• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gliding over tall buildings in a single shuttle loop: The Meta Knight Social

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I figured that this forum would need one.

The downair looks fantastic.

I am quite elated to see MK finally brought into Smash as a powerful, yet not broken, fighter.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
Oh man, MK's gonna leave a trail of destruction. Super hype for 2.6!

Also Dair is ****in amazing

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Now that metaknight will be in project m, I have a reason to play it. I am very excited. He looks better than he was in brawl.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Character came out largely as I expected him to. Solid combo game, Maintaining his speed while being made a bit more aggressive, and making a lot of his moves less safe and less all purpose. I'm excited to try him out. And I wonder how he'll fit into the current meta.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
I'm exited to see all the pink and white Meta Knights that will begin to appear at smashfests/tournies.

Otherwise, lots of MK dittoes tonight

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Finally, my main is here now :D Dair looks ****ing amazing, and Dimensional Cape without going into helpless? Thank you based PMBR.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
So, anyone think Brawl MK mains such as Nairo, M2k, and ZeRo will give this version of him a try?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Hopefully, he will be fun to play, adding him to my mains :3

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lol everyone is going crazy over this character, they need to calm down. I never got a super bunch of time to play as him, but from what I have, he is pretty legit, so calm your boots.

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
Today is my day of the week to play Smash. I'm busy tomorrow and going out of town on Friday. I NEED 2.6 to be released in the next couple hours or else I won't get to play it before next week! I'm super hyped for Meta Knight and I need to try out some matches before I leave!

K@$h

Smash Cadet
looks like i found a new main for PM!
he came out today right? i cant seem to find the new dl for 2.6

SAX

Smash Ace
Why would him being broken stop you from playing him? It never stopped Wizzrobe from using Sonic even after he got changed.

Yeah. Even though sonic is getting HELLA nerfed in 2.6, Wizzy is still going to play sonic.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
in b4 people unironically call him broken regardless if he is or isn't

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Still has pretty good recovery

Even without jumps he can get back onto the stage from just about anywhere, even near bottom corner blastzones. Surviving the edgeguard after that is a completely different story, but you can at least get to the stage.

Seems to have an incredible gimp game even without Dair. Weak nair semi-spikes, strong nair flat kills, bair has as much power as an average smash and is killing incredibly early, some hits of fair can semispike... a ton of gimp options.

Instant DC attack is basically his new DSmash when it comes to a fast, strong kill option. A bit on the unsafe side, though.

Incredibly solid character. Has much to be feared. Move out of the way random other top 5 character, a new king is among us.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Definitely a strong character. his Dsmash has some good reach and an awesome gimping angle when hitting characters trying to recover. His combo game is monstrous, really fun, really fast, really tough. Only thing i'm not getting right now is what to do after Uair strings. I can get some hits off of neutral B but I feel like there's something better to do. Any idea how to combo into his Down B? I've landed a few powerful hits from it while evading attacks but nothing combo'd thus far. I'm digging his game. I feel like he's completely without comparison when it comes to the rest of the cast, which is awesome. An all his own character will always be a welcome addition.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
I thought there was no cancel window.
It does end, however, later in the animation.

But goddang, Meta Knight is so much more fun than Brawl. Props to the PMBR.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I think MK's recovery is actually really good. I don't understand why others think differently tbh. 4 jumps, downb teleport, angled dair to recover from being hit into the top corners of the blastzone, sideb for quick burst to the ledge, and upb glide to recover. Mix up your recovery to actually get some mileage out of it. This isn't brawl, people. :p

GeZ

Smash Lord
His recovery is definitely good, but I feel like he's actually pretty gimpable. Might just be me, but I think the new MK's lack of priority makes him really easy to bully off stage. In any case I'm still loving his million jumps to cyclone for recovery. Jump, slash, jump, slash, jump, slash, jump, slash, SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN! We Sonic now.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
Since this is the social thread, anyone using custom textures for Meta Knight?
I'm using these two:

and

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I have a question. I thought that using Dimensional Cape in mid-air robbed MK of all his jumps, but I was just playing a match against a bot MK earlier, & he recovered from the bottom magnifying glass by using all four jumps --> DC --> 2 more jumps. Does the AI get special rules or something? Because nothing I tried could replicate what the bot did.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Aerial dimensional cape takes all of your jumps. Grounded dimensional cape does not. AI does not have an exception.
Well, it must have been some kind of glitch or something. I know I saw him do an aerial DC followed by several jumps.

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
From what I can tell, aerial DC only puts you into special fall if you attack out of it.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
I'm really liking the Fox MU. It's super fun. Don't know who wins it, but 2 speedy characters with good combo games makes for a great fight.

Top Bottom