• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Go-Kakuto-Geemu Results!!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I kind of disagree with that, actually. It doesn't take into account the matchups faced, the consistency of said placers, and things of that nature. It's a strictly numerical mindset and numbers are reliable most of the time; but in this case, despite them placing well in this event, that doesn't necessarily equate to a "tough bracket" under the usual context of the term.

MJG

Smash Hero
Yeah man, you had to fight a Ganondorf - that's surely bracket **** for a character as weak as Diddy Kong! Seriously, no johns. How can you complain about 9th if you can't beat a Ganondorf?!? No offense to Fonz intended, I'm sure his Ganon is **** but calling Ganondorf and Yoshi a "really tough bracket" is a pretty huge stretch, no matter who they're played by.

Wasn't this your lowest placing in Ohio in a really long time though? How can that be with MK banned? Isn't he the "stupid" character that holds Diddy back so much?

:059:
Why are you posting as if you could do any better?

Good job fonz and good job GOD KAIS!

link2702

Smash Champion
this still shatters all logic around

don't get me wrong i'm sure fonz is an amazing player(haven't seen any vids of him, *insert flameshield* ) after all he just won a tournament with...ganon...

but...thats just the thing...he won it with...

ganon.

tis a sign people...with metaknight gone...look at the variety of characters...and look what character WON the tournament.

this one tournament with meta banned has shown whats possible with him gone...you know what needs to be done now people.

da time is now.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Argent-- it was fun playing friendlies ggs
Blue rogue-- it was fun playing friendly doubles with you ggs
Boob-- Fun friendly doubles ggs
Carls--Ggs, nice placement
Dayzon--
Fonz-- Good stuff dude!
Fromoundman-- it was fun playing friendly doubles with you ggs
Kassandra-- ggs fun friendlies,
tHEKiest--I use Mario but doesn't Matter
Thuluis--GGS, nice comeback 2nd match

Nope

Smash Lord
The real truth is he wouldn't have played any MK mains anyway. This tournament really wasn't an accurate display of what an MK banned event would be. Ganon will not rise just because MK is gone haha. Still Fonz has the best Ganon around and always has! If you have doubts about it or the players he beat with him MM any of them and let them change your mind!

link2702

Smash Champion
But this is one of the tournaments that actually DID ban the bat.

How are we gonna get an accurate display of what one will look like if no one else will take the incentive to host one? MK banned tournaments are very rare, the few that do happen, tend to get the same response this one did "well this one honestly doesn't give an accurate view of what a real one would look like"

we aren't ever gonna get an idea of what would happen with him gone unless the community takes charge and starts hosting several of them for awhile and see what happens

Triple R

Smash Lord
But this is one of the tournaments that actually DID ban the bat.

How are we gonna get an accurate display of what one will look like if no one else will take the incentive to host one? MK banned tournaments are very rare, the few that do happen, tend to get the same response this one did "well this one honestly doesn't give an accurate view of what a real one would look like"

we aren't ever gonna get an idea of what would happen with him gone unless the community takes charge and starts hosting several of them for awhile and see what happens
This is a tourney results thread.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Meta Knight will prolly be banned at the next one. (Though not the one after that.... unless this increases attendance)

@Sorasin: I think your a good falco, but not a strong one. The other falco's/snakes I'm referring to have won tournes and are on the top 10. Don't let that discourage you though, keep at it son!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lol that was AZ? I was cracking up the whole video lmao.

Fonz is the Ganon of the people... he bought everyone beer after he won, while I would have just wasted the money buying my gerudo babes new earrings

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Too bad the footage is all blurry, but glad there is something LOL, oh and btw the huge scream at 1:14 in, is because everyone thought I won....I grabbed Wario at 95% and choked my F-smash, I thought my heart was going to explode from my chest when I grabbed him.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't think I've ever heard or read ANYTHING on SWF ever concerning "I had to play a Ganondorf" for a tournament.

Look what you've done, Fonz.

D

Deleted member

I don't think I've ever heard or read ANYTHING on SWF ever concerning "I had to play a Ganondorf" for a tournament.

Look what you've done, Fonz.
Reading this made me giddy with excitement for the next tournament I attend that Fonz is also at for some reason. I'm definitely gonna money match him if I don't face him in bracket.

Wolf vs. Ganon is pretty exciting.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
tis a sign people...with metaknight gone...look at the variety of characters...and look what character WON the tournament.

this one tournament with meta banned has shown whats possible with him gone...you know what needs to be done now people.
I think I said it before, but honestly, Ganon is probably one of the least affected by a MK banned tourny. I mean, a lot of characters are being kept down by MK alone. Ganon is being kept down by the entire cast, the physics engine, Brawl in general, and ****, even SBR rules shaft him with the Suicide rule.

There's no way around it, it had nothing to do with MK; Fonz is just a beast.

link2702

Smash Champion
I think I said it before, but honestly, Ganon is probably one of the least affected by a MK banned tourny. I mean, a lot of characters are being kept down by MK alone. Ganon is being kept down by the entire cast, the physics engine, Brawl in general, and ****, even SBR rules shaft him with the Suicide rule.

There's no way around it, it had nothing to do with MK; Fonz is just a beast.
maybe so....BUT!

look at just how much variety was in the rest of the tournament

there wasn't a single character truely taking like half the spots like you see meta do in normal tournaments, the whole thing was spread out more evenly with a variety of characters.

and, certain characters that normally get ****ed by metaknight alone, but have even, to "managable" matchups against alot of the other high tier characters were also able to show up, it wasn't restricted to *just* those that go even to almost even with meta.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
MYSTERY EVENT: Mario Party 8 Shake It

1: Jiffy ($4.75)
2: Th3Composer ($0.25)
3: KarateLincoln
3: Blue Rogue
5: jt5565
5: Thulius
5: Avenger
5: Ryujin
9: Auspher
9: Hitstun
9: swole
9: Juushichi
9: Argent
9: SoraSin
9: Solecalibur
9: TheKiest
17: Fields
17: LoZ
17: Doctah Squid
17: Rikku
This is the most wrong, switch these
yes its important

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Um...Link, buddy, pal, homie...Ohio has variety in its tournaments even with MK in the picture. Please stop trying to make this into a ban MK thread.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
OMFG what is this ****!??!?!

loasdfkoasdflasooooooooolrofmfofmfofmfoffofllmao

So apparently I had a really tough bracket at this tournament - I lost to Fonz in winners (1st place) and MX in losers (3rd place) and somehow that got me 9th. This was a really fun tournament and I had a blast, it was also very interesting seeing these characters perform so well. Congratulations to everyone!!!
LOOOOOOOOOL

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why are you posting as if you could do any better?
Because I would've.

And had I failed to do so at least I wouldn't have johned about my "tough" bracket afterwards.

Basically what Illmatic said.

:059:

D

Deleted member

I mean, just look at who he beat. You really think you could top that?

Have you ever seen his Ganon before?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Every character is limited.

Ganon is an extremely limited character.

If players just play "safe", choose when to use certain moves in the correct situations, and don't play against the Ganon to have fun (aggressive playstyle, poor ledge game) it's extremely easy to beat any Ganondorf.

Grats to Fonz though.
I don't have any idea how AlphaZealot's Diddy lost to him.

wow

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That's true, I remember Fonz going toe-to-toe in a money match with ADHD's Diddy back at Pound 4. He's no stranger to the matchup by any means.

Top Bottom