• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GnG CHAMPIONSHIPS//MMMB -- AUG 14TH, MN --- HYPE IT UP!!!

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i dont think online brawl will really show the skill of our brawl players because i dont think most of them still play online.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
All of MN should go to the Games N Go monthly thing this friday, to hang out with me. Because when I move up in August we're all going to be BFFs.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
new prague (where i live) is like right in between the cities and kato, the cities is 45 min north, kato is 45 min south. so that means its more like a 2 hour drive to the cities from kato. still not really a big deal though, im so used to driving about 2 hours total for anything anyways.. haha.

BLUEZAFT im very excited to meet you and im down to play melee/chill anytime when you arrive! I also go to kato for parties a lot because a ton of my high school friends go there now

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
first post updated with most recent info, venue info up! took m2k/darc off the list because there is no way they will come prolly. PC is still an option but I havent talked to him about it in a min.

the turnout for this is looking real **** tho! and prices are good for you winners so come on out!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Man, Minnesota people are awesome. It's really hard to get people to play in Texas. I think I'll like it here.

By the way, is there anyone who would be able to let me crash at their place after the tourney friday night? Just looking for a place to stay that's closer to the Minneapolis airport than Mankato, so I don't have to drive the 80 miles super early in the morning.

Lol doesn't mankato have the highest STD rate in MN?
woo party!

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
the best thing about mankato is that the cops dont give a *** hahaha ive been at several parties that got busted but only there and my house once have the cops CHILLED WITH US before leaving and not give anyone tickets.

bluezaft do you need a ride to the airport or do you have a vehicle here? I live 45 mins, which will be your last option if no one accepts lol

bluezaft

The True Zaft
That's kind of amazing.

I have a rental car. Thanks for offering, I may be taking you up on that. Unless...?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
poor PD lol im gonna start playing more 64 just so you have someone better to play with and for something to do :p mini 64 tournies would be a fun side thing to take place in eventually.

and alright zaft just hit me up, see u friday right?

napZzz

Smash Hero
if this is an interested atendees list you should've just put pretty much every brawl player from MN

Triple R

Smash Lord
Are the prizes for this...store credit? Out of curiosity?
I've been wondering this too, since it is through GnG. I'm kinda hoping not, cause I don't know what I'd use my store credit to get from there.....

Edit: Especailly since the last two NEW games I got there from won store credit both had already cracked cases >: ( The games worked fine though.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
heath i was like 16 when you forced me to take those nasty pics of you and ryan LOL U SICK *** jk

deepak and i are taking em all...

also if anyone wants to smash this week throw me a text

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
those are just the prices that gene posted, hes in charge of all of that. i think because not many of the bad players would enter if it was 10, but want me to ask him if we can make it 10 for u guys? im sure he would agree that because of oos interest it should be 10/20

but then if you guys still want to make some monz you will have to hype it up here some more cuz then less randoms will be entering! lol

this tourney is very worth it to come to! the venue is open from 10am to 4am in a hotel with melee/brawl going on THE ENTIRE TIME over all those other games going on the side =D

this will be a good low stress tourny for some of you good oos players to come to if you're looking for a good time + winning a decent sized tournament

napZzz

Smash Hero
heres the thing. Lets say, 40 people enter the tourney, 10$ entry fee. Thats 400$ in the pot

You lower it to 5$, and around 10 randoms MAX might enter. the pot is currently going to be 250$, barely over half the normal one at the cost of some bad kids deciding to enter. This doesn't appeal to all the OOS players who might want to come, nor does it appeal to most of the people here because it takes away from the competitive aspect and makes it seem like its not that serious/big of a tourney.

You just lost what may have been around 10 OOS players+ in the process lowering the competition and pot value, all because you wanted to let some ba dkids enter

I shouldn't have said this considering i'd rather have easy money with no OOS people coming

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
haha, alright guys well dont freak out i was just told to post the info :p

obviously i was waiting to see what people would say and if any changes need to be made to make everyone happy :)'

keep an eye out for updates as far as the price change, i just emailed gene about it

Top Bottom