• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Do you think at the very least the Golden Sun battle theme will be in the game as a music track? I can't recall if it was in Brawl or 4. What a great song.
Isaac's battle theme? No. They're too lazy to even give us THAT much.

Anyway, I just wanna focus on GS game. Smash isn't gonna help us, so I says we forget it and push for more GS.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah it's much easier to bring K. Rool back because they can just reinsert him as a boss in any new DKC game. Isaac they'd have to revive the entire franchise. Unless they just wanna stick him in Mario Tennis and call it a day.
Yeah, I think Donkey Kong (Country) still being a "relevant" (for lack of a better term, I went to dislike that word because of Smash speculation lol) franchise is what really helped K. Rool even if he himself hasn't appeared in games in a while. I figure it must be easier to add a character onto an existing franchise in Smash, though surely he had major support behind him too. As did Isaac of course, but Golden Sun being so dormant is probably what caused Sakurai to go no-no on our boy. Shame really. We got only two new franchises represented in Smash Ultimate (Splatoon & Castlevania, DLC might give us more though), GS would've fit right in.

But this is why the movement for the revival of the franchise is crucial, be it GS4 or even remakes of the first games, we just need something new!

Isaac in Mario Tennis Aces would be dope tbh, I'd be excited to see him anywhere at this point.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
WHen I imagine Isaac in Mario tennis Aces, I imagine his special move being him summoning Judgement, obliterating the entire court and surrounding area, and the tennis ball landing on the barren other side of the net.

Isaac might be a bit too OP for Mario Tennis...
I imagine Isaac in MTA the "boring" way: using his move hand as a racket.

Only in a video game could that be considered "boring".

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Now that golden Sunday is over, it’s important we plan for our next big attack. Of course as we should keep supporting golden sun 4 even in the off times and persist in getting Camelot and Nintendo to bring back the series so Isaac can truly have a chance the next time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I think Donkey Kong (Country) still being a "relevant" (for lack of a better term, I went to dislike that word because of Smash speculation lol) franchise is what really helped K. Rool even if he himself hasn't appeared in games in a while. I figure it must be easier to add a character onto an existing franchise in Smash, though surely he had major support behind him too. As did Isaac of course, but Golden Sun being so dormant is probably what caused Sakurai to go no-no on our boy. Shame really. We got only two new franchises represented in Smash Ultimate (Splatoon & Castlevania, DLC might give us more though), GS would've fit right in.

But this is why the movement for the revival of the franchise is crucial, be it GS4 or even remakes of the first games, we just need something new!

Isaac in Mario Tennis Aces would be dope tbh, I'd be excited to see him anywhere at this point.
Another thing to consider; the pool of fan wants is big, really. Really. Big. Even when you ignore current demands like Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Bandana Waddle Dee Shantae, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Waluigi, Ashley and what have you, there's still a bunch of other characters that don't get as much demand (like Captain Syrup, any Warioware character that isn't Ashley, Kirby characters outside of the core quatuor, King Hippo, lesser-known or dormant third parties) to get past. Not to mention recent characters that get created (Elma, Rex & Pyra, ARMS fighters), with more certainly coming after them.

Also, reluctance to use stuff from Camelot (which may be why Waluigi gets passed over every time as well), either due to contractual or cultural reasons.

Luckily Nintendo has been listening more this generation, so a proverbial megaphone is necessary. Especially when Octopath Traveller proves how well old-school JRPGs fare.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know...

Why would ATs and Spirits disconfirm characters anyway?

Okay, hear me out. Look, in order to force it so that ATs and Spirits don't overlap with 1st Party (and some 3rd Party) DLC characters, those characters would have to not show up in any form whatsoever within the game (at least in the parts a normal player can see).

Let's say they were making (pulling a character we know is a spirit) Dixie Kong as a DLC fighter, when people get the game, fans will realise very quickly that Dixie is strangely missing from all parts of the game. This would immediately give away that they are doing something with Dixie (because she recently appeared in Tropical Freeze, so there's no way anyone would be justified in saying she's not important enough to show up or some claptrap like that).

This goes similarly with my thoughts on Isaac; let's say they're making Isaac as a DLC character, they would be justified in not including him as an Assist Trophy because he'll show up later, but that creates a minor problem; because of the general secrecy surrounding character inclusions, fans of Isaac will be left wondering where Isaac was had he not shown up as an AT, not only that, but there are Golden Sun spirits in the game (Felix and Matthew have been discovered), so if Felix and Matthew were spirits and Isaac was a no-show? That'd elicit a big "HMMMMMMMMMMM!" from the fans.

If Golden Sun didn't appear at all, then that'd send the wrong message to the fans (that Golden Sun isn't important enough to get into Smash).

What's better? Causing minor disappointment by introducing Isaac as an Assist Trophy before (hypothetically) DLC, or causing major disappointment (and/or rampant conspiracies) by not having him at all until (again, hypothetically) DLC? Not only that, but Isaac's appearance spurred Golden Sun fans to rally together to show their love for the franchise, which might not have happened if Isaac wasn't an Assist Trophy (because of crushed spirits).

I don't know, maybe I'm rambling.
You are making quite a lot of sense. And maybe I just wanna believe too badly... But it’s a possibility. Yet the DLC characters are already decided. I think our main mission isn’t to get Golden Sun in the spotlight again, and push for Isaac in the next game. I wanna believe, but yet I find it extremely hard to do now.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Isaac's battle theme? No. They're too lazy to even give us THAT much.

Anyway, I just wanna focus on GS game. Smash isn't gonna help us, so I says we forget it and push for more GS.
I agree. Smash got us nowhere but an Assist Trophy. And it’s not likely he’ll be upgraded. It would be nice, but at this point I think we have a better shot getting a new GS game than having Isaac be a fighter in Smash Ultimate.

We should make having Isaac in Smash a secondary goal. We need to focus on Golden Sun from this point onward.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I agree. Smash got us nowhere but an Assist Trophy. And it’s not likely he’ll be upgraded. It would be nice, but at this point I think we have a better shot getting a new GS game than having Isaac be a fighter in Smash Ultimate.

We should make having Isaac in Smash a secondary goal. We need to focus on Golden Sun from this point onward.
That seems fair, at least this way it can give the other fanbases a fair shake at getting their characters in. I'd like to think Isaac took one for the team.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You are making quite a lot of sense. And maybe I just wanna believe too badly... But it’s a possibility. Yet the DLC characters are already decided. I think our main mission isn’t to get Golden Sun in the spotlight again, and push for Isaac in the next game. I wanna believe, but yet I find it extremely hard to do now.
Oh no! I'm making too much sense!
Auto correct wanted me to say that. Don’t blame me. Blame AI working against us. It’s a conspiracy.
Robots keeping Alchemy down.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh no! I'm making too much sense!

Robots keeping Alchemy down.
Science is just perfected Alchemy. However, since it’s discovery they sealed away Alchemy yet again and thus regular people still have no idea about the Psynergy powers we actually have inside of us.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Science is just perfected Alchemy. However, since it’s discovery they sealed away Alchemy yet again and thus regular people still have no idea about the Psynergy powers we actually have inside of us.
Reminder that the Wise One is a robot.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Priority #1: Get Golden Sun back and keep it relevant again
Priority #2: Keep Isaac relevant (Smash, etc.)
Priority #3: Keep that momentum!
Priority #4: Repeat priorities 1, 2 & 3.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Nah, I wouldn't say the focus on Smash was that much of a detriment. Before it was figured that the only way for Golden Sun to get a chance at revival was for Isaac to get into Smash, so of course that's where all the current focus and effort went, especially with the ballot results looming over our heads. Now that it seems the ballot only served to mark Isaac's grand return as an assist once again, it's an obvious wake up call that he may not ever be playable unless his series come back.

Which him being an assist makes it easier to Switch gears to get Golden Sun back, if his assist was still gone, we'd probably be thinking Isaac was one of the future DLCs and be caught back up in rumors again. At the end of the day, things worked out nicely since if it wasn't for this Smash speculation cycle, we wouldn't even have this current momentum for Isaac and Golden Sun built up right now. I'll still advocate for him to be in Smash despite his assist trophy status, that's not changing until Sakurai says one of, 'Assists will not be upgraded' or 'DLC plans are finished' and I also want the Golden Sun series back so I'll continue talking about it and participate in whatever future events we have coming up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nah, I wouldn't say the focus on Smash was that much of a detriment. Before it was figured that the only way for Golden Sun to get a chance at revival was for Isaac to get into Smash, so of course that's where all the current focus and effort went, especially with the ballot results looming over our heads. Now that it seems the ballot only served to mark Isaac's grand return as an assist once again, it's an obvious wake up call that he may not ever be playable unless his series come back.

Which him being an assist makes it easier to Switch gears to get Golden Sun back, if his assist was still gone, we'd probably be thinking Isaac was one of the future DLCs and be caught back up in rumors again. At the end of the day, things worked out nicely since if it wasn't for this Smash speculation cycle, we wouldn't even have this current momentum for Isaac and Golden Sun built up right now. I'll still advocate for him to be in Smash despite his assist trophy status, that's not changing until Sakurai says one of, 'Assists will not be upgraded' or 'DLC plans are finished' and I also want the Golden Sun series back so I'll continue talking about it and participate in whatever future events we have coming up.
I think another thing to consider is the following: :ultlittlemac:'s series was dormant when he debuted as an AT in Brawl. He later got an appearance in Captain Rainbow, then got his own Wii game, then eventually became playable in 4.

Coincidence? I think not!

So unless the character in question is from an old game that's noteworthy enough (or at least meant a lot for Sakurai), the best chance for characters that haven't been used much in years is for their series to make a comeback.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Do you think at the very least the Golden Sun battle theme will be in the game as a music track? I can't recall if it was in Brawl or 4. What a great song.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I find it incredibly suspicious that Isaac’s Battle Theme isn’t here. If it was, they certainly would’ve used it on his reveal. After all the demand and even giving his AT more moves and a fresh design, why not add the most popular and iconic song not only to the character, but to the series? Now, what’s the one song that absolutely could not be in base if Isaac was DLC? His own battle theme. If he was DLC the music included in the pack would surely have his battle theme, as well as using it for his reveal trailer.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
You know...

Why would ATs and Spirits disconfirm characters anyway?

Okay, hear me out. Look, in order to force it so that ATs and Spirits don't overlap with 1st Party (and some 3rd Party) DLC characters, those characters would have to not show up in any form whatsoever within the game (at least in the parts a normal player can see).

Let's say they were making (pulling a character we know is a spirit) Dixie Kong as a DLC fighter, when people get the game, fans will realise very quickly that Dixie is strangely missing from all parts of the game. This would immediately give away that they are doing something with Dixie (because she recently appeared in Tropical Freeze, so there's no way anyone would be justified in saying she's not important enough to show up or some claptrap like that).

This goes similarly with my thoughts on Isaac; let's say they're making Isaac as a DLC character, they would be justified in not including him as an Assist Trophy because he'll show up later, but that creates a minor problem; because of the general secrecy surrounding character inclusions, fans of Isaac will be left wondering where Isaac was had he not shown up as an AT, not only that, but there are Golden Sun spirits in the game (Felix and Matthew have been discovered), so if Felix and Matthew were spirits and Isaac was a no-show? That'd elicit a big "HMMMMMMMMMMM!" from the fans.

If Golden Sun didn't appear at all, then that'd send the wrong message to the fans (that Golden Sun isn't important enough to get into Smash).

What's better? Causing minor disappointment by introducing Isaac as an Assist Trophy before (hypothetically) DLC, or causing major disappointment (and/or rampant conspiracies) by not having him at all until (again, hypothetically) DLC? Not only that, but Isaac's appearance spurred Golden Sun fans to rally together to show their love for the franchise, which might not have happened if Isaac wasn't an Assist Trophy (because of crushed spirits).

I don't know, maybe I'm rambling.
This makes some sense,

Even Sakurai himself acknowledges that the Smash fanbase can accurately predict some of the roster with the information or lack of information given. This is why when he showed Dark Samus and Chrom he said “you may have seen this coming”. The missing alts, and some other factors lead many to believe they were in and Sakurai and his team took notice. So I guess something similar could happen.

Although I’m wary that Isaac is a part of the first 5 DLC fighters, since those characters were probably decided a long while ago, and had at least a considerable amount of work finished by now. I do think that Isaac is considerably more likely to be in the planning phase or even just begun development for a potential second season...

Hopefully.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I find it incredibly suspicious that Isaac’s Battle Theme isn’t here. If it was, they certainly would’ve used it on his reveal. After all the demand and even giving his AT more moves and a fresh design, why not add the most popular and iconic song not only to the character, but to the series? Now, what’s the one song that absolutely could not be in base if Isaac was DLC? His own battle theme. If he was DLC the music included in the pack would surely have his battle theme, as well as using it for his reveal trailer.
Now isn't THAT deserving an eyebrow raise. I didn't even think of that.

Now for the record, theories on Isaac being DLC is fun. That doesn't mean I believe it. Just something that will get discussion going. The more we keep the Golden Sun train going the better. :)

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
The discussion over whether the focus on the "Isaac for Smash" movement instead of the "Revive Golden Sun" movement has been a detriment or not is interesting. I agree with the base concept that we've been too focused on Smash, and that a lot of that energy needs to be turned towards getting a new game/remake, especially after Sakurai's comments basically saying to stop asking him about Smash DLC. I think Golden Sunday was a great step in the right direction.

That being said, something that doesn't seem to be mentioned as much is that many supporters didn't "lose their way" from the initial goal of reviving Golden Sun- they first joined as "Isaac should be playable in Smash" to begin with.

I'm pretty confident that a high number of Isaac supporters here or on other forums have never even played Golden Sun. This happens with any potential Smash character. People might like a character's design, moveset potential, or the idea of a new series being represented; they just like the fanbase and want them to be happy. That's the way I am with someone like Takamaru, honestly- I think he'd be a cool, unique addition, and that a reboot could be cool if done right, but it's not like I've played a lick of The Mysterious Murasame Castle. While it's good to encourage these people to play the games the characters come from, I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with this type of fan. It's natural. And whether or not you think they're as "real" of fans, they've still helped get Isaac's name out there, and we should be thankful for that.

So the theory I've heard expressed is that there are a lot of Golden Sun fans based on Isaac's constant great performance in polls, but that we've squandered our voices by hopelessly spending them on Smash instead of a new game. But I don't think we would have gotten that loud in the first place without Smash acting as a rally point that has introduced new people to the character and series. I've definitely heard people who first played the series after learning about Isaac through Smash support. So while I think the emphasis should shift some, I absolutely don't think we should just give up or turn on backs on supporting Isaac or any other GS character for Smash. Instead we should be asking ourselves what we can do to get these types of supporters to get into Golden Sun as a series and get them more invested in a new game, instead of just a Smash character alone.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
The discussion over whether the focus on the "Isaac for Smash" movement instead of the "Revive Golden Sun" movement has been a detriment or not is interesting. I agree with the base concept that we've been too focused on Smash, and that a lot of that energy needs to be turned towards getting a new game/remake, especially after Sakurai's comments basically saying to stop asking him about Smash DLC. I think Golden Sunday was a great step in the right direction.

That being said, something that doesn't seem to be mentioned as much is that many supporters didn't "lose their way" from the initial goal of reviving Golden Sun- they first joined as "Isaac should be playable in Smash" to begin with.

I'm pretty confident that a high number of Isaac supporters here or on other forums have never even played Golden Sun. This happens with any potential Smash character. People might like a character's design, moveset potential, or the idea of a new series being represented; they just like the fanbase and want them to be happy. That's the way I am with someone like Takamaru, honestly- I think he'd be a cool, unique addition, and that a reboot could be cool if done right, but it's not like I've played a lick of The Mysterious Murasame Castle. While it's good to encourage these people to play the games the characters come from, I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with this type of fan. It's natural. And whether or not you think they're as "real" of fans, they've still helped get Isaac's name out there, and we should be thankful for that.

So the theory I've heard expressed is that there are a lot of Golden Sun fans based on Isaac's constant great performance in polls, but that we've squandered our voices by hopelessly spending them on Smash instead of a new game. But I don't think we would have gotten that loud in the first place without Smash acting as a rally point that has introduced new people to the character and series. I've definitely heard people who first played the series after learning about Isaac through Smash support. So while I think the emphasis should shift some, I absolutely don't think we should just give up or turn on backs on supporting Isaac or any other GS character for Smash. Instead we should be asking ourselves what we can do to get these types of supporters to get into Golden Sun as a series and get them more invested in a new game, instead of just a Smash character alone.
I assure you that it was not as beneficial as I and others once had hoped it was. I said this in my video. But Smash content, is by very fundamental definition, not golden sun content. Nintendo is a tone deaf company. It doesn't matter if they hear us asking for Isaac in smash. That doesn't matter to the Golden Sun IP proper. I had once assumed that a request for Isaac for smash was synonymous to a request for a new game. But that was a bad assumption on our parts. There was indeed benefit to be found in converting outside people into potential supporters of the series. But until they make that leap to become a fan of the IP proper, and by extension support the cause of Golden Sun 4, which i'm sure several will, I will find myself reluctant to call this movement beneficial.

When I made the point that we may have lost our way. It was in reference to those among us who jumped onto the Isaac for smash train after having been fans of the series proper for an extended period of time. Those are the people I was talking about. Myself included. I've seen many cases over the last few weeks of those very same people loosing all hope on the franchise, not because the takahashi bros retracted their 2012 statements, which would actually be something to loose hope in response too, but instead because Isaac didn't become playable in smash. I do not even remotely feel as though this is the correct response. (also I would like to point out that the statements in my video were based squarely on what I had witnessed at the hands of a multitude of people following the direct)

As for the prospect of getting those among our ranks, who support the character but aren't fans of Golden Sun proper onto the series full stop? This is easily the best way for us to make a good thing out of an overall mediocre experience. And that is something that I VERY strongly advocate for. But until we do pull that off, which will no doubt take time, I will remain firm in my assertion that we've done more harm to ourselves than good, at least for now.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We still haven't seen a Sakuraba track pop up on the website, which is also pretty weird. Also, I haven't heard about anyone hearing GS music in the demo yet either, and Rathalos' theme has been heard (on Find Mii).

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
This makes some sense,

Even Sakurai himself acknowledges that the Smash fanbase can accurately predict some of the roster with the information or lack of information given. This is why when he showed Dark Samus and Chrom he said “you may have seen this coming”. The missing alts, and some other factors lead many to believe they were in and Sakurai and his team took notice. So I guess something similar could happen.

Although I’m wary that Isaac is a part of the first 5 DLC fighters, since those characters were probably decided a long while ago, and had at least a considerable amount of work finished by now. I do think that Isaac is considerably more likely to be in the planning phase or even just begun development for a potential second season...

Hopefully.
DLC definitely started no earlier than June of this year. They would likely have something more concrete to show otherwise.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I assure you that it was not as beneficial as I and others once had hoped it was. I said this in my video. But Smash content, is by very fundamental definition, not golden sun content. Nintendo is a tone deaf company. It doesn't matter if they hear us asking for Isaac in smash. That doesn't matter to the Golden Sun IP proper. I had once assumed that a request for Isaac for smash was synonymous to a request for a new game. But that was a bad assumption on our parts. There was indeed benefit to be found in converting outside people into potential supporters of the series. But until they make that leap to become a fan of the IP proper, and by extension support the cause of Golden Sun 4, which i'm sure several will, I will find myself reluctant to call this movement beneficial.

When I made the point that we may have lost our way. It was in reference to those among us who jumped onto the Isaac for smash train after having been fans of the series proper for an extended period of time. Those are the people I was talking about.Myself included. I've seen many cases over the last few weeks of those very same people loosing all hope on the franchise, not because the takahashi bros retracted their 2012 statements, which would actually be something to loose hope in response too, but instead because Isaac didn't become playable in smash. I do not even remotely feel as though this is the correct response.

As for the prospect of getting those among our ranks, who support the character but aren't fans of Golden Sun proper onto the series full stop? This is easily the best way for us to make a good thing out of an overall mediocre experience. And that is something that I VERY strongly advocate for. But until we do pull that off, which will no doubt take time, I will remain firm in my assertion that we've done more harm to ourselves than good, at least for now.
I don't disagree with any of this. Well, I'm not sure if I can quite as confidently quantify the trade off between the good and bad of Isaac Smash support thus far, but I think we agree on the fundamental of how we should act going forward, which is what really matters- that effort should be direct towards a new game, but that getting Isaac Smash supporters fully on board has a lot of value. I think it will be difficult to do the latter of those if we just abandon Smash efforts, which is what some people have implied we do, not necessarily you or your video (which I actually thought was very good, for the record).
So whether you think that we haven't leveraged Smash support to the potential we could or that it has been an active and serious detriment thus far, I think we all have similar goals here moving forward.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I don't disagree with any of this. Well, I'm not sure if I can quite as confidently quantify the trade off between the good and bad of Isaac Smash support thus far, but I think we agree on the fundamental of how we should act going forward, which is what really matters- that effort should be direct towards a new game, but that getting Isaac Smash supporters fully on board has a lot of value. I think it will be difficult to do the latter of those if we just abandon Smash efforts, which is what some people have implied we do, not necessarily you or your video (which I actually thought was very good, for the record).
So whether you think that we haven't leveraged Smash support to the potential we could or that it has been an active and serious detriment thus far, I think we all have similar goals here moving forward.
I agree, what's done is done, unless you want to open up a can of worms. Only thing to do is move forward with the new goal we've made for ourselves.

SPEN18

Smash Champion

Yeah, as many have pointed out, the goal is to get Isaac in Smash AND have Golden Sun revived, with part of the idea being that one happening will be a huge boon for the other. Smash speculation is a fantastic platform for getting people interested in new characters and getting them to try out games that they would have otherwise ignored. So I don't think it was a bad idea to focus a lot of energy and effort into Smah during the speculation season; however, as SpaceKing and others have pointed out, we can't just go silent when said speculation season is over. While it makes tons of sense to focus on #Isaac4Smash when Smash has a new game coming out and tons of people are talking about it (Smash is a gold mine for publicity; just look at recent events), it makes a bit less sense to focus on that when no Smash game is in development or all the characters are already decided. I will also say that even if the focus shifts more towards the GS series as a whole, we shouldn't completely ignore the Smash part. If you wanna focus on it less, well then there's good reasons to do that, but I don't want our Smash support to seem opportunistic or like a flash in the pan, and I don't want people to lose sight of the fact that Smash is excellent for preserving GS's legacy with or without a new game.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Yeah thats interesting, even when they showcased the ATs I'm pretty sure each of the ones they highlighted (thwomp, wily, guile etc) had remixed themes aside from Isaac who had an old track. This probably means Sakurai didn't care enough to remix his battle theme, or theres a 0.1% chance at something golden sun related coming as dlc lol

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We still haven't seen a Sakuraba track pop up on the website, which is also pretty weird. Also, I haven't heard about anyone hearing GS music in the demo yet either, and Rathalos' theme has been heard (on Find Mii).
Didn't we get a new Golden Sun track revealed in the direct? That's probably Sakuraba and it just hasn't been posted to the blog yet.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Didn't we get a new Golden Sun track revealed in the direct? That's probably Sakuraba and it just hasn't been posted to the blog yet.
The brawl remix was playing yes. So far, it hasn't been posted on the blog for some reason. It is possible they didn't bother remixing it again though...

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
That wasn't a new track. That was the same Felix/Doom Dragon Battle Remix from Brawl.

It's really weird that they would use that. I fear that they didn't do any remixes for GS music again. We should have at least gotten Isaac's Battle Theme instead during Isaac's AT reveal. There might be something deep in the game, but...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The brawl remix was playing yes. So far, it hasn't been posted on the blog for some reason. It is possible they didn't bother remixing it again though...
Pretty disappointing if true.

I'm not sure if I have the confidence to believe the lack of a new song means anything when the lack of an Isaac assist in the last game didn't mean anything.

For all we know they might have pulled another track from Dark Dawn and called it a day. (if that even)

(also I don't see why a Brawl remix would get posted to the blog)

SPEN18

Smash Champion

I'm not sure if I have the confidence to believe the lack of a new song means anything when the lack of an Isaac assist in the last game didn't mean anything.

For all we know they might have pulled another track from Dark Dawn and called it a day. (if that even)

Yeah if they had a new remix I think they would've shown it with Isaac. If so, it really is a shame, especially when GS has an amazing soundtrack AND its composer is already working on Ultimate. I suppose there is a chance that there's a new remix that's unlockable, hence why they wouldn't show it in the Direct, but are unlockable music tracks even returning?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, they wouldn't put the Felix battle/Doom Dragon remix on the blog. They haven't put any old tunes on there have they?

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but getting an epic, awesome sounding rendition of Isaac's battle theme without a playable Isaac would just not be the same for me. I guess you could say it'd be bittersweet.

Staarih

Smash Master
Speaking of Golden Sun songs, we can see one playing in the Living Room stage:

Which is pretty goofy but eh, guess that's the "Other" music category for ya.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

The Brawl remix definitely wouldn't. But its still odd that Sakuraba hasn't had a track posted to the website.

Well, this was already answered, but it was just the existing Brawl remix.

Ah, it finally showed up. It was weird that it hadn't shown up yet. Is this just Felix Battle Theme / Final Boss?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Yup. It's the same Felix/Doom Dragon Brawl Remix. This game can't come any sooner. Lol

Edit: I may be jumping the gun here, but I also find it strange that Camelot hasn't even said anything about Isaac being back in Smash. Unless I missed it.

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Just putting this here in case it hasn't been seen yet. Spread this as well if possible. Sorry for being inactive. I can't really do much as is.
Better than nothing?
And on the topic of the movements. Why not just continue to do both at the same time? I don't see how that can go badly if we just say we want both.. isn't it possible to get both?

It would at least spur attention for GS more which I think is still what we need. More people who know and play the games and are fans yes?

If I'm rambling forgive me. Sleep deprivation...

Last edited:
Top Bottom