• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Going to first tournament in a few days

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I need tips for my melee tourney I'm going to on Tuesday I'll be using my main :roymelee: and for support :yoshimelee: :mewtwomelee: :younglinkmelee:

AirFair

Marth tho
Have fun and try and play as many people as you can. If you are looking to improve, you should see if there is a top tier you might like.

Try and make some friends and play your matches on time.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Have fun and try and play as many people as you can. If you are looking to improve, you should see if there is a top tier you might like.

Try and make some friends and play your matches on time.
Thx and I liked to use these characters because I know how to play them

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
:roymelee: my main and for support :yoshimelee: :mewtwomelee: :younglinkmelee:
Expect a lot of people not to take you seriously.

There's nothing wrong with playing those characters, but near every match you play is going to be a living nightmare due to how barely viable those characters are. There's really not much that can be said other than to practice your heart out.

Good luck.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
my main :roymelee: and for support :yoshimelee: :mewtwomelee: :younglinkmelee:
If people beat you, they'll probably laugh at you, and if you manage to beat them, they'll hate you forever.

Thx and I liked to use these characters because I know how to play them
Watch Amsa or Leffen play Yoshi and you'll see that you don't really know how to play as yoshi. And even if you don't main a top tier, it is still beneficial to learn how to play one, because the skills will transfer back to your other characters and you'll have an easier time with that matchup.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
If people beat you, they'll probably laugh at you, and if you manage to beat them, they'll hate you forever.

Watch Amsa or Leffen play Yoshi and you'll see that you don't really know how to play as yoshi. And even if you don't main a top tier, it is still beneficial to learn how to play one, because the skills will transfer back to your other characters and you'll have an easier time with that matchup.
I play marth and shiek sometimes and just know I went to another local tournament and toke 1st it was a heated battle with my roy againts falco.I practice through friendlys that's how I get better

Last edited:

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I play marth and shiek sometimes and just know I went to another local tournament and toke 1st it was a heated battle with my roy againts falco.I practice through friendlys that's how I get better
But... The title? You said you were going to go to your first tournament **In a few days**? What? How can you already have won a tournament?

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
But... The title? You said you were going to go to your first tournament **In a few days**? What? How can you already have won a tournament?
I found another tournament that was today

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Could you possibly link us to results or footage of this tourney/match?
It was a small tourney it was about 15 people so they didn't make any footage plus my friend held the tournament and he dosent have access to YouTube yet meaning he has a account but dosent have a videocamera to record.You don't have to believe I don't mind but it's the legit truth sry :(

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Those are some interesting mains. I don't know if you can wave dash yet, but if you can't, it wouldn't be too late to pick up a character won't work against you. Now that aMSa plays Yoshi, there are more vids on how to play competitive with him, but for the rest of them, there aren't any pro players I can think of that main any of your characters. I'd suggest learning an easier character like Sheik or something so the struggle won't be so real for you. GL with your future development and welcome to competitive smash!

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Those are some interesting mains. I don't know if you can wave dash yet, but if you can't, it wouldn't be too late to pick up a character won't work against you. Now that aMSa plays Yoshi, there are more vids on how to play competitive with him, but for the rest of them, there aren't any pro players I can think of that main any of your characters. I'd suggest learning an easier character like Sheik or something so the struggle won't be so real for you. GL with your future development and welcome to competitive smash!
Thanks and yes I do know how to wavedash L cancel etc

Last edited:

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Just played friendlys and found out that :younglinkmelee: actually feels better then :roymelee: so young link is my final main

Top Bottom