• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I get the feeling he's moved from assist to boss, only in the sense that Sakurai showed off only two so far and we have yet to know of these supposed other bosses that will appear unless there's chances of generic OC bosses like in subspace emissary.
Man, I really hope there's no OC bosses (aside from maybe the final boss like Tabuu). That was one of the biggest weaknesses of Subspace: it didn't use the fact that it was a Nintendo crossover. Most of the personality of the characters didn't show up at all, and the enemies were forgettable at best.

That having been said, who else could show up as a boss? I'd say characters like Ganon, an Ultra Beast (?), Dr. Eggman, Sepiroth (One-Winged Angel?), even characters like Akuma or other random Nintendo characters could show up. Monica boss, anyone?

StormC

Smash Hero
I’ve been saying Skull Kid was the Chorus Kids of this game, a character that became highly anticipated out of nowhere due to a leak, and then... nothing.

I already viewed loz with skepticism and him going AWOL only confirms to me he ran out of legit info a while ago.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I’ve been saying Skull Kid was the Chorus Kids of this game, a character that became highly anticipated out of nowhere due to a leak, and then... nothing.

I already viewed loz with skepticism and him going AWOL only confirms to me he ran out of legit info a while ago.
To be fair. The gematsu leak had to have legit information. It simply had to have. What we know about Courus Kids and Chrom who were in the leak you're talking about, Chrom was very strongly and seriously considered early on. And code left in the game suggests Courus kids, or at least something from Rythm heaven, was in the game. Likely cut for whatever reason early on.

The Skull Kid rumors are genuinely out of nowhere. As where Chours Kid's seemed to have come from a place of legitimacy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's unfair how much easier it is to level grind in The Lost Age than in the first game. Am just finished with Colloso and Isaac and Garet are level 26, Ivan and Mia being 25. I kinda struggle to find motivation to grind a lot more, but will probably try to reach early level 30s or so, as to not have Isaac's party being so seriously underlevel'd before I transfer data.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Man, I really hope there's no OC bosses (aside from maybe the final boss like Tabuu). That was one of the biggest weaknesses of Subspace: it didn't use the fact that it was a Nintendo crossover. Most of the personality of the characters didn't show up at all, and the enemies were forgettable at best.

That having been said, who else could show up as a boss? I'd say characters like Ganon, an Ultra Beast (?), Dr. Eggman, Sepiroth (One-Winged Angel?), even characters like Akuma or other random Nintendo characters could show up. Monica boss, anyone?
Same, I'm hoping there's not much OC bosses and we do get to see more representation of franchises with their villains. Black Knight would be interesting, though not sure if Ike still keeping his alt means anything. Porky would be cool to see too. When I first thought this game was going to be heroes vs villains, I was thinking if there was a chance of him being playable but maybe not so much now lol. One boss to rep each franchise would be awesome but can't really say how many bosses will appear in this mode or whether characters are regulated to certain bosses and whatnot.

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings
It's a good thing that real Isaac fans behaved well. UNLIKE, the Waluigi fanatics all over Twitter and the like. :bee: They're angry at Isabelle because of Waluigi not being playable. :laugh:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
It's unfair how much easier it is to level grind in The Lost Age than in the first game. Am just finished with Colloso and Isaac and Garet are level 26, Ivan and Mia being 25. I kinda struggle to find motivation to grind a lot more, but will probably try to reach early level 30s or so, as to not have Isaac's party being so seriously underlevel'd before I transfer data.
28 was my highest level beating the original GS, its normal to Isaac's party be underleveled

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I think an unintended positive of Isabelle getting in is that she's now the official hate sink for all of Smash. I've hardly seen anyone complain about other possible newcomers now

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna feel bad about beating up that little cinnamon bun. At least Villager had the killager memes going to justify beating the tar out of him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
28 was my highest level beating the original GS, its normal to Isaac's party be underleveled
Yeah but it really sucks cause the next main mission you gotta tackle with them, the Magma Rock, has enemies that are way stronger than them. Training the original gang to be the same level as Felix and gang is somewhat of a chore. So I want them to be at least like, level 35 before I transfer. The Fusion Dragon is gonna be piss easy then, but I don't care. Saturos deserves being beaten badly after his big talk on Mercury Lighthouse. 'I lost to this light house, not to you!'? Kindly eat a Ragnarok to the face after 2 Impacts by Ivan, thank you (this is basically my main strategy fighting each major boss).

Also, Garet gets unnecessarily hated on. He's literally the voice of reason in Golden Sun. Everyone just wanna help everyone, and Garet reminds them not to forget the main mission, and also not to easily forgive everyone. He's a cool ass dude, and a total bro.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think an unintended positive of Isabelle getting in is that she's now the official hate sink for all of Smash. I've hardly seen anyone complain about other possible newcomers now
Come on now, she really doesn't deserve any of the hate. She's a very reasonable addition to the Smash roster. We're not talking meme characters like Goku and Shrek, we're talking about one of the most beloved new Nintendo characters created this decade.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Come on now, she really doesn't deserve any of the hate. She's a very reasonable addition to the Smash roster. We're not talking meme characters like Goku and Shrek, we're talking about one of the most beloved new Nintendo characters created this decade.
Oh no, I didn't mean that in a sense that she deserves it! I just noticed that everyone from the rumored Gothitelle to poor Corrin get a break today.

Isabelle hate is going to be like Rosa's where people forget it in a week and the character goes on to possibly become quite popular if good. For now, let's just enjoy not being harped on.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
*clears throat*

So yeah, what about that rumored 3DS Golden Sun you guys were talking about?
Also, Garet gets unnecessarily hated on. He's literally the voice of reason in Golden Sun. Everyone just wanna help everyone, and Garet reminds them not to forget the main mission, and also not to easily forgive everyone. He's a cool *** dude, and a total bro.
Yeah Garet gets way too much flak. Dude was the most personable member of the cast and was jokes in a lot of scenes.

and his hairdo is sick

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Skull kid is not quite out of the running

The loz thing is no longer necesary

The ballot helps

The costume theory exclude the one decofirmed which had more difficulties of being made to playable

And the most important part the moon might be taking his place just like with kapp’n taking Isabelle’s place and at this point knuckles taking shadows place

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
*clears throat*

So yeah, what about that rumored 3DS Golden Sun you guys were talking about?

Yeah Garet gets way too much flak. Dude was the most personable member of the cast and was jokes in a lot of scenes.

and his hairdo is sick

Well, most of it comes from John at Gamexplain making a few crazy scarily accurate predictions for the nintendo Direct, including the possibility of a Golden Sun remake for 3ds

Potentially corroborated by the renewed trademark, but we have literally nothing else.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yeah but it really sucks cause the next main mission you gotta tackle with them, the Magma Rock, has enemies that are way stronger than them. Training the original gang to be the same level as Felix and gang is somewhat of a chore. So I want them to be at least like, level 35 before I transfer. The Fusion Dragon is gonna be piss easy then, but I don't care. Saturos deserves being beaten badly after his big talk on Mercury Lighthouse. 'I lost to this light house, not to you!'? Kindly eat a Ragnarok to the face after 2 Impacts by Ivan, thank you (this is basically my main strategy fighting each major boss).

Also, Garet gets unnecessarily hated on. He's literally the voice of reason in Golden Sun. Everyone just wanna help everyone, and Garet reminds them not to forget the main mission, and also not to easily forgive everyone. He's a cool *** dude, and a total bro.
Well Everytime I get them I do a Djinn hunt before Magma Rock, so they catch up

I think Garet is like
Player:"I WANT SIDEQUEST"
Garet:"NO!"

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Little sad it wasn't Issac, as the whole 5 missing blog posts thing kinda hinted at more content (I guess I'm a little sad we ONLY got one character, Isabelle, a character I assumed would be an echo fighter and therefore not big enough to get her own trailer).

As I look back on it though, it makes sense why it was only Isabelle in a general Nintendo Direct. It's a character most people would know and it transitioned well into the new Animal Crossing announcement (which I've never actually played, but I understand why people flock to it).

On the bright side, more time for me to beat the second game, The Lost Age, before the next direct/announcement comes out. I'm certain I can get through it before we hear any more news on Smash.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, most of it comes from John at Gamexplain making a few crazy scarily accurate predictions for the nintendo Direct, including the possibility of a Golden Sun remake for 3ds

Potentially corroborated by the renewed trademark, but we have literally nothing else.
Well ya' know, I would actually be really excited at the prospect of a 3DS Golden Sun remake. Considering that would most likely be the way to bring back GS to the fold before getting a proper installment on the Switch.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well ya' know, I would actually be really excited at the prospect of a 3DS Golden Sun remake. Considering that would most likely be the way to bring back GS to the fold before getting a proper installment on the Switch.
Not like many will buy it.

Or Nintendo will even market it that well.

I'm more pissed that if this is possible, then they didn't learn their lesson. Putting your games on dying consoles is gonna kill your game. ffs.

link2702

Smash Champion
I know I’m just a little disappointed over Isabelles reveal, not because I don’t like her being in, just that all the hype prior to the direct was pointing to Isaac, and during it near the end almost seemed to point towards geno with the bombardment of ff titles being revealed.

I’m glad that we’re getting a new ac, and I’m happy Isabelle fans got their character, it’s just that it was quite a bit of a roller coaster...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Its probably a coincidence, but if you dyed Isaac's hair black and Garet's hair black it would look like Goku and Vegeta

Maybe they're super adepts :B
Isaac actually looks more like Gohan from the Cell Games. And that's how he is normally with blonde hair lol.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Garet is the only person who makes sense in Golden Sun. He's torn from his home for a massive quest he doesn't even get an option for and is kinda unhappy about that, the quest to stop the end of the world is extremely time-sensitive but the party is always stopping to help random people and he's the only one who says they shouldn't.

He also tries to save Mia and is the first to call out the Wise One's BS. What a guy.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not like many will buy it.

Or Nintendo will even market it that well.

I'm more pissed that if this is possible, then they didn't learn their lesson. Putting your games on dying consoles is gonna kill your game. ffs.
Well I mean it gets the Golden Sun name out there and even if said game did like 400-500K units, it would be a success by current 3DS benchmarks lol.

Which I believe is very doable if hardcore fans keep pushing those numbers.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well I mean it gets the Golden Sun name out there and even if said game did like 400-500K units, it would be a success by current 3DS benchmarks lol.

Yeah, but it tells me Nintendo has no confidence in this series.

Just throw GS at the wolves. It's not like it could've sold more on Switch.

You literally couldn't have picked a worse time to release this. It's DD all over again. When I said I wanted them to bring it back, I meant *actually* bring it back. It's not like any other game that's on 3DS is selling that well at all right now in 2018.

I'm a huge GS fan, but I'm not dealing with Nintendo's bull**** if this how they wanna play it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah, sweet! They just announced Yami Yugi for Jump Force! And, apparently, he's going to use Mind Crush.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

But it's on the 3DS. If you want a series to survive, put it on the console that is going to survive.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
don't you find extremely important that Golden Sun was TT on twitter yesterday? I believe not even the direct was TT. I really hope Nintendo notices the hunger among the fans for more GS

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
just that all the hype prior to the direct was pointing to Isaac
Call me crazy if you wish, but there's still seemingly a lot of missing posts. Isabelle will take up at most three posts, which would still leave one completely MIA. And even then, there's no guarantee she'd get a memory. 143 (the post after Bowser) is also still missing, and if Isabelle doesn't go up until Sunday now (which is itself INSANELY weird given this has never happened before), its also shoving other posts back as well.

Given the amount of missing posts I'm still inclined to think there may have been another reveal that got shifted out due to bad timing that'll get revealed later. But if this is correct, it does mean no Felix Echo.

don't you find extremely important that Golden Sun was TT on twitter yesterday? I believe not even the direct was TT. I really hope Nintendo notices the hunger among the fans for more GS
TT? You mean Trending? I think GS was trending because of the trademark.

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Call me crazy if you wish, but there's still seemingly a lot of missing posts. Isabelle will take up at most three posts, which would still leave one completely MIA. And even then, there's no guarantee she'd get a memory. 143 (the post after Bowser) is also still missing, and if Isabelle doesn't go up until Sunday now (which is itself INSANELY weird given this has never happened before), its also shoving other posts back as well.

Given the amount of missing posts I'm still inclined to think there may have been another reveal that got shifted out due to bad timing that'll get revealed later. But if this is correct, it does mean no Felix Echo.

TT? You mean Trending? I think GS was trending because of the trademark.
Interesting. As much as I would hate to not see Felix as Isaac's echo, at the end of the day Isaac being a playable character would be more than enough in this hypothetical scenario.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Same, I'm hoping there's not much OC bosses and we do get to see more representation of franchises with their villains. Black Knight would be interesting, though not sure if Ike still keeping his alt means anything. Porky would be cool to see too. When I first thought this game was going to be heroes vs villains, I was thinking if there was a chance of him being playable but maybe not so much now lol. One boss to rep each franchise would be awesome but can't really say how many bosses will appear in this mode or whether characters are regulated to certain bosses and whatnot.
In that case I'd prefer the Masked Man from Mother 3. Much more Moveset Potential and imo more Personality.
I mean he has a Mega Man Handgun a Laser Sword and PSI Powers.

I don't want to get to spoilery but, while Porky is more of a jerky kid with inner struggles, the masked Man has much more of a backstory to him.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

It today’s market half a mill isn’t much in the grand scheme of things. If GS on 3DS sold that it would effectively put the series back in the grave. I’m a firm believer that if GS has to be put on anything, it’s the Switch.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Skull kid is not quite out of the running

The loz thing is no longer necesary

The ballot helps

The costume theory exclude the one decofirmed which had more difficulties of being made to playable

And the most important part the moon might be taking his place just like with kapp’n taking Isabelle’s place and at this point knuckles taking shadows place
Yeah agreed. the Mii Costume / ATs missing becoming playable just gets more and more confirmed with every reveal now, we got like what… 4 of them already made playable now in ultimate? yeah… the whole loz thing wasn't the thing that started skull kid's hype, but THESE facts already happening before that guy said a word. Whoever thinks skull kid is only highly anticipated because of loz, is highly wrong, and needs to do some research lol.
Edit: Not to mention Majora's mask is like the second or third thing most marketed in the zelda series after the master sword, hylian shield and triforce. Skull kid has always been popular, but not highly likely since he was immediately deconfirmed back in smash 4 as the first AT revealed. This time being different IS what makes him so likely now, NOT loz.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Yeah, I've always felt the Skull Kid anticipation was a little weird and out of nowhere.

People genuinely want him, but if Sakurai is using the ballot near exclusively, there's not really much reason to think he'd go for Skull Kid over other characters.
Hmm...
I just beat Jupiter Lighthouse.
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 11a.PNG
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 11b.PNG

I didn't level grind that much in Golden Sun (I did level grind a little), and I ended up near perfectly equal in level between both parties.

The only character who isn't Level 33 like the rest of the party is Mia (who's level 32).

Then again, I did lose the fight against Agatio and Karst (you can progress whether you win or lose and not lose anything).

The best places to level grind in Golden Sun are:
  • the Tempest Lizard that takes you between Suhalla and Crossbone Isle (if you fight it on Crossbone Isle, you can fight it over and over)
  • the final room of Venus Lighthouse (the one with the hole in the middle that takes you the Aerie)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, but it tells me Nintendo has no confidence in this series.

Just throw GS at the wolves. It's not like it could've sold more on Switch.

You literally couldn't have picked a worse time to release this. It's DD all over again. When I said I wanted them to bring it back, I meant *actually* bring it back. It's not like any other game that's on 3DS is selling that well at all right now in 2018.

I'm a huge GS fan, but I'm not dealing with Nintendo's bull**** if this how they wanna play it.
But it's on the 3DS. If you want a series to survive, put it on the console that is going to survive.
It's not ideal and I would much rather have the remake(s) on the Switch but if nothing else I think having the games on the 3DS is not that bad. The 3DS is pretty much a glorified remake machine anyways. And like I said, even a game that does roughly half a million units can be considered as success by current standards for that system. Enough where they can say "yeah let's have a new Golden Sun on the Switch". More so than ever with JRPG'S being all the rage on the Switch. It's asinine to think that Nintendo wouldn't take the opportunity of having one of their first party owned JRPG's on that console.
It today’s market half a mill isn’t much in the grand scheme of things. If GS on 3DS sold that it would effectively put the series back in the grave. I’m a firm believer that if GS has to be put on anything, it’s the Switch.
*Current 3DS standards*

Which is roughly around that mark lol. I don't doubt that a new Golden Sun on the Switch would follow suit after said 3DS remake. I mean the Metroid remake didn't stop MP4 from happening.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It's not ideal and I would much rather have the remake(s) on the Switch but if nothing else I think having the games on the 3DS is not that bad. The 3DS is pretty much a glorified remake machine anyways. And like I said, even a game that does roughly half a million units can be considered as success by current standards for that system. Enough where they can say "yeah let's have a new Golden Sun on the Switch". More so than ever with JRPG'S being all the rage on the Switch. It's asinine to think that Nintendo wouldn't take the opportunity of having one of their first party owned JRPG's on that console.

*Current 3DS standards*

Which is roughly around that mark lol. I don't doubt that a new Golden Sun on the Switch would follow suit after said 3DS remake. I mean the Metroid remake didn't stop MP4 from happening.
Metroid and GS are like...completely different franchises.

GS is handled by one developer exclusively.

The other is a franchise that is handled by multiple companies. Two of which were announce last E3 together.

*Also, just because it's a glorified remake machine, doesn't give Nintendo any ****ing reason to put it on a dying system AGAIN.*

If Nintendo only think that GS has enough brand-recognition to sell enough on the 3Ds when it could barely do that on the DS, then they are sadly mistaken.

I'm not supporting this if this does become reality.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Yeah, if we get a Golden Sun remake on the 3DS. I’m buying it. No questions asked. Haven’t touched my 3DS since Sun and Moon (which I didn’t even finish lol) but if they’re giving us Golden Sun on there, I’m getting it whether I’m playing it or not. Like ChronoBound said a few pages back, it is our duty as fans to support the series in whatever way we can. And a remake on the 3DS, dead console or not, is a golden opportunity that we ought to take. If all we have to do as fans to support our series is cough up $40 for a video game that we already love, we would all be fools not to do it.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 164013

This is the new update removing Isabelle

Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid are the only ones I see being upgraded.

Isabelle destroyed the Echo idea so I see Shadow as a semi clone of sonic.

Skull Kid, idk I see as a boss with Nightmare.

Isaac I feel is 50/50
The rest will stay as AT
I can see them in, especially the lad Isaac

but my money's on Excitebike

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah, if we get a Golden Sun remake on the 3DS. I’m buying it. No questions asked. Haven’t touched my 3DS since Sun and Moon (which I didn’t even finish lol) but if they’re giving us Golden Sun on there, I’m getting it whether I’m playing it or not. Like ChronoBound said a few pages back, it is our duty as fans to support the series in whatever way we can. And a remake on the 3DS, dead console or not, is a golden opportunity that we ought to take. If all we have to do as fans to support our series is cough up $40 for a video game that we already love, we would all be fools not to do it.
Hey Icarus. You can waste your money on it if you want. It's not gonna change the facts that Nintendo should've learned from last time.

And if they weren't willing to give Golden sun a proper chance to be relevant in the real world again, On the switch.

Then I don't have much confidence in this franchise surviving.

Yeah, I don't even own a 3DS anymore and I will still gladly buy the game. It doesn't matter if someone doesn't like that the game is being made for a system on its last legs. The fact is that Camelot is still going out of their way to make it, which is hell of a lot more that could be said for the past 7 years. They're giving an opportunity for fans to show themselves, and with how widespread we are, we can't just go quiet and ignore it.

Even if they're not the most favorable of circumstances, we're still being given a chance to show that the series is still worth pursuing. Might as well be the shining example to defy the odds of a dying 3DS, right?
The golden sun also had the same mentality with Dark Dawn.

Yet 8 years later, and we're still waiting for Isaac in Smash. Even when it wasn't released the same year as Xenoblade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom