• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goddess buffs in patch 1.1.4!!!

Are you satisfied with the buffs Palutena has received in patch 1.1.4?

• Yes

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Neutral

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
I'm making this thread ahead of time for our one and only beautiful goddess of light Palutena.

This thread is for Palutena buffs and only Palutena buffs.

Even if someone accidentally reports placebo please just correct them and move on. Please refrain for bashing people for mistakes, nobody is perfect.

If you have the ability to accurately count frames please make it know to everyone.

Let's enjoy our new and improved goddess! :D

Bayonetta < Palutena

Last edited:

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but has anything been seen with Palutena at all yet?

Can't vote just yet then, but I hope this thread will report a lot of stuff for her.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but has anything been seen with Palutena at all yet?

Can't vote just yet then, but I hope this thread will report a lot of stuff for her.
The patch hasn't happened yet, BUT WHEN IT DOES you know I'm going to be the first one in the lab =]

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
The patch hasn't happened yet, BUT WHEN IT DOES you know I'm going to be the first one in the lab =]
I hope you have everything recorded pre-patch then!

All the moves tested on Mario. All the tilts, all the aerials, all the specials, all the smashes. Speed and damage, movement speed and fall speed!

Then compare that recorded snip to Palutena when the patch hits!

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
Lmao. These preemptive votes tho.

It's all or nothing guys. Let's see if lady fortune will be on our side this patch.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, she seems unchanged to me regarding to frame data

Last edited:

Rran

Smash Apprentice
Even though I voted before the patch released, I am satisfied with my "no" vote :|

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps it's my imagination but it looks like her u-smash's hitbox is a bit bigger?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Can't say I'm surprised one bit.

Well, my friends, unless by some miracle the competitive scene for this game reconsiders its position on custom moves or atleast make an exception for Palutena, I'm afraid that's it as far as competitive Smash 4 is for our goddess. It's been well over a year since the release of this game and they have done barely anything about Palutena to get her out of the gutter she's been in in this custom-less meta.

Shameful. Well, hopefully when the next game comes around, Sakurai (or whoever's directing it by that point) realizes that designing a character around a peripheral feature that ended up being banned wasn't the smartest of ideas. But other than that, all we can do now is hope for a Project M-esque mod to come along and fix this mess.

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
Lol, welp. No buffs here I guess lmao

Back to training mode I go. I wasn't in dire need for her to get buffed anyway :p

Wonkit

Smash Rookie
We wanted a subpar f-tilt anyway. . .

Last edited:

Xenami

Smash Rookie
NNID
FlamingPotato12
No buffs? And people accuse Sakurai of being biased

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
Well, we can always look at the bright side.
Palutena didn't get nerfed.
.........Right? :p

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
I checked every single move and the checked the framedata a I can report it looks like forward tilt got an angle change? Other than that... nothing... absolutely nothing has changed. I didn't compare run speeds though. I can thoroughly say I a definitely unsatisfied with the sheer lack of buffs, because it means she's getting nerfed indirectly matchup wise. Maybe the KBG and BKB are different well have to see when the patch notes for patch 1.1.4 comes out. How could they possibly overlook this character? I mean, do they not see the sheer amount of lag on several of her moves compared with other light weight characters and her under average damage output? If they were going to make her frame data this bad they could at LEAST give her a default set the supports her like 2123 and not a hyperdefensive 1111 set that's extremely slow that can't even wall projectile based characters

Palutena buffs:
Forward tilt: links better now, still ****, seems to have an angle adjustment or KB adjustment, did I mention it's still ****?
Evidence: it hits twice (on pit) at 140+

Last edited by a moderator:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I'm so done with this

I don't even have a witty comment.

This character had been bad from day 1 and hasn't gotten any better. I don't know what the balance team is smoking.

Screw this. I'm salt as hell.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
I'm so done with this

This character had been bad from day 1 and hasn't gotten any better. I don't know what the balance team is smoking.

I've been salt Hell since patch 1.1.2

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'm so done with this

Whatever they're smoking seems to make them think that everyone on the planet uses custom moves, it looks like.

Last edited:

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Well guys look on the bright side, now that DLC is over all of the upcoming patches are going to be character based. We can expect the most buffs then in 2~4 months when patch 1.1.5 drops. I'm looking forward to it (^_^ ), so please don't drop Palutena...speaking of dropping Palutena does that mean AeroLink_the_SoulMaster AeroLink_the_SoulMaster is going to be the Bayonetta mod and not the Palutena mod now?

Last edited:

CreatureComforts

Smash Rookie
I checked every single move and the checked the framedata a I can report it looks like forward tilt got an angle change? Other than that... nothing... absolutely nothing has changed. I didn't compare run speeds though. I can thoroughly say I a definitely unsatisfied with the sheer lack of buffs, because it means she's getting nerfed indirectly matchup wise. Maybe the KBG and BKB are different well have to see when the patch notes for patch 1.1.4 comes out. How could they possibly overlook this character? I mean, do they not see the sheer amount of lag on several of her moves compared with other light weight characters and her under average damage output? If they were going to make her frame data this bad they could at LEAST give her a default set the supports her like 2123 and not a hyperdefensive 1111 set that's extremely slow that can't even wall projectile based characters
I have no problem with Palutena being hyperdefensive. It's just that having so many laggy, extremely punishable moves kind of defeats the purpose of having all that defense.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Well guys look on the bright side, now that DLC is over all of the upcoming patches are going to be character based. We can expect the most buffs then in 2~4 months when patch 1.1.5 drops. I'm looking forward to it (^_^ ), so please don't drop Palutena...speaking of dropping Palutena does that mean AeroLink_the_SoulMaster AeroLink_the_SoulMaster is going to be the Bayonetta mod and not the Palutena mod now?
I'm still a mod of the Palutena boards, and I'm already a mod of the Bayonetta boards.

wpwood

Smash Apprentice
We've been making due with what we have, so there's no reason to drop the character now. Palutena just feels right to me, and I can't play any other character the way I play her.

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
The meltdown was real lmao.

Anyways, I ain't dropping her myself. I still think she's more than viable and has plenty of potential to be a good fighter (yes, even without the buffs). So, it's gonna be awhile till I even consider switching.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Her Counter needs a buff URGENTLY. It's freaking useless and using it is not really worth it. I can never kill anyone with it.

Top Bottom