• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Finally the site decided to let me pick an avatar!! Woo!!

Well I posted this on the Newcomer Discussion thread, so I'll put it here too. Feel free to believe in it or not, but just know it's all desperate speculation :p
I asked for info on the newcomer thread because I don't think Nintendo acknowledged Golden Sun's popularity back in 2015-2016. That's my biggest issue with your theory.

With the Rathalos picture, the sprout item and now Golden Sunday, it must be pretty clear to Nintendo now that it's not just a fad. When they started working on the game though? I'm not so sure. People were really surprised at Isaac's exclusion so in their mind, bringing him back as one of the "highlights" of the assist trophies (by being the first to be shown right after the category title) was good enough fanservice. The backlash must have been as much of a wake-up call for them as his exclusion from Ultimate was for us.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Can we play as Mii fighters online?

If so is anyone considering playing as Isaac online if we get an Isaac costume?

It could be an important part of Golden Sunday in the future if we all play as an Isaac mii online.

Tetiro

Smash Ace

It could be an important part of Golden Sunday in the future if we all play as an Isaac mii online.
Now that is a brilliant idea. Let's do that if there is one :)

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice

i said that couple times before but people where kinda mad when i said i want a mii costume..i would main Mii fighter isaac costume 100%..

saki got one.. but isnt an AT anymore.. people say AT > Costume.. but i
want both like skull kid.. people also mention that sakurai considers AT > Mii costume. But for me it is definitly reversed now. You will never see AT's online in a decent competetiv enviroment, but you can see Mii's. And if you can put on the costumes on your Mii for online battle this is (for me atleast) more worthn than an AT

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman

We can and if there's an Isaac costume, we definitely should, or maybe have an event or something when we all play as Isaac Mii.

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
On the topic of Golden Sun, I just realized how much I enjoy the character design, particularly the clothing. With a lot of JRPGs, the clothing often tries to be so "cool" it wraps around to being incredibly ridiculous instead. Final Fantasy and Xenoblade Chronicles are particularly guilty of this (even though I enjoy both of those series), so I appreciate how the characters in Golden Sun are wearing things that people might actually wear.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Tbh, I’d be fine with an Isaac Mii costume for Ultimate, it could be like the K.Rool one where it’s based off a specifically requested character that Sakurai knows but couldn't playable this time around.

Last edited:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
so sakurai didn't even talk about isaac in the new column or was it just not completely translated yet?

E: He mentioned that he will talk about certain aspects of the time in later columns, so guess we'll have to wait even longer until he even talks about isaac...

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
So are Geno, Banjo and Isaac the new 'holy trinity' lol. Honestly I would say overall Bandana Dee is higher than Geno but he would probably be 4th.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
so sakurai didn't even talk about isaac in the new column or was it just not completely translated yet?

E: He mentioned that he will talk about certain aspects of the time in later columns, so guess we'll have to wait even longer until he even talks about isaac...
They've only had 4 days to discuss the Golden Sunday event. Nintendo can't afford to amy announcements all nilly-willy, they weigh pretty much everything they have to say. Takes time and preparation just for that. Then you have future plans regarding Golden Sun that they have to seriously consider, which takes even longer. I'm not surprised.

By the way, can you give us a link?

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
They've only had 4 days to discuss the Golden Sunday event. Nintendo can't afford to amy announcements all nilly-willy, they weigh pretty much everything they have to say. Takes time and preparation just for that. Then you have future plans regarding Golden Sun that they have to seriously consider, which takes even longer. I'm not surprised.

By the way, can you give us a link?
https://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-smash-bros-ultimate-why-incineroar-was-chosen-and-more/

e: WaddleMatt WaddleMatt Well, on one side the demand for Geno just has a longer history than the one for Bandana Dee, on the other side a lot of Dees support comes from Japan. Not to say that he has no Support in the West, Isaac and Geno are also more requested in certain regions, europe and north america respectively, but the japanese audience has much less communication with the western communities than the communities of europe and america have with each other, so naturally the demand for Geno will feel higher to us than it does for Bandana Dee.
To me it kinda feels like BK is the only one all of us appreciate the same way, which is reflected by fan polls.

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
https://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-smash-bros-ultimate-why-incineroar-was-chosen-and-more/

e: WaddleMatt WaddleMatt Well, on one side the demand for Geno just has a longer history than the one for Bandana Dee, on the other side a lot of Dees support comes from Japan. Not to say that he has no Support in the West, Isaac and Geno are also more requested in certain regions, europe and north america respectively, but the japanese audience has much less communication with the western communities than the communities of europe and america have with each other, so naturally the demand for Geno will feel higher to us than it does for Bandana Dee.
To me it kinda feels like BK is the only one all of us appreciate the same way, which is reflected by fan polls.
Oh yeah, this article. Read that one, saw it mentioned more than once too. Maybe they'd recorded that before Golden Sunday to be honest. I wouldn't let it get to my head if I were you. Btw, was trying to check the Japanese side of things when I stumbled upon this art made yesterday:

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=71656363

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
If...no, when Isaac becomes playable in a future Smash title, who do you want to be his AT replacement?
I kinda hope it would be Garet, just because I low-key would like Isaac, Felix and Matthew to be all playable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Tbh, I’d be fine with an Isaac Mii costume for Ultimate, it could be like the K.Rool one where it’s based off a specifically requested character that Sakurai knows but couldn't playable this time around.
Yeah, even Lip got a costume, despite getting less support than Isaac, that would have been courteous enough. Also, part of me kinda wants more costume self-mockery in the future, should character confirmations happen. :ultkingdedede:

If...no, when Isaac becomes playable in a future Smash title, who do you want to be his AT replacement?
Saturos and Menardi. That is, if he gets an AT replacement at all. :ultlittlemac:

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
On the topic of Golden Sun, I just realized how much I enjoy the character design, particularly the clothing. With a lot of JRPGs, the clothing often tries to be so "cool" it wraps around to being incredibly ridiculous instead. Final Fantasy and Xenoblade Chronicles are particularly guilty of this (even though I enjoy both of those series), so I appreciate how the characters in Golden Sun are wearing things that people might actually wear.
I feel like this also might play a part into why the whole "generic anime swordsman" label gets tossed at Isaac.

"ugh, he DOESN'T have 50 belts wrapped around his body? BORING!"

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman

Yeah that was a total bumper unfortunately :/ I rly hope that we will get some kind of statement which hopefully will be reasonable.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Matthew. He was already kind of an, there dare i say it, younger slightly differently dressed isaac to begin with (which also was a point of criticism if i remember correctly).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah that was a total bumper unfortunately :/ I rly hope that we will get some kind of statement which hopefully will be reasonable.
Talking about Isaac is not a good thing. If he addresses it, he'd probably give some excuse as to why Isaac didn't become playable and kill any chances of DLC happening. He never addressed K. Rool at all until K. Rool was confirmed playable.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Talking about Isaac is not a good thing. If he addresses it, he'd probably give some excuse as to why Isaac didn't become playable and kill any chances of DLC happening. He never addressed K. Rool at all until K. Rool was confirmed playable.
That is actually a fair point. Ugh, now I'm gonna read these dreading that Isaac gets mentioned.

Last edited:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
The difference is that K Rool wasn't an AT and Sakurai seemingly didn't even know about the demand for him.

Isaac is a bit different. Sakurai acknowledged him multiple times already by putting music and his AT in. He already had the ballot results. He knew that people wanted him and he seemingly knows enough about the character to notice his moveset potential. This is more of a ridley than k rool situation. Isaac is one of those cases which have to be addressed.

He knew about demand for ridley so he acknowledged it. Same for isaac, i guess

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The difference is that K Rool wasn't an AT and Sakurai seemingly didn't even know about the demand for him.

Isaac is a bit different. Sakurai acknowledged him multiple times already by putting music and his AT in. He already had the ballot results. He knew that people wanted him and he seemingly knows enough about the character to notice his moveset potential. This is more of a ridley than k rool situation. Isaac is one of those cases which have to be addressed.

He kbew about demand for ridley so he acknowledged it. Same for isaac, i guess
He added a K. Rool Mii costume and addressed all the notable other Mii costumes. K. Rool has also had a trophy in every Smash game since Melee and had his music Gangplank Galleon since Brawl.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know what you mean. I just want to know why he decided to make him not a playable character IF he absolutely is against Isaac being a DLC character (for whatever reason). If he deconfirmed him as a playable character because he is an AT, my question would be why he would make him an AT in the first place instead of saving him as DLC.

That's the kind of statement I would like to hear IF he truly has no chance being playable whatsoever at this point.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
He added a K. Rool Mii costume and addressed all the notable other Mii costumes. K. Rool has also had a trophy in every Smash game since Melee and had his music Gangplank Galleon since Brawl.
The Mii Costume came after the Ballot. He basically teased K Rool.
Trophies aren't really the same. The Trophy was put in because he was the antagonist of a franchise he considered one of the Main Franchises for Nintendo, not because people were rallying for him.
Music is something entirely different. It was an iconic Track from a series which was already represented with two chars.

Now take ridley for an example. He was in the Background of the 64 Metroid Stage, he was in the Melee intro, he was a boss in all games, in addition to have a Trophy in melee, brawl and 4, having his music (in multiple variations) since brawl and was talked about by Sakurai in several interviews since Melee.

Isaac isn't even close to be as present in Smash as Ridley was, but he is also not even close to as absent as K Rool was. He had Music in Brawl, 4 and Ultimate, he is an AT in Brawl amd Ultimate. That's much more acknowledgement than K rool ever got

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yeah I know what you mean. I just want to know why he decided to make him not a playable character IF he absolutely is against Isaac being a DLC character (for whatever reason). If he deconfirmed him as a playable character because he is an AT, my question would be why he would make him an AT in the first place instead of saving him as DLC.

That's the kind of statement I would like to hear IF he truly has no chance being playable whatsoever at this point.
Or, if you want to be considered insane, Sakurai knows the dumb "fan rule" that ATs can't be promoted in game so no one will expect Isaac to be a DLC character. Not even leakers or people who listen to leakers would believe it. It will be the best surprise, no matter how prepared you are for it or not.

Reminds me of the phrase, "The best hiding place is in plain sight." Sakurai loves to surprise people a lot, so doing something like that will work tremendously.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Or, if you want to be considered insane, Sakurai knows the dumb "fan rule" that ATs can't be promoted in game so no one will expect Isaac to be a DLC character. Not even leakers or people who listen to leakers would believe it. It will be the best surprise, no matter how prepared you are for it or not.

Reminds me of the phrase, "The best hiding place is in plain sight." Sakurai loves to surprise people a lot, so doing something like that will work tremendously.
I really want said "leakers" to be stopped in their tracks ever since the last direct. If this were true it would be the biggest hype ever.

Top Bottom