• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gfest 6: Kyonfest!!!! Orlando, FL 07/23/11

Roller

Smash Legend
Wait. You have PS2 as a starter.. But not PS1? Don't get me wrong, I love me some PS2. But why would you give the 5 spot to PS2 over PS1? If you had 7 neutrals I could see it. But.. yeah. Explanation?

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Wait. You have PS2 as a starter.. But not PS1? Don't get me wrong, I love me some PS2. But why would you give the 5 spot to PS2 over PS1? If you had 7 neutrals I could see it. But.. yeah. Explanation?
its a fun tourney to try out new things. last time Mk and IC CG were banned

2-DJeff

Smash Master
That just sounds like a good way to not have your results count in the eyes of others. =/

I can get the experimenting with the stage thing though. I actually kind of like the stage picking method for game 1.
I care less about results i just wanna have fun. Its not life or death :laugh:

Roller

Smash Legend
You main ICs, don't you? I don't have much fun when my characters get restricted unnecessarily. Can't utilize all the stuff I've put time into learning. Would feel like I was playing below my potential. But that's just me I guess. =/

2-DJeff

Smash Master
You main ICs, don't you? I don't have much fun when my characters get restricted unnecessarily. Can't utilize all the stuff I've put time into learning. Would feel like I was playing below my potential. But that's just me I guess. =/
i main IC when i want to destroy. I can play most of the charaters in the game. And restricting CG is not big for me. I did care at first be then later i was like eh i could care less. I also play a high level Falco so yea no big for me lol.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
LOL Why didn't you figure that out sooner at ZP? You probably would've fared better against 8Bitman.

Maybe.

I don't know.

I wouldn't know.

I don't play either character, nor do I want to. Too unmanly.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
LOL Why didn't you figure that out sooner at ZP? You probably would've fared better against 8Bitman.

Maybe.

I don't know.

I wouldn't know.

I don't play either character, nor do I want to. Too unmanly.
i nvr play aginst rob idk what hes capable of im not a MU guide

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm not a MU guide either, but I could figure stuff out through trial and error.

As one who has very little true matchup experience, excuses mean very little to me.

No johns.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I'm not a MU guide either, but I could figure stuff out through trial and error.

As one who has very little true matchup experience, excuses mean very little to me.

No johns.
ok what about u and shaky?
and i have very few mu experience to. so idk why your calling me out like this. or if ur just trolling me. But thats good for you D-tor use it to your advantage on people. Since u dont need to really practice a MU.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Shaky beat me. Me having less experience in the MU had nothing to do with me losing. He's a better player.

I should've won the first match of that set, but at the end of the day, I'm not gonna live in the past and say should haves or should have nots. Like I always say, I just learn from my losses and move on.

Also, I was trolling you on the counterpick part. It was funny like how you said if I don't got ICs, I got Falco, and if Falco ain't cutting out, I got GnW. I was just poking fun at that. You should've figured I was trolling once I said I would use R.O.B. Didn't mean to call our your abilities as a player, so I'll man up and apologize for that.

gallax

Smash Hero
These results count no matter what. I also believe that PS2 is a better starter stage than PS1. Its smaller and the transformations are less beneficial overall than PS1. Im not saying that one or two chars won't benefit more than most, but thats less than 10% of the total overall Matchups in the game and in my mind that is not game changing.

gallax

Smash Hero
Ive seen the marth thing where he uses his dancing blades to stall in the air transformation and where he gets sent flying in the electric transformation. I will be harsh when it comes to stalling in my tournaments, that i can guarantee you.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Ive seen the marth thing where he uses his dancing blades to stall in the air transformation and where he gets sent flying in the electric transformation. I will be harsh when it comes to stalling in my tournaments, that i can guarantee you.
It's not any one thing and stalling with the wind transformation isn't an especially significant issue because the transformation doesn't last very long. Every transformation has something broken or overpowered on it and a few characters have something overpowered or broken on every transformation (G&W comes to mind; I believe that PS2 is G&W's best stage in a lot of match-ups).

Top Bottom