• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goddess of Nature, Viridi Support Thread. Hoping for a sequel in less than 25 years

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I think people are underestimating her chances

She got a Mii costume over many other potential choices, her own stage, and appeared in the palutena’s guidence conversations.
She’s a unique female “villain” with a plant based moveset
I hope Sakurai is selfish and adds his own creation despite not a lot of demand

Of course ideally i would add Medusa and Hades too, Uprising is such a gem

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Just recently rewatched all the Palutena’s guidence conversations, I forgot how prominent Viridi is in them
I think she’s the character with the most representation that’s not playable

I think she’s the character with the most representation that’s not playable
2 stage elements, trophy, a mii costume, and sort of part of a moveset if you count Dark Pit.

All she needs is an AT and she pretty much has every non-playable role taken. . .unless they bring stickers back lol
:061:

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
2 stage elements, trophy, a mii costume, and sort of part of a moveset if you count Dark Pit.

All she needs is an AT and she pretty much has every non-playable role taken. . .unless they bring stickers back lol
:061:
I think Sakurai really wanted to put her in but maybe didn’t want to add too many kid Icarus reps or didn’t have time to so he represented her in any other way he could
If she’s a newcomer they could easily just remaster the reset bomb stage from 3ds for the new smash as her home stage

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If we get another Kid Icarus game then I think she’s a mainstay. Right now the series is on hold but I feel if it ever gets back on it’s feet then she’d be a main character and I also think her elemental-based attacks and sythe would make for an interesting Smash character. I support her.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think Viridi will be playable.
We saw a KI get two reps in Smash 4 (Palutena and Dark Pit)
Granted one was an echo, none-the-less - two reps.
Sakurai loves that series, it's one of his babies.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least one more newcomer in Smash Ultimate for the KI series.
I think based on all the love Viridi got in Smash 4, there's a good chance it'll be Viridi.
She was featured on a 3DS stage, had a voice role with Palutena's guidances, a trophy, and a Mii costume (post ballot).

I think her Mii costume was included along with some of the other mii costumes post ballot because it as noted how many votes/ how popular the character was. Since that ballot was said to be used for future installments... It wouldn't surprise me at all if Viridi showed up.

Plus it adds another female character to the roster... and she's like a villain.
I wonder if those are considerations Sakurai is making for this game... Daisy, ridley, and half of Inkling might be an indicator...

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, she is the only one other than Chrom in Palutena's Guidance who is not playable.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Viridi is my most wanted KI character that has a huge shot in smash ultimate she has a amazing personality. I want more females support.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, I was playing as my Viridi Mii today, and I have to say that Viridi model looks REALLY detailed. Like, I can't help but wonder if it's meaning something bigger for Smash Ultimate...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Made a Supporter's List for Viridi! A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , you can do whatever you like with it. :grin:
  1. Planet Zeb(es)~
  2. Lola Luftnagle
  3. Jason the Yoshi
  4. Aussie the Naturist
  5. smashkirby
  6. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  7. Schnee117
  8. fogbadge
  9. WhiteEaglePL
  10. Autumn ♫
  11. Luminario
  12. Kirbeh
  13. TheSqushiestManatee
  14. Pillowpet
  15. Curious Villager
  16. MarineIris
  17. SSBCandidates
  18. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  19. FrostShock
  20. JamesDNaux
  21. MrReyes96
  22. Nintenzilla *Reboot*
  23. Pizza Robo
  24. ErenJager
  25. SeanWheeler
  26. Takasmash

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played it before. But, I'm planning on getting Kid Icarus: Uprising for my 3DS. I support!

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
Viridi has a high chance of getting in, she is one of the few first party characters that stand out and she is popular in Japan, I wish she gets in as a playable character this time, she is my most wanted character! ✨✨

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Viridi info...need some Viridi info...Daddy Sakurai please reveal Viridi

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Viridi could work as an echo of Palutena if echoes allow for height differences. And since Sakurai invented echoes he also gets to decide for what they allow, and I think he'd rather add in Viridi. She's much more of KIU main cast than Medusa.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Viridi could either be an echo of Palutena, use any powers she no longer has, or be completely unique (as long as she gets in the game and uses the Reset Bombs as her final smash, I’ll be set)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Updated Support List
  1. Planet Zeb(es)~
  2. Lola Luftnagle
  3. Jason the Yoshi
  4. Aussie the Naturist
  5. smashkirby
  6. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  7. Schnee117
  8. fogbadge
  9. WhiteEaglePL
  10. Autumn ♫
  11. Luminario
  12. Kirbeh
  13. TheSqushiestManatee
  14. Pillowpet
  15. Curious Villager
  16. MarineIris
  17. SSBCandidates
  18. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  19. FrostShock
  20. JamesDNaux
  21. MrReyes96
  22. Nintenzilla *Reboot*
  23. Pizza Robo
  24. ErenJager
  25. SeanWheeler
  26. Takasmash
  27. SEGAGameBoy
  28. MainJPW
  29. Mr. Lilligant
  30. QrowinSP
  31. TMNTSSB4
  32. KMDP

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have realized that the 32nd Anniversary of Kid Icarus is on December 19th, nearly 2 weeks after Smash Ultimate is released...if we don’t get Viridi or Medusa in this game as a playable character Imma be shocked for life (or you know...they could also make an HD remake/port of Uprising then a sequel)

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have realized that the 32nd Anniversary of Kid Icarus is on December 19th, nearly 2 weeks after Smash Ultimate is released...if we don’t get Viridi or Medusa in this game as a playable character Imma be shocked for life (or you know...they could also make an HD remake/port of Uprising then a sequel)
32nd KI Anniversary.

32 supporters.

The stars have aligned.

Also, Hades and Viridi used to be level-pegging in Supporters, but Hades has pulled ahead by one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
32nd KI Anniversary.

32 supporters.

The stars have aligned.

Also, Hades and Viridi used to be level-pegging in Supporters, but Hades has pulled ahead by one.
And Viridi is right behind Shadow in the top 19 requested characters for Smash

Chrom is an echo of Roy with an aether different enough from Ike’s

Pit took back his Lighting Chariot

Echo fighters are a possibility

Viridi is opening more stars to align with

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sounds like a beautiful dream

Freecs

Smash Cadet
Do you think the Reset Bomb Forest stage deconfirms her? I guess she doesn’t necessarily have to show up in that stage.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do you think the Reset Bomb Forest stage deconfirms her? I guess she doesn’t necessarily have to show up in that stage.
I’d say she goes down to a 50/50 state

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Some genius pointed out that a way for her to work as a Palutena echo would be to just make her taller and older, since Goddess's can control that stuff according to KI lore written by Sakurai himself.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
that's actually not so bad..
I now have a desperate need for older!Viridi.

For real though, the fact that she canonically uses the powers Palutena uses. Maybe as an echo she could use ones that Palutena had in smash 4.

Up B: Jump Glide
Neutral B: Heavenly Light
Down B: Lightweight
Side B: Super Speed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’d like to see Viridi use the powers Palutena has rudely left (Heavenly Light and Lightweight cannot be cut no matter what)

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I now have a desperate need for older!Viridi.

For real though, the fact that she canonically uses the powers Palutena uses. Maybe as an echo she could use ones that Palutena had in smash 4.

Up B: Jump Glide
Neutral B: Heavenly Light
Down B: Lightweight
Side B: Super Speed
I'm down for that, and to see how sakurai takes on a older viridi

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
She’d be the same height as Pit and be a bit more calm
Well, she'd need to be closer to Palutena's height. And her personality would be the same: just her appearance was altered. After all, she's hundreds of years old in the game, if not thousands.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Viridi would be really nice.

I was thinking, even if her and Ashley wouldn't make it in, it'd be cool if intead of a mii costume on swordfighter, if they made a new mii fighter that's a mage/witch, and that could make it more matching (for mii costumes of characters like these.)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, she'd need to be closer to Palutena's height. And her personality would be the same: just her appearance was altered. After all, she's hundreds of years old in the game, if not thousands.
Pit is close to Palutena’s height, so Viridi could be the same height as he is, and I assume she’d be a bit nicer and less tsundre like (though of course I assume she still has a crush on Pit). As for her age, we can stick with infinity years old since she won’t reveal her goddess age nor what her human age would be.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Pit is close to Palutena’s height, so Viridi could be the same height as he is, and I assume she’d be a bit nicer and less tsundre like (though of course I assume she still has a crush on Pit). As for her age, we can stick with infinity years old since she won’t reveal her goddess age nor what her human age would be.
My point is that there's no reason for her personality to change.

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
I noticed that they have revealed absolutely NO Kid Icarus assist trophies yet and Reset Bomb Forest only has a couple of screenshots shown compared to most other stages that has had some video footage. Very interesting. I feel that Viridi as a fighter might still be possible.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My point is that there's no reason for her personality to change.
Unless it already happened for her...maturity when it comes to her true feelings that she keeps bottled inside her...and also to keep her children safe no matter what (unlike Palutena)

Top Bottom