats up? What exactly are we doing for this Golden Sunday idea?

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if I made you feel bad. Though...this was sort of an expression of my own sadness when viewing this whole thing. So...perhaps on a subconscious level that was the intent. I just finished the full version. The full fat video will be ready for Golden Sunday at this rate. Or at least it should.
Well we are all in this together as a fanbase, so the feeling is mutual. The situation sucks, and despite Sakurai's tweet we should continue going strong. Let's make Golden Sunday count!

9Blades 9Blades So in a nutshell it's a campaign of sorts where we focus on Golden Sun related content and tweet about it ( whether it may be about experiences from playing the game, fan art, discussions, etc) that will incorporate tags such as #GoldenSunday or #Isaacforsmash. The idea is to peak interest for Golden Sun in twitter (hopefully get it trending if possible) and the long term goal is for Nintendo to notice our cause. Only thing I advise against doing is spamming, especially by tagging Sakurai's twitter considering his recent tweets against fans flooding his feed.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
How would you feel if they made a mobile Golden Sun game? (similar to Dragalia Lost)
If the mobile game tied into a Isaac for Smash announcement, or helped to push for a mainline Golden Sun on the Switch then that'd be swell I guess.

If all we ever got was a mobile GS game then I would probably die on the inside.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Same! I dream of the day when Golden Sun is as big as Fire Emblem/Zelda/etc. GS Warriors would be a lot of fun using each characters Psynergy attacks on enemies and whatnot. GS official merch would be amazing too! So much potential with this series, it really makes me sad that Nintendo (or Camelot) doesn't take advantage on it.

I truly hope a GS game is in the works and Nintendo wants to use the Smash DLC for it to promote the game. That would be awesome!

Of course, that's all wishful thinking. I'm not going to hold my breath on that possibility until something happens. The fight for GS will go on!
This always makes my eye twitch.

Dark Dawn, the worst selling GS game ever, outsold every single Fire Emblem game before Awakening. The only reason FE is 'popular' is because Nintendo literally **** money and influence at them.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

Dark Dawn, the worst selling GS game ever, outsold every single Fire Emblem game before Awakening. The only reason FE is 'popular' is because Nintendo literally **** money and influence at them.
And for some reason Sakurai and/or Nintendo refuse to do anything with the Golden Sun series when they can do the exact same thing they did with Fire Emblem and advertise it in Smash. It does not make any ****ing sense.

I know we kind of joked about this earlier in the thread, but it really makes me wonder if there is some bad blood between Sakurai and Camelot.

It’s frustrating. Especially when the same company is making mediocre Mario sports games.

osby

Smash Obsessed
sakurai has failed once again. can't trust the guy to make the right choices. wonder what chance isaac has for the next game.
I'll make a wild guess and predict "right choices" are the characters you want.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
How would you feel if they made a mobile Golden Sun game? (similar to Dragalia Lost)
While it isn't really what I want, it at least would give some exposure to the series. I'm promoting and supporting the hell out of anything Golden Sun related we get to keep the series alive

Last edited:

OPeke!

Smash Rookie

The main reason is the fanservice

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was wondering if you could choose 5 assist trophies to promote to playable who would you pick?

It's harder than I thought at first, competition between assist trophies would be pretty fierce.

Isaac (duh)
Bomberman
Waluigi
Ashley
Krystal or Skull Kid (coin toss)

Consolations to: Riki, Shadow, Dillon, Shovel Knight, Starfy, Sukapon, Takamaru, Midna (there's actually a load of great candidates)

I'm basing it off Ultimate. (Otherwise Ray MK would probably be included)

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I was wondering if you could choose 5 assist trophies to promote to playable who would you pick?

It's harder than I thought at first, competition between assist trophies would be pretty fierce.

Isaac (duh)
Bomberman
Waluigi
Ashley

Consolations to: Riki, Shadow, Dillon, Shovel Knight, Starfy, Sukapon, Takamaru, Midna (there's actually a load of great candidates)

I would go with Isaac, Bomberman, Shadow, Shovel Knight, and ether Waluigi, Ashley, Skull Kid, or Takamaru. This was hard to do because there are just so many good options.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

Isaac (duh)
Bomberman
Waluigi
Ashley

My picks would be
- Waluigi
- Isaac
- Samurai Goroh
- Krystal
- Knuckles

Honorable mentions - Shadow, Dillon, Takamaru

It would be cool to see a poll among ATs

Smash Lord

Isaac (duh)
Bomberman
Waluigi
Ashley

Isaac (obviously)
Bomber-Man
Dillon
Spring Man
Takamaru

Honarable Mentions- Waluigi, Skull Kid, Midna Ashley, Samurai Goroh, Zero
The characters I have in this image are the ones I think have a shot at promotion.
assist trophy upgrade.png

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There was a discussion about this in the general discussion thread, and I can't believe I forgot Takamaru. Anyway:

Isaac
Skull Kid
Akira
Bomberman
Takamaru

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Where are people finding proof of Dark Dawn's sales?

Also, Camelot are the ones responsible for continuing to make Mario Sports games, not Nintendo. Intelligent Systems are the ones responsible for continuing to make Fire Emblem games (which is traditionally their best selling franchise), not Nintendo.

These two things are incomparable to one another.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

Isaac (duh)
Bomberman
Waluigi
Ashley

Isaac, shovel knight, waluigi, skull kid, and zero.

There are some others that could be on this list (shadow, bomberman, ashley, etc) but I think these five would be especially nice to have playable

Smash Lord
I found footage of Isaac's assist trophy in case anyone is curious about it and yes the name for the IsaacForSmash account has been changed to Isaac's Ultimate Allied Adepts. We are in the middle of making a new profile picture at the moment since we are rebranding to have a bigger focus on reviving the Golden Sun series while still pushing for his Smash inclusion of course

Last edited:
Top Bottom