• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tetiro

Smash Ace
On another more positive note for Isaac, I didn't really see anything in the direct that looked like it would have been offensive. When Cities Skylines showed up I thought maybe they were going to show off a natural disaster happening but they didn't. Either they cut it out or there was never anything offensive about it in the first place. Even Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Daemon X Machina didn't have anything that looked like it would have caused offense. (they were the main two games I was suspicious of)

Considering the insiders said that it was going to be "very obvious" what the game in question was I do find it strange that it wasn't at all obvious.
I thought this as well. But then I also think Animal Crossing felt natural in terms of its inclusion. So either they cut the Smash announcements short or it was another game and it was postponed

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Oh man, this thread has brought me down a bit. Expect some pessimism.

I DO think Isabelle indirectly hurts Isaac's chances. Everyone expected her to be an echo, and now that's she's unique as a semi-clone I feel like I can say all bets are off when it comes to putting people into the echo bin. This means that, instead of having the direct competition of maybe 8 characters, you can throw in Ken, Shadow, and Dixie into the mix. All three of them have pretty huge support, so it makes things exceptionally dicey if we do indeed only have a few unique newcomers left.

The 3DS bit terrifies me. Nintendo should know at this point that the Switch is the only way anything new will survive. I think the lack of news is finally and hilariously in our favor, as I don't expect many 3DS games past Luigi's Mansion and we've heard absolutely nothing about Golden Sun bar some trademark snooping.

DLC is not where Isaac will shine, I feel. We have some massive competition, including Rex & Pyra as obvious and an extremely possible Banjo & Kazooie. Throw in fierce competition with third parties and it'll be really rough, especially if AT fans make a push.

Tbh I think all we can do right now is hope for the love of Smash that we didn't get AT'd, as that would kill us.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I thought this as well. But then I also think Animal Crossing felt natural in terms of its inclusion. So either they cut the Smash announcements short or it was another game and it was postponed
I don't want to get carried away. I think the missing blog posts are interesting but they could easily mean nothing. The missing blog posts 120 and 121 from a few weeks back bother me. We still don't know what they were for and who's to say the current missing blog posts aren't the same as them? They don't necessarily point at another character. They could just be more anomalies.

We could just say that the missing blog posts mean a character was cut from the direct because of them being offensive but the more reasonable explanation is that the direct was largely untouched and this was how it was always going to play out.

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Lolwut? This makes no sense whatsoever. All I'm saying is they potentially cut a trailer until its a more opportune time to reveal it, and maybe revamp it a bit. No way in hell would they remove a character entirely over this.

Anyway, several posts are still missing. 135, 136, 137, 140 (definitely music), and 143. It'll be interesting to see when these show up.

Zero. Isabelle will at most take up three blog posts (the trailer which is already up, Today's Fighter, and maybe a memory), still leaving one missing. There's nothing else to have a post for. And they've literally never done this before, either. Inklings were the same night as the Direct as was Simon (with Simon showing up about an hour after the Direct ended).

143 is still also MIA for no reason, and nothing announced would be able to fill in that post.
Must be my BRAWL fears coming into play... Tch.. Since we know some cuts were indeed made and the game was delayed (for Sonic mostly if I recall). I just hope we don't have scenario like that on our hands is all. Although the reason for cutting would not be received well IF they did do it. I'm hoping it was rescheduled and do think stuff was just shuffled around. But I personally don't think we know enough to have conclusive proof of it. Sorry for being fearful but I have to say it's not without reason.
I'm more on the fence than I was before. I really think he is stuck at around 50% still. I think that's reasonable considering we still have a lot of competition left.
I really hope he's base roster though. I don't think it would feel quite right to have him as DLC. I don't know. I just don't like DLC as a concept really (well you can thank EA for that type of crap among a few others...).
I just need to vent a bit. Sorry. I'll come back when I'm not so..not salty more like... fearful I guess? Anxious? Cause I actually like the fact Isabelle wasn't an echo. But part of me is considering the implications. It could be good. But it could also be bad.
Brains run stupidly wild sometimes.
Edit: I'm tired. Don't mind me.

Last edited:

UpUpDownDown

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0362-1147-5024
It's safe to assume that the final roster size is going to be divisible by 4. Right now with echos included we are at 70 characters, or 73 characters if you choose to included Pokemon Trainer and Wii Fighters as three separate characters. That means that the final roster size is going to be either 76 or 80 characters. Where Isaac and other requested newcomers land is still unknown. But what I do know is that the Mii costumes seems to have a huge influence on this game. Some costumes such as King K Rool, Chrom, and now Isabelle have become playable, while the others have transitioned to assist trophies or will likely end up becoming bosses in the story mode. With that said I truly believe we are getting 3-4 more original fighters with two of them being a Pokemon and a Square rep ala Geno because of my previous point about the Mii Costumes. As well as 3-4 more echos. So if Isaac is to get in as playable those one or two remaining open non echo slots are his only chance of getting into the game. His chances have been diminished but he's still got a decent shot. Note everything I said is speculation but I honestly believe this is where the final two months of the character reveals are headed.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace

Isabelle confirmed too big for Smash. :ultridley:
Pretty much. I studied Business and Marketing and what I can say is that the Character Roster is the USP (Unique Selling Point) of Super Smash Bros. Had it not been for that, the N64 version would never have flung off the shelves and the series would have died long ago.

So what you have are the following types (not actual business terms but easy to understand)

Shadow Hits (aka Surprises): While not popular features/characters, these are the sort consumers will love but don't think of straight away (Simon, Daisy)
Proven Records (aka Shoe-Ins) : These are the features/characters that have already been proven to sell well and therefore would have a following (Inklings, Isabelle)
Gold Mines (aka Highly Requested): These are the features/characters that the consumer desperately wants. They are so big and in demand that even including one of them will sell a lot of units. (Ridley, King K Rool)

Basically, with Smash Bros they have to sell it through the roster. That roster is their marketing. So by including Ridley and King K Rool, they gather the Gold Mines. By bringing in Inklings and Isabelle, you get a nice safety net in case the Gold Mines don't satisfy the majority. And then with the Shadow Drops, you have a pleasant surprise that will cater to the niche as well.

It's a brilliant strategy as this is what leads us to the WTF Characters, Highly Requested Characters and the Surprise Characters

Isabelle thanks to New Leaf falls right into the Proven Records. Like Inklings during the 3DS/Wii U era her game was a huge seller. As a result it's a tested and proven record. Like Pokemon and Splatoon.

When you look at it like that, you realize why Isabelle was in and why it was done during a normal Direct.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isn't it most reasonable to assume that the missing music is an Animal Crossing song?
Not necessarily. Animal Crossing is a weird situation in all honesty. I wasn't saying one thing or another about the music, though, I was just pointing out 140 is music.

It's safe to assume that the final roster size is going to be divisible by 4. Right now with echos included we are at 70 characters, or 73 characters if you choose to included Pokemon Trainer and Wii Fighters as three separate characters. That means that the final roster size is going to be either 76 or 80 characters. Where Isaac and other requested newcomers land is still unknown. But what I do know is that the Mii costumes seems to have a huge influence on this game. Some costumes such as King K Rool, Chrom, and now Isabelle have become playable, while the others have transitioned to assist trophies or will likely end up becoming bosses in the story mode. With that said I truly believe we are getting 3-4 more original fighters with two of them being a Pokemon and a Square rep ala Geno because of my previous point about the Mii Costumes. As well as 3-4 more echos. So if Isaac is to get in as playable those one or two remaining open non echo slots are his only chance of getting into the game. His chances have been diminished but he's still got a decent shot. Note everything I said is speculation but I honestly believe this is where the final two months of the character reveals are headed.
No, no its not. I've already discussed this before as have others, but the that mode is completely inconsistent based on how many players is running it and how many characters you have currently. As such, any logic behind "roster must be divisible by X" because of that mode is complete nonsense. It will NEVER be evenly divisible by all possible options. Its simply not feasible in any way, shape, or form.

I don't want to get carried away. I think the missing blog posts are interesting but they could easily mean nothing. The missing blog posts 120 and 121 from a few weeks back bother me. We still don't know what they were for and who's to say the current missing blog posts aren't the same as them? They don't necessarily point at another character. They could just be more anomalies.

We could just say that the missing blog posts mean a character was cut from the direct because of them being offensive but the more reasonable explanation is that the direct was largely untouched and this was how it was always going to play out.
The Direct was obviously updated. Numerous dates in the Direct were modified to be up-to-date, such as current releases which would not have been current last week, them mentioning Yokai Busters already being out (rather than releasing today), as well as Splatoon 2's update and Torna's dates being changed.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The Direct was obviously updated. Numerous dates in the Direct were modified to be up-to-date, such as current releases which would not have been current last week, them mentioning Yokai Busters already being out (rather than releasing today), as well as Splatoon 2's update and Torna's dates being changed.
Well that's why I said largely untouched, as in I know they changed dates and smaller things like that.

Removing an entire Smash character is a much bigger deal.

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
Not a big fan of this “I am incredibly disappointed in you” shtick.

Yes, there are a few users on here (you know who you are) who have been overly negative and aggressive throughout the past couple months, but let’s not throw out the baby with the bath water. Mostly everyone has been relatively positive. It’s also the hours after a generally “unexciting” smash reveal, and after such a long wait, it can feel a little underwhelming.

I’m sure positive discussion will appear here again very shortly. Remember that it’s okay to be disappointed with something.

That being said, I’d appreciate it if we could be honest with ourselves and acknowledge that we’re all a little bummed that Isaac didn’t get revealed, and realize that disappointment skews your thinking.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Isabelle was a better choice to reveal for the casual audience in a direct like this.

Also I don't think she affects anyone else in any possible way, because she is a semi-clone and a character like her is much easier to do than others. So she doesn't "steal" a spot.
I see her more like a bonus, if I remember correctly Lucas for example was also included, because he was easy to do, simple character model etc.

If Isaac is included it makes more sense to reveal him in a smash direct, with a following explanation video by sakurai, since I'm pretty sure he will have some new and unique mechanics.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I have not commented in the Isaac thread this round. However, there has been a large Isaac movement for pre-Brawl, pre-Smash 4, and now pre-Ultimate. He is the only character left that has had a very large fanbase for the last ten years.

If I may offer some hope. I was a major supporter of Ridley for the last 17 years (if not the preminent supporter of Ridley), and I heavily pushed for Roy's return in Smash Bros. as well. It got REALLY hopeless for both of these characters after Smash 4. Sakurai went on the record to say Ridley was indeed too big and resizing him would "not make him faithful to who Ridley really is" and Roy had to contend with the fact that there was already four Fire Emblem characters in the game (one of which was a Marth clone) and the fact that since so many Brawl veterans got cut, many viewed his return as low priority at that point. Flash forward to nine months later, Roy despite all odds, returns as DLC for Smash 4.

Ridley, a character with the distinction of being turned down three times and then having Sakurai personally pour cold water on the character, managed to somehow be greenlit only a year after Sakurai made his statements regarding Ridley (Sakurai made his statements on Ridley in November 2014 while the first project plan was submitted in December 2015). Ridley made it in despite all odds. I honestly was never expecting him to be added in after Smash 4.

Look at Young Link and Pichu too? I bet their supporters thought that they would never be in another Smash Bros. game, yet here they are now.

K. Rool needed the ballot to make it in. He was a character who had not been in his own series since 2007, and had not made an appearance outside Smash Bros. since 2008. Many thought he was a shoe-in for Smash 4 or its DLC.

Chrom and Dark Samus are also good examples. Chrom was yet another example of a character whom Sakurai poured cold water on (he said the character was too similar to Marth and Ike), and he was kind of a butt monkey in Smash 4 (see the Robin unveil trailer and the Palutena's guidance for Robin). There was also the general fatigue in general for Fire Emblem to the point where it had become the one series where groans can be heard if the topic of newcomers for it comes up. There was also the fact the character was quickly becoming old news in his own series, with Fates, Shadows of Valentia, and now Three Houses being all more current games to the series. Chrom still made it in due to fan demand.

Dark Samus might have the single most incredible story of making it into Smash Bros. of them all. Ridley, a character that had been heavily requested for over 17 years only made it in with this game. Dark Samus's peak popularity was with the pre-Brawl era. Like K. Rool, her last appearance in her own series was all the way back in 2007, and unlike K. Rool, its unlikely she will ever actually be a part of the storyline again. Metroid Prime content in general always left much to be desired, and in Smash 4 in particular the only Prime trilogy content outside a few songs (all either rips or ports from Brawl) was the Assist Trophy of Dark Samus (all the other Metroid content was mostly stuff from Other M, and a few things from Super/Zero Mission). Most of her dedicated fanbase evaporated as Metroid fans tried to circle the wagons to try to get Ridley in. Ironically it might have been due to Sakurai's own statements on Ridley as to why Dark Samus might have done as well on the ballot as she did (Metroid fans might have been broken on Ridley ever happening and voted for Dark Samus instead so that some sort of Metroid villain got in). Despite all odds, Dark Samus made it in.

I am not saying Isaac is going to be in. Heck, there is a good chance Isaac might not even be an Assist Trophy. However, with the Ultimate a lot of the impossible has been made possible. A lot of the conventional wisdom has been shattered. Who would have thought Daisy would make it in as our Mario newcomer over the likes of Toad, Geno, Waluigi, Paper Mario, and Captain Toad?

Just keep expectations low, and you might be surprised. Sakurai's own words in the last dedicated Smash Bros. direct was that there were only a few more fighters left to be unveiled. He has already unveiled K. Rool and Isabelle after this statement. Realistically, there likely is not any more than five fighters left at this point, with there possibly being as little as only three more (one more non-echo and two more echoes).

If Isaac for whatever reason does not make it in as an Assist Trophy or fighter, its not necessarily the end. He could potentially be DLC. Just support the character. However, those who think he is "likely" are setting themselves up for a disappointment. Just support him. Realize the journey is likely going to get you kicked in the face quite a bit along the way. Ridley fans had this extensively. K. Rool fans too. If Isaac is their equal, it is his turn to eat pain.

Now, if those rumors of a Golden Sun remake on 3DS are true. I would absolutely implore Golden Sun fans to purchase the hell out of that game. Do not cry or whine that is on an outdated console or that you hate handhelds. If you truly care about the future of Isaac. The future of Golden Sun and its universe. You would not only buy that game, but you would try your best to get others to play it too. That is absolutely your last chance to save the franchise. Going about thinking you can save the franchise just from memeing Isaac into Smash Bros. is backwards. If Golden Sun's remake does well it puts him in a much better position going forward. Do not. Do not. Do not. Do not. Do not. Do not. Do not. Pirate the game. $40 to support your character and franchise of choice is not a hardship. It is your duty. Words talk. Actions walk.

I myself am sympathetic to Isaac and Golden Sun fans even though I am still not even through the first game in the series (I bought both of the GBA games during the last four years). I hope some day I can appreciate this series like the rest of you. However, you will need to realize that in this journey, the paths and obstacles will not be the same as what others have faced. Everyone has their own journey. Appreciate the strength of others while you cultivate your own. This journey might be over in a few months, or it might take another decade. Keep at it.

There are very few important and iconic Nintendo characters left not yet playable yet in Smash Bros. Dixie Kong, Toad, and maybe Bandanna Dee might be all that is left. Isaac is on the knife edge between being an "all-star" and just a "cult favorite". After Brawl's release, the fanbases of many characters that failed to make it in after Brawl collapsed after a few years. Of the few that did not, they were Ridley, K. Rool, Mega Man, Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and of course Isaac. All of these characters except one is now in.

Isaac stands alone in history AND prestige. Isaac is not Ridley. Isaac is not K. Rool. Isaac is not Roy. Isaac is not Dark Samus. Isaac is not Chrom. He is facing his own unique circumstances against him and his journey is different. However, where all the journey lie as one is the adversity. The downs. The lows. And the blows. You can know things look bleak, but still press forward. Still fight on to the tomorrow. Know that your next destination might not bring you to where you hoped to be. But still press on. Press on. Chanel the dream within and extend it through hope and heart.

If Golden Sun is brought back through a remake, that is where you must absolutely fight. That is your opening. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight. And Give no Respite. You have to buy the game. The game from which my avatar hails (Fire Emblem Thracia 776) was released when the SNES was nine years old, and yet it still ended up being a masterpiece and still to this day one of the best games in the series in my opinion. Kirby's Adventure was released when the Famicom was 10 years old and is widely regarded as one of the platform's foremost masterpieces. A remake/retelling of the series for the 3DS would absolutely be the series's last chance. TAKE IT. RUN WITH IT. FAST. FASTER. EVEN FASTER.

As I told hopeless Roy fans four years ago. Onward. Together we ride.

Isaac for Smash Bros.

May the Sun Shine On
That was a really impressive write up.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. The journey to getting one's favourite character in Smash isn't exactly an easy one, a lot of obstacles will come in between, one has to just persist and not let any disappointments come in the way of the goal. We'll face some ****, but we just have to move past it.

We're the biggest fanbase who still hasn't gotten their due in Smash, we can't just give up because of one tiny setback. It's time to keep walking forward with determination, and to keep supporting our golden boy till the very end! And if a remake on 3DS comes out, I might be disappointed about the choice of the console but I will buy it 100%. Recommend it to all my friends. Hype it up on the net! Everything to make Golden Sun more popular again!

Let's go everyone, this is not the end! The Golden Sun will definitely rise again!

P.S. Is your avatar Ethlyn and Quan? Cause if it is, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. If not, it's still great, but hey I need to be sure xD

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
On another more positive note for Isaac, I didn't really see anything in the direct that looked like it would have been offensive. When Cities Skylines showed up I thought maybe they were going to show off a natural disaster happening but they didn't. Either they cut it out or there was never anything offensive about it in the first place. Even Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Daemon X Machina didn't have anything that looked like it would have caused offense. (they were the main two games I was suspicious of)

Considering the insiders said that it was going to be "very obvious" what the game in question was I do find it strange that it wasn't at all obvious.
I don't think there is anything in Daemon X Machina that is even that offensive - you basically just fly around shooting giant robots. A lot of the environment doesn't look destructible in gameplay at all. As for XC2, it looks like the larger selling point was introducing all of the new blades and characters they'll pack in. I didn't really buy into the whole argument that there's a bunch of cities being destroyed during Torna's events. It could likely be true, but I don't think they'd show that in a trailer but instead leave it up to the player to explore when they play through it.

I don't know much about Cities Skylines but that clip was very short and the game had minimal importance. I guess it could have been this game if there are natural disasters in gameplay.

We'll never really know, but the thing that DID stand out to me was how the entire direct was arranged. It felt a little sloppy, I guess? The tone of the entire Isabelle reveal and new AC trailer was completely off from where it was placed in the video. It's more like it was made to be put at the front of the Switch section or just the beginning of the entire Direct. All the way down to just showing the "AC 2019" logo at the end, it just felt very odd. Because of that, everything else also felt out of place. It's hard for people to get excited for a Luigi's Mansion that will be on the 3DS, yet it was shown first. Later on they built the crescendo of Final Fantasy games for the Switch that led dead ahead into an easy-going life simulator in AC. If that's seriously how it was all planned in the first place, I can't but help scratching my head at that one.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't think there is anything in Daemon X Machina that is even that offensive - you basically just fly around shooting giant robots. A lot of the environment doesn't look destructible in gameplay at all. As for XC2, it looks like the larger selling point was introducing all of the new blades and characters they'll pack in. I didn't really buy into the whole argument that there's a bunch of cities being destroyed during Torna's events. It could likely be true, but I don't think they'd show that in a trailer but instead leave it up to the player to explore when they play through it.

I don't know much about Cities Skylines but that clip was very short and the game had minimal importance. I guess it could have been this game if there are natural disasters in gameplay.

We'll never really know, but the thing that DID stand out to me was how the entire direct was arranged. It felt a little sloppy, I guess? The tone of the entire Isabelle reveal and new AC trailer was completely off from where it was placed in the video. It's more like it was made to be put at the front of the Switch section or just the beginning of the entire Direct. All the way down to just showing the "AC 2019" logo at the end, it just felt very odd. Because of that, everything else also felt out of place. It's hard for people to get excited for a Luigi's Mansion that will be on the 3DS, yet it was shown first. Later on they built the crescendo of Final Fantasy games for the Switch that led dead ahead into an easy-going life simulator in AC. If that's seriously how it was all planned in the first place, I can't but help scratching my head at that one.
Actually, Luigi's Mansion 3 is for Switch.

It just looks THAT unimpressive.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Anyway so this is a bit off topic and out of left field, but if Sakarai really wanted to throw us off guard, he might throw one of those beat em up retro characters into smash ultimate as a DLC surprise. Characters such as Jimmy and Billy Lee from Double Dragon, or a character from Streets of Rage.

It's Just a thought I had after Nintendo revealed that beat em up bundle during the Direct. I mean I could see a character from those series being rather interesting and have a neat move set. Maybe they could be the only character that can switch from different weapons/items on the fly. Also since their games were centered around crowd control fighting maybe they could attack from the front and back at the same time. This would make them have a rather unique set of attacks, as long as they lost a bit of knock back just to be fair. I could see a character like that being pretty fun to play.
Mike Haggar!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still believe Isaac will be revealed in November in the Final Smash Direct. If there's two characters being revealed there I could see him and Geno being the reveals.
To be fair, Nintendo marketed the game poorly. It happens too often with other franchises.

And I would chin up! We aren't done yet. Golden Sun is still alive and will be for four years. Yesterday I posted which franchises have no future and they were F-Zero, (Advance) Wars and Wario (Land). And the difference between them and Golden Sun is 4+ years.

We still have hope!
How does those series have no future and Golden Sun does? GS has been dead for about the same time as some of them.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
can nintendo market its other games and not just Smash?

You ask that as if it's a hard question.

I still believe Isaac will be revealed in November in the Final Smash Direct. If there's two characters being revealed there I could see him and Geno being the reveals.

How does those series have no future and Golden Sun does? GS has been dead for about the same time as some of them.
F-Zero has been dead for 13 years.

Simply put. It has "ZERO" Chance of coming back.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord

They really mishandled the series (Advance Wars)... in their own country. Its baffling.

Late releases for EVERY non Famicom entry in the series. It makes no sense.

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I think they ment this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRuHg1dv8MI

Go to the following timeframe: 22:07 +-

"You got some real moving and shaking to do!"

Pretty sure they ment that.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
You ask that as if it's a hard question.

F-Zero has been dead for 13 years.

Simply put. It has "ZERO" Chance of coming back.
They really mishandled the series (Advance Wars)... in their own country. Its baffling.

Late releases for EVERY non Famicom entry in the series. It makes no sense.
Pretty much the reasons why. While Golden Sun is definitely being treated poorly, it is still in some vein alive. Whereas Wario(land)'s last release was in 2008, (Advance) Wars was in 2008 and F-Zero was in 2004. Whereas Golden Sun was in 2010. And that series had an 8 year absence

Golden Sun's problem (and Wars) is that their developers are always too busy with other titles (Tennis/Golf and Fire Emblem respectively). Whereas F-Zero and Wario have had many developers. If Camelot had some time, I'm sure they would have a new title in the series

I wouldn't say Golden Sun is thriving and well however

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Mod note: going into discussion threads and trolling after a character confirmation is in poor taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Except Vergeben said that Minecraft content was in the game....and whether it's Steve or Banjo & Kazooie I don't really see them making a deal with Microsoft and not getting a character out of it.

I'm hoping Sakurai announces his plans for dlc in the November direct, he did say he plans to reveal the "designs" of every character before release. I'm thinking this could be the form it'll take. If what I'm thinking happens then we'll probably get renders of all of the planned dlc characters in the final Smash direct. So even if Isaac doesn't make it on to the base roster, maybe we'll still know his fate before release.

(trolling)
You're no better. Don't you have anything better to do other than trying to antagonize people?

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I said this before, but I really think people underestimated Isabelle’s chances as a unique newcomer. Before echoes were even a thing that we knew about, she was already one of the most discussed characters on this board, being such a huge icon of Animal Crossing, and becoming one of Nintendo’s most recognizable faces. People have always wanted Isabelle.

Shadow and Ken on the other hand, especially Ken, had virtually no support before echoes were announced. Hell, I saw a lot more people discussing Knuckles and Tails, and Chun-Li and Akuma, than Shadow and Ken. People specifically want them to be added as echoes. Isabelle however, has been a huge request for far longer and the clear next in line for Animal Crossing (rip my boy Tom Nook), and like I’ve said tons of times on here already, she is the face of Animal Crossing. A very very important, high selling, critically acclaimed Nintendo series. I mean when you look at it, she’s on a level that characters like Isaac and Geno can only dream of.

Her inclusion was inevitable. And there are tons of reasons for her to be added as a unique. Whether she was conceptualized before echoes were considered, or they decided later on that she would fit better as a semi-clone. Regardless, she is incredibly deserving.

People always want to go to the extremes when stuff like this happens, just because something we expected didn’t quite exactly happen the way we anticipated, suddenly “all bets are off!” This is like when they added Cloud and people reacted with “I guess any third party character is possible now” comparing him to characters like Master Chief and Nathan Drake, even though Cloud’s circumstances were always very different. Just because Isabelle is in, doesn’t mean that any echo is suddenly a fan favorite, unique character that we have to worry about.

TL;DR relax basically. And stop throwing away logic, just because something you personally expected to happen didn’t happen.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
(mod edit: complaining about complaining)
-.-

If you think this place is too negative...

Leave.

In fact, let's all leave. Since we don't have much to discuss for the many days in which we probably won't have any reveals, since we exhausted all the topics before the reveal of the direct.

And no, I haven't seen any other website be really positive about Isaac's chances at this point. And since we have nothing positive to say, let's just do other things.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
-.-

If you think this place is too negative...

Leave.

In fact, let's all leave. Since we don't have much to discuss for the many days in which we probably won't have any reveals, since we exhausted all the topics before the reveal of the direct.

And no, I haven't seen any other website be really positive about Isaac's chances at this point. And since we have nothing positive to say, let's just do other things.
By all means, go ahead and leave, come back when you have something more positive to say, Xeno. No ones forcing you to stick around.

It’s one thing to be realistic. It’s another to be a total stick in the mud. I’m just as disappointed as everyone else that it wasn’t Isaac’s time, but I’m not gonna stop supporting him. And I’m sure as hell not gonna bring down the mood in the process.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The fight isn't over yet, there is still time.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. aldelaro5
  13. alguidrag
  14. Akod
  15. Altais
  16. Amberloo
  17. Amtoj
  18. AncientArk
  19. andimidna
  20. Androobie
  21. Aeon Lupin
  22. Apollyon
  23. Aqua Rock X
  24. AquaDork1
  25. AquaSol
  26. Arcadenik
  27. Arsenal234,
  28. Arteen
  29. Asian_Charizard
  30. Astraltar
  31. Aureola
  32. Aurora Jenny
  33. AustarusIV
  34. AwesomeCauliflower68
  35. Awesomedude444
  36. Backgammon
  37. Baddies are back
  38. Balgorxz
  39. BandannaWaddleDee
  40. Bane84
  41. Banjodorf
  42. bassem6
  43. Bassoonist
  44. Billybae10K
  45. BillyBat
  46. Bingoshi
  47. Bkupa666
  48. Blackwolf666
  49. Blaziken
  50. Blue7113
  51. BluePikmin11
  52. BoltDragon
  53. BoN~
  54. Bowser-Daimao
  55. BravadoMan_13
  56. BridgesWithTurtles
  57. Brother AJ
  58. Browny
  59. Buddy002
  60. Bunny8093
  61. BUnit
  62. Burruni
  63. Calamitas
  64. Calane
  65. CactusBlah
  66. candyissweet
  67. Capita
  68. Cap'nChreest
  69. Captain Toad
  70. CardStealer1
  71. Cazzone,
  72. Chapter Serf
  73. CheckmateChuck
  74. CheeseBroJoe
  75. Cheezey Bites
  76. Chromfirmed
  77. Chrono.
  78. ChronoPenguin
  79. clearandsweet
  80. ClinkStryphart
  81. CliffJumper
  82. Clumsyzephyr
  83. cocy965
  84. Cos.
  85. Coaltergeist
  86. Confirmation
  87. Crap-Zapper
  88. CrossDispatcher
  89. cybersai
  90. Dalek_Kolt
  91. Darkdarkness
  92. Darkfur
  93. DatoSm
  94. Delta64
  95. Demonfunds
  96. Dendros
  97. Desert Croc
  98. Destroyer713
  99. Dezeray112
  100. Dhragen
  101. Diddy Kong
  102. Dihan
  103. Dimensionsword64
  104. Dionaea_floridensis
  105. DivinexRose
  106. DJ3DS
  107. DJBor
  108. D-Man9293
  109. DMurr
  110. DogManStar
  111. DoodleDuck97
  112. Doncalot
  113. DraginHikari
  114. Drakonis
  115. DrJayfox
  116. Dromader
  117. DukeNapoleon
  118. DustyPumpkin
  119. Dyllybirdy
  120. e105beta
  121. Eagle
  122. EclairSpark
  123. EclipseSmash
  124. EddyBearr
  125. ED Cantu
  126. Edlocke
  127. egaddmario
  128. ElPanandero
  129. El Syd
  130. EndlessChrom
  131. EndlessRain
  132. EnhaloTricks
  133. EricTheGamerman
  134. Essora
  135. ETFruitNinja
  136. ethanrodgers223
  137. Ezequileste
  138. Falgor
  139. Falkoopa
  140. False Sense
  141. FamiconDisk
  142. Felix_the_Slayer
  143. fenyx4
  144. ferioku
  145. Fire Rider
  146. Fire Tactician
  147. Fire_Voyager
  148. FirstBlade
  149. Flamel
  150. Flamingbird
  151. Flareon
  152. Flarzo
  153. Flik
  154. Flintike
  155. Flynn.Scifo
  156. fogbadge.
  157. foolssigma
  158. FrankAL
  159. FreddyOnDrugs
  160. Friesnchip
  161. Frosty Pops
  162. GalacticPetey
  163. Gameguy1996
  164. Gazorpazorpfield
  165. Geassguy
  166. gebi
  167. Geno Boost
  168. ghastmine
  169. Ghirahilda
  170. Gioka
  171. GladiusVortex
  172. GM_3826
  173. GoldenBoy01
  174. Golden Icarus
  175. GoldenSunIsAlive
  176. GoodGrief741
  177. Gotann
  178. GraveEclipse567
  179. gspindles
  180. Gurein
  181. Hakerson
  182. heylodom
  183. Holdenon
  184. hustler713
  185. Huanchi
  186. hwrdjacob
  187. iam8bit
  188. Icana
  189. iDazedX_x
  190. Inawordyes
  191. IntelliHeath1
  192. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  193. isaac3000
  194. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  195. Isaac for Smash Pls
  196. IsaacOrRiot
  197. Isaac: Venus Adept
  198. Istry555
  199. ItsRainingGravy
  200. ItsYio
  201. IvanQuote
  202. JaidynReiman
  203. Jak_spoon
  204. JamesDNaux
  205. James Tutumbero
  206. Jamurai
  207. JarBear
  208. Jclubsandwich
  209. JDogindy
  210. JesseMcCloud
  211. Johnknight1
  212. JohnnySparkxs
  213. Jupiter Ivan
  214. Jurae818
  215. Just a random scrub
  216. jweb22
  217. Kalaam
  218. Kalomaze
  219. KCCHIEFS27
  220. KeniththeGatherer
  221. KeybladeSmasher
  222. KHJason95
  223. Kikaru
  224. Kind Dedede
  225. KingCloud
  226. KingShadow
  227. KiraYoshikage
  228. KirbyDragon
  229. Kirbyfan391
  230. Kisae
  231. Klimax
  232. KMDP
  233. KoalaNut
  234. Kokirikory
  235. Koori
  236. Kremling Man
  237. Kumatora
  238. KurouKamen
  239. Kycse
  240. Lady Palutena
  241. Lampy
  242. LaniusShrike
  243. lanky_gunner
  244. LasermasterA
  245. Leafeon523
  246. LeeYawshee
  247. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  248. LegendOfDragoon
  249. legendofrob1
  250. LemmyKoopa
  251. lexpic17
  252. lightdasher
  253. LightheartedBum
  254. Lightosia
  255. Linq
  256. Lisbon Mapping
  257. littl-myth
  258. Liverpool19
  259. LoboRundas
  260. Lone (Thirteenth)
  261. Lonodel
  262. Lord-Zero
  263. Lucanic
  264. Lucimar
  265. Ludjinnado
  266. Luigifan18
  267. lunarum
  268. Lukingordex
  269. Lurxy
  270. Lynn Eslie
  271. M23-X0
  272. MacSmitty
  273. MagiusNecros
  274. MAGMIS
  275. MainJPW
  276. Malcolm Belmont
  277. MaskO'Gears
  278. Master Rapier
  279. MasterMushroom
  280. Mav485
  281. McLapras
  282. Mega Bidoof
  283. Mendelsin
  284. MetalMario128
  285. Metocles
  286. Midnight Torch
  287. Miifighters4Smash5
  288. Minato Arisato
  289. Mikegamer0608
  290. Mishudo
  291. Monkokaio
  292. MonopolyRubix
  293. MorbidAltruism
  294. Moydow
  295. MrGame&Rock
  296. MrMacBeth
  297. MrToxicVoltage
  298. Muirkat
  299. Mythzotick
  300. mynameisv
  301. MysticKnives
  302. N1N
  303. N3ON
  304. Nauzgo
  305. Neo Zero
  306. NessAtc.
  307. Niala
  308. Nimbostratus
  309. Ninjakid41592
  310. Nintandy
  311. Nintendokusou
  312. NitrusVirus
  313. NonSpecificGuy
  314. NoOtherPersona
  315. NoR4U
  316. Nossnitro102
  317. Octillus
  318. Oddyesy
  319. oh.glory
  320. OhMyBanana54
  321. Olo
  322. Onassi2
  323. Oniric Spriter
  324. OpticalBlast
  325. OptimisticStrifer
  326. Oracle_Summon
  327. Organization XIII
  328. osby
  329. otarolgam
  330. Oz37
  331. Pacack
  332. Papagenos
  333. ParanoidDrone
  334. Pcubed007
  335. Pennate
  336. Phaazoid
  337. PhilosophicAnimal
  338. pholtos
  339. Pizza Robo
  340. P.Kat
  341. Plain Yogurt
  342. Playcube
  343. PlayfulMushroom
  344. POKEMANSPIKA
  345. Powerman293
  346. praline
  347. psb123
  348. PSIguy89
  349. PSYNergy
  350. PrinceGal3n
  351. PurpleStuff5
  352. PWN3
  353. Pwnapplez
  354. Pyzlnar
  355. QcSlayer
  356. Q-Long
  357. Quetzal77
  358. R.O.B.
  359. Radical Beam
  360. Radori
  361. Raetah
  362. Rafuki21
  363. Raykz
  364. Raziek
  365. Red Dasher
  366. Red Ryu
  367. RegiGygas117
  368. RenH
  369. Replica
  370. Retroen
  371. RetroMetalSonic
  372. RhymeswithEmpty
  373. Roger Smith
  374. RosaPeach
  375. Royaru
  376. Royvolution Ream
  377. RumpletrellskiN
  378. Ryan
  379. Ryuji
  380. Ryuutakeshi
  381. Sabrewulf238
  382. Saer2k
  383. Sagittarius
  384. Salocin
  385. sandfall
  386. SanicJan
  387. Sari
  388. Scatmansworld25
  389. Scoliosis Jones
  390. scoobymcsnack
  391. Seb9k+
  392. SebasSancy
  393. Secret Sexytime
  394. Seleir
  395. Seoxys
  396. Sephazon
  397. Shawnullah
  398. sheik93
  399. shellshocker18
  400. Shin F.
  401. Shinhed-echi
  402. Shog
  403. Sidboylol
  404. Silo777
  405. SirCamp
  406. Skeleton o' Fun
  407. SkullKidKing
  408. Skyblade12
  409. Skyfox2000
  410. sman3975
  411. Smash_Handle69
  412. SmashBro99
  413. smashkirby
  414. Smashmar2
  415. SmashShadow
  416. smashtriforce77
  417. smileMasky
  418. SmilingMad
  419. SMX
  420. Solbliminal
  421. Solfiner
  422. someonetookjacob
  423. SonicLink125
  424. SonicSmasher
  425. SoraSaturn
  426. Sordim522
  427. SorrowOfAcheron
  428. SoulofKhaos
  429. Soulsaint
  430. SoupCanMafia
  431. Sparkus
  432. Spatman
  433. Spazzy_D
  434. Speedwagon
  435. spoilerowl
  436. Spootondorf
  437. Sqid
  438. SSBFan
  439. Staarih
  440. StaffofSmashing
  441. Strider_Bond00J
  442. StrikeBlade
  443. SuperBrawler
  444. Superfiremario
  445. SuperNintendoKid
  446. Supersmash77
  447. Superyoshiom
  448. Swampasaur
  449. Sykin
  450. Takasmash
  451. tamagone
  452. TappyBat
  453. TBone06
  454. tbuster766
  455. TCT~Phantom
  456. TeamFlareZakk
  457. Techno1000
  458. TeenGirlSquad
  459. TehEpicRyuga
  460. TempestSurge
  461. Tetiro
  462. ThatShadowLink
  463. THE 6r
  464. The Curious Volnutt
  465. The One Who Wrote This
  466. Thekewlusername
  467. T-Hell
  468. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  469. TheSeanMan
  470. TheSpaceKing
  471. The Stoopid Unikorn
  472. TheTactician
  473. THE TemporaryFool
  474. thethirdkoopa
  475. TheZoologist
  476. ThirdDay
  477. ThoughtfulWanderer
  478. ThunderOverload
  479. TiaSilvia
  480. TimeSmash
  481. Tinfoil
  482. Tiymako
  483. ToothiestAura
  484. topspin1617
  485. Travix Man
  486. TreeBranch
  487. True Blue Warrior
  488. Turmalinium
  489. tveye
  490. tyrus+
  491. UltimateWario
  492. Ultinarok
  493. Undella2
  494. User Name String
  495. UtopianPoyzin
  496. Vann Accessible
  497. Vegito2727
  498. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  499. Vintage Creep
  500. Violenceman
  501. walph
  502. warelander
  503. Warheart_666
  504. Wigglytuff ★
  505. winterofsilver
  506. Wintropy
  507. WhiteEaglePL
  508. Xelion
  509. Xenigma
  510. XenoWarriorX
  511. XeVioN
  512. Xiivi
  513. xLemmy_KoopaX
  514. xpnc
  515. XTremeGamer1234
  516. XxLtxX
  517. Yangfly Leone
  518. YellowLord
  519. Yggdra
  520. Yoh
  521. Yoshi444
  522. YoshiandToad
  523. Young Horsetail
  524. Your Hero
  525. Ypsen
  526. Yuki Setsuna
  527. Yusa
  528. YwhaletailY
  529. Zabadoo
  530. zagman505
  531. zaiman12345
  532. Zalaresh
  533. Zandro
  534. ZanZero
  535. ZarroTsu
  536. ZeldaMaster
  537. ZelDan
  538. ZestyÑ
  539. zferolie
  540. zmero_
  541. Zulyar
  542. Zuppo

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
By all means, go ahead and leave, come back when you have something more positive to say, Xeno. No ones forcing you to stick around.

It’s one thing to be realistic. It’s another to be a total stick in the mud. I’m just as disappointed as everyone else that it wasn’t Isaac’s time, but I’m not gonna stop supporting him. And I’m sure as hell not gonna bring down the mood in the process.

I think being a stick in the mud and being realistic is one of the same when it comes to GS.

But hey. I'll leave. I'm not important to this. It's not like my negativity has done anything but sour people's mood.

link2702

Smash Champion
Hey what do y’all on the Isaac board think the chance for a smash focus direct at the end of the month or very start of October is?

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Hey what do y’all on the Isaac board think the chance for a smash focus direct at the end of the month or very start of October is?
I think there is going to be a November Direct for sure which makes October so iffy

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well I was expecting a Smash direct to occur in November.

I'm not really sure what kind of announcement we'll get in October, I was thinking it would be some kind of trailer drop though. (I think it'll probably be Incineroar)

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I guess it will take place very likely around mid october and a Demo, Spirits Mode, Isaac and Skull Kid will get announced.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Well I ran statistics and they are quite accurate on a few things

October itself, it is somewhat likely with the following UK dates as potentials.

Tuesday: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
Thursday: 4th, 11th, 18th (less likely)

However November is that sweet spot for Directs. Give me five minutes and I'll pop the dates here too

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Hard to say. My gut says the next big Smash Direct will be early to mid November. Being used as a means to push sales for the holidays. As much as I want it October, it makes more sense in November.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
What did you wish they explored more in Golden Sun?

For me it was Xian / Fuchin Temple, most notably the chi stuff. Martial Artists mention that chi comes from a force/energy from within the body (which is why they do a lot of physical conditioning and meditation), while the magic adepts used are drawn from outside forces, like water, grass, electricity, gravity, etc.

I think it makes the monks look badass, cause they weren't born with adept magic, yet they trained themselves to be able to do things like Force. I was disappointed Dark Dawn had no such character. Martial Artists are usually pretty cool in JRPGs too... like Yang from FF4 or Regal from ToS. cause they literally just punch and kick dragons and such.

Well I was expecting a Smash direct to occur in November.

I'm not really sure what kind of announcement we'll get in October, I was thinking it would be some kind of trailer drop though. (I think it'll probably be Incineroar)
I tried to look for a trailer hint in the Isabelle trailer but couldn't find anything.

Top Bottom