• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Gaming Tournament - Birmingham 29th November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Global Gaming Tournament

The Osplay 2 replacement tourney is confirmed!

Location info and Times: [LRB1]
Tournament Rules: [LRB2]
Group Stages Format: [LRB3]
Double Elimination Brackets Format: [LRB4]
General Smash Rules: [LRB5]
Stages: [LRB6]
Updates: [LRBX]

Location info and Times [LRB1]

- Date: 29th November (Saturday)
- Melee Tournament

68 - 70 Dalton St
Dale End
Birmingham,
B4 7LX
0121 693 6655

http://www.globalgaming.co.uk - Near the omega centre (where osplay was originally)

* Venue opens : 1000
* Signups Start: 1300
* Signups End: 1400

- Venue + Tourney costs will be £15 altogether (This means we stay at the venue from when we get there till 5am) lots of smash!
- Coach tickets will cost £14 (for londoners)
- Save up around £30

Pot will be split 60:30:10

Tournament Rules [LRB2]

The Tournament will be split into 2 stages. Group Stages then a Double Elimination Bracket.

* You are expected to bring your own controller, if your gamecube pad SOMEHOW breaks in the middle of your match and you dont have a spare, then you will forfeit the match. believe me this HAS happened so check your pad
* If you aint there when its your turn, you will automatically forfeit the match. However we understand you MIGHT have a life, so we will give you 10 minutes but when you hold people up, no ones happy about it
* You forfeit the match if you press the Start button, but what you should really do is turn the option off...
* There is no stage banning

Group Stages [LRB3]

Group Stages (also known as Pools) will be the first stage, which are like qualifiers for the real tournament.

* All the players will be divided into seperate groups
* There will be a seeding system for the groups
* Each player has a set (first to 2) with each other player
* The top players in each group will progress or qualify for the Double Elimination Bracket (If there is a Tie, a Tiebreaker game will be played.

Double Elimination Brackets Format [LRB4]

Double elimination brackets are kinda like, normal tournament brackets you see in the tournament mode in the Smash game. However this certain type of bracket has advantages over the normal one. You get 2 lives and the results are more fair due to this

* The players who win the most matches in their groups will be spread away from each other
* Matches will be First to 2 (or Best out of 3), best of 5 during the winners, losers and grand finals
* Guys, even if you lose the first match, you can still get to the finals, just that if you get straight wins you get to the finals quicker.

General Smash Rules [LRB5]

Smash is very unique game so it has its own set of rules. Please don't whine about the rules

* 'First Character Picking' will be done in a method called BLIND PICKING. You basically write your character on a piece of paper (or phone or something) and hide it till your opponent is done then REVEAL. Then pick the character that you wrote. This rule is in place to stop people from waiting for the opponent to pick just to counter.
* First Stage is ALWAYS random. Then Advanced Slob Picking. The person who loses may choose to pick another stage (probably a counter or buffstage). If he chooses to do so, then the winner picks a character then the loser picks his character. This also means that Blind picking is for the first match only
* Items are off
* No characters are banned whatsoever
* Daves Stupid Rule: This rule will be in effect, you basically cant CHOOSE a stage you have already won on, if you get to choose. This prevents a match that looks like, FD,Yoshi,Mute City,Yoshi,Mute City

Stages [LB6]

Random/Neutral Stages:

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages:

Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield

Banned Stages:

Everything else

Updates [LRBX]

Londoners Coach Information

Cost: £14 each

Leaving - Sat 29 November 2008
London, Victoria Coach Station to Birmingham, The Priory Queensway Stop PC
10:00 Depart London, Victoria Coach Station
Arrive Birmingham, The Priory Queensway Stop PC 13:00

Return - Sun 30 November 2008
Birmingham, The Priory Queensway Stop PC to London, Victoria Coach Station
06:30 Depart Birmingham, The Priory Queensway Stop PC
Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station 09:30

This means whoever is coming on the coach will need to get to the coach station around 9:30am MAX, you really don't want to miss the coach so don't screw yourself over

Ticket List

Chrisboi - Yes
Frostbyte - Yes
Vanity Angel - Yes
Pops - Yes
Clockmire - Yes
Rustediron - Yes
Tails Chao - Yes
Pikachao - Yes
Manguy - Yes
Professor Pro - Should be
Koops - Should be
Retroking - Maybe

People who may be interested?
My crew what about you guys, edwin, kman?
and manguy, neutral, tamoo, frugs?
any other londoners interested? those were the guys from the old list I had when people said they could go to osplay 2

Directions for SATURDAY

For people who are coming with us on the coach on saturday I recommend getting up at 7am (serious). Here is the time we are leaving

Sat 29 November 2008
London, Victoria Coach Station to Birmingham, The Priory Queensway Stop PC
10:00 Depart London, Victoria Coach Station
Arrive Birmingham, The Priory Queensway Stop PC 13:00

So make sure you are at victoria coach station from 9->9:30am, if you come late tough you'll miss the coach. Leave your places about 8am latest since it probably takes at least an hour for most people. We will be meeting at the gate where the bus departs to Birmingham so check the screens as you enter to find the gate to Birmingham.

Also please bring the £14 you will owe me otherwise I will get pissed off and most likely not let you come with us, I don't want the day to get ruined by people who think they can walk over me considering I have dished out my own money for people to come to this event and I'm already losing money

Results:

Singles

1st. Fuzzyness
2nd. Zeppo
3rd. Frostbyte
4th. Chrisboi
5th. Professor Pro
5th. Vanity Angel
7th. Aiko
7th. JO3
9th. Kyuubi X
9th. LJ
9th. Mac D
9th. Swizzy
13th. Blinky
13th. Clockmire
13th. HaoTwo
13th. Yeniths

Doubles.

1st. **** all over - Fuzzyness + Prof Pro
2nd. What just happened - Frostbyte + Chrisboi
3rd. For the banter - Zeppo + VA
4th. Its not **** if I consent - Aiko + JO3
5th. FC - Clockmire + Tails Chao
5th. Mac Daddy Specials - Mac D + LJ
7th. Team Disciples - kyuubi X + Swizzy
7th. Forgot...

Crews

Team A wins with 1 stock left.

Team A
Fuzzyness
Frostbyte
Aiko
Kyuubi X
Clockmire
Rusted Iron
Chrisboi
Haotwo

Team B
Zeppo
VA
JO3
Blinky
Yeniths
Pops
Tails Chao
Prof Pro

Nandos Rock Paper Scissors

1st. Aiko
2nd. JO3
3rd. Fuzzyness
4th. Blinky
5th. Kyuubi

Clockmire
RustedIron
Tails Chao
Yeniths

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
If we're staying up all night I will. If I manage to stay up all night I'll sing the final fantasy victory fanfare.

I'll ask ManGuy btw.

EDIT: Basically we'll go if TC will.

VA

Smash Hero
Bleh...tournament attendance record for VA = 100%

Do I really need to say this anymore?

Aiko

Smash Champion
ROOOOOY! obviously has the banter. He has magikarp too, undoubtably the best pokemon ever.

looking pensive

Magikarp lost on the bubble

Just got bluffed.

My pocket magikarps vs your pocket rockets.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Yesssss a Roy player! Roy ditto MM for the banter??!?!
D:
But I'm HORRIBLE at melee.

@ Aiko

Devil Magikarp will eat your soul.

Also, I've heard good things about your Wario. I'd look forward to being ***** by it.

A little more info about all this would be cool.

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
Well it's not a 100% confirm but I probably will go. Only thing is that I'm HORRIBLE at directions and stuff, and me and Manguy will probably be the youngest there if we go.

If TC goes then it's a much higher chance we'll go. =]

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
Personally I feel this trip will be a lot more worth it if we stay up at night playing though I must say, I'd rather have fun around town with you guys than get my butt kicked MORE at night.

Any chance a lot of you guys will be going around town at night time or w/e? =/

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I can meet people at station + walk em to it. In fact, if Fuzzy just takes you to where OS (still is) I can meet heads there and walk to venue seeing how its just round the corner.

I'm still talking to the manager (via E-Mail) about having a special price thing being sorted for you lot. £10 for whole day + night until 3:00AM.

Popuri

Smash Apprentice
I might go, not certain just yet, when do we have to make up our minds by?

It sounds good though.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
hao, i got a problem..earliest coach we can take is 6:30am cause if i ammend to the 4am one it'll cost me more money -_- as in stupid amounts. So ask for staying at the venue until 5am

So if you're going to tell the manager this, Tell him because if we was to take a 4am coach We'd only get about 10 players coming max from Londoner, where 6:30am coach allows all 16 max to go

The bookings are changed now so this is final, we're leaving at 10am at victoria on saturday, get there at 1pm

We return at 6:30am sunday, get back at 9:30am

I changed the bookings because the price will go up prior the date, trust me..

So can I get a confirmed list of Londoners who want to come?

Me
Chrisboi
K-Man
ToS
Frostbyte
Frozenwave
Pikachao
MaNgUy
Professor Pro
Tails Chao
Neutral
King NDJ
Koops
Clockmire
Tamoo
Frugs

People from this list before maybe? I still got 16 tickets (1 for myself)

This will cost around the same as osplay 2 altogether or less! depends how nice the manager is with costs

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
well since osplay 2 was cancelled i kinda made other plans but if that falls through then ill defiently come actually u knw wat **** that ill try n come so i need about £40 thats minus 2 drivin lessons =[
If you know someone with a drivers license and they agree, I'm pretty sure you can get a provisional license and they can teach you instead of an instructor. =]

Hope you can make it! ^_^

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Guys good news, it's only going to cost £10 for staying at the venue till 5am. which is half Osplay charged!
This is gonna be a proper tourney, so who wants to buy tickets for travelling on the group coach?

We're going to be smashing all day and night woot

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
J03 it's confirmed, I advise people to go to this. If you have a coach/train that can leave at 6am you can stay at the venue from afternoon till 5am for £10 cause we're getting a good deal with them for the people who are coming from London =P and if you can travel at that time go for it! lots of smash. This saves the cost of paying for a youth hostel, and it's basically housing for most of the night with games for £5 more

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
YES this is going top be fun i can have some MM?
You can have a MM with me but you like to avoid my MM cos you know what the result will be. Actually you don't even know, YOU ARE 100% MUVAFUKIN SURE THAT IF YOU PUT YOUR MONEY ON THE LINE AGAINST THE SMASHER PROFESSOR PRO THE END RESULT WILL BE THAT YOU WILL HAVE LESS MONEY THEN WHAT YOU BEGAN THE ***** DAY WITH YOU PRICK WHICH MEANS YOU FUKING LOST SO AVOID IT LIKE YOU USUALLY DO YOU PRICK AND THEN TALK **** LATER ABOUT HOW YOU CAN TAKE ME BUT WHEN I SEE YOU YOU GO QUIET YOU PRICK YOU ARE **** AT THIS GAME AND YOU PLAY WITH SOME OF THE BEST IN THE UK YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE SMASH COMMUNITY AND YOU CANT SPEAK LIKE A HUMAN IN REAL LIFE PLAY ME AT SMASH ACCEPT MY MM AND THEN LOSE PRICK DIE HARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom