• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Go-Kakuto-Geemu Results!!!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
ARCANA HEART 3

(Apologies if I have the results wrong here)
1: Jetm ($28.00)
2: Tiggy ($7.00)
3: Dullyanna ($5.00)
4: Ryujin
5: Mr. Two
5: Emba
7: Blue Rogue
7: Juushichi

BLAZBLUE: CS
1: Jetm ($36.00)
2: Mr. Two ($9.00)
3: jimmy ($5.00)
4: Mr. Two
5: Tiggy
5: Ryujin
7: Blue Rogue
7: Athrex
9: Solecalibur
9: TheKiest

Marvel Vs Capcom 3
1: Jetm ($81.00)
2: Sketch ($40.50)
3: SnadMonkey ($13.50)
4: 645
5: Beverage55
5: Thulius
7: Townes
7: Fonz
9: jimmy
9: Y.b.M.
9: KarateLincoln
9: Emba
13: Avenger
13: Heno
13: JeLLITYMe
13: Izuma
17: SonicLionheart
17: Fromundaman
17: Hitstun
17: Scott P
17: Combot
17: Athrex
17: Th3Composer
17: PointedShadows
25: Ryujin
25: Blue Rogue
25: Dimitri

Mortal Kombat 2011

1: DandyJ ($36.00)
2: dudefella ($9.00)
3: jimmy ($5.00)
4: Dullyanna
5: Geochron
5: Athrex
7: Fields
7: KarateLincoln
9: Auspher
9: SonicLionheart

Smash Bros. Brawl Singles
1: Fonz ($87.00) + $25.00 Gift Card to Zeno's

2: Blue Rogue ($43.50) :wario:
3: MX778 ($14.50) :yoshi2:
4: Y.b.M. ($5.00) :kirby2:
5: Luminoth :wolf:
5: Kel :falco: / :snake:
7: SoraSin :falco:
7: Carls493 :fox:
9: SneakyTako :rob:
9: Argent :lucario:
9: AlphaZealot :diddy: / :donkeykong:
9: TheKiest :dedede:
13: KarateLincoln :iceclimbers:
13: Jiffy :wario:
13: KassandraNova :peach:
13: Thulius :lucario:
17: Avenger :toonlink:
17: Juushichi :mario2:
17: Auspher :wolf:
17: Suyon :pit:
17: jt5565 :sonic:
17: Doctah Squid :olimar:
17: Th3Composer :wario:
17: Solecalibur :zerosuitsamus:
25: Fields :toonlink:
25: SnadMonkey :random:
25: Rikku :lucario:
25: Fromundaman :kirby2:
25: Beverage55 :random:
25: mars16 :random:

Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles
1: Kel + Y.b.M. ($60.50)
2: Fonz + Quivo (Fonz + Quivo) ($33.00)
3: Argent + Suyon (Argent + Suyon) ($16.50)
4: Coheed and Cambria (SoraSin + Luminoth)
5: Sky PIrates (Jiffy + Blue)
5: jt5565 + MX (jt5565 + MX)
7: Kass N *** (TheKiest + Kass)
7: Juu + Squid
9: Fields + Gaga (Fields + Gaga)
9: Avenger + Composer (Avenger + Composer)
9: Beverage55 + Snadmonkey (Beverage55 + Snadmonkey)

Smash Bros. Melee
1: Greg ($32.00)
2: Kel ($8.00)
3: darkwingduck ($5.00)
4: Beverage55
5: Blue Rogue
5: SnadMonkey
7: Daizan
7: Dullyanna
9: Nick

Super Street Fighter 4: AE
1: Sketch ($63.00)
2: JeLLITYMe ($18.00)
3: Dullyanna ($9.00)
4: Double Scoops ($5.00)
5: Rakae
7: Athrex
7: DandyJ
9: Ryujin
9: SonicLionheart
9: jimmy
9: Leon
13: Th3Composer
13: PointedShadows
13: LoZ
13: Y.b.M.
17: Beverage55
17: SnadMonkey

MYSTERY EVENT: Mario Party 8 Shake It

1: Jiffy ($4.75)
2: Th3Composer ($0.25)
3: KarateLincoln
3: Blue Rogue
5: jt5565
5: Avenger
5: Ryujin
9: Auspher
9: Hitstun
9: swole
9: Juushichi
9: Argent
9: SoraSin
9: Solecalibur
9: TheKiest
17: Fields
17: LoZ
17: Doctah Squid
17: Rikku

TO Shoutouts:
Thanks to all that came this weekend.
Thanks to Ryujin, Rakae, Athrex, Izuna, Sole, an d Kuhlau for helping run the events.
Thanks to anyone who came from outside of columbus for making the event more fun.
Thanks to anyone who brought a setup.
Thanks to Indiana car that helped me setup and tear down.
Thanks to KarateLincoln/Baro whose soothing voice ended the night well. (He's a good singer)
Thanks to Fonz for making the Grand Finals in Brawl watchable.

Also, the following items were left behind:
A copy of SSF4, MvC3 for the PS3
A surge protector
Rakae's Fan (Now in with the TV's)
A Gamestop 360 Pad
Someone's dignity

I am missing my PS3/PSP cord that was with my Blue PS3 controller at the BlazBlue Setup.

Apologies to Blue Rogue for not paying out right. I owe you $15.

LESSONS LEARNED FOR NEXT TIME
1. Remember to bring my Wii setup with Melee... Ugh... and my laptop cable.
2. No more pools. I originally did this because I like the idea of people having a chance to play everyone. However if the scene is fine with just straight bracket I will deliver. This will also make room for more games.
3. Remember to have SD rule for Brawl written. I will be debating which one I actually want kept, or I will make a new one which is a hybrid of the two.
4. MK banned tournes do hav e more Hype, but then again there were not any strong Snake or Falco players. (No offense Kel, but MK is still your main.)
5. Use Hitstun's back-up Live Stream.... lolz
6. Remember to spray Febreeze into the fans every 2 hours.
7. Find a way to get word to players upstairs that their matches are starting.

While it was a bit more crowded this time, I plan on running more events at Zeno's. Momo's is a goal of mine, but I don't want to go there because the following reasons:
1) Zeno's food is 10x better and it's cheaper.
2) The venue cost is much cheaper, I like 5 dollar venue.

Maybe at the 10th Kakuto, I will think about hosting a larger event at Momo's.

Please post them shoutouts!

Smash Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12926734
SRK Link: http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/ouga-cc-go-kakuto-geemu-june-25th-results.139728/

sorasin

Smash Apprentice
Woot, good stuff Kiest. Was a great event. Zeno's is ****ing awesome, looking forward to more events there.

Glad you think I'm not a "strong Falco player" :p.. It's all good though I'll just have to prove you wrong.

Kel

Smash Master
Zeno's is cool except for the nail boobie traps left around on roads.

In before EC makes fun of us.

Thanks to Kiest for running.

Also, huge congratulations to Fonz for winning his first tournament and doing it with style. In addition, he didn't play any MK mains so he could have done this at ANY TOURNAMENT.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Pshhh bring on those Falcos. :troll:

I really enjoyed this tournament Kiest. I'm also proud of my performance. This is my first time ever placing top 5. :D I can't wait for the next one!

/agree with Sora and Kel.

Shoutouts soon to come!

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Fonz beat KarateLincoln with Lucario, then went all Ganon beating me, AlphaZealot, Y.b.M., Blue Rogue. In Grand Finals, he lost to Blue Rogue then won the second set.

Also, I am not a Wario main. I went Wario for 2 games all tourney; once in singles, once in doubles, both I lost. Thank you.

solecalibur

Smash Master
A surge protector -) Mine
I might have your PS3 charger as well im not 100% sure

also played :dedede: :snake: :wario: & :lucario:

also would love to help host more and maybe come earlier to help organize

Shout outs to Jiffy being the better shaker of all time

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Who all recorded it the "shake it" contest? I saw alot of cameras....

Youtube!!!!!!

I will do proper shoutouts later tonight or tomorrow.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
Pretty sure that surge protector is mine. I took one I thought was mine, but I figure it was actually yours (Sole). I also left my glasses at the venue. I hope they were found.

Two corrections: I got fifth in Arcana because I beat Emba 2-1 (all Konoha) and I only won with Sheik. I barely ever even play Mario. If you want to put him down, put Kirby and Pit down for my results as well. Good games to Lumi and Sorasin. I realize plain out that I just don't know how to fight Wolf. It'll be a matchup I have to learn in the future. Good **** for doing what you did yesterday Lumi.

@ Sora. Well... I can't really be mad at how I did against you. The SD on my last life as I was trying to return to the edge was unfortunate, but hey. Not really glad you shortened your phantasm on Frigate, but it was smart. My fsmash with Kirby would have taken you out for sure. Honestly, I felt like your loss against the Fox had shaken your confidence a bit before we played, but I'll take what I can get lol. Good **** recovering from those two matchups and doing work before you had to face Lumi again.

Shoutouts to Fonz who did ****ing work, taking names and putting out GK's like it's something really easy to do... and with Ganondorf no less. Even overcame a "0-100" matchup twice against his (Blue Rouge's) Ice Climbers.

Shoutouts to MX who got over a minor slump against AZ and then put Y.b.M. and Kel out of the tournament. Really really legit work. Almost successfully ran the GK gauntlet like Fonz did for a Low Tier Grand Finals. How crazy is that?

Shoutouts to the "new" Columbus players Carls and Thulius who came up and did work as well. I hope to see you guys around the scene some more.

Shoutouts to Dullyanna for putting off the entire smash scene with your apparent douchebaggery and being overall loud and obnoxious.

shoutouts to Tom having Windjammers on his Wii... even though we didn't get to play it. Maybe next time. Amazing tournament, wonderful venue, wonderful people (barring a few). Glad I came. Here's to me doing better than my namesake (17) next time.

Oh, extra shoutout to Blue Rouge. Again, I apologize for cheering against you in Grand Finals. There was the hype of Ganon being in it (not dropping a set) and then the crowd just got behind it and just kept from there. I can only imagine how nerve wracking it was dealing with that. Good **** on GF set 1, more or less taking the steam out of the crowd. Made some smart decisions. It was fun watching you play Melee and trolling with Ness as well as just overall chilling this weekend. Like I said, I got you on some (3) drinks.

Extra, extra shoutout to Jiffy for being loyal and sticking for Blue Rouge when everyone cheered against him. That was pretty cool to see, honestly.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Good **** Fonz! Wtf man. Like seriously, this makes me realize how much I need to fkin step it up.

I always knew your Ganon was really good but jesus ****... I'm humbled

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Pretty sure that surge protector is mine. I took one I thought was mine, but I figure it was actually yours (Sole). I also left my glasses at the venue. I hope they were found.

Two corrections: I got fifth in Arcana because I beat Emba 2-1 (all Konoha) and I only won with Sheik. I barely ever even play Mario. If you want to put him down, put Kirby and Pit down for my results as well. Good games to Lumi and Sorasin. I realize plain out that I just don't know how to fight Wolf. It'll be a matchup I have to learn in the future. Good **** for doing what you did yesterday Lumi.

@ Sora. Well... I can't really be mad at how I did against you. The SD on my last life as I was trying to return to the edge was unfortunate, but hey. Not really glad you shortened your phantasm on Frigate, but it was smart. My fsmash with Kirby would have taken you out for sure. Honestly, I felt like your loss against the Fox had shaken your confidence a bit before we played, but I'll take what I can get lol. Good **** recovering from those two matchups and doing work before you had to face Lumi again.

Shoutouts to Fonz who did ****ing work, taking names and putting out GK's like it's something really easy to do... and with Ganondorf no less. Even overcame a "0-100" matchup twice against his (Blue Rouge's) Ice Climbers.

Shoutouts to MX who got over a minor slump against AZ and then put Y.b.M. and Kel out of the tournament. Really really legit work. Almost successfully ran the GK gauntlet like Fonz did for a Low Tier Grand Finals. How crazy is that?

Shoutouts to the "new" Columbus players Carls and Thulius who came up and did work as well. I hope to see you guys around the scene some more.

Shoutouts to Dullyanna for putting off the entire smash scene with your apparent douchebaggery and being overall loud and obnoxious.

shoutouts to Tom having Windjammers on his Wii... even though we didn't get to play it. Maybe next time. Amazing tournament, wonderful venue, wonderful people (barring a few). Glad I came. Here's to me doing better than my namesake (17) next time.
Who was this Dullyanna guy?

As for Blue Rogue's ICs, I think the MU is hard because of Blizzard which he never really did.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
He mostly hung around the back, near the bar and constantly was yelling about "taking Columbus' money" and stuff. If you hovered around the end of SF, he was the (T. Hawk) guy playing Jelly and yelling about how long SF took.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Who'd Fonz end up beating?
Vermanubis, I defeated Karatelincoln (Ice Climbers although I used Lucario on this one) The rest I played Ganondorf.....Jiffyboob (Ness), Alphazealot (Diddy Kong), YbM (Kirby), Blue Rogue (Ice climbers and Wario), then Blue Rogue (Wario) again in Grand Finals.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord