• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitch 7 - Minus World - Discussion Thread

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Major props to ZD for getting this far; his performances from yesterday versus today was night and day.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
That misinput from Wizzy at Game 5 (UAir to UAir to FSmash instead of FAir) was hard to watch; still, Tweek is showing off a lot of potential with Banjo.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
WaDi:ultrob: 3-0 VoiD:ultsheik::ultpichu:

VoiD's run ends at 9th place. Impressive placement for going mostly Sheik, although he had only two notable wins in this event, against yeti and LeoN (the latter of which he used Pichu to win).

Wonder how is this is going to affect VoiD's character choices in the next major event.

blackghost

Smash Champion
VoiD:ultpichu: 3-2 LeoN:ultbowser:

VoiD's Sheik got absolutely destroyed game 1, but the Pichu pick was definitely the right call.

The matchup is basically: "Bowser is either not allowed to play the game, or he KO'ing Pichu at 60%."
i watched the match on youtube. this wasnt a game of smash, this was marvel 3.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Glitch 7 Top 8

Winner's
Samsora:ultpeach: vs Light:ultfox:
Tweek:ultpokemontrainerf::ultbanjokazooie: vs ESAM:ultpikachu:

Loser's
Nairo:ultpalutena: vs Dark Wizzy:ultmario:
Dabuz:ultolimar::ultrosalina: vs WaDi:ultrob:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
That Nairo:ultpalutena: vs Samsora:ultpeach: match was something...

Nairo went :ultganondorf: game 1. Not sure what possessed him to do that, but he expectantly got molly-whopped.
Nairo immediately went to :ultpalutena: game 2 onwards. Games 2, 3, and 4 where close games and the set is now 2-2.

Then Samsora was doing some of the weirdest things in game 5, which ended in a three stock victory for Nairo.

D

Deleted member

That Nairo:ultpalutena: vs Samsora:ultpeach: match was something...

Nairo went :ultganondorf: game 1. Not sure what possessed him to do that, but he expectantly got molly-whopped.
Nairo immediately went to :ultpalutena: game 2 onwards. Games 2, 3, and 4 where close games and the set is now 2-2.

Then Samsora was doing some of the weirdest things in game 5, which ended in a three stock victory for Nairo.
I’ll bet that he wanted to test if Samsora was gonna be thrown off. My thoughts are that even if he was, Samsora either adapted quickly or knew Ganon didn’t have the optimal tools to challenge the turnips/float. (Game 1)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I really enjoyed seeing Tweek's Banjo & Kazooie play this weekend. It's a shame he ran into Dabuz in losers. One of those players I can't imagine Banjo & Kazooie really working against. Hoping to review the VODs and take some notes. Tweek plays the character pretty similarly to the way I do, but obviously much more refined and well-executed. It's good to know I'm not playing the character totally wrong at least LOL

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Glitch 7

1st: ESAM:ultpikachu:
2nd: Light:ultfox:
3rd: Dabuz:ultolimar::ultrosalina:
4th: Nairo:ultpalutena:
5th: Tweek:ultbanjokazooie::ultpokemontrainerf:
5th: Samsora:ultpeach:
7th: WaDi:ultrob:
7th: Dark Wizzy:ultmario:
9th: Gen:ultpalutena:
9th: Jakal:ultwolf:
9th: VoiD:ultsheik::ultpichu:
9th: ZD:ultfox:
13th: Wishes:ultjoker:
13th: Salem:ultsnake::ultbayonetta:
13th: LeoN:ultbowser:
13th: Cosmos:ultinkling:
17th: Ismon:ultwario::ultfalco:
17th: 8BitMan:ultrob:
17th: Sinji:ultpacman:
17th: Lui$:ultfox::ultmario:
17th: SMB:ultluigi:
17th: Mr E:ultlucina:
17th: MVD:ultsnake:
17th: Stocktaker69:ultwolf::ultbanjokazooie:
25th: Juice:ultfalco::ultzss:
25th: BestNess:ultness::ultpalutena:
25th: Vinny G:ultsnake:
25th: Mekos:ultlucas:
25th: Dexter:ultwolf:
25th: Young Eevey:ultlarry:
25th: LingLing:ultpeach:
25th: Dill:ultrob:
33rd: Rivers:ultchrom::ultdiddy:
33rd: SAUCE:ultmario::ultroy:
33rd: DeluxeMenu:ultbowser:
33rd: Fatality:ultfalcon:
33rd: Lucky:ultpiranha:
33rd: Suarez:ultyoshi:
33rd: Sonido:ultsonic:
33rd: Goblin:ultroy:
33rd: Puppeh:ultpokemontrainerf:
33rd: BlazingPasta:ultpeach:
33rd: Odyssey:ultfox::ultgreninja:
33rd: yeti:ultmegaman:
33rd: Kofi:ultfalco:
33rd: DiZ:ultpiranha:
33rd: Bully:ultlink:
33rd: Dazai:ultroy:

The madman has finally done it.
Still confused that this event is an S tier, but it is a really high caliber event regardless.
Just as Ash finally won his first Pokemon League competition, ESAM has finally won his first supermajor event (in probably any Smash game).

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Still confused that this event is an S tier, but it is a really high caliber event regardless.
Funny enough, apparently due to Stroder's absence from the tournament, Glitch 7 has been moved from a low S Tier event to a high A Tier event:

Still, whether it was an A Tier or S Tier event, this is easily ESAM's biggest win he's got so far in his Ultimate career; there's been many doubts going around about :ultpikachu:'s supposed Top Tier status. I'm not sure if this is enough alone to prove it, but it's definitely a big step in that direction.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It is worth noting that the A/S-Tier classification here means very little for how much it will factor into the next season's PGRU. The tiering letter status is absolute, but the actual weight of a major has a great deal of granularity. Stroder dropping from the event lowered its weight by ~3%, very small overall.

Great job to ESAM for winning his first Major in Ultimate. Super sick to see him do it!

Top Bottom