• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Go-Kakuto-Geemu Results!!!

link2702

Smash Champion
O_O

my eyes...are they seeing what i think they are seeing.

a ganon.

...won a tournament in brawl?

i mean ya metafag was banned but....still...GANON!?!

...HOW? i'm not sayin the person who played ganon wasn't skilled, after all its pretty clear he is...BUT...

....its ganon.....

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
1: Fonz - Ganon for S tier... good **** man.
2: Blue Rogue ($43.50) - You seem like a cool guy. But you called me Melons. So now I kinda gotta be mad at you. :c Oh well, good stuff taking second! Stay snug.
3: MX778 ($14.50) - Good stuff
4: Y.b.M. ($5.00) - Good set, I'll learn to not do random airdodges one of these days.
5: Luminoth - You seem like a really cool guy, keep up the good work, and maybe I'll see ya at GP4?
7: SoraSin - Shoutouts to the Hun from Mulan.
9: TheKiest - It was nice meetin you! Thanks for letting us stay at your place Friday night, and I hope I can keep makin it out to these tournaments, and your maybe national next year.
13: KarateLincoln :iceclimbers: - GG's, I'm still kinda salty about game 1, but you got me game 2 regardless.
17: Avenger - So I heard ibombing the ice climbers was a good idea and it never gets you grabbed ever.
17: Juushichi - Hey man it was nice to meet you too! Come out to GP4, it'll be a great time!
17: Auspher - Good set, and sorry about that dsmash gimp on delfino, I know its kinda silly :/
17: Doctah Squid - DO A 1v1 JERKOFF.
17: Th3Composer - I was counting on you to win Shake it. And we need to get better at Marvel. Next time we have a columbus tourney we need to do our best jim tressel impression, and leave with all the money.
17: Solecalibur - I think I talked to you a little bit, you seem like a good guy
25: Fields - Another toon link main? How come I didn't see you at all? I like meeting other toon link players...

And everyone, come to Indiana for GP Affairs 4. It'll be awesome.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Fun tournament, and well run, especially considering the number of games.

Gah! I'm semi-salty about missing the Mystery Event. I don't think that anyone could have taken me in that.
Also, I am laughing about the 1st and last place in that event XD

Not that it mattered, but I also went Wolf and Mario in singles. Actually, I may be done with brawl after this. It really depends on if smashers in Dayton start getting together or not, but no point in throwing away money on a game I'm playing once every 6 months, especially when I'm having so much more fun with MVC3.

1: Fonz: Good ****! You sir are now officially the coolest smasher ever. Wish I could have stayed to watch finals. I love how this tournament removed the hard counter to half the cast, including Lucario, and yet you just say '**** it' and win the tournament with a character who gets hard countered by damn near everyone.

2: Blue Rogue: What happened? Wario wasn't banned!
3: MX778: Good **** on 3rd! A Ganon and a Yoshi in top 3?
4: Y.b.M. God Kais! I was hoping to get some friendlies against you in MVC3. Maybe next time.
5: Luminoth: Reppin' that Wolf!
7: SoraSin: 3rd time's the charm. Sorry I didn't talk too much, I was kind of feeling out of it.
9: Argent: I suck :p
9: TheKiest: Good games! I can't believe I gayed you out of like 3-4 stocks, but you still whupped my ***.
13: KarateLincoln: Lol @ the only thing you said to me in the hour or so we played MVC3 was to get mad at me at my ignorance of TV and Fear Factor.
13: Jiffy: Fun doubles games. Dat Ness too good.
17: Juushichi: Good to see you again. Glad to see you ended up going Mario in this tournament after all.
17: Auspher: Moar Lasers! Moar Bears! Sorry I didn't get to play you; I would have liked to get a few games in.
17: Suyon: I disappointed you master! Please forgive me!
17: jt5565: I'm too slow! Good games.
25: SnadMonkey: You probably won't see this, but good **** on MVC. Gonna go mess around with the stuff you told me.
25: Fromundaman: Stop getting your assists killed, and believe in the Cap team next time!
25: mars16: We played some Mario dittos right? Fun games.

D

Deleted member

1: Fonz ($87.00) + $25.00 Gift Card to Zeno's - Dude, you are amazing with this character. Keep it up!

2: Blue Rogue ($43.50) - Sorry I was cheering for Fonz in Grand Finals, but come on....it's GANON! Haha, good job on second, though! Play more DDR.

3: MX778 ($14.50) - Your Yoshi is incredible! I love that character, but I have trouble using him myself, so it's really nice to see you repping him.

4: Y.b.M. ($5.00) - YOU GOT HELD BACK BY THAT GANON.

5: Luminoth - Yeah, it appears the D3 fear was unwarranted at this tournament after all. I should have used more Wolf. I would have placed better... :(

5: Kel - Falco? Come on, man! Pick the better space animal :wolf: :3

7: SoraSin - BEER!

7: Carls493 - This was your first offline tournament? Holy crap, dude!!

9: SneakyTako - You seemed kinda drunk at this tournament, lol.

9: Argent - My Lucario is still pretty terrible. :<

9: AlphaZealot - You should do a little editing to your Unity Ruleset. :3

9: TheKiest - Good tournament! I'm all for the next one being a MK ban tournament. Grand Finals was actually extremely fun to watch, and it seemed like everyone had a good time!

13: Jiffy - Playing Lucas against your Ness is always fun. Fox was a bad idea, lol. Maybe that would have worked better if you were using Wario. Next time, I'll take you out with Wolf. :bee:

13: KassandraNova - You didn't do too bad with your main banned at all. The funny thing is that I REALLY felt like playing Meta Knight at this tournament, too.

17: Avenger - Yeah, I was just a little pissed that the match had to end that way. That gimmick is so lame, haha. I should have went Wolf against you from the start. I really underestimated you, and you seem like a pretty cool guy.

17: Juushichi - Mental block on Wolf? Nah, he's just that good of a character. :3

17: Auspher - Get better.

17: Suyon - Were you having an off day? Since when are you down here? :<

17: Doctah Squid - Purple drank.

17: Th3Composer - Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

17: Solecalibur - Where did your Wolf go? :(

25: Fields - You're getting better. Keep working at it. It's nice to see you at these tournaments!

25: Rikku - Falco looks so hard for Lucario...Practice on wifi!!

25: Fromundaman - Yeah, last time I played you was at the one smashfest you hosted before you moved, haha.

25: mars16 - Your Mario looked pretty decent!

Had a blast at this thing! Admittedly, I was pretty bored earlier in the day, but Grand Finals and the celebration that followed made this whole day worth it. I look forward to seeing everyone again soon!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Masky: you hate when people cheer for Ganon? I wasn't aware most people have even seen a Ganon past Losers round 2 or 3.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Timeouts exist inside the game where anything is fair. Outside the game, rules of common decency apply like not ganging up on some dude for no reason (character choice... not a reason) and not trying to apologize for something a person's not actually sorry for. Obviously I wasn't even there but it just sounds like everyone was cheering against him which sucks when that happens, it's just mean
Who are you to deem what an appropriate reason is for cheering, let alone one of the most common reasons (character choice/underdog scenario) for it? Common decency is overrated under this kind of context, and people are going to cheer for whoever they want no matter what their reason for it is. Faulting anybody for doing so is just silly and prudish.

Kel

Smash Master
For the record, the only time I used Falco in the tournament was one game against MX. I also killed myself at 0% second stock from being so unused to him. I was 99% Snake. Thanks

D

Deleted member

Masky, you're saying it like I was booing Blue Rogue and telling him to SD, which I wasn't. I was just cheering on the underdog. Plain and simple.

Who are you, anyway? Can't say I've heard of/seen you around before.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Well Auspher all I can think of is I'm rusty or maybe I didn't care. I do know that I haven't played Pit at all since doubles. I just played Marth, Snake, and Fox only. If I really care I should start practicing, wifi or something. I was just doing instincts in singles.

Good job in winning the tournament Fonz.

We did well Argent when both our teammates bailed out on us.
Good games Luminoth. Clutch wolf. Just didn't know how to approach since everything you did beat my moves.
Good games to all.

Just also want to say I am impressed in how well this tournament ran with this many events. Good job to Kiest and the other TO's.
Blue you gotta get rid of this curse. Maybe a milkshake before or during the tournament will help man or even WF, LF, or GR.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
MK banned tourney and Ganon won? Ganon is the future.

I knew it. MK is keeping the Ganon down. My fears have been realized.

Good job Fonz and MX!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero