• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do you remember what the trademark for RARE that was filed by Nintendo was for? I remember many thought that it meant K Rool would be in smash wii u, but he ended up only as a costume of sorts. Then comes smash ultimate and King K Rool becomes a fighter. I really think that there may be a chance that Isaac could be in the works hypothetically speaking if the trademark is filed in the same vein, where it doesn't mean he wasn't meant to be a fighter at base. Rather it could point to him being worked on later, which I think SonicLink125 SonicLink125 made a good point about.
What do you mean by "trademark for RARE that was filed by Nintendo"?

The only thing I can think of you might be arguing is that it was the King K. Rool trademark. Which wasn't a registered trademark. Unregistered trademarks are still viable, but registered trademarks give them more legal backing.

Basically, there's two symbols. Registered trademark is ® while unregistered trademark is ™, though the latter (™) can also be used for registered trademarks as well. Registered trademarks are just more "official" and are easier to back.

They marked King K. Rool, Tiny Kong, Chunky Kong, Cranky Kong, and Lanky Kong (maybe even Dixie Kong) all as unregistered trademarks for the DK virtual console games. Unregistered trademarks are still viable, but again, they don't have as much legal backing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unregistered_trademark

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Donkey Kong Jr. were the only DK characters to have registered trademarks until this year, where they officially registered Cranky Kong and Dixie Kong.

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/06/19/donkey-kong-trademarks/

The King K. Rool trademark was notable in that Nintendo was acknowledging and claiming that they owned the character and name, something he hadn't gotten any recognition for in years. But it wasn't anything that implied anything immediate. They were only included in Virtual Console game descriptions, after all.

I love them both as well. But it would be weird for me to see them before Lyn. For me, at least, it would be almost like getting Matthew instead of Isaac (although not quite to that level). Lyn's the one Western fans fell in love with first.
Its funny how Eliwood never gets any respect. Eliwood's the main character, but Lyn and Hector are far more popular. Lyn is the second most popular FE character in the series after Ike (yes he IS more popular, combine his votes between PoR and RD and he's high above her). Hector is also incredibly popular even though he's the least important of the three story-wise in the game (Lyn having the opening chapters, Eliwood the rest of the game, and Hector just getting his own separate path).

With how popular Lyn is, I can also see Nintendo and IS pushing hard to try and get her in.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh Jigglypuff’s farts where do I even begin? *sniff* What a pungent odor these delicious farts give off. A rancid smell only the finest of noses can truly appreciate. May I take another whiff of your fart my queen? Thank you my lord. Ahhhh *deep whiff* stinky. I am truly blessed.
Could you please do something other than make fun of Isaac supporters in the Isaac thread?

I just don't see the need for this type of behavior.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Its funny how Eliwood never gets any respect. Eliwood's the main character, but Lyn and Hector are far more popular. Lyn is the second most popular FE character in the series after Ike (yes he IS more popular, combine his votes between PoR and RD and he's high above her). Hector is also incredibly popular even though he's the least important of the three story-wise in the game (Lyn having the opening chapters, Eliwood the rest of the game, and Hector just getting his own separate path).

With how popular Lyn is, I can also see Nintendo and IS pushing hard to try and get her in.
Yeah Eliwood got the short end of the stick lol. Even the characters you're allowed to ship him with are more popular than him. Idk why that is; maybe it's because Eliwood is very similar to the "typical" FE lord as a standard sword-wielder (though, to his credit, he does get a horse and lances later). He also gets majorly overshadowed by Roy, who has appeared in 3 Smash games now and comes with awesome flame effects even though he's a terrible unit for most of his game of origin.
I'll also point out that it's telling that Lyn is the one who got into FE Warriors. Only 1 GBA character and it's her (even over Roy). She also got chosen as the AT way back in Brawl over Hector and others.
Also, I didn't mention Ike when I talked about the FEH poll specifically because I knew his votes were split between his little boy and manly man versions.
He also won that "people's hero" poll or whatever it was called.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
(Let's just ignore, guys, by replying you just give extra fuel to this)

I certainly hope we get something GS related, all evidence seems to be pointed that way, if the trademark things are something to be taken into account... I don't want to jump into conclusions of course but it is looking like we will be getting either a remake or a new game. I would prefer a remake at this point because it seems like the best chance to bring new people into the franchise without hindering the story, but we will see. I will take whatever they throw

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah Eliwood got the short end of the stick lol. Even the characters you're allowed to ship him with are more popular than him. Idk why that is; maybe it's because Eliwood is very similar to the "typical" FE lord as a standard sword-wielder (though, to his credit, he does get a horse and lances later). He also gets majorly overshadowed by Roy, who has appeared in 3 Smash games now and comes with awesome flame effects even though he's a terrible unit for most of his game of origin.
I'll also point out that it's telling that Lyn is the one who got into FE Warriors. Only 1 GBA character and it's her (even over Roy). She also got chosen as the AT way back in Brawl over Hector and others.
Also, I didn't mention Ike when I talked about the FEH poll specifically because I knew his votes were split between his little boy and manly man versions.
He also won that "people's hero" poll or whatever it was called.
He won that because Legendary Ike was literally added right when they announced it. They basically made it mandatory he would win.

I certainly hope we get something GS related, all evidence seems to be pointed that way, if the trademark things are something to be taken into account... I don't want to jump into conclusions of course but it is looking like we will be getting either a remake or a new game. I would prefer a remake at this point because it seems like the best chance to bring new people into the franchise without hindering the story, but we will see. I will take whatever they throw
I do think a remake at least is happening.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman

I think the hopeful but not expectant approach is the best way to go here. There is enough evidence to suggest that something may very well happen, but we shouldn’t be overconfident. I think that goes for both a new Golden Sun and Smash. It’s like this quote from infinity war.

“I saw 14 000 605 futures.”

“How many did we win?”

“One.”

Of course, I don’t think the odds are exactly like that but you get the point. The odds may be stacked against us, but as long as I see that one possibility, my hope still lives on.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I think the hopeful but not expectant approach is the best way to go here. There is enough evidence to suggest that something may very well happen, but we shouldn’t be overconfident. I think that goes for both a new Golden Sun and Smash. It’s like this quote from infinity war.

“I saw 14 000 605 futures.”

“How many did we win?”

“One.”

Of course, I don’t think the odds are exactly like that but you get the point. The odds may be stacked against us, but as long as I see that one possibility, my hope still lives on.
I agree, but one possibility is still better than none hehe. I said this before (right after the direct) I was sad and disappointed but I have found that my hopefulness and love for Golden Sun are stronger

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Nah I still say being “hurt” over an obscure unknown video game character not making it into another video game is way more pathetic

But hey, keep deluding yourselves into thinking a new Golden Sun is on the way. Keep pretending Isaac is iconic. Keep doubling down and denying the fact that this franchise is forgotten and dead. It’s more entertaining to watch
And you can keep diluding yourself into thinking that Isaac isn't "iconic" when his bloody games have sold better than Xenoblade. Despite Nintendo fans now bowing down to that series as though it were. No. The truth is that most of the games IN SMASH TO BEGIN WITH, are niche. If a series has to be hip and relevant to get into smash I hope you're completely fine with cutting literally 60% of the damn roster. Because that is EXACTLY the avenue to which that logic leads.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
And this is why people troll on the internet, because people have to take the bait... >_>

Anyways, does anyone know if any assist trophies or Isaac has been spotted as a spirit?

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
And this is why people troll on the internet, because people have to take the bait... >_>

Anyways, does anyone know if any assist trophies or Isaac has been spotted as a spirit?
AT spirits have been spotted though an Isaac spirit hasn't

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Pffft, what the ****, now we have a Pokémon fart fetishist making fun of people on the internet? Man, these people really don’t ever stand a chance, do they?

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

Hey if I jump on the line willingly, it certainly ain't bait. I'm playing 4D chess here. You see, he thinks i'm taking is bait. So he's gonna reply. And when he reply's, he's gonna say more stupid garbage. And when he says more stupid thread derailing garbage that gives me more to report.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Off topic here. I just finished watching "The Seven Deadly Sins" finally and I got to say, Esquinor is the absolute coolest! Or "hottest" in that case because he's all about the sun and what not. Haha! Favorite character there!

I bring this up because of what Esquinor said when he was fighting against Benevolence (forgot his actual name. Lol) where he was like, "Who decides that the Sun could be engulfed by the darkness?" Or something around those lines. In our words, who decides that Golden Sun is dead? We, the fans are able to decide that and from the look of things, WE DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!

Seeing trolls here don't surprise me. They need to feed on something now that Ridley and K. Rool are gone. This just means we need to push even greater heights and stop being the quiet supporters. That's how I see it at least. :p

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I agree, but one possibility is still better than none hehe. I said this before (right after the direct) I was sad and disappointed but I have found that my hopefulness and love for Golden Sun are stronger
This is exactly the thing. Normally after a character is not in the game I just say that I shouldn’t have been so confident, cut my losses and move on. However, this time is different. This time I can’t actually say that I shouldnt have been so confident, because I think we had the complete right to be.

And that’s because I think, just maybe, we were right.

The Golden Sun Theory is basically saying that the what, where, why, who, and how were all right, but the when of it was wrong. The reason we were so confident is because we were right, just not entirely. We immediately assumed that it all meant Isaac was base, but in retrospect, we were missing the when of it. As in, these signals for Isaac weren’t signaling base, but DLC.

Think about it, why were all those signals happening right then? Isaac wasn’t really the center of attention until suddenly after the August direct, stuff kept popping up from nowhere. Is it a coincidence this all happened when in the very next direct he’d be shown as an AT? What if things like the Rathalos tweet were saying “Please don’t be mad at what comes next, he’s coming just be patient.” This could’ve been their way of diffusing the bomb before it blew. Unfortunately, we got the memo but we misinterpreted it.

All just a silly theory though!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
AT spirits have been spotted though an Isaac spirit hasn't
This, yeah. Only GS spirits we know about are Felix and Matthew, and we've only seen Felix in-game. Matthew is on the website, but hasn't been spotted in-game in any footage yet. (However, Kaptain K. Rool was only on the website initially, but has since been spotted in-game.)

I know of at least 5 AT spirits I think? Spring Man (he also has a Mii costume), Yuri (Fatal Frame), Rathalos, Takamaru, Klap Trap. I don't recall seeing Shadow but I also heard he is in.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Nah I still say being “hurt” over an obscure unknown video game character not making it into another video game is way more pathetic

But hey, keep deluding yourselves into thinking a new Golden Sun is on the way. Keep pretending Isaac is iconic. Keep doubling down and denying the fact that this franchise is forgotten and dead. It’s more entertaining to watch
If you're affected by this enough to come in here and put people down, I don't think he's as obscure as you're making him out to be tbh

Please find something better to do than trying and failing to tilt people, it's just a waste of your time.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah... this actually is pretty interesting. Maybe it doesn’t mean anything, but why would Isaac not have a spirit when they give Felix and Matthew one? Weird.
He's probably got one. We haven't seen Matthew in-game yet either. But it is a bit weird we haven't seen Isaac yet...

SPEN18

Smash Champion
It's entirely possible that all the DLC characters are Spirits.

I doubt they'd change anything about Spirits mode through DLC, so the mode can be considered "complete" for the base game and completely separate from anything that gets added via DLC.

Of course, it could also be that none of the DLC characters are Spirits, if we're going by Hitagi. So we'll see. Just to be clear I looked back at the Reddit thread and Hitagi said that they don't think Spirits will become DLC; someone asked if this was just their speculation and they said "No speculations. Spirits are spirits, not characters." It's a bit unclear if Hitagi got this from a source or is stating it based on other info they might have. It could, however, provide a soft killswitch on Hitagi's leaks; for example, if we did get a Spirit character through DLC that would hurt Hitagi's credibility quite a bit.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
He's probably got one. We haven't seen Matthew in-game yet either. But it is a bit weird we haven't seen Isaac yet...
I'm now more curious how much GS content there actually is in the game. All we know so far is an Isaac AT, Felix & Matthew Spirits, and the GS Battle Brawl Remix. Tell you the truth, that seems pretty low of GS content. But then again, we have no idea what this game has.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if Isaac had a spirit either considering there seem to be billions of them in the game. Just something that popped into my mind that we did see a Felix sprit in game and saw Mathew's spirit on the website, and then I started to wonder about other assist trophies...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm expecting a ton more GS spirits in all honesty. And Weyard is probably back as well.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
What are the chances the game launches, gets datamined. And suddenly we know all 5 dlc fighters?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Probably pretty low, they didn't repeat that mistake after Ryu and Roy.
Man, that was bad. As much as I was excited to see Roy come back, the only FE smash character I actually care about, it was a bummer to have that spoiled a day early.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
What are the chances the game launches, gets datamined. And suddenly we know all 5 dlc fighters?
I remember people noting Bayonetta's data that was drawn from remnants of Zero Suit Samus which was found in April. Smash 4 datamining could have given dataminers the skills they need to datamine Ultimate and see what fighter data is being used to make the new characters to give a solid list of possible candidates.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I remember people noting Bayonetta's data that was drawn from remnants of Zero Suit Samus which was found in April. Smash 4 datamining could have given dataminers the skills they need to datamine Ultimate and see what fighter data is being used to make the new characters to give a solid list of possible candidates.
If data from previous fighters are going to be used in fighter pass characters, that is. DLC is more planned out this time, so newcomers potentially have their own skeletons instead of being built on top of other fighters.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
So, I do not trust Hitagi really and I think Isaac probably is a spirit as well as an Assist Trophy but I asked him this and here was his response:

Screenshot_20181120-081032_Reddit.jpg

Just posting it here because it is quite interesting and sort of correlates wyat he said about a first party swordfighter for DLC.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hey if I jump on the line willingly, it certainly ain't bait. I'm playing 4D chess here. You see, he thinks i'm taking is bait. So he's gonna reply. And when he reply's, he's gonna say more stupid garbage. And when he says more stupid thread derailing garbage that gives me more to report.
Ah, an ingenious stratagem.
So, I do not trust Hitagi really and I think Isaac probably is a spirit as well as an Assist Trophy but I asked him this and here was his response:

View attachment 178708
Just posting it here because it is quite interesting and sort of correlates wyat he said about a first party swordfighter for DLC.
Hitagi: "Don't quote me"
WaddleMatt: *posts the chatlog instead*

Well, you did exactly what Hitagi asked, I guess.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I think with all that’s been said now, I’m predicting we will see our first dlc fighter released in March and then at e3 we get 1 or 2 more revealed. Hopefully at e3 we will see some fan favorites make it in and then the last two could come in the fall as 3rd party characters. It’s just my prediction but I honestly hope to god that if we get a golden sun remake or new game, it comes to the switch and not the 3ds. We’re in for another dark dawn situation if it comes to that console.

D

Deleted member

Say, there's probably GS music like in Smash 4 right? I wonder what stages it'll be put in... last game it was in Brinstar right? So I guess you could play GS music on any Metroid stage then... pretty strange that GS is on Metroid and not a game more similar like another fantasy game like LoZ or Xenoblade

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Last time, one of the GS music were on Brinstar, the other were on Palutena's Temple.

This time, GS music has already been heard in the Nintendogs stage, but it will probably be shared with every "non standard" stage.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Lol if Hitagi says that a Spirit of all things disconfirms a character, then why would Hitagi even say it's possible for an AT to be upgraded?
It's pretty clear already that it's highly likely that all or almost all ATs will be Spirits, so if any ATs get promoted then that kills the "Spirits as disconfirmation" thing they were suggesting earlier. I think Hitagi's really blurring the lines between his "leaks" and his speculation.

Still, Hitagi likely has at least some real info, but I'm less sure of them than I was like a week ago.

------

About the music, if the Brawl remix and the DD song that was in Smash 4 are all we get for GS, then that's ridiculuous imo. Out of 900 songs you're telling me you only gave GS 2 of them? That's like 0.2% of all the music, for the biggest and most popular first party series that doesn't have a PC (you can argue Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars, and a couple others are around GS's level as well, but you get the point). And again, we know Sakuraba's working on Ultimate, so there's no reason that they couldn't remix or at least rip a few more songs. But the fact that they used the Brawl remix for Isaac's AT presentation makes me a bit apprehensive about the GS music; if they had something new why not show it there?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One thing seems to be sure for now: assist trophies are also spirits. Some of them got spotted, like Thwomp, Ashley or Knuckles.
g
Thus Isaac is also a spirit.
Really weird we haven't seen Isaac yet. Granted, we haven't seen Matthew in-game yet either, only Felix. I know that Yuri (Fatal Frame), Spring Man, and Takamaru also have spirits. The latter two also have Mii costumes. (Well, I don't know if Takamaru's was confirmed to return yet.)

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Really weird we haven't seen Isaac yet. Granted, we haven't seen Matthew in-game yet either, only Felix. I know that Yuri (Fatal Frame), Spring Man, and Takamaru also have spirits. The latter two also have Mii costumes. (Well, I don't know if Takamaru's was confirmed to return yet.)
Spring Man has a Mii costume? I only saw Ribbon Girl’s.

Top Bottom