gfsdyjdetjhrdhtrsd HELP ME WITH DR PLEASE

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

I'm a dumbass and I never got DR down. Ever.
I think I got, liek, 3 in my life. I swear, that's how bad it is.

I even bugged bigman a few times for it. I don't want to have to bug him again for it. )=

My inputs are the following, I use CC Pro:

- A & B buttons switched. B is for Attack and A is for Special.
- The left Should buttons are both set for Attack and Special. L is for Attack and ZL for Specials (specially designed for DJC shenanigans).
- Tap Jump, off.

Everything else is default.

So please MTV SWF, pimp my game.

D

Deleted member 189823

I find it hard to slide my fingers over to the C-Stick...also, IIRC, the second Jump sometimes doesn't read.
Is it harder with CC Pro than it is with GC?

Scatz

Smash Champion
I don't mind being asked for help. I'm a little slow on responding these days, but always willing. I remember I said I was getting a video up covering DR, but my equipment has been going through an update process. Not only that, but not enough time to plan out and make a new video.

As for your issue, A & B is tough to deal with in terms of sliding the thumb because of the awkward space between the buttons and the awkwardness for holding the controller while doing it. Best method I found while attempting it was using X & Y buttons to slide down into the C stick. It's still tough, but it provides a better grip on your controller while using it. Note: I never owned a CCPro, just the regular CC.

GC is easier to get the move done than CC / CCPro mainly because the buttons (Y and B) are closer together, allowing for sliding to be more efficient.

D

Deleted member 189823

It's alright, man...the fact that you were patient with me the many times I've asked, is enough lol.
I practiced it quite a bit last night. Got a lot more down than the other times...still can't call it consistent, though. But like you said, it's not something you'll get down in a few hours, and probably not in only a few days. Not like I'm in a hurry, anyway.

My current input method: X - Y to Attack (Set to L, left shoulder button). Take note I don't slide from X to Y because it seems to only read one jump. That means I'm pressing the second jump too soon, right? I take it the second jump should be closer timed with the Attack button?

EDIT: I find sliding X/Y to C-Stick hard because the buttons are a bit tall to simply slide my thumb through them...also, they're sort of close to A & B, which I may accidentally press at times.
The things I'm getting are: Yoshi Double Jumps and attacks or he simply jumps and attacks. But much more of the former.

I think this is as detail as I can go, with my concern. Thank you, in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's no problem. Since I don't play much anymore, I still at least help others trying to come up. Though, I might get back into the swing of things since Smash 4 is coming.

As for your issue, It sounds like you're sliding your thumb too slow if you're constantly doing DJ > Aerial. You need to speed up the slide to make it work. Though, since you're using L as attack, it's really annoying to time properly imo (I tried with R since I shield with L). I only got DR to work decently well by going X > Y > C-Stick, but it was still hard because of the space in between the buttons and Cstick. To avoid pushing the A & B buttons, try to only use the tip of your thumb on the X & Y buttons.