• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gfsdyjdetjhrdhtrsd HELP ME WITH DR PLEASE

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

I'm a dumbass and I never got DR down. Ever.
I think I got, liek, 3 in my life. I swear, that's how bad it is.

I even bugged bigman a few times for it. I don't want to have to bug him again for it. )=

My inputs are the following, I use CC Pro:

- A & B buttons switched. B is for Attack and A is for Special.
- The left Should buttons are both set for Attack and Special. L is for Attack and ZL for Specials (specially designed for DJC shenanigans).
- Tap Jump, off.

Everything else is default.

So please MTV SWF, pimp my game.

D

Deleted member 189823

I find it hard to slide my fingers over to the C-Stick...also, IIRC, the second Jump sometimes doesn't read.
Is it harder with CC Pro than it is with GC?

Scatz

Smash Champion
I don't mind being asked for help. I'm a little slow on responding these days, but always willing. I remember I said I was getting a video up covering DR, but my equipment has been going through an update process. Not only that, but not enough time to plan out and make a new video.

As for your issue, A & B is tough to deal with in terms of sliding the thumb because of the awkward space between the buttons and the awkwardness for holding the controller while doing it. Best method I found while attempting it was using X & Y buttons to slide down into the C stick. It's still tough, but it provides a better grip on your controller while using it. Note: I never owned a CCPro, just the regular CC.

GC is easier to get the move done than CC / CCPro mainly because the buttons (Y and B) are closer together, allowing for sliding to be more efficient.

D

Deleted member 189823

It's alright, man...the fact that you were patient with me the many times I've asked, is enough lol.
I practiced it quite a bit last night. Got a lot more down than the other times...still can't call it consistent, though. But like you said, it's not something you'll get down in a few hours, and probably not in only a few days. Not like I'm in a hurry, anyway.

My current input method: X - Y to Attack (Set to L, left shoulder button). Take note I don't slide from X to Y because it seems to only read one jump. That means I'm pressing the second jump too soon, right? I take it the second jump should be closer timed with the Attack button?

EDIT: I find sliding X/Y to C-Stick hard because the buttons are a bit tall to simply slide my thumb through them...also, they're sort of close to A & B, which I may accidentally press at times.
The things I'm getting are: Yoshi Double Jumps and attacks or he simply jumps and attacks. But much more of the former.

I think this is as detail as I can go, with my concern. Thank you, in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's no problem. Since I don't play much anymore, I still at least help others trying to come up. Though, I might get back into the swing of things since Smash 4 is coming.

As for your issue, It sounds like you're sliding your thumb too slow if you're constantly doing DJ > Aerial. You need to speed up the slide to make it work. Though, since you're using L as attack, it's really annoying to time properly imo (I tried with R since I shield with L). I only got DR to work decently well by going X > Y > C-Stick, but it was still hard because of the space in between the buttons and Cstick. To avoid pushing the A & B buttons, try to only use the tip of your thumb on the X & Y buttons.

Top Bottom