• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GNG Championships 8/14/2010 Results

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Thanks to everyone who attended the event. We had almost 200 people at the event and plan on doing these throughout the year so stay tuned. Thanks again!!

KOF 98

1: dirtywerk
2: desmond d
3: Tones
4: digimonemporer
5: curtis perks
5: jordan
7: joker

Super Street Fighter HD Remix

1: wes
2: tahir
3: munny
4: shogun
5: gng phenon
5: Tones
7: leon tyus
7: curtis perks
9: sonicboom

Tekken 6

1: digimonemporer (how the hell did this happen =/)
2: izzy
3: Tones
4: xx_von_xx
5: tizight
5: Jake
7: l.o.p..e
7: dillonle
9: jordan
9: cooking mama

Capcom vs Snk 2

1: wes
2: medicine horse
3: tahir
4: shogun
5: sonicboom
5: digimonemporer (sacrificed himself to run brackets)
7: Jake
7: gng phenon
9: manuel
9: curtis perks
13: casanova

BBCS

1: jordan
2: izzy
3: gabe t
4: sainonly
5: Christian
5: gng phenon
7: unarmed ninja
7: medicine horse
9: cooking mama
9: digimonemporer (had to sacrafice self to run brackets :( )
9: fister roboto
9: fried spam
13: solsounder
13: ngamer
13: zero
13: dillion
17: jared guerra
17: curtis perks
17: kamig
25: akakaze

KOF 12

1: Tones!!

Completed results will be posted in future

GG XX Accent Core

1: izzy
2: shogun
3: web weaver
4: cooking mama
5: desmond d
5: jordan
7: josh swanson
7: medicine horse
9: kamig

MBA

1: Cooking MAMA!!!

Completed results will be posted in future.

3rd Strike

1: martian g.
2: mr ice
3: medicine horse
4: tahir
5: shogun
7: manuel
7: arsenal
9: Jake
9: Sago
9: desmond d
9: farbeyonddeath
13: gng phenon
13: sonicboom

Super Street Figther 4!!!

1: ogrebait
2: sonicboom
3: ladramadon
4: ben chandler
5: web weaver
5: desmond d
7: thomas thiher
7: madwak
9: xx_von_xx
9: david
9: munny
9: medicine horse
13: kodi saingmo
13: matt nice
13: TS
13: l.o.p..e
17: mr ice
17: jack of spades
17: pricey mc pricington
17: jamie wachlin
17: ilikepizza
17: shey m
17: curtis perks
17: feng
25: Tones
25: digimonemporer (game SUCKS!!!)
25: izzy
25: zoo
25: sugarbear
25: meister wiederholt
25: martian g.
25: casanova
33: choppie-choppie
33: shogun
33: tahir
33: gng phenon
33: ngamer
33: m mn element
33: Jake
33: alex harris
33: jared guerra
33: funk que
33: farbeyonddeath
33: shin wolverine
33: dave
33: jake laqua
33: vince
33: dillion
49: arsenal
49: rave pulse
49: the big killa
49: sean gleason
49: mikey
49: leon tyus
49: poopon3rdstrike
49: dillonle
49: pedro
49: chew
49: gohper
49: jordan
49: zero
49: josh swanson
49: gelen
65: Disciple
65: danfouts

3rd Strike

1: martian g.
2: mr ice
3: medicine horse
4: tahir
5: shogun
7: manuel
7: arsenal
9: Jake
9: Sago
9: desmond d
9: farbeyonddeath
13: gng phenon
13: sonicboom

Shooters Completed results in the future

Halo Singles

1: Tim Ischaloz
2: Tim

COD

1: BBballin
2: brandon koss
3: walters

Gears Singles

1: Mike
1: Walters

Halo 3 Doubles

1: incorporator
2: try hard
3: go to sleep

Gears 2 Doubles

1: Team Gene
2: Party Bunnies

Smash

SSBB Doubles

1: 3ft 6 killa and the thrilla from vanilla (darshall + grimace)
2: we <3 wimn (sago + moe)
3: wifi warriors (nappy + debom)
4: grimace thinks his balls sweat, taste like chocolate milk & lobster (north dakota norman + dyluanius rex)
5: metalgear story (ngamer + joker)
5: 6pak (d-pak + sin242)
7: Welcome to Tokyo *****! (Disciple + Ogbot)
7: pls kingzzzzzzzzzz (near + neal)
9: technicians of chaos (loki + epic)
9: kirbstomp (tripple r + breezy)
9: rusty t's (megan fox + haxor)
9: sux my toes (young cheezy + vegeta)
13: krakencrumbs (kraken bean + crumbs?)
13: idk (duo + santa)
13: 1 pro 1 scrub (kodi + dan)

SSBB Singles

1: north dakota norman
2: Minnesota Moe)
3: Joker
4: marshalldarshall
5: Triple R
5: yoshq
7: sin424
7: Dr. Shakalu..
9: Chexr
9: Disciple
9: Kjellnappy
9: ngamer
13: Tony oy
13: santa
13: duo
13: Breezy
17: Haxor
17: danfouts
17: clouse2
17: blue
17: grimace
17: Derrek
17: near
17: .Loki
25: Jake
25: Rums
25: kraken bean
25: epic
25: kodi saingmo

SSBM Doubles

1: domestic violence awareness squad
2: don't play yoshi
3: 17spikes&PEACHES_
4: 2 hatch muta rush
5: dylaniusrex + young cheezies
5: d-pak + fluxwolf
7: ghana
7: purple pencil in my butt
9: the pizza luverz
9: herold + kumar
9: little johnz
9: dem ice climbers
13: td + superderob
13: bad b.o

Melee Singles will be updated soon Thanks!!

Congratulations to all the winners. =D Hope to see you all at the next event.

hunger!

Smash Champion
top 8 with characters.

1: North Dakota Norman :wario:
2: Minnesota Moe :metaknight: / :falco:
3: Joker :snake:
4: marshalldarshall :metaknight:
5: Triple R :kirby:
5: yoshq :metaknight: / :luigi2:
7: sin424 :metaknight: / :popo:
7: Dr. Shakaloo :samus: / :falco: / :metaknight:

i'll do shoutouts in a bit.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!

1: north dakota norman - Best player in ND right here. Thanks for showing me how to do the Wario/Falco chaingrab properly. Those birds will never know what hit them :)
2: Minnesota Moe) - lol Falco in GF against a guy that plays Arty fairly regularly and also just got done showing me the CG just a bit before your matches. Also good job on the seeding champ, you should really look at that bracket and tell me that there weren't a decent amount of flaws right off the bat with the proof right in front of you. 3 pairings of randoms huh. That could have split up the Joker/Breezy pairing, and the Near/Grimace pairing. I won't even say a thing about me getting paired up with Marshall first round because I bet the only thing I'll hear is "You're basically a random. Step it up if you want better seeding."
3: Joker - Why do you always place high whenever you come to MN? Haha good job man, your snake was really cool :D
4: marshalldarshall - EPIC SAX GUY!!! Thanks for the good games and ideas in the MK matchup. You're such a good guy, and I'm gonna miss seeing you and the other WI people :(
5: Triple R - I was going to go on about you guys taking me and Disciple to Brinstar, but I'm just gonna say, cows.
5: yoshq - Thanks for the MM. I bet you could honestly tell I had no idea what I was doing against MK lol
7: sin424 - I hate you, you're annoying, but you always place pretty darn well. Good job kid, grow up.
7: Dr. Shakalu.. - WHY ARE YOU MOVING FARTHER AWAY FROM ME?!?!?!? Ugh, if you try to make it to MN/WI tourneys, I'll do the same man.
9: Chexr - For just playing Melee you have a **** good reading and pressure game. I wrote you off, and I got wrecked because of it. Good **** man, good ****.
9: Disciple - Good job in Doubles man, that Anubis **** really works. I'm sorry I forgot about it against Hunger and Fade, but when an MK is out, I get antsy :(
9: Kjellnappy - lol double DQ and getting ****ed in Singles. I'm sorry man :(
9: ngamer - YOSHI!!! I was really happy to see someone using him this tourney. You also placed pretty well too from the looks of it. Good job repping the dino man :)
13: Tony oy - Wario.
13: santa - Good **** dude, PLS placing the same!
13: duo - See above lol.
13: Breezy - Taking Joker to last game and making Near mad. Good **** bro. Thanks for the MM too. Your Falco is way more patient than Santa's.
17: Haxor - Didn't really get to know you :(
17: danfouts - It was nice to see some casual players at the tourney having fun. Keep using the TL man. Get good and campy, and you'll be better than Near lol.
17: clouse2 - You remind me of Ninjalink lol. Nice seeing you today, nice job repping dat Lucas.
17: blue - Didn't really get to know you :(
17: grimace - OMG I WAS SWEATING BULLETS WHEN I WAS WATCHING YOU AND NEAR PLAY!!! I'm sorry you got bracket ****ed dude, your Snake was sooooo legit :)
17: Derrek - Didn't really get to know you :(
17: near - STOP ****ING UNDERESTIMATING BREEZY LOL. Nice job on the upset, but I'm disappoint otherwise :(
17: .Loki - We never got our Yoshi ditto mm in. Still the best Yoshi in MN ;)
25: Jake - Didn't really get to know you :(
25: Rums - Didn't really get to know you :(
25: kraken bean - Didn't really get to know you :(
25: epic - Didn't really get to know you :(
25: kodi saingmo - Didn't really get to know you :(

Meta: I'm sorry I missed the chance to smash with you :( I have a feeling our future professions will cross paths later in life, so I'm not saying good bye to you yet ;)

MN: You're all chill, sooooo icy. Stay classy guys.

WI: You guys are cooler than MN. You're all so close and awesome yet MN is all cliquey and ****. Stay awesome WI dudes :)

IA: Thanks for coming Joker and Ngamer :D

Webster: You're so cool man. Thanks for helping TO this wonderful tourney.

Gene: Thanks for everything man, you had a wonderful tourney, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Love you all and such, but this dude is going to get Taco better up in ND ;) Expect some crazy **** to go down the next U of M monthly when the Fargo/Moorhead guys come down.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm still angry about getting double disqualified from the easy win in doubles. 10$ mm if you disagree fatboy/grimace

fantastic seeding by moe clearly!

just one shoutout to debom for coming to this, you're really good and it was fun teaming with you.

minnesota moe is what his name says....a player from minnesota, best one in our state

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

1: north dakota norman- North Dakota is beast. Come back to take our money again <3

2: Minnesota Moe)- Nice job in singles,last stock of game 3 vs joker was beast.

3: Joker - Good job in singles, destroying MKs lol

7: sin424- LolMK

7: Dr. Shakalu..- Dat samus!?!?!? Sad to hear its one of your last mn tournies. We'll miss you :(

9: Disciple- Timed out on brinstar? tsk tsk

9: Kjellnappy- You'll get em next time champ. You and Debom would've won doubles.

13: Tony oy- Had fun with you/santa/duo at this tourney. It was a pretty good tournament for your last one in MN, maybe you'll get some stuff going in ND.

13: Breezy- **** falco I can't not get mad vs him grrrrrrrrrrr. GGs though, random MM was fun

17: grimace- Very fun/tough set. Good snake, and nice meeting you.

Anyone I missed, GGs and hope you had fun.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Gonna upload as much **** as I can tonight, got plenty of dubs/singles vids

I'm also curious for melee results

napZzz

Smash Hero
lol noone start an argument plz, just dont even respond to anyone talking **** remember how the mas thread went with the whole argument with yoshQ?...

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Hey you guys. Hope you enjoyed yourselves. I will be honest when I say this was a tough tournament to T.O. Especially for Smash. Kinda hard to do the good job I KNOW I AM capable of when you guys are on the other end of the hall, people leave and don't tell me they're leaving, and other stuff that was outa my hands (i.e running the Melee singles bracket on another computer).

But overall I had a blast. Next tournament will only get better.

I'm going to be very strict about people using ONE FREAKING SCREEN NAME for the tournament. Cuz using multiple ones gets highly annoying and confusing. -_-

<3

yoshq

Smash Master
1: north dakota norman - beat moe more plz ;)
2: Minnesota Moe - i'll get better
3: Joker - cool guy
4: marshalldarshall - run with me more
5: Triple R - idk
7: sin424 - i want a rematch
7: Dr. Shakalu - dat $20 nair
9: Disciple - remind me to pay you i was gonna do it during our mm but loki had to go before we could do it.
9: Kjellnappy - upload u vs sago!
9: ngamer - nice yoshi
13: Tony oy - u did well tho. just remember grabs and look for openings and watch hunger
13: Breezy - ggs
17: clouse2 - u didnt come on bfc
17: grimace - lol u placed the same as loki :laugh: ur so cute when ur getting onto my couch!

not sure where else to do it so i'm gonna upload a **** load of videos from here onto my youtube account, sub if you care

http://www.youtube.com/user/doktadope
you could put it on mnsmash.. but w/e. make sure to upload u vs sago!!!!!!!

napZzz

Smash Hero
i'm only gonna upload the doubles vids, theres too much to look through when I tried sorting through it all lol

I'm not gonna look through 10 hours of video while checking a bracket to see if the match was tourney or not

Triple R

Smash Lord
I'll do full shoutouts once the melee results are up. But I'll thank Gene and Webster for hosting yet another great tourney, and I'll be hoping for more to come.

yoshq

Smash Master
i'm only gonna upload the doubles vids, theres too much to look through when I tried sorting through it all lol

I'm not gonna look through 10 hours of video while checking a bracket to see if the match was tourney or not
that's fine just upload u vs sago! the only samus vs snake matches ever. and me vs sago right afterwards wouldnt hurt too. everything around that time was tourney, it's not that hard. i went through 3 days of vids for apex....

hunger!

Smash Champion
1: north dakota norman - lol north dakotah
2: Minnesota Moe - work on your cp's moe. Don't just go SV, exploit how good mk is on all the janky stages, good stuff though, you got lucky vs marsh in lsf =P
3: Joker - good stuff joker. sorry wfs was complete **** lol. that marth wasnt bad though
4: marshalldarshall - ya shoulda got to gfs ya foo
5: Triple R - **** yeah, yellow kirby. you're the best because of that randall
5: yoshq - mk baby! nice job getting 5th and i cant thank you enough for housing. Ill come up to MN more often maybe. Go get that vibrator now
7: sin424 - you're always so happy, i love it lol. But i thought you mained ICs. wtf is this MK shiit
7: Dr. Shakalu.. - rofl....samus. Im going to miss you so much but w/e ill still see you at least 2 times a month hopefully
9: Chexr - I sandbagged so hard on you lol. But nice job getting 9th with that '08 wolf.
9: Disciple - Ogbot's gay for timing you out lol. but w/e. always good seeing you dark, i love your hair!
9: Kjellnappy - your hair on the other hand is terrible lol. you shouldnt have left before doubles was over idiot! lol but w/e you and debom did great~!
9: ngamer - that yoshi was no joke
13: Tony oy - wario sucks dude, i dont know why you'd want to main him lol. but w/e have fun with the character and just do moves, shiit seems to work for me
13: santa - 1st round of doubles...sorry bud lol
13: duo - look above hombre
13: Breezy - Im calm....super calm
17: Haxor - i hate your name
17: danfouts - i dunno if i met you
17: clouse2 - your hair = the best in the venue
17: blue - blue
17: grimace - that sucks balls for you man but w/e you'll get em back one day. everyone knows you're way better than this.
17: Derrek -?
17: near - Toon link son!!!!
17: .Loki - rofl....that falcon!
25: Jake - your name kept confusing me
25: Rums - DQ'd
25: kraken bean - i dunno
25: epic - generic name so im not sure who ya are
25: kodi saingmo - ?

thanks gene and web for hosting this, it was crazy fun.

special shoutout to yosh for housing us and being a cutie

special shoutout to cosmo for ****** with zelda, spikes for being a beast with a broken wrist and dungle for being stanky!

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO YOUNG CHIZZY FOR BEING THE COOLEST MN SMASHER

I'll be back one day MN. :)

Metà

Smash Master
good tournament guys, I had a blast. shame I had to leave early, but whatever. at least I got to finish my games

shout-outs:

seanson: good job beasting in doubles, and tieing me in singles. videos are up on mundungu's account already so check those out when you can

tempest: i just watched our doubles match, you guys probably would have beaten us if you landed your shine spikes in game 3. but you didn't, so AHAHAHAH WE WON. jk man, good games

heath: i heard you took a break for like 3 months before this tournament. that's pretty dope if it's true. great falco man, I wish i got to play you more. plus, we still have a grudge match to play! i hope i get to play you again before i leave.

tony: TY for the drink haha. you should have played me in melee though. disappointment....

nappy: u suk

cosmo: so glad I got to meet/play you finally. congrats on the wins man. you were tough in doubles too. I hope you're going to sakurai so I can money match you there. I was really hoping to see you in brackets. your zelda is so good, it's unfair : (

spikes!!!: good **** for playing with a cast on. also you did really well in doubles. please don't main jigglypuff though : ( i mean, you can if you want, but... **** jigglypuff LOL. I really wish I got to play you when you didn't have a messed up wrist, but oh well. there's always next year i guess? It was nice to finally meet you though, and I look forward to hanging out with you more next week if you make it to sakurai : D

chexr: money match me lol. also gg's, congrats, etc. SHOULD'VE BEATEN COSMO THOUGH. i didn't see the match yet though so i'm sure you put up a fight.

bluezaft: you are so legit. your reads are so good, i can't seem to mix up my gameplay enough to fool you. I really wish I could just re-play my set with you though cause I feel I didn't perform as well as I could have. hopefully you can come to another smashfest and we can do an MM. you'll probably still win, but I'll try to make it closer. good games

amanze: man, your samus is hard to figure out sometimes. you're very unpredictable, but you still make good decisions. gave me a run for my money I'd say. good job on taking 7th (i think?) in melee singles. samus is a hard character

mundungu: I really enjoyed the friendlies we played, your fox is quite consistent. I was surprised to not see you playing ganon more, but I think your Fox is just as good. good games, and thanks for recording

disciple: didn't get to play you much, but your pikachu is getting better. just play brawl/SF4 less and you'll have even more potential, lol

sin: i didn't know who you were until you said "i'm the guy he doesn't like". i was pretty fine with you until you said that, I hope you know. you're not making a good case for yourself, just an fyi

deepak: sorry for getting frustrated and dropping my controller. the second game in our set just felt really disheartening, i'm sure you know why. good games

kyle: wtf man, you lost to RRR? step it up LOL. good games in doubles and n64 though. tbh you're not that bad at 64, you just need to learn some combos, and not miss z-cancels. that's like 90% of 64 in a nutshell though LOL.

PD: 64 was fun, and so were melee friendlies. i did better than i thought i'd do against you in 64, but you'd probably **** me harder if you had a gamecube controller. NO JOHNS though lololol fake smash etc. I want to play you online someday when I get it working on my computer. I need to find an adaptor and a working 64 controller though, I can't play with keyboard or GC

anyone else I played: gg's, thanks for playing melee and not brawl. you know where it's at

TO's: excellent job running the tournament. I had a few complaints at the end of the day, but you guys did the best you could considering how much was going on. I had a lot of fun, and I'll definitely attend your other events (provided there is smash bros) if I'm ever in the area again.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
GGs all, I might do some shouts later, if not I hope to see most of you in Chi Town next week.

Here is the melee video thread for the tourney: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10989111#post10989111. Could you please add this link to the first post when you add the results Webster?

Almost everything is up as of now, there are still some vids I have of people I don't know. There are a couple of ice climbers players in teams matches I don't know. I also have a couple of singles matches, one with a falco ditto (one white and one generic), and a blue falcon vs ganon match that ends on brinstar. Let me know if this is you and I can upload the videos.

Doko

Smash Rookie
GGs all, I might do some shouts later, if not I hope to see most of you in Chi Town next week.

Here is the melee video thread for the tourney: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10989111#post10989111. Could you please add this link to the first post when you add the results Webster?

Almost everything is up as of now, there are still some vids I have of people I don't know. There are a couple of ice climbers players in teams matches I don't know. I also have a couple of singles matches, one with a falco ditto (one white and one generic), and a blue falcon vs ganon match that ends on brinstar. Let me know if this is you and I can upload the videos.
Ice Climbers was Nappy right?

Sago

Smash Lord
1: north dakota norman: Im gonna miss you a bunch too man. You guys got housing in chicago any time you need now and i would love to have you guys chill out and explore the city with me sundays after tournies. Since i know none of ya'll got jobs.

2: Minnesota Moe:Fun teaming with you man. Next time i wont be trippin about my mk and ill make sure you dont get second. Im gonna miss you mn guys. Oh yeah and i thought you were too proud to ask for a split?!?!?

3: Joker: Youve been around forever, i remember seeing you at my first tourney in winona. Good **** man you played the mu how it should be.

4: marshalldarshall: you could have finished out that jog man!!!! teams was sorta a mess :p

5: Triple R: I saw you like twice :|

5: yoshq: Your mk is getting better. But i wont let my dumb nervs get the best of me. thanks so much for housing us. It was a blast hanging out with you like that whole weekend.

7: sin424:We should have player a few friendlies like you promised!!!!??!?!?

7: Dr. Shakalu: Lol so i heard you beat grimace and nappy with samus :)

9: Chexr: you dont even play this game. good **** man

9: Disciple: good seeing you man. Nice job with 9th. Come to chicago some time your real chill

9: Kjellnappy: Sucks about teams but you know how it is....good seeing you man. Come down to IL sometime doo

9: ngamer: YOSHI TIED WITH NAPPY BOI!!!?!?! good **** man

13: duo: Fun matchs doo

13: Breezy: I only saw you like twice. and your like my favorite

17: grimace: sorry i dont think i can make it to your house this weekend. im still trying. And sorry about playing falco samus and not mk. you would have beaten my mk :(

17: near: Only 17th after such a clutch win on grimace ;(

17: .Loki: wish you could ahve come over to yosh's if you know what i mean

Fun tourny guys. I'll miss mn alot and yoshq :(

inditled

Smash Apprentice
you shoulda learned how to wobble, that way you would become automatically good at the game unless you are like me, then it doesnt matter.

Top Bottom