• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ZelDan

Smash Master
He was in Captain Falcon's Classic Mode.
So mii costume characters will be in Classic. Interesting.

Classic mode in Ultimate is already sounding way better than Smash 4's s***ty classic mode. Now hopefully in Ultimate we won't have to worry about any matches where the enemy team AI is godlike and awesome but your partner AI was dropped on the head as a child several times.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Classic mode in Ultimate is already sounding way better than Smash 4's s***ty classic mode.
It was only **** in the Wii U game. 3DS's is the best, but I do like this take on classic mode as well.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
this is pathetic lmao
Psh! Not as pathetic as how some people waste their life trying to insult and rile up other people online.

Back on topic, I would not be opposed if they wanted to use Isaac and gave him Matthew's outfit as an alternate costume. Cause that would be pretty awesome.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Any of you going to have a Smash 4 tournament for the midnight release of Ultimate? Like at a GameStop for example? I'm going to help host one in my area and I just had a cool idea. We can have/wear Golden Sun merch or T-shirts or hoodies (either home made or official if they still exist) present during the tournament to publicize it or the like. Showing that Golden Sun is still alive and we will not stop the rising of it.

Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept This could be a fun thing we Adepts can do. The more we keep GS in the public eye, the better!

I'm planning to do a t-shirt that will have the Dark Dawn symbol (because I like that one the best) and wear it at the tournament I'm helping out. I think it will be a fun thing to do.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
In a way, WOL is like a Smash Bros take on Dyna Blade, seeing as both have world maps and start with an antagonist with wings cutting a swath of devastation in their wake.
I love when Smash Bros. single player is basically Kirby. I’m hoping someday we get a The Great Cave Offensive-style Metroidvania.

Or just SSE back, that works better.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Any of you going to have a Smash 4 tournament for the midnight release of Ultimate? Like at a GameStop for example? I'm going to help host one in my area and I just had a cool idea. We can have/wear Golden Sun merch or T-shirts or hoodies (either home made or official if they still exist) present during the tournament to publicize it or the like. Showing that Golden Sun is still alive and we will not stop the rising of it.

Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept This could be a fun thing we Adepts can do. The more we keep GS in the public eye, the better!

I'm planning to do a t-shirt that will have the Dark Dawn symbol (because I like that one the best) and wear it at the tournament I'm helping out. I think it will be a fun thing to do.
I bought a ticket for a tournament in Canada - I don't live there but I'll be visiting my sister. I'll see if I can't have some Golden Sun cap shirt or something or other for the occasion.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
ugh, just saw that trolls response to my old post.

I won’t quote him, all I have to say is if it’s wrong and pathetic to want to bring back a franchise you hold dear, then so be it. I’ll be the most pathetic sack of **** in the world if that’s what it takes lol.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by "trademark for RARE that was filed by Nintendo"?

The only thing I can think of you might be arguing is that it was the King K. Rool trademark. Which wasn't a registered trademark. Unregistered trademarks are still viable, but registered trademarks give them more legal backing.

Basically, there's two symbols. Registered trademark is ® while unregistered trademark is ™, though the latter (™) can also be used for registered trademarks as well. Registered trademarks are just more "official" and are easier to back.

They marked King K. Rool, Tiny Kong, Chunky Kong, Cranky Kong, and Lanky Kong (maybe even Dixie Kong) all as unregistered trademarks for the DK virtual console games. Unregistered trademarks are still viable, but again, they don't have as much legal backing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unregistered_trademark

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Donkey Kong Jr. were the only DK characters to have registered trademarks until this year, where they officially registered Cranky Kong and Dixie Kong.

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/06/19/donkey-kong-trademarks/

The King K. Rool trademark was notable in that Nintendo was acknowledging and claiming that they owned the character and name, something he hadn't gotten any recognition for in years. But it wasn't anything that implied anything immediate. They were only included in Virtual Console game descriptions, after all.

Its funny how Eliwood never gets any respect. Eliwood's the main character, but Lyn and Hector are far more popular. Lyn is the second most popular FE character in the series after Ike (yes he IS more popular, combine his votes between PoR and RD and he's high above her). Hector is also incredibly popular even though he's the least important of the three story-wise in the game (Lyn having the opening chapters, Eliwood the rest of the game, and Hector just getting his own separate path).

With how popular Lyn is, I can also see Nintendo and IS pushing hard to try and get her in.
Ah, well to be more clear I should have just said the trademark filed for King K. Rool prior to his Mii fighter costume.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ah, well to be more clear I should have just said the trademark filed for King K. Rool prior to his Mii fighter costume.
Ok, thanks. That's what I assumed you meant, so that's why I wanted to make sure I made a correction. Trust me, if it was registered, we would've freaked out far more than we did. I believe I was the first one to point out the trademarks, but some people overreacted and thought it was an actual registered trademark, which it wasn't. It was just Nintendo laying claim to those names, but they hadn't put more legal backing behind any of them at that point in time.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
One thing seems to be sure for now: assist trophies are also spirits. Some of them got spotted, like Thwomp, Ashley or Knuckles.

Thus Isaac is also a spirit.
Well, it certainly follows that that would be the case, but we can't be 100% sure until we see it.
it's fair to assume he has a spirit, but we shouldn't be saying he has one until we know for certain he does.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Well, it certainly follows that that would be the case, but we can't be 100% sure until we see it.
it's fair to assume he has a spirit, but we shouldn't be saying he has one until we know for certain he does.
Being an assist it would logically follow that he is also a spirit but if he doesn't...something strange....is going on...

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Ive been thinking again, and I think I might have an answer to why only Isaac was held to be shown as an assist until the last direct. It might be possible that, when it was decided Isaac would be DLC, they moved his assist to the very last direct. Why would they do this? Because this is when DLC was announced. They could’ve wanted to make sure Isaac fans knew DLC was on the way when his assist is shown. That might be why he’s the only major ballot character to be shown as an assist there, because he was meant to be revealed much earlier but got pushed back.

That brings me to the Rathalos Tweet. An often forgotten detail of the Rathalos tweet is that there’s a list of assists on the side of the image. This image was posted right after the August direct. Could it be possible that this was not only saying Isaac would be DLC, but saying he’d be an assist as well? I think it’s possible that Isaac was meant to be shown in the August direct, but the decision that he’d be DLC was made so they pushed his assist back, and Sakurai felt the need to post this image. And what happened just two weeks later? The trademark renewal. I think it’s likely some sort of decision was made regarding Isaac’s fate, because a new game was greenlit.

B0875054-BF2D-4644-9479-544FDF794F62.jpeg

And the plot thickens.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Ive been thinking again, and I think I might have an answer to why only Isaac was held to be shown as an assist until the last direct. It might be possible that, when it was decided Isaac would be DLC, they moved his assist to the very last direct. Why would they do this? Because this is when DLC was announced. They could’ve wanted to make sure Isaac fans knew DLC was on the way when his assist is shown. That might be why he’s the only major ballot character to be shown as an assist there, because he was meant to be revealed much earlier but got pushed back.

That brings me to the Rathalos Tweet. An often forgotten detail of the Rathalos tweet is that there’s a list of assists on the side of the image. This image was posted right after the August direct. Could it be possible that this was not only saying Isaac would be DLC, but saying he’d be an assist as well? I think it’s possible that Isaac was meant to be shown in the August direct, but the decision that he’d be DLC was made so they pushed his assist back, and Sakurai felt the need to post this image. And what happened just two weeks later? The trademark renewal. I think it’s likely some sort of decision was made regarding Isaac’s fate, because a new game was greenlit.

View attachment 178800

And the plot thickens.
Not the only major ballot character though. You also have Shadow and (to a lesser extent) the FE Black Knight. That aside, I'll be that guy - it's also possible they kept these characters for the DLC direct to keep up the hype.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace

View attachment 178800

And the plot thickens.
It still makes no sense to me why they would show his assist trophy knowing full well that a majority of the fanbase claims they de confirm the character from ever getting in the roster for that game. It’s also weird how not only him but shadow was held back for that final reveal. Let’s not even get started on the whole Waluigi fiasco. Also even that trademark isn’t necessarily registered so it may not hold the same weight the K. Rool one did. I’m sorry for being pessimistic but that’s what bothers me about the whole theory.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
It still makes no sense to me why they would show his assist trophy knowing full well that a majority of the fanbase claims they de confirm the character from ever getting in the roster for that game. It’s also weird how not only him but shadow was held back for that final reveal. Let’s not even get started on the whole Waluigi fiasco. Also even that trademark isn’t necessarily registered so it may not hold the same weight the K. Rool one did. I’m sorry for being pessimistic but that’s what bothers me about the whole theory.
Want to know another strange thing? Isaac is considered a brand new AT. Not a returning one. Like, what?!?

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I will say Shadow is a bit of a different case as he was speculated mainly as an Echo. Demand for him didn't explode until Echoes were confirmed to be a thing, so it's more likely that Nintendo wasn't as aware of his popularity. Shadow also wasn't as major of a player as characters like Isaac on the ballot.

Of course, none of this is to say that Shadow isn't popular; he definitely is. But the reasons for him being shown late are Mich different than Isaac.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Not the only major ballot character though. You also have Shadow and (to a lesser extent) the FE Black Knight. That aside, I'll be that guy - it's also possible they kept these characters for the DLC direct to keep up the hype.
Here’s the thing about that. I don’t mean to say that Shadow and Black Knight aren’t popular, but let’s take a look at that exit poll for a second.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=0

It’s almost like a ladder, isn’t it? Assuming this is somewhat accurate, Shadow placed 44th and Black Knight isn’t even on it. Notice that almost all the characters shown as assist trophies before Shadow were also before Shadow on the exit poll. It’s almost like the more popular you are, The earlier you’re shown.

Who is that one exception?

Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Here’s the thing about that. I don’t mean to say that Shadow and Black Knight aren’t popular, but let’s take a look at that exit poll for a second.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=0

It’s almost like a ladder, isn’t it? Assuming this is somewhat accurate, Shadow placed 44th and Black Knight isn’t even on it. Notice that almost all the characters shown as assist trophies before Shadow were also before Shadow on the exit poll. It’s almost like the more popular you are, The earlier you’re shown.

Who is that one exception?

Isaac.
Shadow was only a popular talking point because of Echo Fighters, he hadn't shown up yet, and because of Knuckles. All good points, of course. But it wasn't because he was a more popular request in general compared to the others.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

I am designing a Golden Sun ugly sweater! ( I love designing ugly sweaters) if anyone would be into that, I am making one for me, but I could print more ~

I also made this sketch for an enamel pin, since some of you voiced out you would like one. Please tell me your thoughts. The darker yellow would be gold in the finished piece, but I don't know if light yellow or black for the sun's details, I also chose some moves to represent each psynergy type but this is not definite, they can be changed or removed. Do let me know what you think, please!

Edit: Wording

Attachments

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Sounds like an awesome idea. Sadly I don't live in the US so I can't get involved but I wish you the best of luck

D

Deleted member

You guys... I'd really wane away from Spirits being deconfirmation. Spirits are by far not deconfirmation, saying that Spirits are deconfirmation is like saying Mewtwo's trophy in Sm4sh was a deconfirmation. If an Isaac spirit is found, don't lose hope! Also, an Isaac spirit would technically be less damning against him then the AT lol

ZelDan

Smash Master
You guys... I'd really wane away from Spirits being deconfirmation. Spirits are by far not deconfirmation, saying that Spirits are deconfirmation is like saying Mewtwo's trophy in Sm4sh was a deconfirmation. If an Isaac spirit is found, don't lose hope! Also, an Isaac spirit would technically be less damning against him then the AT lol
I haven't really fully joined the Spirits deconfirm/don't deconfirm sides myself. I just thought it'd be weird if Isaac didn't get a spirit when other GS characters and assist trophies did. (though it's likely we just haven't seen Isaac's yet)

In the (admittedly tiny) chance there's no Isaac spirit, that would be suspiscious

If there is one and it just hasn't then shown yet, then that wouldn't really be damning (or any more damning than his AT status anyways).

Really, to me it's just an interesting thing to keep track of.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I haven't really fully joined the Spirits deconfirm/don't deconfirm sides myself. I just thought it'd be weird if Isaac didn't get a spirit when other GS characters and assist trophies did. (though it's likely we just haven't seen Isaac's yet)

In the (admittedly tiny) chance there's no Isaac spirit, that would be suspiscious

If there is one and it just hasn't then shown yet, then that wouldn't really be damning (or any more damning than his AT status anyways).

Really, to me it's just an interesting thing to keep track of.
It's not that an Isaac spirit would be damning, it's that the lack of one at all would be extremely obvious

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The idea is that Isaac not getting a spirit probably means they really did put him in as an AT literally last minute. As late as possible. There's about a 95% chance he has a spirit, but it is weird as hell we haven't seen it yet.

If he does have one, no big deal. An AT is likely worse anyway. But not having one means he was added so late that he likely wasn't planned to be an AT at all (and given Matthew and Felix do have spirits, it probably would mean Isaac was planned to be playable but didn't make it and is likely DLC).

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Isaac not a spirit,
That would be a great timeline, finger cross.

Last edited:

Zeldatwo

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post; flaming
You people are so, so delusional. Did you really think Isaac was "the second most popular character worldwide"? My god. How pathetic. He's a generic anime sword boy from a dead 20 year old jrpg nobody knows about

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Okay so couple of things here.

1. Ignore the troll. Don’t bother responding to him. Just put him on ignore.

2. Is the only song we know of so far that Brawl remix shown with Isaac’s AT? If so that’s a little disappointing. It hasn’t changed at all has it? I mean I guess we wouldn’t know if there are anymore GS songs until the game releases.

Top Bottom