• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Glitch - A Wii U Regional Tournament - Registration Live @ smash.gg/glitch

Glitch - A Wii U Regional Tournament - Registration Live @ smash.gg/glitch
Posted by TheTantalus
Xanadu Games
Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

TheTantalus

Smash Hero

Graphics by SuperTurtle: www.twitter.com/superturtle

What is Glitch?

Glitch is a special type of tournament that will be held at Xanadu, a Wii U only event. The name is something that comes from breaking away from the system, so many regional and large tournaments these days won't take the risk of hosting Wii U on it's own, it's always along side Melee. Glitch aims to not just bring a Wii U exclusive tournament that can hold its own, but specialize in all the things that make Wii U a unique game and surpass the experience you might get elsewhere.

Additionally, it breaks the mold by being a 1 day tournament, that will feature multiple events featured all in one single day of action.

We'll have many more details to come, but if you're passionate about the Wii U scene, you'll want to mark this date on your calendar and click the interested button if nothing else.

This tournament will be pre-registration only, registration will open sometime in late Dec. or early Jan and will be open till the end of Feb. Glitch will be my return tournament from baby T.O. hiatus so i'll be taking tons of steps to do extra preparation to ensure a top tier experience. We hope you'll be able to join us for this event! Confirmed events:

Singles (1v1, 2 stock, 6 minutes, no customization) Doubles (2v2, 3 stock, 6 minutes, no customization) Low Tier Singles (1v1, 2 stock, 6 minutes, no customization) Custom Singles (1v1, 3 stock, 6 minutes, customization allowed, liberal stage list)

Location: Xanadu Games (thread has the address info! If Baltimore doesn't work as the city address, try using Halethorpe or Arbutus. This really isn't within "Baltimore" per se.) Should be easy to find. It is in the southwest corner of Baltimore, right by the UPS depot. Xanadu is the premiere spot for Smash in MD/VA and always has the #1 smash livestream in the world, VGBootcamp each and every week streaming the action.

Join the S@X group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/

Game: Smash for Wii U

Schedule:

10:00am - Pools Wave A
12:00pm - Pools Wave B
2:00pm - Pools Wave C

4:00pm - Pools Wave D
6:00pm - Doubles Top 8
7:00pm - Low Tier Top 16
8:00pm - Custom Singles Top 16

9:00pm - Singles Top 16

Obviously, there will be overlap between the 4 events, so as we get closer to the conclusion of one event, those people will be freed up for the next event. The longer we go, the less overlap we'll have.

Also, we will have at least an additional recording setup to catch the matches we can't stream as we have to stream top 8's for 4 tournaments in 6 hours.

Register now: smash.gg/glitch

$10 - Early bird discount for the first week
$15 - After Early bird through 2/14
$20 - Last minute registration 2/15-21

Tournament Fee:

$10 Entry for Smash for Wii U Singles
$10 Entry per person for Smash for Wii U Doubles
$5 Entry per person for Low Tier Singles
$5 Entry per person for Custom singles

Each person is limited to only 3 events total. This is a constraint that needs to be done due to time and space limitations. Additionally, each event will have a cap:

Wii U Singles: 192
Wii U Doubles: 64 teams (128 people)
Low Tier Singles: 128
Custom Singles: 128

Rules: These rules apply to all events, specific events below. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask up front rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!

General Gameplay:

- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- 6 min timer in all events
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
- You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don't have one, I might have a few for sale.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it (unless for valid interruption at T.O's discretion).
- For a match ending in sudden death, please refer to the tie break section of the rules below.

- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- Wii U Gamepads/3DS/2DS are not a legal controller for use.
- Wii U Pro controllers and Wii Remote combinations are legal for tournament play. However, if you are found to have caused interference for lack of desync/disconnect, (be it intentionally or non-intentional) you are subject to disqualification from ALL events you are competing in.
- Default Mii with 1-1-1-1 are legal for tournament play in non-customs. You must use either Guest A or Guest B.

- Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta, Corrin and Lucas are all legal in tournament play. All consoles must contain these characters.
- The following sets in the tournament will be best of 5: Singles Top 8, Customs, Doubles, Low Tiers top 3.

Custom Singles Rules:

- 3 stock
- Fighter moveset customization is legal. You may use any preset on the console OR any moveset you self provide on your own 3DS. (The latter is the preferred option).
- Equipment customization is banned. If you are found doing this via your 3DS, you will be disqualified from all events and asked to leave the venue.
- Mii Fighters can be any size for this event. If they are not on the wii by default, you must provide them on your 3DS.

1v1/Low Tier Singles Rules:

- 2 stock
- Customization is banned.

2v2 Doubles Rules:

- 3 Stock
- Share stock is allowed.
- Controller swapping in the duration of a match is banned. Doing this will result in forfeiture

Set Procedure:

1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-2-1

3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces ban stages (2 bans) for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.

Tie Breaking:

Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.

1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent. If the % were tied or the match ended in a simultaneous death, proceed to step 2.
2. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the round. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 3.
3. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.

Conduct Rules:

- Drugs/Alcohol are banned from Xanadu. Don't let me see any, smell any, etc. We'll send you home packing.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- TTL Rule: You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. Do not try to call me in advance to hold the bracket.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O's discretion.

Stage rules (all events except customs):

- Smash for Wii U Starter Stages

Smashville
Battlefield
Palutena's Temple (Omega)
Town and City
Dream Land 64

- Smash for Wii U Counterpick Stages (1 stage ban)

Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise
Miiverse *
Final Destination/Any Omega Stage (except Pyrosphere) *

*Note: If Battlefield is banned in the stage selection process, miiverse is also banned
*Note: If Palutena's Temple Omega Form is banned, FD/Omegas are banned also.

- Custom Singles Stage Differences

- 2 stage bans
Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 2, Umbra Clock Tower, and Wuhu Island are legal Counterpick stages.

Prize Payouts:

2v2 Doubles:

1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Low Tier/Custom Singles:

1st: 48%
2nd: 24%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

1v1 Singles:

1st: 46%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% each
7th: 2% each

Eats:

All within close proximity is Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's. There is also a pizza place that delivers that everyone is extremely fond off, as well as Chinese take out. Xanadu should have the chinese and pizza place order list right there at the counter if you want something.

Dominos also delivers:
Phone: (410) 242-3030

Watch it live:www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

www.twitter.com/vgbc_aposl- Xanadu's Manager
www.twitter.com/thetantalus - Lead Tournament Organizer
www.twitter.com/vgbootcamp - Our twitter
www.twitter.com/tkbreezy www.twitter.com/thephenomenalEE - The Black Plague, our lead commentary casting duo

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/ - Local facebook group for S@X

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Low Tier List (Final)

Charizard
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii Brawler (1-1-1-1)
Mewtwo
Shulk
Jigglypuff
Duck Hunt
Game & Watch
Lucina
Ganondorf
Mii Gunner (1-1-1-1)
Mii Swordsman (1-1-1-1)
Palutena
Samus
Zelda
Robin
Dr. Mario
Link
King Dedede

Last edited:

Disgaea D2

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueDisgaeaD2
Disgaea/Lorenzo here. Low Tier tournament = Showing that G&W is not a low tier character and people having the chance of getting out of hidden killer status (I'm not one TBH, I've gotten 25th so I'm bad lol).

Last edited:

DeviljWheat

Smash Rookie
NNID
serpentking111
3DS FC
2492-4444-8277
I have a few questions. One, is there an age limit? and two, do we pay by going to the tournament location in person? I just need clarification on how to pay ^^'

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
There is no age limit, and you'll need to register online here: smash.gg/glitch

If you are under the age of 13, a parent/guardian may accompany you at no cost. Otherwise, they'll need to register as well.

Murpadurp

Smash Rookie
So if you bring a Wii Remote + Nunchuk as your controller, you could be DQ'ed from all events if there's a problem with syncing it? Or did I misinterpret the rules?

Murpadurp

Smash Rookie
Also, if you accidentally don't register for a specific event, would you still be able to just pay $5 or 10 to enter another event or is that an entirely different registration? Or are you not allowed to do that at all?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
That's correct. If you use a wii remote + nunchuck combination, and you're caught intentionally or unintentionally interfering with a match, we have the right to disqualify you from all events. While we do want to allow as many control schemes as possible, we also need to make sure things are as speedy as possible, and we don't have time between matches to constantly find wireless controller users who's controllers kicked on in their backpack in a crowded venue of over 100 people. So if you do use that controller, make sure to take the battery out between matches to prevent this.

Regarding registration, you can register now and then come back and register for more events later and just pay the difference, that is correct. Keep in mind you can only register for 3 events total though.

Murpadurp

Smash Rookie
Lastly, when are Low Tier Singles pools? I am in LTS and I would prefer to know when my match is before I arrive, just in case I don't run late or something.

Murpadurp

Smash Rookie
And presumably that schedule will be released after registration is closed? It's just that I can't wait for this tourney!

Last edited:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
All, here is the new low tier list: (the only change is -Marth +Link)

Charizard
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii Brawler (1-1-1-1)
Mewtwo
Shulk
Jigglypuff
Duck Hunt
Game & Watch
Lucina
Ganondorf
Mii Gunner (1-1-1-1)
Mii Swordsman (1-1-1-1)
Palutena
Samus
Zelda
Robin
Dr. Mario
Link
King Dedede

Murpadurp

Smash Rookie
Sir TheTantalus TheTantalus I think the Wii U singles event may or may not have gone above the cap amout of people involved by two. Is that a good thing or a bad thing or both?

Murpadurp

Smash Rookie
TheTantalus TheTantalus So, regarding the rule about desyncing problems could result in a DQ from all events, would it be a major problem of you have to go to a different TV and sync the wiimote to it?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
TheTantalus TheTantalus So, regarding the rule about desyncing problems could result in a DQ from all events, would it be a major problem of you have to go to a different TV and sync the wiimote to it?
if you are causing a disturbance to the event, this can be enforced. Whatever way you need to do it that it doesn't cause a disturbance is fine.

Murpadurp

Smash Rookie
K thanks. I was getting worried that wiinote syncing would take a long time, so I probably would want to try and come early so I can sync it before it becomes a problem, right? And it would be recommended that if i have to switch TVs that I'd get there very early before my match and sync the remote to that TV??

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
K thanks. I was getting worried that wiinote syncing would take a long time, so I probably would want to try and come early so I can sync it before it becomes a problem, right? And it would be recommended that if i have to switch TVs that I'd get there very early before my match and sync the remote to that TV??
Syncing a controller takes literally seconds, just sync when you show up for a match (you'll most likely not be playing on the same setup twice during a tournament). The issue with wireless controllers is that AFTER the match, it's easy for a Pro Controller to easily turn back on if it's in somebody's bag, and if that happens during character select, that Wii U can be useless until the controller is turned off again/desynced.

If you are using a Wiimote, make sure you take the battery out after your match. If you are using a Pro Controller, do your best to make sure it won't get turned back on while you're not playing.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Why do the 3 stock events only have 6 minutes on the clock? That will result in a ton of games with time outs. At least make them 7 minutes long.

Last edited:

ChancellorOfButts

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely interested in this tournament! It's only an hour and a half drive for me, and I've been wanting to be in a tournament for a while! I'm not very good and I consider myself a rookie, but it's all for fun.
How can I register?

Last edited:

Murpadurp

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely interested in this tournament! It's only an hour and a half drive for me, and I've been wanting to be in a tournament for a while! I'm not very good and I consider myself a rookie, but it's all for fun.
How can I register?
Uh I'm afraid ur 8 days too late sorry sir

Murpadurp

Smash Rookie
Why are match times still not out yet TheTantalus TheTantalus ? We r just 9 days away from the event. Maybe that is the reason why pools are not visible on the smash.gg link. Which brings up the question of why are pools no longer visible?

Last edited:

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Why are match times still not out yet TheTantalus TheTantalus ? We r just 9 days away from the event. Maybe that is the reason why pools are not visible on the smash.gg link. Which brings up the question of why are pools no longer visible?
Please be patient, he's working on them. They will be out with plenty of time before the event.

DeviljWheat

Smash Rookie
NNID
serpentking111
3DS FC
2492-4444-8277
Considering this is my first regional tournament. If you lose, would there be other things to do like some sort of hang out or once you lose, all you can do is spectate? Thank you for your time to answer my question ^^'

Top Bottom