• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glide is good again. What glide tech is worth practicing?

Life

Smash Hero
Title.

I only started playing Zard seriously in 3.5, so I'm not well-versed in his old glide ATs. What should I know how to do? I already know b-reversing, that's not too crazy. Edge-cancel glide attack seems obvious, and I know I can invincible glide attack from the ledge, but beyond that I'm not sure what to do with his "new"-found mobility.

Life

Smash Hero
It's back. I don't know if it's good or not, but I've definitely glided multiple times off the ledge in 3.6.

Notably, this only applies to Zard's glide, not Pit's.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
In that case, you should be able to glide-stall and glide-attack stall, although you'd need to keep in mind the new ledge regrab invincibility limit. Another glide trick I like to use is gliding after uthrow, since it leaves you in the air. It lets you immediately go for better positioning, and at low %'s, I believe you can even go for some follow-ups off of it. That's all I've really got.

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
I'd say just learn how it increases your mobility. Gliding from platform to platform on a stage like Lylat Cruise is a good example. also like you said, edge cancel glide attack is good and combos into Nair if the last hit didn't connect. Mentioning that, if you find yourself being chased while in glide animation, edge cancel glide attack using a platform and bair of they chase you from under or Nair if they are above platform.

Something that was in 3.0 was the ability to glide attack from ledge into the ground (angle up to get above stage then down to glair into the stage) and pivot grab them if they crouch cancel. I gotta test it later because crouch canceling is a good way to beat glide attack.

Top Bottom